Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623644 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
The City of Seattle deserves a team, am glad the Kings are moving there next season... memories of Gary Payton still lingers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
Roland17: The City of Seattle deserves a team, am glad the Kings are moving there next season... memories of Gary Payton still lingers.
Its only right cos the state of California has like 100 teams lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:18am On Jan 10, 2013
Without D.Rose u have got to love what the Bulls are doing.. a very disciplined team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:27am On Jan 10, 2013
Lakers giving San Antone all they can handle without Dwight and Pau!

World Piss shoulda passed to Kobe on that fast break

Earl Clark tho
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:42am On Jan 11, 2013
i have watched the Knicks and to tell u the truth, apart from the three's nothing excites me, maybe thats just me, but am looking forward to the post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:42am On Jan 11, 2013
A-40:

Earl Clark tho

That kid deserves more playing time
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
Quote of the day:

"This team is built to win. It's a very, very solid team. ... In my mind, we would not consider a temporary fix or blow it up. Why blow it up something we have a future with?"
-- Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss

still 5 games below .500, neaarly the halfway mark and this is a solid team? This tells me he's started making trade calls to other GMs
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
I read that statement and i think its contradictory, if the team wants to win now, why talk about a future with this same team.. i doubt if the Lakers would make the playoff's, the coach is a very very terrible fit for this team and also team chemistry and trust is abysmal.. in the long run, Howard's long term decision would mean so much.

What the heck is happening to D. Wade, dude is gradually phasing out of the game.

My question is: did LBJ's trade to the heat's do Wade more good than harm?
Re: The NBA Begins by teetwo: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2013
up celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
5 game winning streak, what an impact Bradley is making defensively with the Celtics also Sulinger was a beast last night.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
The Lakers have to win at least 32 of their last 46 games to have any hopes of making even 8th seed in the West. Do you really see that happening?? We are talking of one of the biggest busts in history! Haha and they say the 04 Laker team was a bust! At least those ones made the Finals
Hill is now out for the season. Dwight out indefinitely and Pau doesn't look to be back anytime soon.
The only good news perhaps is that Kobe doesn't have to part with half grin grin

Didn't get the rationale behind Melo's suspension tho! If I dissed a ref's wife wouldn't I be suspended? How did they expect Melo to react??

Looks like the Nets where right to fire Avery Johnson afterall! Results are improving
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
A-40:

Didn't get the rationale behind Melo's suspension tho! If I dissed a ref's wife wouldn't I be suspended? How did they expect Melo to react??

Looks like the Nets where right to fire Avery Johnson afterall! Results are improving

Ref's allow trash talking in the game, no player is suspended for trash talking, but Melo took it too far by waiting for K.G outside, his motive could not be established even though he claimed he wanted to clear the Air with K.G, but a footage with your coach and security trying to stop you from going further to the team bus of the Celtics does not speak too good thus the suspension.

As for the Lakers, after the loss to the Rockets i concluded they were done with the post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Roland17:

Ref's allow trash talking in the game, no player is suspended for trash talking, but Melo took it too far by waiting for K.G outside, his motive could not be established even though he claimed he wanted to clear the Air with K.G, but a footage with your coach and security trying to stop you from going further to the team bus of the Celtics does not speak too good thus the suspension.

As for the Lakers, after the loss to the Rockets i concluded they were done with the post season.
Come on its not like he was strapped or sumn. A fine would have been enough or do you actually think they would get physical

Lakers eyeing Evans! Who would they trade for him tho?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
A-40:

Come on its not like he was strapped or sumn. A fine would have been enough or do you actually think they would get physical

Lakers eyeing Evans! Who would they trade for him tho?

I would be prefer T. Evans to the Duhons, J. Meeks, dude had a great season last year, but he's in the wrong team, with some bunch of Kids.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2013
Its official Dwight is the most overhyped player in NBA sad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Lol the Lakers finally get a W and don't look now but the Mavs have also won 2 in a row
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On Jan 15, 2013
And the winning streak is extended to 6...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:46am On Jan 17, 2013
We took the Hornets for granted and we paid dearly for it, we deserved this loss tonight as much as it hurts, i hope it re awakens the desire and hunger we saw during the 6 game winning streak.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:47am On Jan 17, 2013
Rumors of Greg Oden's rehabilitation being monitored by the Heats for next season..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2013
Queen James finally joins the Elite group of 20000..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks Doc sabotaged that game for his son lol

Don't look now but Los Mavs have won 4 straight!

Why is no one talking about the Bulls tho? If they can get Rose on time that is a potentially dangerous team

KG 16th all-time scoring LeBron youngest to hit 20,000 pts. 5k assists too

Heat vs Lakers tonight! Gasol and Dwight back! This should be quite a battle
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:41am On Jan 18, 2013
Rondo, D. Wade, LBJ, Melo and Garnett for the East

Big ups to K.G and Rondo, too attention is paid to Miami and the Knicks, thus they do not watch both players night in night out also without any doubt K.G is adored by NBA fans..as for Chandler, am not buying it cos the Knicks do not play defense.

Kobe, CP3, KD, Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin

So many questions about the inclusion of Howard, i thought Randolph, Timmy deserves a shot in the starting five, but hey, its all about the fans
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2013
hail to the king
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
Haha Lebron was in beast mode last night! I guess the Lakers are 2-1 now. They have a lot of road games coming up 10 of their next 13! This would more or less determine whether they can sneak in to 8th seed (really don't think they can)

Roland17: Rondo, D. Wade, LBJ, Melo and Garnett for the East

Big ups to K.G and Rondo, too attention is paid to Miami and the Knicks, thus they do not watch both players night in night out also without any doubt K.G is adored by NBA fans..as for Chandler, am not buying it cos the Knicks do not play defense.

Kobe, CP3, KD, Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin

So many questions about the inclusion of Howard, i thought Randolph, Timmy deserves a shot in the starting five, but hey, its all about the fans

All-star starters are more or less determined by public voters. More or less popularity contest because the better player doesn't necessarily get the most votes. I'd like to see how KG and Melo link up Honey nut cheerios and things grin grin
I'm sure the coaches would put in Z-Bo and Timmy in the reserve squad
The West looks stronger once again! Can they make it 3 W's in a row
Re: The NBA Begins by spenca: 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Op celtics win bulls tonite
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
Very tough loss last night, we played very well, but missed vital shots and were out rebounded as usual...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
Doc Rivers sounding very angry with the team, and i am with him 100%, this team lacks will, they don't seem like they want to play....
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
A Belated Birthday to DWade.......Flash in name Flash in style
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Roland17: Doc Rivers sounding very angry with the team, and i am with him 100%, this team lacks will, they don't seem like they want to play....
U dey complain! Wetin make Lakers come do?
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Roland17: Doc Rivers sounding very angry with the team, and i am with him 100%, this team lacks will, they don't seem like they want to play....

Trade deadline is around the corner. Brandon Bass? Jet? any takers. Maybe the guys have tuned off Doc. A coaching change perhaps? you just never know with Danny Ainge
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
A-40:

U dey complain! Wetin make Lakers come do?

Lakers are toast. Kobe was what? 10 for 35. Brutal! That Lakers bench don't scare anybody. keep all the starters (except Metta), and reload the bench for next year
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
occam:

Trade deadline is around the corner. Brandon Bass? Jet? any takers. Maybe the guys have tuned off Doc. A coaching change perhaps? you just never know with Danny Ainge
JET's shooting has been down for sometime now and age has also affected his dribble penetration. I don't know too many players of any real value on the trading block! The Celts just need to play this one out and avoid the Heat in the 1st round. Not sure sacking Doc is the answer

occam:

Lakers are toast. Kobe was what? 10 for 35. Brutal! That Lakers bench don't scare anybody. keep all the starters (except Metta), and reload the bench for next year
The Lakers simply hired the wrong coach from the looks of things! Problem for me goes beyond their bench! They are just one horribly coached team

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.