Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635281 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:17am On Jan 08, 2013
occam:

Don't get too hard on yourself. Most experts also picked this team to reach the west finals or the finals; well that's not happening. They need to clear their garbage bench and get rid of Metta Peace (still prefer to call him Ron "knucklehead" Attest) who is just clogging up cap space.

This team needs players like Harden, Crawford or JR Smith who can come off the bench to score in bunches plus a hard nosed defender like Tony Allen. So a trade may still help turn things around. I think Rudy Gay might be a good fit but can't see the Grizs trading him.
Since Jim Buss took over its been calamity after calamity. I'm sure Laker fans must be cursing Commissioner Stern for blocking that CP3 trade

You want to knock the Lakers for trading Ariza for Artest but Ariza has since regressed so in hindsight you can argue it was not such a bad move.

I'm not sure they can get Gay cos they simply have no chips to trade with plus Gay is a key player to that Grizz team. Not the toughest player ever but you can't fault his production. The Gasol-Z-Bo-Gay frontcourt is arguably one of the best in the league don't see them breaking it up
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:55am On Jan 08, 2013
A-40:

Since Jim Buss took over its been calamity after calamity. I'm sure Laker fans must be cursing Commissioner Stern for blocking that CP3 trade

You want to knock the Lakers for trading Ariza for Artest but Ariza has since regressed so in hindsight you can argue it was not such a bad move.

Even if CP3 was traded to the Lakers i doubt if the situation would have been different with Mike as coach and jim buss running affairs, mike's system is the issue here, the defense is way way too erratic, just last week Amare claimed no coach has ever taught him how to play defense and you wonder cos his prime was with coach mike, coach mike does not mind winning a game by 110-109, but coaches like rivers, tom of Chicago and coach pop would worry.

The money spent to pay off brown and hire mike would have gotten coach phil, a coach with discipline, handles the egos of players better than most, mike can't control kobe or metta, not even Howard who is renowned for being over bearing sometimes.

As for Gay i doubt if he would be a good fit for the Lakers, Kobe wants the ball always, so does Gay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:38am On Jan 08, 2013
Dishing and Swishing

Posting and Toasting

Peculating

Moving and Grovin

Styling and profiling grin grin ooo my God i can't get enough of Clyde Frazier
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:17am On Jan 08, 2013
The Knicks would always be our baby, what a game!!!!!lol @ melo, dude is always frustrated and chippy when the three's fail him...Awesome coaching Doc
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2013
The truth brought us home nicely
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:26am On Jan 08, 2013
jay bee: The truth brought us home nicely
The best game i have watched us play this season
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 6:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Roland17:
The best game i have watched us play this season
We played hard through the 4 qtrs not just in bunches
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Roland17:

Even if CP3 was traded to the Lakers i doubt if the situation would have been different with Mike as coach and jim buss running affairs, mike's system is the issue here, the defense is way way too erratic, just last week Amare claimed no coach has ever taught him how to play defense and you wonder cos his prime was with coach mike, coach mike does not mind winning a game by 110-109, but coaches like rivers, tom of Chicago and coach pop would worry.
Haha CP3 woulda made a ton of difference oh! In Kobe and CP3 you have the best defensive backcourt in the game. At least 4 steals per game between both of them. More transition points! If not for CP3 you think DeAndre Jordan woulda had a career now imagine CP3 and Dwight
Amare on the other hand needs to STFU. Yes a coach can teach you defense but you need to have a defensive mindset which Amare inspite of his size and athleticism just doesn't have it. Lacks the mechanics and fundamentals to be a good defender and that's why teams tend to do well in his absence. Remember the 06 Suns and even these Knicks to an extent

No Dwight no Gasol things just got a little interesting

What is Rondo's problem by the way? Doc needs to talk to that kid
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
A-40:

What is Rondo's problem by the way? Doc needs to talk to that kid

He was suspended for one game for bumping a referee after a call during the Indiana game.

When rumours of a trade for Rondo was rife last season, Doc laughed them off saying, teams think its very easy to coach a player like Rondo cos he's talented, Rondo is a very stubborn player and i doubt if he can play under any other coach currently in the league except coach pop.

Infact one of the reasons K.G is still playing is cos of Rondo, he spends a lot of time mentoring rondo, on and off the court, Rondo's leadership has improved, he is more vocal now, especially on the court and if u notice he would be the first player fighting for K.G, he's temperament is an issue, but then i trust Doc, he's helping the kid, that's why i wish Cousins could be traded from the Kings to the Celtics, that kid is too talented to go to waste.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
Roland17:

He was suspended for one game for bumping a referee after a call during the Indiana game.

When rumours of a trade for Rondo was rife last season, Doc laughed them off saying, teams think its very easy to coach a player like Rondo cos he's talented, Rondo is a very stubborn player and i doubt if he can play under any other coach currently in the league except coach pop.

Infact one of the reasons K.G is still playing is cos of Rondo, he spends a lot of time mentoring rondo, on and off the court, Rondo's leadership has improved, he is more vocal now, especially on the court and if u notice he would be the first player fighting for K.G, he's temperament is an issue, but then i trust Doc, he's helping the kid, that's why i wish Cousins could be traded from the Kings to the Celtics, that kid is too talented to go to waste.
I think this is the 2nd time he is mixing it up with officials that's pretty messed up

As for Cousins he's a boy in a man's body what he needs is guidance and reminders from guys like Arenas,Artest,Stephen Jackson e.t.c that his antics would not pay off in the long run
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 09, 2013
LoL@My Man Melo Finally Stood up To Kg.

Yo...Kg has been bullying and taking cheap shots at melo since melo's cornrow dayz with the nuggets

Kg has punked Melo for Ages, since he was a rookie in the league.. I am Surprised Melo finally got heart and stood up for himself

This wasn't a one game, one time thing...This has been going on for Years.

My thing is, Why did Melo have to wait till the Guy Became and Old Man to Finally Get mouth and PopShit Back.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2013
Another loss tonight against the Rockets leaves the Lakers 15 and 19, under 500, placed 11th in the Western Conference and on a 4 game loosing streak, i am all but sure the Lakers are not making the post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2013
Unless they make a trade before the All-star break and fire D'Antoni they probably won't make the playoffs they face San Antone tonight OKC on Friday they could easily be 6 games below .500 but their case aint as bad as the Mavs. I'm really impressed with the Rockets and how Harden is firing that offense
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
We are Trash .....smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: LoL@My Man Melo Finally Stood up To Kg.

Yo...Kg has been bullying and taking cheap shots at melo since melo's cornrow dayz with the nuggets

Kg has punked Melo for Ages, since he was a rookie in the league.. I am Surprised Melo finally got heart and stood up for himself

This wasn't a one game, one time thing...This has been going on for Years.

My thing is, Why did Melo have to wait till the Guy Became and Old Man to Finally Get mouth and PopShit Back.
Lol maybe its cos they are both stars and Melo grew up watching KG cos I know Melo contrary to what his name implies isn't exactly Mahatma Gandhi I remember him socking some dude back in the day

Ahh I see why Melo was so mad! Looks like he and La-La are about exiting the marriage freeway and perhaps KG said a lil sumn sumn about that
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
^---Word?

Oh Shitt...

Time to Search The Web.

I heard he said something about his wife...but i didn't know it was about a future divorce...Damnnnn
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: ^---Word?

Oh Shitt...

Time to Search The Web.

I heard he said something about his wife...but i didn't know it was about a future divorce...Damnnnn
I think they separated already sef. Just keeping up appearances. Marriage is fast becoming a joke these days lol just get a baby momma or two

D'Antoni should be ashamed of himself tho! Look at the Pacers and Bulls and see how good they are playing without Granger and Rose. No wonder Magic seems so mad
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
La La tastes like honey nut cheerios! ooooo

Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: ^---Word?

Oh Shitt...

Time to Search The Web.

That Lala tastes like honey nut cheerios. Seriously how do you taste a wife? grin Is KG now tasting wives instead of playing defense? No wonder the C's are sub 500 team

And why would you any guy marry a girl called Lala? This is too confusing for me; better stick to basketabll
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Lala Been Passed all around the NBA...dumb azz niqqah should have never married a Hoee LmL grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
She been passed all Around America not just the NBA...rappers...ball players...Retired Pugilist....Janitors..Architects...Wall Street.....

Even Sway from Mtv News done smashed shortii Lmao grin

Carmelo was a fool to wife that, Now shortii gon ring off half the kid's dough LoL
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Roland17: La La tastes like honey nut cheerios! ooooo

Hahahaha I no fit laugh

الملكي فوق الله: Lala Been Passed all around the NBA...dumb azz niqqah should have never married a Hoee LmL grin
Pray you never get whipped man! You think Melo cares who had been there b4 surely he musta known
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ill Never be Whipped cool

Definitely not with 100 mill in the bank and risk giving it to some chiq who is all about her fame and money

These Athletes stay getting played by these women.

All for a Piece of Puss. lol
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
A-40:
Unless they make a trade before the All-star break and fire D'Antoni they probably won't make the playoffs they face San Antone tonight OKC on Friday they could easily be 6 games below .500 but their case aint as bad as the Mavs. I'm really impressed with the Rockets and how Harden is firing that offense

$82 million per year on their starting 5 alone. Yes they need to trade but who wants to do a trade with the Lakers? I don't see any players on the bench that any team wants either. Is Peace (Attest) even worth $7.5 million a year? I think he's the best trade option. This team now reminds me of the Knicks during Isiah Thomas days: Huge contracts, untradeable players and constant losing.

This is a roster issue not a coaching problem. Can't believe Lakers are in danger of not making the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
occam:
This is a roster issue not a coaching problem. Can't believe Lakers are in danger of not making the playoffs

The bolded is where i completely disagree with u.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
occam:

$82 million per year on their starting 5 alone. Yes they need to trade but who wants to do a trade with the Lakers? I don't see any players on the bench that any team wants either. Is Peace (Attest) even worth $7.5 million a year? I think he's the best trade option. This team now reminds me of the Knicks during Isiah Thomas days: Huge contracts, untradeable players and constant losing.

Naah there are a lot of teams with more average players and weaker rosters that are doing much better. That team is badly coached! You have a coach that's not playing to his player's strengths
You can't place a finger on what he has improved since joining LA

الملكي فوق الله: Ill Never be Whipped cool

Definitely not with 100 mill in the bank and risk giving it to some chiq who is all about her fame and money

These Athletes stay getting played by these women.

All for a Piece of Puss. lol
Lol some guys don't give a phuck tho you know? Lotta captain save these hoes out there! No be T.I rap say 'What the phock's a prenup u aint gotta sign that even if you take half imma make it right back" I think when a guy is worth that much he probably wouldn't care
The thing for me is why marry when yall would wind up divorced anyway? Just make her a baby momma and keep it moving
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
Roland17:

The bolded is where i completely disagree with u.

So you think Phil Jackson can salvage the situation?

No doubt the starters are very talented but simply not meshing; Gasol and Howard aren't playing well together. Also they don't have an athletic wing player and the bench is very weak.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
occam:

So you think Phil Jackson can salvage the situation?

No doubt the starters are very talented but simply not meshing; Gasol and Howard aren't playing well together. Also they don't have an athletic wing player and the bench is very weak.
Lol Phil Jackson would not be 4 games below .500 I can tell you that. Plus he worked with Gasol and an oft injured Bynum which is no different from playing with Howard. Jackson is a smart dude if the Lakers where a lost case he would not throw his hat into the ring
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
A-40:

Naah there are a lot of teams with more average players and weaker rosters that are doing much better. That team is badly coached! You have a coach that's not playing to his player's strengths
You can't place a finger on what he has improved since joining LA

Compared to Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies even Golden state the Lakers roster is considerably weak. Aside from starters (Kobe, Nash, Howard, Gasol & Peace) talent wise this team is below average for the competitive west. Initially we all got carried away that with the starting unit but people did not pay attention to the bench
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
A-40:

Lol Phil Jackson would not be 4 games below .500 I can tell you that. Plus he worked with Gasol and an oft injured Bynum which is no different from playing with Howard. Jackson is a smart dude if the Lakers where a lost case he would not throw his hat into the ring

Jackson is a very cunning fox. If he wanted to comeback he would. IMHO, I'm not sure he was 100% committed about coaching this roster. We'll never know why the Lakers decided to go for D'Antoine instead of Jackson
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
occam:

Compared to Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies even Golden state the Lakers roster is considerably weak. Aside from starters (Kobe, Nash, Howard, Gasol & Peace) talent wise this team is below average for the competitive west. Initially we all got carried away that with the starting unit but people did not pay attention to the bench
Naaah what the Lakers lack is chemistry and coaching look at the starters man for man

Thunder: Westbrook,Sefolosha,Durant,Ibaka,Perkins
Clippers: Paul,Green,Butler,Griffin,Jordan
Grizzlies: Conley,Allen,Gay,Z-Bo,Gasol
Lakers: Nash,Kobe,Artest,Gasol,Howard
Spurs: Parker,Green,Ginobili,Leonard,Duncan

The Lakers are not that far behind and should not be as bad as they are looking now. Aside the Clippers I don't think any other team has a standout bench
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
occam:

Jackson is a very cunning fox. If he wanted to comeback he would. IMHO, I'm not sure he was 100% committed about coaching this roster. We'll never know why the Lakers decided to go for D'Antoine instead of Jackson

That's my point! He was interested in the job! Very interested! Which means the team could not have been that bad else he would have turned it down immediately.
Its easy to see why the Lakers settled for D'Antoni
1. Lower salary
2. Smaller and more manageable personality (Jackson wanted absolute control)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.