Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617904 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
A-40:

We've absolutely seen it before at Utah the worst part is he has actually been playing really poorly and poor as the Mavs have been I'm still glad he chose the Nets

This is most annoying part of the story, D-Williams holds on to the ball to long before making up his mind on what to do.. his form has dropped significantly. How about J. Johnson? of what use has his trade been to the NETS, if fans think J.J needs more time to click with this team, so did Avery Johnson..

Although i love the way they play especially when Lopez is playing, the inside-out play works well with pick and rolls, but sometimes D.W tries to do too much.

So sad the Mavs could not close out the Thunders..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:59am On Dec 29, 2012
Roland17:

This is most annoying part of the story, D-Williams holds on to the ball to long before making up his mind on what to do.. his form has dropped significantly. How about J. Johnson? of what use has his trade been to the NETS, if fans think J.J needs more time to click with this team, so did Avery Johnson..

Although i love the way they play especially when Lopez is playing, the inside-out play works well with pick and rolls, but sometimes D.W tries to do too much.

So sad the Mavs could not close out the Thunders..
Never saw them as a threat. They are full of guys that don't go hard! Yeah they put together a gang of guys that score in bunches but really don't stop anybody. Lopez is actually the only one willing to play any D on their starting V.
Mavs just don't have the tools to compete men I'm suprised they ran them that close

Felton out! Huge huge loss for the Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
How on earth did the Knicks blow a 27pt lead against the Kings of all people

The Clips have now won 16 in a row. I knew they where good but not this good! Very balanced ball club

The Mavs SMH one can only hope Carlisle doesn't get fired
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

If for any reason Carlisle is fired, then its time for Cuban to give up the Mavs, the coach is helpless, look at the team, O.J Mayo's numbers have dropped drastically.....
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:
How on earth did the Knicks blow a 27pt lead against the Kings of all people

The Clips have now won 16 in a row. I knew they where good but not this good! Very balanced ball club

Nah it was the Other way Around...

The Kings had a 27 point lead...

The Knicks came back..took the lead by 5...then lost on buzzer beater. LoL
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:09am On Dec 30, 2012
الملكي فوق الله:

Nah it was the Other way Around...

The Kings had a 27 point lead...

The Knicks came back..took the lead by 5...then lost on buzzer beater. LoL
Got my wires crossed! Thanks for the correction

Roland17:

If for any reason Carlisle is fired, then its time for Cuban to give up the Mavs, the coach is helpless, look at the team, O.J Mayo's numbers have dropped drastically.....
I really don't know what kind of experiment the man is conducting. Signed Eddy Curry waived him, Got Derek Fisher he's been waived (Fisher asked for a waive tho) Troy Murphy!
Surely guys like Marion,V.Carter need to be offloaded those dudes are done. Didn't expect Mayo to carry the team all thru the season he was due a slip sometime
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 3:35am On Dec 30, 2012
Roland17:

Well Cuban got too clever by half and disbanded a championship team for financial flexibility. He should have given that 2010 team a chance to defend. He is getting got what he deserves

Of all the guys that won only Dirk, Marion and Beabois remain on the team. This team is not even in rebuilding mode but a collection of over the hill players (Brand, Kaman)and some spare parts.

The only guy I feel for is Dirk. He doesn't deserve this. I Say he demands a trade NOW to a contender and let Cuban wallow in this rot
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 3:50am On Dec 30, 2012
Can't believe the Clippers are on a tear. 16 straight wins. wow! That Donald Sterling the stingiest and perhaps the worst owner in the NBA is getting some success is truly amazing.

Seriously this team is loaded. With Odom, Billups & Jamal Crawford coming off the bench, they should make some noise in the playoffs. Till then let's wait and see if this team stands the test of time. Hopefully, they can finally get out from under the shadow of big brother (Lakers)
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:39am On Dec 30, 2012
Sloppy! Sloppy!! Sloppy!!! is the only way i can describe the Celtics. angry angry abeg make i go sleep joor
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
occam:

Well Cuban got too clever by half and disbanded a championship team for financial flexibility. He should have given that 2010 team a chance to defend. He is getting got what he deserves
He was probably hoping to land one of or both Dwight and Deron Williams and it didn't work out
That team was probably not going to retain the title anyway but he could have at least given it a shot! The whole lockout thing actually favored an older team like the Mavs that would have played almost 20 fewer games looking at how close we ran OKC in all the games you had to think that Championship team would have done better

occam:
Of all the guys that won only Dirk, Marion and Beabois remain on the team. This team is not even in rebuilding mode but a collection of over the hill players (Brand, Kaman)and some spare parts.
The front-office should be ashamed of their recruitment drive. Kaman has had flashes,Collison too but only Mayo has been a decent acquisition even worse guys like Beaubois have stalled which makes letting Barea go look like a bad move

occam:
The only guy I feel for is Dirk. He doesn't deserve this. I Say he demands a trade NOW to a contender and let Cuban wallow in this rot
Dirk is too loyal! Any other player would have left long long time ago!! And I'm so happy he was rewarded with a ring Melo,Bron,Boozer,Dwight,KG,Allen et al all left when the going got tough and didn't look like they where going to win rings where they where but you never heard such talk with Dirk
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
occam: Can't believe the Clippers are on a tear. 16 straight wins. wow! That Donald Sterling the stingiest and perhaps the worst owner in the NBA is getting some success is truly amazing.

Seriously this team is loaded. With Odom, Billups & Jamal Crawford coming off the bench, they should make some noise in the playoffs. Till then let's wait and see if this team stands the test of time. Hopefully, they can finally get out from under the shadow of big brother (Lakers)

..Yeah But Odom is done bro.....

He is absolutely shot as a ball player, and will be exposed come playoff time.

J. Crawford always had the talent to score with anybody.

Still remember his classic duel with Kobe at the Garden.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
Still think the Clips would struggle against San Antone and Durantula
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Chris paul would become a free agent by the end of the season, i don't think the Clippers play good enough to win the west, they play show time basketball and i doubt if that can take them far in the playoff's.

Their speed in transition is their biggest weapon, but come post season, teams would slow them down, i am not a believer in D. Jordan and Blake, take the dunks away, what else can they give? Blake just developed his jump shot which i think is very slow and would be mauled in the post season, defensively what can Jordan provide? save for blocks! he gets into too much foul trouble.

When i look at teams in the NBA and their post seaon prospects, the first thing i ask is: if ur primary strength is taken away from u, do u have a potent plan B? that's why teams like the Clippers, Knicks don't excite me when it comes to post season, teams like San Antonio, Memphis, Chicago, Boston, Miami, OKC and Lakers( if they can get their act right) would always be ahead, when it comes to the post season, they all have potent plan b's..
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
A-40:
Still think the Clips would struggle against San Antone and Durantula

oh yeah! so far they're 2- 0 against the Spurs and only lost in OT to Thunders early in the season.

This team is playing really well. But cos it's the Clippers people are expecting the other shoe to drop and something terrible will happen. Mother luck has never been kind to them. Maybe, just maybe this is the year of the Clips.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
occam:

oh yeah! so far they're 2- 0 against the Spurs and only lost in OT to Thunders early in the season.

This team is playing really well. But cos it's the Clippers people are expecting the other shoe to drop and something terrible will happen. Mother luck has never been kind to them. Maybe, just maybe this is the year of the Clips.
Maybe they have learned from last season. This season they have way more offensive balance! Jamal Crawford off the bench has been huge! I think he has the best crossover in the game. They where a bit naïve and wet behind the ears last season
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
The Nba is wide open this year....D-Wade isn't D-Wade right now......

And the Thunder only have 2 scorers(With WB being extremely Erratic)....

The Chip, is wide open for the Taking.

The Lakers as Horrible as we are, still have a chance in this wide open west.

Personally my Pick is the Thunder and Knicks in the Nba Finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: The Nba is wide open this year....D-Wade isn't D-Wade right now......

And the Thunder only have 2 scorers(With WB being extremely Erratic)....

The Chip, is wide open for the Taking.

The Lakers as Horrible as we are, still have a chance in this wide open west.

Personally my Pick is the Thunder and Knicks in the Nba Finals.
Don't sleep on Ibaka tho. Dude has improved massively!!
Heat are still favorites in the East tho! Its not like the West where there are 3-4 contending teams. The Knicks are the only team that can pose a threat pending on how they sort the Amare conundrum
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year and big ups to every one that has kept this thread alive.....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yessir! Happy New Year fellas

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:21am On Jan 02, 2013
happy new year to everyone! I hope the Lakers turn their season around.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
Well its only right the Lakers start the year with an L grin grin
These guys need to pick it up at some point

Ohh well at least the Mavs snapped their losing streak the Clippers streak is also done
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2013
lol@ Kobe calling Lakers slow and old!!! am dead tired of this loosing streak, when are we playing the Bobcats grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
Lol but he is kinda right!! A lot of people have not being playing to their billing! Gasol and Dwight just don't seem to fit into the system on both ends of the floor

Can't believe we dragged the Heat that close could easily have won that game
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
40...You still don't believe my niqqah Kobe is Juicing?

Average 30ppg on one of his highest shooting percentages in Years on Less Shots....

In his 17th season in the Nba...coming off An Olympic Summer Tour, in which his old body received no rest?

LmL Modern Medicine is a Beautiful Thing.

The Guys Clearly Juicing to the Moon, Probably on some substance that won't even be recognized or detected till 2016

The Clear and The Cream were used for years prior to the Balco Scandel and Knowledge of it.

Kobe's body is doing things he has not done in 5 years.

His Elevation, His First Step. Everything is Different.

I respect his hunger and Desire to win a 6th ring

If put in the same position I would do the Same. grin

#Pro-Ped'sInSports

#LegalizeEverything
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Can the Lakers Clip the Clippers tonight, i wish they can, but i doubt..looking forward to the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:33am On Jan 05, 2013
Awesome rebounding night from the Celtics, good display from Sulinger defensively, but he still fouled out for the umpteenth time, a satisfactory display to end the loosing streak...just ordered for veggies pizza, hoping the Bulls complete the stifle grip on the Heat before the game of the day begins..u know what am talking about.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21am On Jan 05, 2013
Hahaha Superman ma a$$! Dwight Howard is being pissed on at the moment. Lol maybe Royal was right after all
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Gasol is Blake Griffin's biatch I swear
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:18am On Jan 05, 2013
Are u kidding me? Kobe chewing his Jersey and making shots now!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
Lol Gasol is a wasteman! Dwight might be limited offensively but at least you get effort. Gasol playing buttersoft right now

CP3 was really clutch last night! For the Clips you have to wonder who else they can go to in half court offense apart from CP3
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Man and to think I had the Lakers as favorites! Da phock was I thinking?

This team sucks!! They lack chemistry and Mike Brown would probably be laughing to the bank and at the Lakers at the same damn time
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
A-40:
Man and to think I had the Lakers as favorites! Da phock was I thinking?

This team sucks!! They lack chemistry and Mike Brown would probably be laughing to the bank and at the Lakers at the same damn time

Don't get too hard on yourself. Most experts also picked this team to reach the west finals or the finals; well that's not happening. They need to clear their garbage bench and get rid of Metta Peace (still prefer to call him Ron "knucklehead" Attest) who is just clogging up cap space.

This team needs players like Harden, Crawford or JR Smith who can come off the bench to score in bunches plus a hard nosed defender like Tony Allen. So a trade may still help turn things around. I think Rudy Gay might be a good fit but can't see the Grizs trading him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.