Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632181 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2014
joephemzyz:
As an athlete.....I gained something from kobe's new record for missed field goals.
- now D.rose is really tinkin abt his future these days.....so no more risky plays....smh

"Bryant entered the game 13 missed field goals shy of Havlicek, and now the 36-year-old Bryant stands ahead of him, Elvin Hayes (13,296), Karl Malone (12,682), Abdul-Jabbar (12,470) and Michael Jordan (12,345)."

And to think that 3 of these players are the only players ahead of Kobe in the all time scorers list,to make that cut you have to take many shots.

Kobe: "Well, I'm a shooting guard that's played 19 years," Bryant said with a shrug, a smile and an emphasis on the word "shooting."

"Like I said, 'shooting' guard, 19th year," he added later."

Kobe: "I remember when I was a kid and I watched Michael [Jordan] shoot 49 times in an NBA Finals game," Bryant said. "Can you imagine if I did that -- and lost? Puts things in perspective."

G.O.A.T in the making

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Nothing against kobrick but
Jordan shot at a higher percentage
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2014
easyelliot:

Point guard who can also score, sort of like tony Parker is ideal in today's game. A center is at the mercy of his teammates to get him the ball, but the pg, the ball is in his hands all day he determines who gets touches.

Pg is the more important position, IMO.
The effect a Center has on both offence and defence is far more important either today.
More and more players with ball handling skills are reducing the importance of the PG position.
The finest PG we've today is Chris Paul hasn't even been to the conference Final why Dwight drag Orlando to the final once with four other guys I can't remember.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:02am On Nov 14, 2014
the bulls are looking good already. I hope Thibodeau doesnt wear them out before playoffs like he usually does. Its Good to see Gasol back to his normal self...I suspect Kobe has a new found appreciation for this guy's sacrifice
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
Derrick rose injured again urghhh
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:28am On Nov 15, 2014
Bobbieydeey:
Derrick rose injured again urghhh

not reallly. just a hammy...i will be very surprised if he sits out the next game
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
birdman:

not reallly. just a hammy...i will be very surprised if he sits out the next game

Good to know rose's injury aint serious
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 11:20am On Nov 16, 2014
birdman:

He's alredy thinking of life after basketball,I hope he doesn't retire early just like brandon roy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bobbieydeey:

He's alredy thinking of life after basketball,I hope he doesn't retire early just like brandon roy

he misspoke i think. Rose needs to just play ball and stop worrying about stuff. he is on my fantasy team again this year...he better step up angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bobbieydeey:

Really Cavs weak bench ?
Tristian thompson,james jones,waiters,mike miller ? Naa mehn
With time ! They just trying to flow atm
James Jones lol! Mike Miller is running on fumes while Tristan and Waiters are the only decent options
Re: The NBA Begins by Veneto81: 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Good to know rose's injury aint serious

www.yashidasports.com
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
SIRcumalot:

The effect a Center has on both offence and defence is far more important either today.
More and more players with ball handling skills are reducing the importance of the PG position.
The finest PG we've today is Chris Paul hasn't even been to the conference Final why Dwight drag Orlando to the final once with four other guys I can't remember.
The most important position for me is btw the SF and SG or the swingman position because they have just the right combination of size, speed and handles. MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Durant no one has dominated the league quite like these guys

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2014
Franchise worst start of a season...Lakers are 1-9 now despite kobe's 44pts....weak defensive play.

undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
A40:

James Jones lol! Mike Miller is running on fumes while Tristan and Waiters are the only decent options

As regards james jones and miller,you get to see them more often when the playoffs start...3points makers anyday anytime !
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
As for the Lakers I think its not enough to just blame Kobe let's also realize they play in a brutal conference! The Lakers are not 1-9 if they were in the East at worst 3-7 or 4-6 ,also we have to add the fact that the team is being badly coached. Byron Scott is doing an awful job of reining in Kobe and of running the entire offense! They are also not competing on defense both halfcourt and transition.

Bobbieydeey:

As regards james jones and miller,you get to see them more often when the playoffs start...3points makers anyday anytime !
I've not seen them much over the last two playoffs

These guys are liabilities to their team on night's their 3pt shots aren't falling

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
http://fansided.com/2014/11/16/kevin-durant-repeatedly-called-dwight-howard-p-ssy/

I can see Kobe railing on DH for leaving the Lakers. But Durant cheesy? And its not the first time either. I guess he knows DH is a nice guy for real...I know I would send at least one elbow his way
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
All this hullabaloo about Dwight he's not even among the top 3 centers in the league anymore

Gasol, Noah, Chandler are better than him as we speak

Superb stuff from the Mavs despite literally throwing the game away last night! The offense has been awesome. Monta and Chandler are the standouts so far not forgetting Dirk too

The Cavs have now lost 4 in a row! Their record would have been as bad as the Lakers if they were in the West

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
In what world is tyson chandler and Noah better than Dwight ?
Gasol I agree.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:
All this hullabaloo about Dwight he's not even among the top 3 centers in the league anymore

Superb stuff from the Mavs despite literally throwing the game away last night! The offense has been awesome. Monta and Chandler are the standouts so far not forgetting Dirk too

The Cavs have now lost 4 in a row! Their record would have been as bad as the Lakers if they were in the West
Dwight is better than Noah and Chandler combined, I'd pick him before Gasol too.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

The only reason I would consider M. Gasol (Grizzlies) ahead of Howard is his interior pass skill and also his ability to knock down free throws and 2 feet jumpers, Chandler is a very dominant center but he fouls out of games way too much to be depended on, a rebound beast but does not account enough numbers with buckets to topple Howard..

I always wish Dwight had 40% heart and drive of Kobe or Kevin Garnett, I argued with pals recently that with the right personnel around howard he could win 1 championship and that is it, I don't see him poised enough to compete for multiple, remember he was the head of the snake that took Orlando to the finals but failed..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
addempsea:
Dwight is better than Noah and Chandler combined, I'd pick him before Gasol too.
Lolol you are living in the past brother! Marc Gasol is far far better than Dwight and Jokim Noah too with what I've seen from Chandler so far this season he is also in the list
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Roland17:

The only reason I would consider M. Gasol (Grizzlies) ahead of Howard is his interior pass skill and also his ability to knock down free throws and 2 feet jumpers, Chandler is a very dominant center but he fouls out of games way too much to be depended on, a rebound beast but does not account enough numbers with buckets to topple Howard..

I always wish Dwight had 40% heart and drive of Kobe or Kevin Garnett, I argued with pals recently that with the right personnel around howard he could win 1 championship and that is it, I don't see him poised enough to compete for multiple, remember he was the head of the snake that took Orlando to the finals but failed..

Dwight has regressed bruh! He is far from the dominant beast he once was! If you opt to build anything around Dwight now O.Y.O is your case

You are spot on on Dwight lacking the drive to be a KG or Kobe no wonder they clashed a lot! Kobe was hard on Gasol too but it brought out the best in him and two rings to boot

In a weak Eastern conference Dwight should have made more than one Final if he was that dominant! He did nothing with the Lakers as well and even with a talented Rockets team could not go past the first round

SIRcumalot:
Gasol I agree.
In the present world! Noah is a far better passer and defender!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

Dwight has regressed bruh! He is far from the dominant beast he once was! If you opt to build anything around Dwight now O.Y.O is your case

You are spot on on Dwight lacking the drive to be a KG or Kobe no wonder they clashed a lot! Kobe was hard on Gasol too but it brought out the best in him and two rings to boot

In a weak Eastern conference Dwight should have made more than one Final if he was that dominant! He did nothing with the Lakers as well and even with a talented Rockets team could not go past the first round

Tons of vans construed Kobe when Howard was with the Lakers, even though his ego and perchant for protecting and never sharing his city LA was an issue, on the court the main problem was Kobe did not see the heart in Howard, he was way too soft for Kobe and Kobe as we all know and respect ranks drive and poise ahead of other abilities..

The eastern conference was not as weak as seen today but like I said, I think he is a point guard away from a good team, he might get one maybe but I doubt he can get multiple..

And yes you are on point about building a team around Howard..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

In the present world! Noah is a far better passer and defender!
Because his playful doesn't mean he lacks the will to win.
Must he bang his head every night like KG or turn into a Psycho like Kobe before he is taken seriously ?
And contrary to popular opinion you can build a team around Him.
Their are few centers in the league better than Dwight Noah and Chandler aren't among them.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

Lolol you are living in the past brother! Marc Gasol is far far better than Dwight and Jokim Noah too with what I've seen from Chandler so far this season he is also in the list
Check out the stats bro , Rebounds/Game
and Points/Game.

m.espn.go.com/nba/leagueleaders?&wjb= .
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Must he bang his head every night like KG or turn into a Psycho like Kobe before he is taken seriously ?
Their are few centers in the league better than Dwight Noah and Chandler aren't among them.
Taah! Dwight is not the beast he used to be abeg! He is living on past glory!

You can't build no team around Dwight! We saw it with the Rockets who couldn't even get past the first round under Dwight's watch despite having home court or with the Lakers where he got swept!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
addempsea:
Check out the stats bro , Rebounds/Game
and Points/Game.

m.espn.go.com/nba/leagueleaders?&wjb= .
Dwight has played fewer games so the stats are bound to be skewed

Gasol and Noah are definitely better than Dwight and Chandler this season has been better so far
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

Taah! Dwight is not the beast he used to be abeg! He is living on past glory!

You can't build no team around Dwight! We saw it with the Rockets who couldn't even get past the first round under Dwight's watch despite having home court or with the Lakers where he got swept!
You counting him off based on just his first Season with the rockets !!
He was their best player throughout that whole series with Portland.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:

You counting him off based on just his first Season with the rockets !!
He was their best player throughout that whole series with Portland.
Yet they lost in 6 despite having home-court! How well did he play when the Lakers faced the Spurs?

Forget Dwight isn't all that atm.
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 11:16am On Nov 24, 2014
A40:
As for the Lakers I think its not enough to just blame Kobe let's also realize they play in a brutal conference! The Lakers are not 1-9 if they were in the East at worst 3-7 or 4-6 ,also we have to add the fact that the team is being badly coached. Byron Scott is doing an awful job of reining in Kobe and of running the entire offense! They are also not competing on defense both halfcourt and transition.

I've not seen them much over the last two playoffs

These guys are liabilities to their team on night's their 3pt shots aren't falling

Mike miller played for grizzlies last playoffs na,you didn't see him hit some couple important threes...jones isn't getting more time that's why,too much stars on that cavs team but that kid got 3's talent
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Gasol I agree.

Lol tyson and noah can shoot freethrows better that howard
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Not necessarily but he needs to play like a big-man just like Shaquile O'Neil....DH is really soft

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.