Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631605 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
occam:

Trade deadline is around the corner. Brandon Bass? Jet? any takers. Maybe the guys have tuned off Doc. A coaching change perhaps? you just never know with Danny Ainge

Honestly, i wish u guys would watch the interview on sports center Espn, Doc was outraged and i thinks that's the best way to address this issue, the Celtics have become annoying, players like Brandon Bass, JET, Lee and jeff green have been very very disappointing.. Barbosa has not been given enough playing time, i feel he's more aggresive going to the bucket than Lee has been, am happy he has threatened to trade some of them if performances don't improve, even though he did not mention names, its obvious the players i listed are just not performing.

I have not missed any of our games on TV this season and i plan to watch them when they come into town if their performance improves, else am not wasting my hard earned money

JET can give excuses about being new, but i felt we are gaining from his experience, his shots selection has been very poor.

I miss the defense of players like Tony Allen, Perkins, the heart and commitment of players like Big Baby...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
I also think giving Jeff Green that deal coming off a heart issue was not the smartest thing to do. Not scoring enuff not rebounding enuff flat out doing nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Roland17:

Honestly, i wish u guys would watch the interview on sports center Espn, Doc was outraged and i thinks that's the best way to address this issue, the Celtics have become annoying, players like Brandon Bass, JET, Lee and jeff green have been very very disappointing.. Barbosa has not been given enough playing time, i feel he's more aggresive going to the bucket than Lee has been, am happy he has threatened to trade some of them if performances don't improve, even though he did not mention names, its obvious the players i listed are just not performing.

I have not missed any of our games on TV this season and i plan to watch them when they come into town if their performance improves, else am not wasting my hard earned money

JET can give excuses about being new, but i felt we are gaining from his experience, his shots selection has been very poor.

I miss the defense of players like Tony Allen, Perkins, the heart and commitment of players like Big Baby...
Sorry to barge in the door like this oh (blame A-40 smiley)

....but Brandon Bass has been disappointing? the guy is a reliable work-horse that gives you the same effort night in night out. He is the kind of role player you need on any team hoping to make a playoff run. I hope Ainge doesn't see him as a trading chip...the others yeah I agree have not done much, but I'm holding out hope for Jeff Green, much like Avery Bradley struggled during his up & coming. Besides, his contract might make trading him difficult.
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Roland17:

I saw that interview too and still think Doc should be the coach. But sometimes your GM (Danny Ainge)makes some head scratching moves. He may decide a new voice at the top is needed and fire Doc. He constructed the big 3 (a genius move) and within 3 years ships away one of the most fearsome centers ([Perk) for a so so wing player. That move destroyed the C's identity and they've never been the same.

Right now, this team can't beat the Heat in 7 games and the road to the final runs through Miami.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
JeSoul: Sorry to barge in the door like this oh (blame A-40 smiley)

....but Brandon Bass has been disappointing? the guy is a reliable work-horse that gives you the same effort night in night out. He is the kind of role player you need on any team hoping to make a playoff run. I hope Ainge doesn't see him as a trading chip...the others yeah I agree have not done much, but I'm holding out hope for Jeff Green, much like Avery Bradley struggled during his up & coming. Besides, his contract might make trading him difficult.

You don't have to be sorry..lol its a free world..Infact i wish u would visit this thread more often.

Brandon Bass of this season has been very disappointing, your description of BB is 100% correct but the real story is this, this description has not been seen this season.

Last night in Detroit he was 0 of 3 with 2 rebounds in 10 mins of play

In the painful overtime loss to Chicago, he had 10 points with 2 rebounds in 27 mins of play..

In the Humiliating loss to the Hornets, he had 9 points with with 7 rebounds in 33 mins of play.

I am not using him as a scapegoat, but BB has not brought his A game this season.. Annoying is the only word that can describe the Celtics this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:54am On Jan 22, 2013
Which kain 419 A. Bynum wan play 76ers sef? does he seriously believes he deserves a 100 million dollar contract from the 76ers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Roland17: Which kain 419 A. Bynum wan play 76ers sef? does he seriously believes he deserves a 100 million dollar contract from the 76ers.
I think Bynum is a talented dude. When healthy he is arguably one of the best centers offensively in the league but paying Bynum even 15mil a year is madness. The Knicks are still suffering the same with Amare

The Lakers! Is it too soon to crown them the biggest busts in NBA history
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Roland17:

You don't have to be sorry..lol its a free world..Infact i wish u would visit this thread more often.
Ah, you're too kind sir smiley.

Brandon Bass of this season has been very disappointing, your description of BB is 100% correct but the real story is this, this description has not been seen this season.

Last night in Detroit he was 0 of 3 with 2 rebounds in 10 mins of play

In the painful overtime loss to Chicago, he had 10 points with 2 rebounds in 27 mins of play..

In the Humiliating loss to the Hornets, he had 9 points with with 7 rebounds in 33 mins of play.

I am not using him as a scapegoat, but BB has not brought his A game this season.. Annoying is the only word that can describe the Celtics this season.

Can't argue with the stats at all.

I don't have the numbers, but I'm sure the down-trend is probably true for other Celtic players...whose numbers on the team are 'better' this season than the last?

Annoying is the perfect word for them, and honestly I've come to expect this from the celtics of the last 3 seasons...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
JeSoul: ..whose numbers on the team are 'better' this season than the last?

Annoying is the perfect word for them, and honestly I've come to expect this from the celtics of the last 3 seasons...
Paul Pierce
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
@A40

Bro, did u watch the Lakers last night? and guess what? the Mavs are balling
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Jesoul

I am glad you made it back cheesy and abeg ooo i no be sir..lol, the last time i checked, u are the madam on this forum.

We usually hit the peak of our performance before the playoff's, but we have been condemned to the opposite this season..what can we do? nothing i guess. as much as it hurts, i still love my Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Roland17: @Jesoul

I am glad you made it back cheesy and abeg ooo i no be sir..lol, the last time i checked, u are the madam on this forum.

We usually hit the peak of our performance before the playoff's, but we have been condemned to the opposite this season..what can we do? nothing i guess. as much as it hurts, i still love my Celtics
Madam? abeg I be small girl oh...cheesy

Right on the money about the Celtics waiting for the playoffs to flip the switch...there's still plenty of time and there's always hope cos we're in the east. What is it? maybe only 6-7 games behind first place? There's always a shot. Miami is not looking too swag this year - championship let down I hope.

Roland17: @A40

Hehe...its a beautiful thing ain't it?
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
A-40:

Paul Pierce
Much as I love him, his play is inconsistent from game to game.
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
It's started.. The annual chess game of adding pieces, offloading bad contracts and acquiring draft picks.

Griz trade players with Cleveland
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8868058/memphis-grizzlies-cleveland-cavaliers-agree-multiplayer-trade-sources-say

The Griz are expected to do something big before the trade deadline.(Feb 15) They play out of their skin, solid defense and are tough to beat. But I think they've reached a ceiling. Getting bounced in the 2nd round every year is no fun. This year will not be an exception. In the ultra competitive West getting past Thunder, Spurs or Clips will be very tough.

Will they move Z-Bo, Gasol or Gay for top draft picks? This will be a move for the future. Of the three, Gay is the most wanted by other teams. He’s an athletic wing player, good scorer and still at his peak. I really love this team and it will be a shame to break them up.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Its obvious Gay is going to be traded for first round picks, rumors claim he's also loggerheads with Z-BO, but personally, i feel the current team has prospects in the west during the playoff's this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Roland17: Its obvious Gay is going to be traded for first round picks, rumors claim he's also loggerheads with Z-BO, but personally, i feel the current team has prospects in the west during the playoff's this season.
Agree. But I'm sure they know that they're not 'championship' ready yet. They've been 'good' for the past few years, ready to take it to the next level I hope. I'm still sour from losing Tony Allen years ago...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
JeSoul: Agree. But I'm sure they know that they're not 'championship' ready yet. They've been 'good' for the past few years, ready to take it to the next level I hope. I'm still sour from losing Tony Allen years ago...

I watched Memphis yesterday and i was left wishing lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Tony Allen is a premier defender, Memphis must take that next step if they are to be taken serious in the near future, first round is no longer acceptable for a team like the Grizz.

I think the deal is done for the Kings to move to Seattle, the city of Seattle deserves a team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Roland17: @A40

Saw the highlights! It was cringe-worthy. Those guys need to talk to D'Antoni and have him change their style of play! Like Kobe said "its not working"

Too many duds in that Mavs team to hope for anything.

The Grizzlies would have trouble replacing Gay's offense! Gasol has not been quite as dominant this season! Unless they could make a straight swap with the Jazz for Millsap
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:14am On Jan 23, 2013
Hehehe Kobe getting his Alicia Keys Beethoven on

Should the Lakers trade Dwight?

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:19am On Jan 23, 2013
Just like i wished, the Grizzlies maintain the nucleus of the team for one more post season run, but trade Speights, Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby and a future first-round draft pick to the Cavaliers for Jon Leuer.

Good deal if u ask me, but their bench would become decimated.

Wishing Varejao a safe and healthy recovery from the blood cloth in his lungs..
Re: The NBA Begins by teetwo: 9:27am On Jan 23, 2013
But thunder are really firing tho
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:19am On Jan 24, 2013
LMAO @ Steph Curry side stepping and schooling Westbrook, that kid is stud just like his dad, i just hope his ankle stays healthy for the rest of the season..

M. Beasley (Suns), D. Cousins (Kings) and T. Robinson (Kings) all share similarities, indisputable talent and youth, but they are knuckle heads, their behaviour off and on the court would limit how much they can achieve in the NBA..

I watched them tonight and wept for their talent.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
Quick question: Who is laughing harder at the moment? Phil Jackson or Mike Brown
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
A-40:
Quick question: Who is laughing harder at the moment? Phil Jackson or Mike Brown

LMAO grin grin grin, I am laughing harder dude...
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
A-40:
Lol...it has got to be Mike Brown. He's still getting paid and is sitting on a beach somewhere, laughing at this mess cheesy.
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
A-40:

Both.

Everyone is now on the "Fire D'Antonie" bandwagon. They can bring in another coach, but they won't beat Spurs, OKC or Clippers in 7 games.

Coaching may be an issue, but it goes deeper. In the off season, two nagging issue were never addressed: lack of quickness and very thin bench. When OKC dumped the Lakers last year, Magic kept saying they needed younger & quicker players. The signing of Nash & Howard made people forget these problems and just kept thinking Lakers vs. Heat finals.

Lebron vs. Kobe! I'm disappointed we may never see that match up ever.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
occam:

Even if we did see a match up, it would be lopsided, Kobe is 34 while LBJ is 28, the match up would have made sense when Kobe was 24-29, when Kobe was a younger mamba.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
^I think one of the Lakers greatest problem is the under-rated chemistry. Its evident in the lack of passion with which they play. They don't lack talent. With Kobe constantly throwing his teammates under the bus its a small wonder and Howard alluded to this some weeks back.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
occam:

Both.

Everyone is now on the "Fire D'Antonie" bandwagon. They can bring in another coach, but they won't beat Spurs, OKC or Clippers in 7 games.
Lol the Lakers missing the playoffs would be a monumental disgrace! It would also prove that D'
Antoni's misadventure with the Knicks wasn't just happenstance

occam:
Coaching may be an issue, but it goes deeper. In the off season, two nagging issue were never addressed: lack of quickness and very thin bench. When OKC dumped the Lakers last year, Magic kept saying they needed younger & quicker players. The signing of Nash & Howard made people forget these problems and just kept thinking Lakers vs. Heat finals.

For me the biggest issue is coaching! You could also argue that the GM Monsieur Kupchak probably didn't do his due diligence on Nash and Dwight and hiring D'Antoni kinda cements that didn't look that way initially but hey failure is an orphan
I look at most Laker losses and even their wins! The rotations,set screens,floor spacing on both ends of the floor comedy of errors defensively and offensively it screams poor coaching they remind me of the Jets in the NFL

Lebron vs Kobe would probably not happen unless Durant suffers a season ending injury

JeSoul: Lol...it has got to be Mike Brown. He's still getting paid and is sitting on a beach somewhere, laughing at this mess cheesy.
True! I think Phil Jackson's stance would be more of pity!
Remember his wife to be is also involved here

Roland17:

LMAO grin grin grin, I am laughing harder dude...
Una wicked oh! You where right on D'Antoni sha. I had issues with his hiring after what he did with the Knicks but I felt coming to a team that had tasted Championship shine the adjustment would be easier
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2013
JeSoul: ^I think one of the Lakers greatest problem is the under-rated chemistry. Its evident in the lack of passion with which they play. They don't lack talent. With Kobe constantly throwing his teammates under the bus its a small wonder and Howard alluded to this some weeks back.
Dwight himself is fast garnering reputation as a big complainer. We've always known Kobe as ornery and cantankerous but even he has mellowed down this season!
They do lack chemistry but most of the other guys are simply not pulling their weight! Its also similar to the Celts where guys like KG,Pierce are busting their a$$es and the new jacks are doing next to nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
A-40:

Lol the Lakers missing the playoffs would be a monumental disgrace! It would also prove that D'
Antoni's misadventure with the Knicks wasn't just happenstance

For me the biggest issue is coaching! You could also argue that the GM Monsieur Kupchak probably didn't do his due diligence on Nash and Dwight and hiring D'Antoni kinda cements that didn't look that way initially but hey failure is an orphan
I look at most Laker losses and even their wins! The rotations,set screens,floor spacing on both ends of the floor comedy of errors defensively and offensively it screams poor coaching they remind me of the Jets in the NFL

The Lakers want to replicate the 7 seconds or less Phoenix offence, without the right players. Nash and Howard running the pick and roll can only work when you have great shooters at the wing. I don't see any on this team. Remember, the Suns reached conference finals twice in 2005 & 2006. Men that Phoenix team was fun to watch.

Lack of flexibility is D'Antonie's weakness; people say he's stubborn. But if you have a winning system it's hard to change. Just like Jackson may not coach anything but the triangle offence.

Relying on an ageing Nash, injured Howard and thin bench to deliver is simply day dreaming. Only Kobe is playing at a consistent level. Metta Peace is on and off.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
occam:

The Lakers want to replicate the 7 seconds or less Phoenix offence, without the right players. Nash and Howard running the pick and roll can only work when you have great shooters at the wing. I don't see any on this team. Remember, the Suns reached conference finals twice in 2005 & 2006. Men that Phoenix team was fun to watch.
That's the problem that system worked for just two seasons and he didn't even get to the NBA Finals with them. He's a poor man's Don Nelson IMO

occam:
Lack of flexibility is D'Antonie's weakness; people say he's stubborn. But if you have a winning system it's hard to change. Just like Jackson may not coach anything but the triangle offence.
Relying on an ageing Nash, injured Howard and thin bench to deliver is simply day dreaming. Only Kobe is playing at a consistent level. Metta Peace is on and off.

Hehe can we honestly say his system is a winning one when he didn't achieve any form of sustainable success with it? He was never going to win anything with that style of play and same thing that happened with the Knicks is what we are seeing here

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.