Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618399 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:51pm On May 29, 2016
kamel4real2015:
curry my foot talk about klay Thompson curry ko time ni.check the stat.

Most of Klay's points came from Curry's assists.

You people should give it a rest.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:53pm On May 29, 2016
lolawilliams:

I noticed most of y'll gsw fans are so happy about they klay 41pts.. Lol thats nothing to meee.. King james scored 45 pts againt celtics in eastern conf finals in 2012 when the celtics were leading 3_2 and was clear from the opening tip in Game 6 that James was in full attack mode with his legacy on the line. He drove to the basket at will and scored or got fouled nearly every time. He also looked as
confident as he’d ever been with his outside shot. If klay 41pts is still making u go gaga, stop that asap.
Patiently waiting for finals..even if u qualify, we hve a healthy team unlike last yr when it took you 6 games to defeat the king alone when the other big 2 were out
No one here's been raving about Klay's 41pts and I recall when LeBron had his 45pts the media and fans didn't allow us rest. Pet Klay enjoy his day abeg. You really have to quit this my LeBron has done this done that. He's a great player everyone knows and have accepted.. Don't try to diminish someone's accomplishment cos another person already did. Klay had a great game don't try to make it sound any lesser than what LeBron did or than how Durant had 39 in the last game. You've got great players, GSW goes great players too. Pray we meet at finals so Cavs can play a tougher team and would be proud they beat the 73-9 team. That'll be an achievement for LeBron too.. But it's just a Joke of the century right?? Like saying we wouldn't come back from 3-1.. And hope both teams are healthy as there won't be any excuse..

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:55pm On May 29, 2016
lolawilliams:

Okc played well till 3rd qt, even if kd was slacking.. More points in the 4th really hlped you

More points in the 4th Qtr didn't help OKC in game 1?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:57pm On May 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Stop the trolling and lies. You want the weaker opponent to win so it'll be an easy pass for your Cavs and they can beat OKC 4-1 in finals and it'll be another so called "achievement" for your LeBron.. You're even making me hate the Cavs and their fans. Just accept it and Stop the lies abeg..
Lmao. So you mean cavs would beat okc 4_1 but the 73_9 team are either gon lose to them or win 4_3 to beat them.. You hype your team and you also underate them at the same time.. Man Im sick sad... We dont give a fu<k bout your hate too, its never oir style to give a fu<k grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:58pm On May 29, 2016
Eruditor:

Curry had 31 points. He had 2 big steals again in the final mins. A dagger 3 to equal the game at 99-99. A clutch Lay-up. Curry won the game for GSW even though Klay kept them in the game.
The last point was counted for Draymond. I think there's been a Mistake somewhere. OKC don't play as a team. Westbrook and KD like the hero ball too much that's why I'm sure they can't beat the Cavs cos Cavs too has embraced the Brotherhood basketball and now play as a team as compared to last season and play slightly better. The last game must be won.. And did you see Barnes and Iguodala come to light?? Barnes Instagram was flooded yesterday. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:59pm On May 29, 2016
lolawilliams:

Accept what.. We're ready for you.. Okc has exposed you. You dont expect me to support gsw cause I wanna meet you in finals.. So do cavs fan give a fu<k about your hate.. hit some kk and get yourself together

Butt hurt. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:00pm On May 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The last point was counted for Draymond. I think there's been a Mistake somewhere. OKC don't play as a team. Westbrook and KD like the hero ball too much that's why I'm sure they can't beat the Cavs cos Cavs too has embraced the Brotherhood basketball and now play as a team as compared to last season and play slightly better. The last game must be won.. And did you see Barnes and Iguodala come to light?? Barnes Instagram was flooded yesterday. cheesy

I got my stat from NBA.com o. I could be wrong. But that's where it came from. Even the ESPN writers said 31. But whatever.

Everything you said, I agree with 100%.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:03pm On May 29, 2016
Eruditor:

More points in the 4th Qtr didn't help OKC in game 1?
But you played than them in game1, didnt u?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:04pm On May 29, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lmao. So you mean cavs would beat okc 4_1 but the 73_9 team are either gon lose to them or win 4_3 to beat them.. You hype your team and you also underate them at the same time.. Man Im sick sad... We dont give a fu<k bout your hate too, its never oir style to give a fu<k grin
There's something called humility you Cavs fan or the "Former LeBron" not the new one cos LeBron has really be humble this post season that you guys don't know.. You just don't accept the truth even when it's staring at you. We GSW fans knew we didn't Play well in game 3 and 4 and we accepted it and moved on so why wouldn't we have to fight back and win 4-3? Why wouldn't we always accept we fücked up? Cos we don't like unnecessary excuses like "OKC had more points that's why they won" or because "Curry wasn't healthy" undecided And why I said Cavs will go 4-1 is because, There would be match up nightmares, Westbrook and KD will want to play their ISO or hero ball and Dion Waiters will want to get revenge.. That's all.. Not because okc isn't a great Western Conference Team..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:06pm On May 29, 2016
Eruditor:

Butt hurt. grin
Not at all sike
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:08pm On May 29, 2016
Just give Respek to The Golden State Warriors team for at least clearing your doubt down from 3-1.. Haba!!! Lolawilliams.. Is it that hard?? Ehn?? We all congratulated you and LeBron and James Jones only players in 50yrs with 6th Straight finals appearance Yesterday..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:14pm On May 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

don't worry you will see them play as brothers in game 7.
I never gave the warriors any chance in game 6,i was wrong.
I am not giving OKC any chance in game 7,
I expect to be wrong again.

Lol @ Play like brothers. GSW was 18 wins superior to OKC this season. It is not even close. I don't know why people want to think OKC let it slip, without seeing that GSW did same in game 1.

Sure OKC looked ruthless in the 3 and 4 blow-outs, but people forget that they also got blown out in game 2 and lost by 27pts.

Here is the series recap.

GSW 102- OKC 108 game 1
GSW 118- OKC 91 game 2
GSW 105- OKC 133 game 3
GSW 94- OKC 118 game 4
GSW 120- OKC 111 game 5
GSW 108- OKC 101 game 6

OKC won with 58pts in 3 wins. GSW now has 43pts differential in 3 wins too.

It therefore means GSW owes OKC a 15points + win to wrap up the series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:18pm On May 29, 2016
lolawilliams:

I noticed most of y'll gsw fans are so happy about they klay 41pts.. Lol thats nothing to meee.. King james scored 45 pts againt celtics in eastern conf finals in 2012 when the celtics were leading 3_2 and was clear from the opening tip in Game 6 that James was in full attack mode with his legacy on the line. He drove to the basket at will and scored or got fouled nearly every time. He also looked as
confident as he’d ever been with his outside shot. If klay 41pts is still making u go gaga, stop that asap.
Patiently waiting for finals..even if u qualify, we hve a healthy team unlike last yr when it took you 6 games to defeat the king alone when the other big 2 were out

Lol @ Healthy team. It was because your team was unhealthy that you stole 2 games. Kerr did the right adjustments and went small, so Lebron and Mozgov had time to score buckets but guess what? They couldn't play defence and got tired. 3 easy wins after and the series was over.

Now with Kyrie, Love, Frye etc..yes the offense has improved. But Raptors stole 2 games from you. I guess it is safe to say, Raptors exposed Cavs too.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2016
Whew, going back and forth this thread, a very good game earlier Today, and trolls looks for something to fault as a reason for the win, you know trolls when they attack another team when the loose and win, Lola you'll see GSW come June 2, when the cane start coming let's see what you'll be saying then

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:44pm On May 29, 2016
Eruditor:

Lol @ Play like brothers. GSW was 18 wins superior to OKC this season. It is not even close. I don't know why people want to think OKC let it slip, without seeing that GSW did same in game 1.

Sure OKC looked ruthless in the 3 and 4 blow-outs, but people forget that they also got blown out in game 2 and lost by 27pts.

Here is the series recap.

GSW 102- OKC 108 game 1
GSW 118- OKC 91 game 2
GSW 105- OKC 133 game 3
GSW 94- OKC 118 game 4
GSW 120- OKC 111 game 5
GSW 108- OKC 101 game 6

OKC won with 58pts in 3 wins. GSW now has 43pts differential in 3 wins too.

It therefore means GSW owes OKC a 15points + win to wrap up the series.
I can only tell you what I think.
warriors are better than the thunders,but screwed up that first game and after the thunders performance in game 3 and 4,they showed some cracks in this warriors team,
(i could forgive them for game 5,didn't watch but I read it was Close despite horrible shooting from Kd and Russ)
but in the fourth quarter of this last game they panicked.
they had you guys on the rope for a longtime, but the warriors kept their nerves and closed it out.

I just hope the cavs staff are taking note of some of the warriors weakness.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

warriors are better than the thunders,but screwed up that first game and after the thunders performance in game 3 and 4,they showed some cracks in this warriors team,
(i could forgive them for game 5,didn't watch but I read it was Close despite horrible shooting from Kd and Russ)
they had you guys on the rope for a longtime, but the warriors kept their nerves and closed it out.

And the warrior staff taking note of game 3/4 of Cavs
Pfffft

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:23pm On May 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Lol..Klay and Steph also shot horribly in game 5. Difference is, they outrebounded OKC, made more points in the paint and got better numbers from the bench than OKC did. In OKCs defence the score looked close because OKC outshot GSW at the 3pt line 13-9. If you are looking for an OKC win at Oracle, you'd need better 3 pt shooting, better rebounds/boards, more from the bench and more points in the paint.

I don't mean to sound cocky but, that ain't happening man. If you wanna beat MayWeather, you are better off KOing him because if you give him a chance to take it to unanimous decision, he will score more points than you, very similar to GSW.

OKC had the chance yesterday to deal the KO blow. Letting this game get to game 7, is similar to letting judges decide MayWeather's fight. Even if it is by 0.001points, Warriors will win game 7.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:56pm On May 29, 2016
Eruditor:

Lol..Klay and Steph also shot horribly in game 5. Difference is, they outrebounded OKC, made more points in the paint and got better numbers from the bench than OKC did. In OKCs defence the score looked close because OKC outshot GSW at the 3pt line 13-9. If you are looking for an OKC win at Oracle, you'd need better 3 pt shooting, better rebounds/boards, more from the bench and more points in the paint.

I don't mean to sound cocky but, that ain't happening man. If you wanna beat MayWeather, you are better off KOing him because if you give him a chance to take it to unanimous decision, he will score more points than you, very similar to GSW.

OKC had the chance yesterday to deal the KO blow. Letting this game get to game 7, is similar to letting judges decide MayWeather's fight. Even if it is by 0.001points, Warriors will win game 7.
minus the three point shooting (you cant win in a shootout against these guys) those are all the things are hope the cavs are working on.
OKC already missed their chance but we can still hope for a miracle.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

minus the three point shooting (you cant win in a shootout against these guys) those are all the things are hope the cavs are working on.
OKC already missed there chance but we can still hope for a miracle.

Now that's a good feeling to GSW supporters, an OKC fan knows it's only by miracle, more or less little or no chance grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:32am On May 30, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
WHERE MY PEOPLE AT cheesy cheesy cheesy SmooshCHN A40 Eruditor cool cool cool They ddn't believe us Lolawilliams called it joke of the century.. BIRDMAN TROLLED ALL DAY.. THE INTERNET KILLED US ALL DAY... EVEN INSULTED OUR MVP tongue GAME 7 BABY cool coolPUT Some RESPEK ON THAT NAME KLAY Thompson and the warriors

SmooshCHN Mizzzbeee one win and una wan flog me already. Game 7 coming up grin. Gutsy win by the warriors - they took that game, but I believe OKC is winning game 7. Why? they are the better team.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:34am On May 30, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Just give Respek to The Golden State Warriors team for at least clearing your doubt down from 3-1.. Haba!!! Lolawilliams.. Is it that hard?? Ehn?? We all congratulated you and LeBron and James Jones only players in 50yrs with 6th Straight finals appearance Yesterday..

no doubt warriors played tough game 6 and they deserve props for not folding. they shot themselves back into the game. whoever wins this series deserves it, bottomline
Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 7:28am On May 30, 2016
Sigh, the thunders why sad, it doesn't look good for them game 7.. But if there was any team that could beat the dubs at the oracle, well that will be loud city (OKC)!

Although It might be very foolish to count out Oklahoma City in this Game 7; Curry’s shooting has been shaky for most of the series, and Thompson almost certainly won’t set an NBA record for 3pts in a second straight game!
If Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook perform like they did
in Game 3 and Game 4, the GSW effort in game 6 will just be swallowed by the annals of time

Durant has quietly also had a poor shooting series ( about 30 something % thereabout), thereby allowing Russell Westbrook to fill up the stat sheet and take over games, but Russell's decision making at times has been costly against the Warriors.

Golden State is unbeaten in their two chances to close out
a series this year so in as much I would like em to lose, its looking unlikely. If OKC really want this match then they really need to be efficient with their shot making and limit the splash brothers 3 point plays because those 3 points at the end really add up, *remem game 6*

Prediction ; Already betted that OKC got this series but I think this will be their last piece of action in the playoffs . GSW Win..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:22am On May 30, 2016
The win comes tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:50am On May 30, 2016
drinkmorewater:
Sigh, the thunders why sad, it doesn't look good for them game 7.. But if there was any team that could beat the dubs at the oracle, well that will be loud city (OKC)!

Although It might be very foolish to count out Oklahoma City in this Game 7; Curry’s shooting has been shaky for most of the series, and Thompson almost certainly won’t set an NBA record for 3pts in a second straight game!
in Game 3 and Game 4, the GSW effort in game 6 will just be swallowed by the annals of time

Durant has quietly also had a poor shooting series ( about 30 something % thereabout), thereby allowing Russell Westbrook to fill up the stat sheet and take over games, but Russell's decision making at times has been costly against the Warriors.

a series this year so in as much I would like em to lose, its looking unlikely. If OKC really want this match then they really need to be efficient with their shot making and limit the splash brothers 3 point plays because those 3 points at the end really add up, *remem game 6*

Prediction ; Already betted that OKC got this series but I think this will be their last piece of action in the playoffs . GSW Win..
you need CANE!!!! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:15pm On May 30, 2016
birdman:

SmooshCHN Mizzzbeee one win and una wan flog me already. Game 7 coming up grin. Gutsy win by the warriors - they took that game, but I believe OKC is winning game 7. Why? they are the better team.

LOL.

They had their chance. They blew it. I don't know why all of a sudden GSW became so bad that their home court means nothing. Curry's 6 3 points in a game is shaky shooting but Westbrooks 4/8 in game 4 and something similar in game 3, will be replicated at Oracle.

All of a sudden Klay will go cold and so would Curry but consistency is expected from OKC? LOL.

I don't know which was easier, OKC winning a game 1 or GSW winning game 6? I wonder how the better teams are decided sef.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:19pm On May 30, 2016
Eruditor:

LOL.

They had their chance. They blew it. I don't know why all of a sudden GSW became so bad that their home court means nothing. Curry's 6 3 points in a game is shaky shooting but Westbrooks 4/8 in game 4 and something similar in game 3, will be replicated at Oracle.

All of a sudden Klay will go cold and so would Curry but consistency is expected from OKC? LOL.

I don't know which was easier, OKC winning a game 1 or GSW winning game 6? I wonder how the better teams are decided sef.
You're even still trying to make them see what's already clear.. It's a 25% chance for OKC to qualify and that just because they know how to fight nothing else. They are not the better team..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:20pm On May 30, 2016
drinkmorewater:

It is easier for Klay to score 12 3s in game 7 than for KD and Russell to have similar games 3 & 4. I am disgusted at how undermined the warriors are.

I mean, they were 39-2 ahome in the regular season and 8-1 in the Playoffs. That's 47-3 so far, and a clutch, NBA WCFs winning game 7 is the one they will flop? Haba.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:20pm On May 30, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You're even still trying to make them see what's already clear.. It's a 25% chance for OKC to qualify and that just because they know how to fight nothing else. They are not the better team..

That's what is paining me. That statement "the better team".
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:28pm On May 30, 2016
Eruditor:

That's what is paining me. That statement "the better team".
Since I asked Lola and others why the sudden hate or just the bad wishes and got no reply, I just accepted they have no legitimate reason.. If you want your LeBron to win that's OK. But saying the Warriors will lose a home game because you just don't like them; I just accepted their feelings and hate are too involved.

Better Team?? I can't even deal.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:59pm On May 30, 2016
birdman:

not one two back to back wins and about to make it three tonight tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 12:16am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
you need CANE!!!! angry

grin grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.