Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1638006 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SagePAUL(m): 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
all this basketball talk, I'm soo happy, I love bball like madt, please if there is a whatsapp group add me 08185734449
I'm bulls(east) and clippers (west). Bulls is my major team tho. Fav player is Cp3.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2016
nairamaniac:

It's blasphemy to place kobe ahead of Kareem, Shaq and magic. Kareem and Shaq had the most bankable-2points the league had ever seen. Magic is clearly the best point guard ever and he contributed in scoring unlike other great point-guards like John Stockton and Chris Paul.
If Jordan didn't come out of retirement to win 3more titles, the world would have been divided between Jordan and magic johnson.
Please don't say this in L. A.
Magic was something else.
Kobe isn't best even close to being best laker.

Now picture this, like u sed, kobe had poor teammates. During his peak years after Shaq left. But lebron equally had poor team mates in Cleveland when he led them to the finals in 2007. That was just his forth year in the league.
Kobe had been in the league for 9years. And could lead the lakers to playoffs in 2005.
I'm talking bout playoffs and not NBA finals.
Do u think there's any team in the league in the past 15 years that a Shaq or lebron or a Jordan or Kareem wouldn't have led to playoffs?
"Impossible" my brother.

After 2005, we all thot it was just a bad year for kobe. But the next two seasons, he couldn't lead lakers past the phoenix suns in first-rounds. And this was a 10 to 11year old veteran.
After staying 11years in a league, no great player had an excuse not to lead his team beyond the 1st round in a playoff series. Not qualifying for it is unheard of.
Except you are a Tracy macgrady. And that's why he's rated so low in the ranks of greatest players.
If iverson could lead that sixers with Eric snow and Oldman dikembe to best record (top seed) in 2001. I see no reason why kobe can't do half of that.
Iverson went even further to lead them to the nba finals.
I can go on and on and on. Brother, with those weak-ass team mates, kobe should have done much more. Those years should count against him, rather than for-him.
Abeg I would put Kobe ahead of Shaq. Kareem and Magic played with James Worthy another all time great. When 3 of a starting five are HOFers its usually a lot easier to accomplish things. I want to see how Kareem and Magic function with trolls like Brian Cook, Smush Parker and Jordan Farmar

Lmao. Conveniently forgetting LeBron plays in the weaker conference. Where would Cavs smell playoffs in the West? You think sub .500 teams can make playoffs over there? We are talking of players so mediocre a lot of them spent less than 5 years in the league. Kobe's starting center was Kwame Brown, Kwame goddamn Brown. You are using A.I as example, can you compare the quality of competition in the West. You think LeBron with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker woulda beaten the Suns? Lmao bruh

If it was sure for him why did he run to team up with his all-star, finals Mvp draft mates?

There are many teams LeBron, Shaq, Kareem would not have led to the playoffs and Kobe's Lakers till Gasol came was one of them. Even though Gasol was no Wade and we can't categorically say he is better than Bosh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 13, 2016
Dudes be forgetting lebron plays in the ECF, he makes the finals, he makes the finals, you are damn right he should. How many superstar they the ECF? I go wait.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23am On Dec 13, 2016
Donlittle:
Dudes be forgetting lebron plays in the ECF, he makes the finals, he makes the finals, you are damn right he should. How many superstar they the ECF? I go wait.
In the West you had the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Jazz, later on the Grizzlies, OKC

So playing in a weaker conference with two all stars is now a big deal
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 13, 2016
A40:

In the West you had the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Jazz, later on the Grizzlies, OKC

So playing in a weaker conference with two all stars is now a big deal
The guy even conveniently said the pacers were better than Miami. Like what?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 13, 2016
nairamaniac:

ESPN's list is the closest to perfection iv ever seen. Whoever would touch M. J hasn't been born or yet to enter the league.
But my brother Lebron lossing 4 finals has nothing to do with it. In the first place, lebron had no business getting to most of this final.
His first finals at the age of 22 with that extremely weak cavs should be applauded.
His last finals in miami with dead dwane wade and Chris bosh was a miracle to have gotten that far. Pound for pound, Indiana was much better than miami.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 13, 2016
I don't understand how players whom just won championship, played well just a year before, actually Great, came back to the same finals a season later, met older players in Ginobili, Parker, and Timmy, but for some reasons, Wade and Bosh were dead. Walahi, Why don't you say Lebron play 1-5 through out his tenure in miami

Miami had no answer for the spurs, Lebron had no answer for the spurs that year, most of his points came in the 4th quarter while miami was down a lot, and spurs players were relaxing. But, Okay though
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:35am On Dec 13, 2016
frenchwine:
Tonight seems like its gonna be a dull one on-court. Not soo interesting match ups.
Anyone has an interesting pick? angry
Go for upsets and long shots e.g the Blazers tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:43am On Dec 13, 2016
nairamaniac:

From all 4? U are wicked. He lost his two best players prior to 2015finals. Both Dwane wade and bosh were finished 2014. They both couldn't even make the playoffs without lebron the following year.
No vex, iv accepted my mistake for 2011. Yes, he flopped. I just didn't put the entire blame on him.
I think I remember those last 3games they lost to dallas, miami's scoring was going thru Dwane Wade more than it was thru Lebron.

But please leave 14 and 15 finals out of this.

And mind you, I'm not making excuses for lebron in order to place him at par with Jordan. They r not mates.
What did he do to slow down Kawhi Leonard in 2014. I can understand Dirk who had a significant edge in size. Not that Dirk hasn't been efficiently guarded by a smaller guy (Stephen Jackson says hi)

The question is how did a fellow Small Forward under his watch put up one of the most efficient offensive displays in Finals history.

Shey you know Bosh was injured for the 2nd half of that season sha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:57am On Dec 13, 2016
Donlittle:
Donlittle:
Conference that 40-42 were entering playoffs. Is that one Conference
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:02am On Dec 13, 2016
A40:

Conference that 40-42 were entering playoffs. Is that one Conference

Lmaooooo
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
Much Respect for the Goat and the King cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
It's game day y'all..

NBA players baby picture

1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
SmooshCHN:
It's game day y'all..

NBA players baby picture

YOU ARE SOOOOO DISRESPECTFUL !!!!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
SmooshCHN:
It's game day y'all..

NBA players baby picture

What are you trying to tell? You mean Curry lacked growth hormones and never went through puberty? grin

Westbrook Pic is the funniest. i swear loool
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:24am On Dec 14, 2016
birdman:

But if MJ had LBJ's body, I would say MJ never wins 6 rings. Because the road would be much easier. He would never have been cut from his varsity team, and the pistons would not have been able to bully him early in his career..

Are we still pedalling this lie? MJ was not cut from his varsity team. It was simply rare for sophmores to make varsity teams back then.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:36am On Dec 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:
am done with it too that is why am not actively participating in this renewed one.
I don't know what to say in favour of LBJ that I haven't already said or anything in Kobe favours that I never read for this board or heard in real life.
my original point was that if ESPN is filled with LBJ fan boys what about SI?
you should check foxsports ranking too.
but I no expect you or any other Kobe fan to change anymore than I would.

Most sensible and reasonable BB sites don't have Kobe in their top 10 and rightly so. Kobe Stans would like still to argue otherwise though.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Roland17:

YOU ARE SOOOOO DISRESPECTFUL !!!!!! angry angry
What's so disrespectful? That Curry is a G.O.A.T??
lolawilliams:

What are you trying to tell? You mean Curry lacked growth hormones and never went through puberty? grin
Westbrook Pic is the funniest. i swear loool
cheesy cheesy Curry is the G.O.A.T tongue Lebron's ears and D WADE's look always gets me
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:18am On Dec 14, 2016
chic2pimp:

Are we still pedalling this lie? MJ was not cut from his varsity team. It was simply rare for sophmores to make varsity teams back then.

google is your friend. his coach claimed he didnt "cut" him, he just put him on the jv team. That is like telling NBA starter to go to NBDL...its not a "cut", just a demotion na grin. Like your teacher telling you to repeat primary 6 while your mates are going to JSS1. Its not a "cut" o, its just that you are 2 years younger than everybody and it is rare for you to make JS1 tongue

Bottomline, it was a diss, and it fueled Jordan. Feel free to google the definitive forbes article on the issue. even in front of the coach, jordan repeated the slight.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:17am On Dec 14, 2016
Tachycardia wan finish person for here cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:22am On Dec 14, 2016
Leave this 3 ball and take it to the basket. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:26am On Dec 14, 2016
If Draymond don't win DPOY..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 14, 2016
Where are the Westbrook fanboys? grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
If Draymond don't win DPOY..
I agree with you, buh LolaWilliams is surely coming for you
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I agree with you, buh LolaWilliams is surely coming for you
You agree with me means I'm telling the truth.. I watch most of the games and she can't tell me LeBron has performed better on defense than Draymond so far this season. tongue So DPOY for now is Draymond.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You agree with me means I'm telling the truth.. I watch most of the games and she can't tell me LeBron has performed better on defense than Draymond so far this season. tongue So DPOY for now is Draymond.
Going by this season's performance, it's Green but Ofcus you can't judge a season over the first 25 games . He has to keep those stats up over 83
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:18am On Dec 14, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Going by this season's performance, it's Green but Ofcus you can't judge a season over the first 25 games . He has to keep those stats up over 83
Yes over 82 games.. That's why I specified for now so Lola will not start with me this week grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Where are the Westbrook fanboys? grin grin grin
The guy was mad as hell cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Yes over 82 games.. That's why I specified for now so Lola will not start with me this week grin
Lol you dey find trouble for this harmattan. I pirry you my brother.
They're still in bed or getting set to work, just wait till your post sinks in with the rising sun, then they would come at you
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The guy was mad as hell cheesy cheesy
That was a night he would never forget in a hurry. The boo boys were at him really well.
He can try just as hard to do a 'Melo Anthony with the Knicks of yesteryears , but that would just be that, maybe just a scoring champion for the season
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:48am On Dec 14, 2016
So a full GSW team lost to the Grizzlies by 20+ pts, but a Cavs team without Kyrie put the work on them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Let them niggas have the grammy we gat the street. I wouldnt mind whooping you by 20+ pts too on christmas day. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.