Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632729 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Roland17:
I bumped into this excellent article written on sports illustrated about Kawahi Leonard, and would want everyone to read.

http://www.si.com/vault/2016/03/08/island-kawhi

Incredible. Hopefully I am this humble when I grow up, but I already broke up with my Girlfriend immediately I got out of college grin

We all can't be kawhi lol grin
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
Don't like typing much but a whole lot of ignorant statements need to be corrected in one post

Eruditor:

In one breath you bring up people's percentages who are outdoing Curry in half a season

Read all Ooh Mpa's posts again. Get someone who understands English to reveal the percentages

then when it comes to WB you look for Oladipos numbers per career so you can save face for WB. And you reeled it off quickly to deceive the unsuspecting. We spotted you out.

These are the supposed star players in OKC team:

Grant - 6points 48%
Oladipo - 45% shooting, 43% career

We can as well as Kyle Singler, Abines, Morrow and other superstar squad members

Are you done with this shooting percentage thing or you want to continue to look stupid?

but when it comes to Curry his number is incredibly low even when he has the 2nd most 3s attempted yet most made as well as a better % than Eric Gordon. But you came here like WB (i.e without thinking..sorry.. fact checking and typed nonsense). But again, we spotted you.

Curry attempts 9.5 threes/game, Gordon 9.2. You were saying

Lol..everything about Curry is down. Sure. His PPG is 24.6. APG is 6+ Rebounds 4+ all these stats are better than Lowry's, Kyrie's, Walls, CP3s but sure Curry is waaaay down the pecking order. As long as it comes from you, people have to take it. The great DumPha has spoken. But again...we busted you.

All the stats? shocked You sure?

PPG is now what makes a player better? shocked
Didn't know that

Currys PER is down to 23. WBs is up to 30. PER is a function of usage. If a player handles the ball more often than not his PER artificially rises. That's a fact. Why don't we really examine the numbers. 2pt % Russell is in the 40+ % Curry is 54%. 3pt Russell is in the less 30% range while Curry is scraping 40% (despite more attmepts and more shots made). Overall FG RW- 42%, Curry- 46% eFG WB 46% SC- 57%. Curry is not top 40 TOs (turnovers), Russell is turning the ball over 10 times a game only behind Harden. Russell has missed 600+ shots the whole season Curry with his 20 shots per game has not missed that much and is averaging better or just under the PPG when juxtaposed with others who play the same position and take the same number of shots.

Look at him go grin

One thing Ooh Mpa likes about you is the way you add "That's a fact" to any rubbish you type.

PER is about usage?
Guess Durant with less usage should have less PER. Oh wait...
Ah Kanter, Jokic should stop using the ball too much so they can have less PER than Curry
Giannis, CP3, Butler, Lowry all use the ball less than Curry and have better PER.
A drop from 31 to 23 PER in under a year is still good to the Curry lickers.

We all know Westbrook has a poor FG% so that must have been convenient for you to compare while leaving other stats he's way better.

You can check stats about their influence on the game: PIE, VORP, PER. Do well to compare Curry with those PGs listed. Na your assignmentgrin

Why has KD never been this efficient all his life? It is called the Curry effect.

Curry Effect? grin The way you type, you'd think he's typing something special. Durant had higher PERs twice in OKC.

So Curry is helping Durant play the best defense of his life? Block his shots? Wouldn't argue about his offense but that has to do more with Warriors in general and Green specifically

We expected Curry to drop, everybody did. Dropping from 1st to 7th/8th is okay for a unanimous MVP. Dropping below 10 is a great concern to the community.
Lowry improved with Derozan
Irving improved with James

Its not that hard to comprehend, Jefe smiley

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:
Don't like typing much but a whole lot of ignorant statements need to be corrected in one post

Read all Ooh Mpa's posts again. Get someone who understands English to reveal the percentages

These are the supposed star players in OKC team:

Grant - 6points 48%
Oladipo - 45% shooting, 43% career

We can as well as Kyle Singler, Abines, Morrow and other superstar squad members

Are you done with this shooting percentage thing or you want to continue to look stupid?

Curry attempts 9.5 threes/game, Gordon 9.2. You were saying

All the stats? shocked You sure?

PPG is now what makes a player better? shocked
Didn't know that

Look at him go grin

One thing Ooh Mpa likes about you is the way you add "That's a fact" to any rubbish you type.

PER is about usage?
Guess Durant with less usage should have less PER. Oh wait...
Ah Kanter, Jokic should stop using the ball too much so they can have less PER than Curry
Giannis, CP3, Butler, Lowry all use the ball less than Curry and have better PER.
A drop from 31 to 23 PER in under a year is still good to the Curry lickers.

We all know Westbrook has a poor FG% so that must have been convenient for you to compare while leaving other stats he's way better.

You can check stats about their influence on the game: PIE, VORP, PER. Do well to compare Curry with those PGs listed. Na your assignmentgrin

Curry Effect? grin The way you type, you'd think he's typing something special. Durant had higher PERs twice in OKC.

So Curry is helping Durant play the best defense of his life? Block his shots? Wouldn't argue about his offense but that has to do more with Warriors in general and Green specifically

We expected Curry to drop, everybody did. Dropping from 1st to 7th/8th is okay for a unanimous MVP. Dropping below 10 is a great concern to the community.
Lowry improved with Derozan
Irving improved with James

Its not that hard to comprehend, Jefe smiley

I swear you are a dumbo. You just didn't have enough people telling you that on this thread because it would have slowed you down.

How many times did I repeat to you that this is not an MVP argument? Curry is not the MVP this season and I have never made any claims to that effect. It won't make your shallow and factless drivel sound any more coherent if you keep alluding to it just to save face.

Good thing you have thrown away All star, Unbiased Metric, Gordon, other PGs, dominating games and now how PPG doesn't matter. Let me guess what matters is rebounds and PER or better still...any stat that you can use to nail Curry? LOL

Again before you type anything here go and check it's present-day verisimilitude or stand the risk of making yourself look asinine for the gazillionth time. Curry's poor season PER rate is better than CP3s, Kyrie's and Lowry's. Jeez it must be dizzying to be your own version of stu.pid.

See how this pseudo-analyst wants to dismiss RWs poor shooting? We all know it? But it doesn't matter because you want him to be MVP? You are a waste of my time.

LOL even PER experts don't know how to factor defence into PER calculations but some doofus on NL wants to help them. How does KDs defence come in abeg? Listen, if plays are made around a player and he is padding all the offensive stats his PER will be good even if he missed 600+ shots and turned the ball 10 times while at it. Stop wasting my time. Anthony Davis' PERs are always high every year for the same purpose (without wasting 600 shots)and that's what KD is enjoying at GSW. Plays are made for KD and MVP Curry doesn't care about it. He wants to win a ring. If you can check Curry's PER in the last 8 games please bring it out.

Yea Unanimous MVPs numbers dropped to the level it was before his numinous 2015/16. Which means he is not the MVP as nobody argued he is this year. But one can make an argument that his numbers are still great for an All star starter. Any hater that does not like it can kill himself.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Waiting for another e-diot to say Curry has not dominated any game this season or hasn't experienced a 50% FG game.

Who else is noticing this post- Cavs (Dec 25) version of Curry is playing more aggressively than the one who began this season?

As per based on Today's game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
I don't know why Warriors take 3rd quarter so personal.

Curry just surpassed Stojakovic for 13th in 3Points list. He'll most likely end up 10th this season above Billups if healthy. Congrats
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
What is wrong with Eruditor of a dyke, eh?
Your level of understanding is zilch

Told him Gordon attempts less 3s per game at 9.2 to Curry's 9.6, he said Ooh Mpa threw it away

Told him other PGs are playing better with more PIE and PER, he said Ooh Mpa threw it away

Told him ppg doesn't make a player better than another, he said Ooh Mpa typed "Ppg doesn't matter"

Already said on this thread KD is the MVP. Westbrook wasn't in Mpa's top 5 but only Eruditor saw where a comment on Westbrook being MVP was made

Said Durant is playing the best defense of his life. People of NBA, are blocks, rebounds and steals not part of PER calculation? Please, answer him cos Ooh Mpa's answers might skip his brain sensors again

He's saying plays are made for KD while Curry doesn't care. Who has more attempts and plays this season, Curry or KD? Or did Curry tell you on WhatsApp he doesn't care?

This is the last one, read abeg. After telling him PER is not about usage, Eruditor defended Curry in quotes

if plays are made around a player and he is padding all the offensive stats his PER will be good even if he missed 600+ shots and turned the ball 10 times while at it

Then, countered with this

Curry's poor season PER rate is better than CP3s, Kyrie's and Lowry's

Good pipu, look that screenshot as Ooh Mpa fit get eye problem.
Shei CP3 and Lowry dey turn ball 10 times and miss 600 shots while padding offensive stats? grin

This boy, Eruditor has a basket brain and astigmatism.

Sayonara, amigo. Go argue with your mates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
Packers are sleeping grin Falcons are ballin grin..
A40 and Steelers about to take their L's in less than 4hrs
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:
What is wrong with Eruditor of a dyke, eh?
Your level of understanding is zilch

Told him Gordon attempts less 3s per game at 9.2 to Curry's 9.6, he said Ooh Mpa threw it away

Told him other PGs are playing better with more PIE and PER, he said Ooh Mpa threw it away

Told him ppg doesn't make a player better than another, he said Ooh Mpa typed "Ppg doesn't matter"

Already said on this thread KD is the MVP. Westbrook wasn't in Mpa's top 5 but only Eruditor saw where a comment on Westbrook being MVP was made

Said Durant is playing the best defense of his life. People of NBA, are blocks, rebounds and steals not part of PER calculation? Please, answer him cos Ooh Mpa's answers might skip his brain sensors again

He's saying plays are made for KD while Curry doesn't care. Who has more attempts and plays this season, Curry or KD? Or did Curry tell you on WhatsApp he doesn't care?

This is the last one, read abeg. After telling him PER is not about usage, Eruditor defended Curry in quotes

Then, countered with this

Good pipu, look that screenshot as Ooh Mpa fit get eye problem.
Shei CP3 and Lowry dey turn ball 10 times and miss 600 shots while padding offensive stats? grin

This boy, Eruditor has a basket brain and astigmatism.

Sayonara, amigo. Go argue with your mates

Wanted to take it kindly with you but you are too irredeemably obtuse to pass up.

Dumbo, if Gordon attempts less 3s (by 1 or 2), has made less 3s and has a lower 3pt % (0.393 to 0.404) than Curry why bring him up and claim he is doing better than Curry in 3pt shooting?

Dumbo, if the other PGs are the primary scorers in their teams why ignore their PPGs, APGs along with their PER and settle for only PER? Is John Wall not the Primary scorer? CP3 not 2nd in his team? Isaiah not primary scorer in his team?

LOL Dumbo, PPG doesn't make a player better than another when you want it to be. Then switch up and use it to criticise another player at another time.

Were you not the one singing about RW being MVP leading candidate? What do you think it implies in a discussion? I told you: by the old All star voting rule, Curry starts. Even by the new one, he starts. What else do you want?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_efficiency_rating

Read the column "problems with PER calculation". If you need another link I can help you out.

KD is averaging 26ppg on 16.7 spg to Curry's 25ppg on 17.4spg this is over the whole season and a large chunk of that has been in January this year when Curry's Shots per game went up to 19.9 compared to KDs 16.4. In December, KD was getting 18 spg to Curry's 15.4. That's why I kept saying Curry's game has improved since he got more aggressive and started taking more shots. I also attributed the change to the Cavs game on Dec 25th.

LOL @ PER. Well I admit, I looked at the wrong table. Fine. So Kanter and RW make the cut. There is only one player from Houston but Harden plays with gems and RW with scrubs? grin

Giannis and Butler are having better seasons than Lebron? And Curry is having a better season than Kyrie? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
Lmao @ eruditor and oohmpa relationship on here. The banters grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:14am On Jan 23, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:26am On Jan 23, 2017
SIRcumalot:
grin

First your teammate leaves you. Next, the NBA gives me your All-star starting spot. More like.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Please lets stick to the topic
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mynd44:
Please lets stick to the topic
bruh why can't we talk about football. This is a sports related thread and the participants aren't up to 15.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Donlittle:
bruh why can't we talk about football. This is a sports related thread and the participants aren't up to 15.
Because some people dont watch football and everytime they see a new post they think it is basketball related.

Not fair is it?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mynd44:

Because some people dont watch football and everytime they see a new post they think it is basketball related.

Not fair is it?
do they post on this topic or are they active on here? Last I check, it's only a few people active on here and if the ones active want to talk football also, why not?

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Roland17:
I bumped into this excellent article written on sports illustrated about Kawahi Leonard, and would want everyone to read.

http://www.si.com/vault/2016/03/08/island-kawhi

So who does the floor pick defensively? Kawhi or Draymond?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
A40:

So who does the floor pick defensively? Kawhi or Draymond?

I would pick Kawahi, especially one on one, and his ability to disrupt plays, and alter the passing lanes with those hands.

Furthermore, Kawahi possesses the discipline to control his emotions after a defensive play, even when calls don't go his way; i can't vouch that the latter would not do something stupid and get thrown out of the game costing the team a W.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mynd44:

Not fair is it?

Again, while i am not going to question your decision, I strongly believe the rationale behind the decision is at best unconvincing.

I desperately want to argue the embolden statement, However, i would feign indifference and move on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.