Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1722938 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
I hope this Cav team get their sheet together soon also I haven't been impressed by kevin love I thought he was suppose to be the best PF in the NBA.

Probably too soon The bulls may just carry the East.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
The expectations from this Cavs team is way over the top, this at best is an average team, a C+ if asked to grade.. it would not even make 8th position in the dreaded western conference if we must be candid even with Lebron, the Cavs are a project, a very long term one at that, the heats had a very potent roaster but they did not win a championship until the second attempt after the arrival of Lebron, the project for the heats was never long term, it was a "Win now" mentality thus an array of stars was assembled, a deeper bench and players that can spread play and knock the three points..

The media must be very careful not to overturn the purpose of this team which is to build a formidable squad over time without the pressure of winning a championship because Lebron took his talent back to Ohio, there is the issue bothered on Lebron's relationship with coach Blatt and all I can say is getting the best coach for Lebron would not solve the situation with the Cavs, LBJ is approaching the other side of his career which is the ending, he like other superstars can't accept or assimilate coaching too well except of course you play for G. Popovic, Blatt should be given the opportunity to improve Kyrie, Dion Waiters, Thompson, if the organization seeks to change the coach, it should be aimed at improving the play of the young players I mentioned earlier, when they traded the number one overall pick to the Timberwolves for Love I was convinced they had lost focus, Love is not going to dominate on a roaster that has LBJ, infact it would be almost impossible for any player to, his numbers have gone down, K. Irvin is still very stubborn with reliquinshing his numbers to LBJ..

As far as the east goes the Bulls are the only balanced team..key word BALANCED, they have a very experienced roaster and a deeper bench, the resurgent P. Gasol, a Miitrovic that can go 7/10 from the 3 point line, A. Brooks helping a healthy Rose on offense and on defense they are ably coached and manned by Noah, Butler at the perimeter, Gibson, Dunleavy on both sides, if the Bulls don't make it to the conference finals the season is a disappointment..

Look out for the Wizards and the Hawks too..

Ooops.. Thanks to my Guy Sircumlaot for reminding me..how on earth did I forget the Raptors? They are Legit

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
I am sure LBJ and the whole Cavs organization has the same "win now" Mentality I like the whole going back home narrative and I hope he wins but as you said yourself if they were dedicated to rebuilding why trade for K.Love ?

Who even knows if lebron was privy to trade talks between the wolves and Cavaliers before he made decision 2.0 ?

LBJ is a ring Chaser, this isn't an insult to the man it is a nice mentality to have at least he isn't Melo. I hope the teams gels quickly and Kyrie shouldn't be shooting more than Love sef.
That Chicago team makes too much sense.
No love for the Raptors ?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
SIRcumalot:
I hope this Cav team get their sheet together soon also I haven't been impressed by kevin love I thought he was suppose to be the best PF in the NBA.

Probably too soon The bulls may just carry the East.
Kevin Love best PF in the league? Whaat? I'd take 36 year old Dirk over him. He has no post-game! All he does is shoot threes for the most part

Lamarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin are better than him

The emergence of Jimmy Butler has been the story of the year in the East! This kid is something else

The Raptors, Wizards are also dangerous

Guys like Lou Williams is giving them crazy production off the bench imagine what they might look like when DeRozan returns

As for the Wizards they are also doing well despite Nene and Gortat playing poorly

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:10am On Dec 31, 2014
A40:

Kevin Love best PF in the league? Whaat? I'd take 36 year old Dirk over him. He has no post-game! All he does is shoot threes for the most part

Lamarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin are better than him

The emergence of Jimmy Butler has been the story of the year in the East! This kid is something else

The Raptors, Wizards are also dangerous

Guys like Lou Williams is giving them crazy production off the bench imagine what they might look like when DeRozan returns

As for the Wizards they are also doing well despite Nene and Gortat playing poorly
The only weakness in love's game is that he is a bad defender,offensively his way better than blake
The raptors will still cool off after their hot start.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:53am On Dec 31, 2014
SIRcumalot:

The only weakness in love's game is that he is a bad defender,offensively his way better than blake

But it's very sad he would never fulfil his offensive potentials with the Cavs, reminds me of C. Bosh prior to his move to the Heats, he was a beast with the Raptors, he dominated both ends of the court, I guess playing with Lebron means you have to sacrifice a lot of offense and your style to accommodate him..

Kevin Love was known as the Double Double machine with the wolves, you might argue he played with Mediocre's and was the best player in the team and I could find that argument valuable but should that also mean his game depreciates with the Cavs, Love has never been a good defender and to imagine the Cavs want him to change that is spurious..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Lol at way better! K.Love's low post game is laughable. He's a better shooter no doubt but in the post Love has nothing on Blake. Albeit Love is a terrific rebounder

I like the Raptors whether they cool off remains to be seen especially with DeRozan their second best player due to return

Lebron out for 2weeks. Looks like the Cavs are in deep kaka
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2015
A40:

Lebron out for 2weeks. Looks like the Cavs are in deep kaka

cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
I wonder what the Rockets were thinking its bad enough that you picked up chemistry killer and occasional locker room cancer Josh Smith because he is BFFs with Dwight but you went on to make him a starter?

Since he left the Pistons they can't seem to stop winning

Looks like Melo might be done for the season. Bad to worse for the Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
will007:
shaqtin'a fool...#kyrieIrving

Did you see the one with Marc Gasol, Brandon Jennings (had a clear layup yet went back and attempted a midrange shot)
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32am On Jan 05, 2015
RIP Stuart Scott

If you watched ESPN you would know him SportsCenter, Toyota Halftime show, NFL countdown simply put one of the most talented sportscasters to ever bless the mic. Deeply saddened to hear he is no more he was only 49

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:19am On Jan 05, 2015
"When you die, that doesn’t mean you lose to cancer, You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live.

So live, Fight like hell, and when you get too tired to fight, lay down and rest and let someone else fight for you".

Quote by Scott Stuart..RIP...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:55am On Jan 05, 2015
Paying my last respect to the great man himself. He definitely put the "Kool" into sports broadcasting most especially the NBA. He had that screen presence and charm only a very limited few could match and the way he spoke stood him out from the rest. Needless to say he was Charisma personified

RIP to the Legendary Sports Broadcaster. You'll be sorely missed BIG MAN!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
A40:

Did you see the one with Marc Gasol, Brandon Jennings (had a clear layup yet went back and attempted a midrange shot)
Nah..missed it
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
Whatsup in this hood....its getting cold here
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
Cleveland looks to be back on track owing to James' arrival
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Finally Green is traded to the Grizzlies, i love the move, no animosities with any of the recent trades anyways, at this stage of his career he deserves a chance to play for a team competing for the championship and I have always maintained if the option of the Celtics winning the championship is not available, I would gladly support the Grizzlies so no bad feelings.

We have accumulated tons of first round picks from our recent trades, I am hoping we make the right choices, we need a solid draft pick, that is dominant to build our franchise on, I don't think M. Smart is that player, neither is Sulinger, Olynik or Bradley, we have the pieces gradually coming on, I have watched us play severally this season and the recurring problem has been holding on to leads, a very dominant pick and 1 or 2 experienced yet relevant free agents would cement the work Brad Stevens is doing.

And hey guys, how about Doc Rivers trying to rescue his sons career by trading for him with the Clipoers from the Celtics, Austin Rivers has been disappointing, 10th overall pick from Duke in his 3rd year or is it 4th sef? His achilles has been defense and lack of confidence with the ball, it always seem the stage is too big for the lad to produce..anyways let's see what Doc gets out of him..

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by tuffgongjo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
How come no one is talking about the Golden State Warriors?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:18am On Jan 19, 2015
Who was fortunate to see the OKC vs Golden State game. Best game of the season by far! I was blown away by such beautiful basketball played by both sides

Its amazing how offloading Josh Smith has improved the Pistons! They are only one game out of the playoffs

The real story are the Hawks men! How do they keep winning?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:30am On Jan 19, 2015
tuffgongjo:
How come no one is talking about the Golden State Warriors?
Pardon the oversight! Mark Jackson started the job and Steve Kerr is improving it, Klay Thompson is slowly emerging as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league! He absolutely destroyed James Harden yesterday
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:53am On Jan 21, 2015
Wishing my Favourite NBA player and IMO Basketball's Greatest Ever Centre a Happy Birthday. Thanks for the lifelong memories Dream!
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2015
22/01 Philadel 01 : 00 New York
22/01 Clevelan 01 : 00 Utah Jaz
22/01 Charlott 01 : 00 Miami He
22/01 Detroit 01 : 30 Orlando
22/01 Atlanta 01 : 30 Indiana
22/01 Washingt 02 : 00 Oklahoma
22/01 New Orle 02 : 00 Los Ange
22/01 Minnesot 02 : 00 Dallas M
22/01 Memphis 02 : 00 Toronto
22/01 Phoenix 03 : 00 Portland
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:27am On Jan 22, 2015
Warriors opening a can of whoop @ss on my rockets undecided. I haven't followed the nba much this season, first time I'm seeing the warriors play. These guys are legit.

Looking at the top 3 teams both east and west, I wonder if the days of the superstar teams are over. Of the little I have watched of these teams, discipline, clock management and bball iq look like the common thread. Or maybe the talent level in the league is now deep enough to match superstar powerhouses like cavaliers, bulls, spurs, even thunder

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:25am On Jan 23, 2015
After a 24 game losing streak to Western conference teams we finally defeated a western conference team away at Portland albeit without the injured L. Aldridge, Sulinger had a great night, that last hustle play to get Turner an assist for the three was huge..
#Celtics..
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2015
All-Star Game Starters:

Western Conference :

Stephen Curry
Kobe Bryant
Anthony Davis
Blake Griffin
Marc Gasol

Eastern Conference :

John Wall
Kyle Lowry
Carmelo Anthony
Lebron James
Pau Gasol

Notable omission: KD,Chris Paul,James Harden,Dwight Howard,Dwyane Wade,Aldridge,Cousins etc....most should make the reserves still.

Surprise inclusion: Kobe and Camelo

Western Conference should win this cool
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Roland17:
After a 24 game losing streak to Western conference teams we finally defeated a western conference team away at Portland albeit without the injured L. Aldridge, Sulinger had a great night, that last hustle play to get Turner an assist for the three was huge..
#Celtics..

I applaud your loyalty grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
The Warriors are something else. A lot of emphasis is made on their offense but its their defense people need to notice more. I don't think they lack a star. IMO Klay Thompson and Steph Curry are stars

The Hawks are probably a bigger deal. Well coached and the health of Al Horford has helped too

Star games tonight
Suns vs Rockets
Hawks vs OKC
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 11:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
OKC might bring the winning streak of Hawks to an end this night....#prediction
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:03am On Jan 24, 2015
birdman:

I applaud your loyalty grin

Thanks bro..#greenrunsdeep

A Nerve wrecking victory against the Nuggets, first back to back victory against a western conference team in forever and of course a back to back one point victory away from home, this team has potentials, but it's going to be a very long way..hopefully Danny Ainge got something off his sleeves this off season..#Celtics

Did anyone see Hardens last second bucket against the Suns? How the beardman is not in the first team of the all star beats my imagination, the Hawks deserve a spot specifically Al Horford, who I believe deserves a spot ahead of Melo, but hey the All stars is being held at the Big apple, so the city needed to be represented irrespective of their abysmal record this season and fan voting is still filled with personal bias..
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2015
will007:
OKC might bring the winning streak of Hawks to an end this night....#prediction

They couldn't and it's the 29th win in 31 games for the hawks...they looking real good.

It was a big night for klay Thompson with an NBA record:most points in a quarter (37pts) and finishes with 52pts
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Roland17:

Thanks bro..#greenrunsdeep

A Nerve wrecking victory against the Nuggets, first back to back victory against a western conference team in forever and of course a back to back one point victory away from home, this team has potentials, but it's going to be a very long way..hopefully Danny Ainge got something off his sleeves this off season..#Celtics

Did anyone see Hardens last second bucket against the Suns? How the beardman is not in the first team of the all star beats my imagination, the Hawks deserve a spot specifically Al Horford, who I believe deserves a spot ahead of Melo, but hey the All stars is being held at the Big apple, so the city needed to be represented irrespective of their abysmal record this season and fan voting is still filled with personal bias..
Am just happy D. Wade isn't starting in the East
Kobe is injured so his spot is up for grabs Harden should get though I won't be surprise if Klay gets it.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:05am On Jan 24, 2015
SIRcumalot:
I won't be surprise if Klay gets it.

He should....

Ooh Mpa watched that 3rd quarter and he's like shocked

THE SPLASH!!!!!'cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.