Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626850 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
Breaking News... Kyrie has fractured kneecap, out for Finals...

I pity the young dude... Chai... I wud miss game 2 of these nba finals...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Donlittle:
I told my coworkers, Iguodala is going to guard lebron, yeah he might get 40 points, but Iguodala is such a good defender. didnt even think lebron scored on him

Lebron was 4 / 14 when matched up against Iggy, I think that stat says it all..Iggy is a class defender, he has length and court awareness.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
Donlittle:
once i saw that inbounds play, i knew it was going in, jr smith is clutcher than carmelo lol. RIP stewart scott
How dare u insult melo? Melo is clutcher than Lebron.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Seamareggae:
I think these Nba finals might break a record for the most foul during an offensive rebound...

That Thompson is just a beast going for offensive rebounds.... But too many isos from James might kill the team spirit... Nd Kyrie not being fit...

Well.. Since my team Lakers dey sleep for house.. I take Warriors to win it all...

I love the team spirit, there swag, nd the crowd...

O bobby... Na 400mb i take stream the game... Nigeria network thoo... Waiting for game 2 on Sunday...
you have league pass? Or post links for streaming.
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
addempsea:
you have league pass? Or post links for streaming.
I use Mobdro android app for streaming of the games...

Bt sports 1, Espn, star sports beams it live and direct.... No need of league pass....
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Seamareggae:

I use Mobdro android app for streaming of the games...

Bt sports 1, Espn, star sports beams it live and direct.... No need of league pass....
abc channel too
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
addempsea:
How dare u insult melo? Melo is clutcher than Lebron.
melo is like 1/20 on game winning shot. lillard is clutcher than him.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Donlittle:
melo is like 1/20 on game winning shot. lillard is clutcher than him.
im nt saying melo is the clutchest, bu he is clutcher than james.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32am On Jun 07, 2015
Kyrie Irving out for the season. Its not if the Warriors would win anymore its if the Cavs can avoid a sweep

Mizzzbeee:
yea he shud use his teammates the more.... The Guy is proud abeg always making taunts and faces after scoring points angry #THEKINGWILLBEDETHRONED cool
That King na him dey annoy me! MJ wey be 6-0 for NBA Final no call himself King

If I were Steve Kerr I'd play that video of his celebration when he made that shot vs the Warriors last year to my players just to get them pissed off

Followback btw

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:46am On Jun 07, 2015
A40:
Kyrie Irving out for the season. Its not if the Warriors would win anymore its if the Cavs can avoid a sweep

If I were Steve Kerr I'd play that video of his celebration when he made that shot vs the Warriors last year to my players just to get them pissed off

Followback btw
exactly ooo...cant wait for Monday 1:00 game 2....Well to b realistic I dnt knw if they will b swept cuz even houston avoided It but I knw the so called king will be dethroned and his ego deflated #GSWin 5 cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:48am On Jun 07, 2015
A40:

Followback btw

Sebi you see why I dey tell you say Lebron no go enter my top 10 alll time, if I write my argument now dem go ban me..

Lebron is verrrrrry lucky to be playing during this all era..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00am On Jun 07, 2015
Roland17:

Sebi you see why I dey tell you say Lebron no go enter my top 10 alll time, if I write my argument now dem go ban me..
Lebron is verrrrrry lucky to be playing during this all era..
Hahaha LBJ would enter my top 10 all time oo! I no hate am reach that stage

I do believe he plays in a relatively weak Eastern conference era but the boy can ball

Mizzzbeee:
exactly ooo...cant wait for Monday 1:00 game 2....Well to b realistic I dnt knw if they will b swept cuz even houston avoided It but I knw the so called king will be dethroned and his ego deflated #GSWin 5 cool
Unless they are complacent I don't see why they shouldn't sweep LBJ and co. The Cavs really must be cursing their luck! If they had gone on to win in regulation maybe Kyrie doesn't get hurt in Overtime.

Trust ESPN to inflate his ego even if it gets deflated
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:28am On Jun 07, 2015
A40:

Hahaha LBJ would enter my top 10 all time oo! I no hate am reach that stage

I do believe he plays in a relatively weak Eastern conference era but the boy can ball

After stinking the whole joint against the Spurs consecutively and of course against the great German and your Mavs, folks are already having short memory..The finals is when when MEN show up, I mean with 2 minutes left MEN who decide to take over must realize the burden of being clutch is attached with greatness, since when did jump shooting become a weapon in his armory?

I have watched this bro for too long to conclude there is absolutely nothing spectacular about his play except his NFL built physique, this is not about hating, ESPN does not even help him with his issues either ways, imagine how much bad rep ESPN gives Durant even during his best season and not to talk of his injury ravaged year, I am not in any way implying the latter is a better player..

As far as I am concerned MJ stopped taking Lebron serious in his quest for the greatest or even top 10 after the Mavs loss and San Antonio did not even make matter better, dem too wicked, they keep proving his claim to greatness is predicated on his conference play and not the playoffs when MEN show up..do u know how bad MJ laughed after last season's show against the Spurs?

Would he get into my top 10? Again that is subjectively questionable based on what I have watched in the last 5 years in the finals..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:25am On Jun 07, 2015
Roland17:

After stinking the whole joint against the Spurs consecutively and of course against the great German and your Mavs, folks are already having short memory..The finals is when when MEN show up, I mean with 2 minutes left MEN who decide to take over must realize the burden of being clutch is attached with greatness, since when did jump shooting become a weapon in his armory?
2013 vs San Antone. 2012 vs OKC

Trust me I have a lot of Lebron fanboys as friends! And few things make me happier than to see him flop! I'm a diehard Kobe fan and till infinity Kobe >>>> Lebron but Lebron sef dey try

Roland17:

I have watched this bro for too long to conclude there is absolutely nothing spectacular about his play except his NFL built physique, this is not about hating, ESPN does not even help him with his issues either ways, imagine how much bad rep ESPN gives Durant even during his best season and not to talk of his injury ravaged year, I am not in any way implying the latter is a better player..
The Heat went from NBA Finals to not making the playoffs at all, the Cavs went from not making the playoffs to NBA Finals. He dey try IMO, and while I think the East is weak you still have to beat the teams in front of you which Lebron has done

Roland17:
As far as I am concerned MJ stopped taking Lebron serious in his quest for the greatest or even top 10 after the Mavs loss and San Antonio did not even make matter better, dem too wicked, they keep proving his claim to greatness is predicated on his conference play and not the playoffs when MEN show up..do u know how bad MJ laughed after last season's show against the Spurs?

Would he get into my top 10? Again that is subjectively questionable based on what I have watched in the last 5 years in the finals..

The Spurs were 4 time NBA Champions! These are not mugs. We are talking about a team with arguably the best coach in NBA history. I think the media have a big share of the blame. They give Lebron too much credit when he wins and too much flak when he loses.

I don't think he is as good as M.J (no one is) neither is he as good as Kobe. I'd however include Lebron in my top 10 or top 15 list. Who is your best Small Forward of all time if I may ask?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:24am On Jun 07, 2015
40+ points in a game 1 of a series that just started.its soon to start this LBJ is weak argument,you would think MJ or Kobe never missed a game winning shot.
If you say he is only a physical specimen what about his high basketball IQ and his phenomenal passing range ?
@A40,Roland his a celtics fan so the Answer is probably Larry bird or Pierce
it also explains why he doesn't like LBJ.
Kobe is the closest Clone of the GOAT we'll ever get and I don't think he is better than lebron except you bring up the ring argument which is unfair.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:46am On Jun 07, 2015
A40:

I don't think he is as good as M.J (no one is) neither is he as good as Kobe. I'd however include Lebron in my top 10 or top 15 list. Who is your best Small Forward of all time if I may ask?

Honestly bro, I have given up arguing with them, don't get me wrong I appreciate Lebron but his fans and the media make it very easy to him pick apart when compared to other greats..Top 15 absolutely yes.

Larry Bird..no one, I mean no one comes close, this absolutely has nothing to do with being a Celtic, Magic Johnson would smack anyone who says other wise.

Lebron James/ Scottie Pippen..very close but leaning towards Lebron

Julius Erving...

SIRcumalot:
40+ points in a game 1 of a series that just started.its soon to start this LBJ is weak argument,you would think MJ or Kobe never missed a game winning shot.
If you say he is only a physical specimen what about his high basketball IQ and his phenomenal passing range ?
@A40,Roland his a celtics fan so the Answer is probably Larry bird or Pierce
it also explains why he doesn't like LBJ.
Kobe is the closest Clone of the GOAT we'll ever get and I don't think he is better than lebron except you bring up the ring argument which is unfair.

40+ points and when it mattered most what were his numbers? Is this the first time? If I am going to argue Lebron with anyone I would not be kind with numbers or lax with performance. For crying out loud we are not arguing about a Paul George or James harden here, we are arguing about a player who is fighting for a stake in the book of all time greatness, someone who once said one of the four faces in the Mount Rushmore of basketball would have to move away for him or the architect create space for him, so if we are arguing Lebron here you guys must stop this pity party you show like someone is supposed to pity him every time.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 07, 2015
LEBRON isnt top 10 guys. I however respect the guy though. Spurs beats him once, almost had him the second time, and my dallas destroyed him in the finals, just goes to show how hard it will be for lebron if he played out here in the wild wild west. He is not a kobe, nor will he be close to jordan. Maybe because i am a dallas fan, but I do think nowitzki is greater than him in this generation. Dirk is really Under-Appreciated in my opinion. Lebron can not go to the final six times and win just two, i dont care, but you dont deserve to be in the mount rushmore. Those guys in the mount rushmore went to the finals and won like 4/5, 3/5, 6/6, i mean, this guy wont come in here and win 2/6 and say he deserves to be in it. It is just not possible.
Regardless, i wont mind him in a dallas uniform lol.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:32am On Jun 07, 2015
Donlittle:
LEBRON isnt top 10 guys. I however respect the guy though. Spurs beats him once, almost had him the second time, and my dallas destroyed him in the finals, just goes to show how hard it will be for lebron if he played out here in the wild wild west. He is not a kobe, nor will he be close to jordan. Maybe because i am a dallas fan, but I do think nowitzki is greater than him in this generation. Dirk is really Under-Appreciated in my opinion. Lebron can not go to the final six times and win just two, i dont care, but you dont deserve to be in the mount rushmore. Those guys in the mount rushmore went to the finals and won like 4/5, 3/5, 6/6, i mean, this guy wont come in here and win 2/6 and say he deserves to be in it. It is just not possible.
Regardless, i wont mind him in a dallas uniform lol.

Spurs beat him twice. 2007 which was the Eight sweep of the NBA finals and last year.

Thank you
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:37am On Jun 07, 2015
Roland17:

Honestly bro, I have given up arguing with them, don't get me wrong I appreciate Lebron but his fans and the media make it very easy to him pick apart when compared to other greats..Top 15 absolutely yes.

Larry Bird..no one, I mean no one comes close, this absolutely has nothing to do with being a Celtic, Magic Johnson would smack anyone who says other wise.

Lebron James/ Scottie Pippen..very close but leaning towards Lebron

Julius Erving...

40+ points and when it mattered most what were his numbers? Is this the first time? If I am going to argue Lebron with anyone I would not be kind with numbers or lax with performance. For crying out loud we are not arguing about a Paul George or James harden here, we are arguing about a player who is fighting for a stake in the book of all time greatness, someone who once said one of the four faces in the Mount Rushmore of basketball would have to move away for him or the architect create space for him, so if we are arguing Lebron here you guys must stop this pity party you show like someone is supposed to pity him every time.

Firstly I think Duncan is the greatest player since Jordan not lebron,shaq or kobe
And only Duncan has done enough to be named with kareem,bird,Magic and MJ

Credit to GS for making him be more of a scorer because LBJ's game is more like Magic than Jordan he'll come up big next game only it probably won't be enough.

@Donlittle stop with that comparision I love dirk but he isn't even in top 3 all time in his position.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Firstly I think Duncan is the greatest player since Jordan not lebron,shaq or kobe
And only Duncan has done enough to be named with kareem,bird,Magic and MJ

Credit to GS for making him be more of a scorer because LBJ's game is more like Magic than Jordan he'll come up big next game only it probably won't be enough.

@Donlittle stop with that comparision I love dirk but he isn't even in top 3 all time in his position.
name the top 3 in his position?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:44am On Jun 07, 2015
This though

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:46am On Jun 07, 2015
Donlittle:
I don't know much but I think you will name Duncan and possibly Kelvin Garnet though
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:52am On Jun 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

And only Duncan has done enough to be named with kareem,bird,Magic and MJ.

Huge respect for this comment..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:58am On Jun 07, 2015
Roland17:

Huge respect for this comment..
But he is not as hyped or celebrated cos he is said to be "Boring"
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:00am On Jun 07, 2015
Donlittle:
Mchale,duncan,KG, even Karl Malone I'll take before I pick Dirk.
Dirk touched god in '11 but let's not get carried away.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:43am On Jun 07, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
yea he shud use his teammates the more.... The Guy is proud abeg always making taunts and faces after scoring points angry #THEKINGWILLBEDETHRONED cool

If I hear angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2015
kliq:

If I hear angry

Cavs will only av. Chance if LBJ trusts his teammate............he n kyrie scored haalf of deir points or so last time out.......gold state meanwhile play team ball with many contributors on the floor..that mkes em diffficult to beat.......my take.....#GSW for the title!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2015
joephemzyz:

Cavs will only av. Chance if LBJ trusts his teammate............he n kyrie scored haalf of deir points or so last time out.......gold state meanwhile play team ball with many contributors on the floor..that mkes em diffficult to beat.......my take.....#GSW for the title!

True but let's not forget that GSW been playing together as a team for a while now hence the coordination.... let's see how game 2 goes
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Mchale,duncan,KG, even Karl Malone I'll take before I pick Dirk.
Dirk touched god in '11 but let's not get carried away.
McHale? I hear for Duncan I hear for Mailman but not McHale. Dirk and KG are at par IMO. KG the better defender Dirk the better scorer

Dirk beat 3 future Hall of Famers with Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry and 38 year old Jason Kidd. No be beans
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
A40:

McHale? I hear for Duncan I hear for Mailman but not McHale. Dirk and KG are at par IMO. KG the better defender Dirk the better scorer

Dirk beat 3 future Hall of Famers with Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry and 38 year old Jason Kidd. No be beans
Okay then barkley
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Okay then barkley
barkley? thats definately not true. the mailman maybe, duncan maybe, but kg? mchale? barkley? naw. ever heard barkley talk about dirk? he respects him.

one would wonder how great dirk would have been if he had a better supporting cast like duncan did. only if cuban never took him for granted. he arguably played with almost new teammates every year, and still goes to the playoffs. although, rick carlise also takes some credit for that
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Donlittle:
barkley? thats definately not true. the mailman maybe, duncan maybe, but kg? mchale? barkley? naw. ever heard barkley talk about dirk? he respects him.

one would wonder how great dirk would have been if he had a better supporting cast like duncan did. only if cuban never took him for granted. he arguably played with almost new teammates every year, and still goes to the playoffs. although, rick carlise also takes some credit for that
I'll let Mchale slide because have never really seen him play but all the rest I'll pick before Dirk.
2011 dallas maverick is my favourite champion run ever.
That been said he has his stinkers the spectacular choke job against Miami in 06
And that funny season where he led dallas to the first seed,won the MVP and got bounced in the 1st round by the warriors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.