Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1721020 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
OohMpa:

Ooh Mpa own vex be say hin dey start this All Star with wetin hin don play this season.

Don't even see him in a top 5 PG conversation this season let alone top 5 player. Even the 1st MVP season he averaged less was way better

Your opinion counts for nothing. That's my excitement. I was waiting for you to chip in now to tell us clutch shots you claim Russell has been making all season even when we told you that's just a selfish player playing for triple doubles. The second spin you brought was how he played with scrubs. 40+ games in and we see that 3 other players have a greater shooting percentage on his team but your MVP will be bricking shots and losing his team games.

Let him come and carry MVP from 7th in his conference. grin

Triple double yet fans don't like him.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 12:36am On Jan 22, 2017
Eruditor:

Your opinion counts for nothing. That's my excitement. I was waiting for you to chip in now to tell us clutch shots you claim Russell has been making all season even when we told you that's just a selfish player playing for triple doubles. The second spin you brought was how he played with scrubs. 40+ games in and we see that 3 other players have a greater shooting percentage on his team but your MVP will be bricking shots and losing his team games.

Let him come and carry MVP from 7th in his conference. grin

Triple double yet fans don't like him.

Old man, try and argue with the context unlike shooting stray bullets to assuage your sentiments towards Westbrook

Let Ooh Mpa from the goodness of his heart compile a short Q&A segment to aid your comprehension skills:

1)Is Westbrook, a player in 7th WC not the leading MVP candidate?
Yes, he is

2)Is Westbrook, a player in 7th Wc not ahead of KD, Lebron and your darling Curry; all 1st in their conferences in MVP conversation?
Yes, he is

3)Is Curry a top 5 PG this season?
No

4)Are Wall (5th EC), CP3 (4th WC) and other PGs (Isaiah, Irving, Harden and WB) playing better than Curry this season?
Yes

5)Is Curry shooting bricks this season?
Hell Fuckïng yeah

6)Fans don't like WB, how many voted him?
1.58 million

7)In the media votes and player votes, the near unbiased category, what were the results?
Westbeast won both

8. Does having a better shooting percentage transform to a good player?
Centers/PF usually have a higher FG%

9) But fans voted Zaza and he has higher shooting percentages than Curry and Draymond. He's surely not a scrub, is he?
He's the best goddamn center in the NBA

Ooh Mpa says Curry has declined and shouldn't start, amigo here brings up Westbrook for no reason.

And you wonder why this ain't comedy grin

#Salud

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:37am On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:

Ooh Mpa own vex be say hin dey start this All Star with wetin hin don play this season.

Don't even see him in a top 5 PG conversation this season let alone top 5 player. Even the 1st MVP season he averaged less was way better

That's what happens when you are the face of the league(along with Lebron). This type of decisions or should I say voting would go your way more often than not.

Is Curry is a better player than Westbrook? Most definitely. Has He been better this season? Hell No.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 12:41am On Jan 22, 2017
chic2pimp:

That's what happens when you are the face of the league(along with Lebron). This type of decisions or should I say voting would go your way more often than not.

Is Curry is a better player than Westbrook? Most definitely. Has He been better this season? Hell No.

May your condoms never burst...

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:29am On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:

May your condoms never burst...

Amen o grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:00am On Jan 22, 2017
Eruditor:

Yes, that very Memphis game. Him and Klay Thompson bricked 5 FTs that would have won the game even despite the 24pt collapse.

Spot the irony. Delly looked so good but Curry had those averages. It is in the back of the TV that he looked so good. So tell me, Lebron last season, were they games were he was subpar? Clue: games 1 and 2 but I guess the rule changes when it is Curry and he is not allowed to have any bad games.

Delly had a good game 2 against Curry. Finish. Stop buying the hype I have told you.

Lol @ Kawhi. 17.8ppg to Parkers 18ppg that's the difference? Really?
You're still sulking over that loss ?even after your last three games !! Calm down,you still get to play Memphis twice.

He made up for his lapses in such a manner that the FMVP winner was never in doubt,your boy couldn't get one person to vote in his favour (I know,conspiracy).

Don't forget the APG and who primarily guarded LBJ that final. CONTEXT

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:04am On Jan 22, 2017
Spurs-Cavs.
I no sure say the cavs don beat the spurs since that Kyrie 57 point game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:19am On Jan 22, 2017
I have always known Lisa Salters is a hot Coog. But danmmm!!!! those hips Lisa.....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:50am On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:

Old man, try and argue with the context unlike shooting stray bullets to assuage your sentiments towards Westbrook

Let Ooh Mpa from the goodness of his heart compile a short Q&A segment to aid your comprehension skills:

1)Is Westbrook, a player in 7th WC not the leading MVP candidate?
Yes, he is

2)Is Westbrook, a player in 7th Wc not ahead of KD, Lebron and your darling Curry; all 1st in their conferences in MVP conversation?
Yes, he is

3)Is Curry a top 5 PG this season?
No

4)Are Wall (5th EC), CP3 (4th WC) and other PGs (Isaiah, Irving, Harden and WB) playing better than Curry this season?
Yes

5)Is Curry shooting bricks this season?
Hell Fuckïng yeah

6)Fans don't like WB, how many voted him?
1.58 million

7)In the media votes and player votes, the near unbiased category, what were the results?
Westbeast won both

8. Does having a better shooting percentage transform to a good player?
Centers/PF usually have a higher FG%

9) But fans voted Zaza and he has higher shooting percentages than Curry and Draymond. He's surely not a scrub, is he?
He's the best goddamn center in the NBA

Ooh Mpa says Curry has declined and shouldn't start, amigo here brings up Westbrook for no reason.

And you wonder why this ain't comedy grin

#Salud

You'd be surprised at how young I am but type all the folly you know so I can entertain myself reading it.

Assuage sentiments for RW? You didn't say you were pissed he is not going to start? You mean I just brought him up or mentioned you out of the blue? LOL

I saw comprehension skill somewhere so I thought to chime in to see whose thinking faculty is on recess.

1. Leading MVP Candidate? You mean like Hillary Clinton was leading in all the polls before D-day? Okay. I hear you.

2. See answer 1.

3. Ehya. And the number 1 ain't starting.

4.Yet the players and media voted Sean Carter THIRD in PGs. It was in error that it came out as Stephen Curry.

5. He definitely is. In context, he has missed 600 shots all season and is averaging 10 turnovers a game. Curry the bricklayer.

6. Ok. So the 1.58M people should make him a starter since he was just a few votes behind Lebron.

7. Ok the media and players vote is near unbiased? So let us do a little maths. Media and player votes account for 50% while fans vote accounts for 50%. So except Curry's Fan's vote was waay above RWs like 2:1 it is very likely that RWs media and player votes wasn't that much above Curry's. In context, you have been talking rubbish and it shows overwhelmingly that Curry deserved to start i.e even according to your "near unbiased" metric.

8. LOL. Except Oladipo and Grant are not centers. Try again.

9. Ok so we agree fans' vote alone is not enough for a player to make the AS team. So the same media and players didn't agree with you that Curry wasn't top 5 (even this season) *cries in comprehension*

LOL. Curry is playing with a better player in KD. He realises it and is making him comfortable by deferring to him and not forcing things and competing with him like some others will do. The interesting thing is, before KD came over Curry was carrying most of the load without complaints. Now he has someone who can take the mantle some days while he drifts but pseudo-analysts wanna bite him. Another player (MVP in some people's mind) had the same great player yet he chased him out of the team with selfish and brainless plays.

RW should start the ASG. Since the ASG is for players and media and not for the fans. grin Talking about comedy, I just cracked a rib typing that. One analyst said something I am sure the "fans" agreed with: "RW is the best player you don't want on your team". grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:28am On Jan 22, 2017
I'm seeing some faces I didn't see during the Cavs loss grin
Anyways y'all should check out the Cavs vs Spurs game now.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Mhen!!! Flopping is the order of the day.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:38am On Jan 22, 2017
The shump man don dey get sense again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Timi141: 3:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Another day another Knicks disappointment. cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:53am On Jan 22, 2017
Kyrie Irving about to get a chance to be clutch again
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:55am On Jan 22, 2017
I seriously struggle to understand why Lebron with his physical stats always settles for jumpers during clutch moments when games can be won.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Uncle Drew has taken over business for the Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Kevin turn to ghost for that last play.
Too bad he missed it
Great win for the spurs,leonard na badoo.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:25am On Jan 22, 2017
Eruditor:

7. Ok the media and players vote is near unbiased? So let us do a little maths. Media and player votes account for 50% while fans vote accounts for 50%. So except Curry's Fan's vote was waay above RWs like 2:1 it is very likely that RWs media and player votes wasn't that much above Curry's. In context, you have been talking rubbish and it shows overwhelmingly that Curry deserved to start i.e even according to your "near unbiased" metric.

Actually, Westbrook flat out murdered Curry in player and media votes. Westbrook had almost thrice of Curry's votes in both categories. That gave him 25% each = 50%

Curry won the fan votes, 1.7m to 1.5m votes I think, not that wide. This gave him 50% and equal with WB. Fan votes was then used to ice the tie. Margin was not used, you win this category, you get your percentage.

Fan votes are way too biased and should be reduced sef. Last year, Kobe started. This year, Wade and Zaza coulda started

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:25am On Jan 22, 2017
Roland17:
I seriously struggle to understand why Lebron with his physical stats always settles for jumpers during clutch moments when games can be won.
should've gone to kyrie for that last shot in regular time.
that Hail Mary three don enter him head.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 22, 2017
Eruditor:

I agree with this. KD is the best player on the team all round but he has dropped big points in games that GSW still lost for example, Cavs at December and that's because Curry (within the first 30 games of the season) had been deferring a tad too much trying to make KD feel comfortable.

As long as pick and roll plays are run with Curry in focus or he is bringing the ball up court and not just taking screens and hanging on the wings for spot-up shots, GSW look really dominant and that's because nobody bends a defence like he does. KDs last few games have been mega efficient and that's because teams have to free either one of him or Klay seeing how Curry has been playing aggressively. I thank Cavs for winning in December because without it, Curry would have been playing the same way he started the season... .

I couldn't agree less
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 22, 2017
No Gasol, no Parker but the Spurs still paced the Cavs. But for the Q4 meltdown, we would have been talking a double digit win.
What's Cousins beef with that call on Wade? Doesn't he know who D-Wade is grin grin grin
#Legendary
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2017
Decale:

Actually, Westbrook flat out murdered Curry in player and media votes. Westbrook had almost thrice of Curry's votes in both categories. That gave him 25% each = 50%

Curry won the fan votes, 1.7m to 1.5m votes I think, not that wide. This gave him 50% and equal with WB. Fan votes was then used to ice the tie. Margin was not used, you win this category, you get your percentage.

Fan votes are way too biased and should be reduced sef. Last year, Kobe started. This year, Wade and Zaza coulda started

You guys need to stop preaching to the choir. I never said Curry was the MVP this season. I said he deserved to start the All star team based on the metrics the NBA used to get the AST. Even if it was in margins Curry would have won. He had 1.84M votes to RWs 1.5M. That is a hefty margin besides LBJ had just a few thousand votes ahead of Curry. Curry was the 2nd highest voted player this year.

Second, the NBA told you people how to calculate it, what you wrote up there is conjecture. The formula was: fan vote ranking FVR, player vote ranking PVR, media vote ranking MVR

(FVR ×2 + PVR+ MVR)/4.

Curry had 2+3+3 =8/4 =2
Harden had 4+ 2+2=8/4 =2
RW had 6+ 1+1= 8/4 =2

This is how the tie was established (between 3 of them) and as such the "Total fan votes" was now used as the tiebreaker. If you guys want to complain that RW was "cheated". Then your argument should be that James Harden cheated him because Curry was number 1. You hear? If Curry didn't deserve it and he is not top 5 like some people claimed, he only needed to finish 4th in one of the categories but he didn't because the same "unbiased metric" voted him 3rd.

BTW, Fans vote will always count because the All star game is for the fans. That's why those accusing me of being sentimental probably don't know what the word means.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2017
I'm kinda surprised by all the argument here. All star vote has always been for the fans and should remain so. That's the time for the fans to see their favorite stars on the court balling. Curry is a bigger star than Westbrook so what is the issue here. Westbrook is balling this year but fans still want to see Curry ahead of him, simple. Is Irving balling pass Lowry this season? Why are you not talking about Isaiah Thomas?
Simple.... Irving is a bigger star than they are to the fans.

And Curry is playing just fine. Calm down people, he has Durant, Thompson, Green. Just the simple stuff is enough. He's not needed to go over board. Let Westbrook keep doing that he needs it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Decale:

May you not have unwanted babies...

To even think he said let's do simple Maths grin

And he then called Oladipo, has the same career FG% as Westbrook (43%) and one other that averages 5ppg as the shooters. Dear Lord...

Curry will always be loved by the fans, no doubt about it. He has handles that thrills us day and night. However, he's not top rated this season. Everything about him is just down that the guy can't even keep up.
Efficiency, Offensive rating, Steals, FG%, decision making. He has negative +/- in games he shouldn't. The guy is not even in top 30 3Points%, even Eric Gordon schools him in his own department with less attempted. His own fuckïng department.

We all knew Curry would decline a bit probably like Lebron type last season but nope, he went down like the naira to the dollar. Who was it last season that could score 20pts with 10 shots? Now, he takes 20 to score 20. Can't even remember when Curry made 51% of his shots in a game even a blowout. Yes, that bad. Giannis averages less but way more efficient, Durant is having the time of his life but less PPG than his career. We have seen people with 20ppg endlessly not playing well e.g. Harden last season, Wiggins, Love,Lowry this season.

99.9% of NBA fans thought the sacrificial lamb in the Warriors roster will be Klay Thompson. Who would be surprised that the same guy still plays a few notches below last season? Who thought Klay would score 60 points this season? Who thought Klay's offensive rating would still be this high?

Where has Curry dominated this season? No fuckíng clue.

Curry is doing fine, agreed but is no where near the hype he is currently more so for a unanimous MVP.

ManUtd19, you just said Lowry > Irving this season. Not Wall, not Isaiah Thomas but invisible Lowry. Loooooool, Ooh Mpa is out yo

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
@Oohmpa
Lowry is actually the best guard in the east and maybe best player on the raptors (Toronto better pay this guy this off season)
Leads kyrie In all offensive categories and actually plays defense.

The warriors will eventually have to win almost 70 games just to keep the spurs away.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:

And he then called Oladipo, has the same career FG% as Westbrook (43%) and one other that averages 5ppg as the shooters. Dear Lord...

Curry will always be loved by the fans, no doubt about it. He has handles that thrills us day and night. However, he's not top rated this season. Everything about him is just down that the guy can't even keep up.
Efficiency, Offensive rating, Steals, FG%, decision making. He has negative +/- in games he shouldn't. The guy is not even in top 30 3Points%, even Eric Gordon schools him in his own department with less attempted. His own fuckïng department.

We all knew Curry would decline a bit probably like Lebron type last season but nope, he went down like the naira to the dollar. Who was it last season that could score 20pts with 10 shots? Now, he takes 20 to score 20. Can't even remember when Curry made 51% of his shots in a game even a blowout. Yes, that bad. Giannis averages less but way more efficient, Durant is having the time of his life but less PPG than his career. We have seen people with 20ppg endlessly not playing well e.g. Harden last season, Wiggins, Love,Lowry this season.

99.9% of NBA fans thought the sacrificial lamb in the Warriors roster will be Klay Thompson. Who would be surprised that the same guy still plays a few notches below last season? Who thought Klay would score 60 points this season? Who thought Klay's offensive rating would still be this high?

Curry is doing fine, agreed but is no where near the hype he is currently more so for a unanimous MVP.

ManUtd19, you just said Lowry > Irving this season. Not Wall, not Isaiah Thomas but invisible Lowry. Loooooool, Ooh Mpa is out yo

All your points are valid but you are taking too much panadol here.
It doesn't change the fact Curry will start or he'll beat Westbrook in fan votes if in coma throughout the NBA season. Kobe last 2 years come to mind.

Personally, for me WB deserves to start but unless the rules change, he'll always be benched.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
SIRcumalot:
@Oohmpa
Lowry is actually the best guard in the east and maybe best player on the raptors (Toronto better pay this guy this off season)
Leads kyrie In all offensive categories and actually plays defense.

The warriors will eventually have to win almost 70 games just to keep the spurs away.

Bro, just checked. He's killing it. Haven't seen too much of his games since the way he started this season or him in the news.

The guy even trumps their darling Curry. Top 5 PG, okwa ya?

Sorry, ManUtd 19. Blessup!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
Derozan's numbers really going up should have influenced Lowry's negatively but I'm surprised too

Anyway, top PGs for me currently
Harden
WB
Isaiah Thomas
CP3
Wall
Lowry
Curry
Irving

MVPs for me:
Harden
Durant
Leonard

Those 3 in no particular order abeg. They're playing their destinies this season

Then:
Westbrook
Lebron
I. Thomas
Derozan
Giannis
Gasol in that order
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
What poppovich said about trump
I am seriously disgusted, there is a lot of conservative out there that thinks this man can not talk about politics. A war vet, someone who considered joining the CIA... Former intelligence officer...... Disgusting

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
OohMpa:

I love stu.pid people. They are always good for my entertainment.

In one breath you bring up people's percentages who are outdoing Curry in half a season, then when it comes to WB you look for Oladipos numbers per career so you can save face for WB. And you reeled it off quickly to deceive the unsuspecting. We spotted you out.

In another breath you argue someone's percentage is high because he takes only 5 shots per game, but when it comes to Curry his number is incredibly low even when he has the 2nd most 3s attempted yet most made as well as a better % than Eric Gordon. But you came here like WB (i.e without thinking..sorry.. fact checking and typed nonsense). But again, we spotted you.

Lol..everything about Curry is down. Sure. His PPG is 24.6. APG is 6+ Rebounds 4+ all these stats are better than Lowry's, Kyrie's, Walls, CP3s but sure Curry is waaaay down the pecking order. As long as it comes from you, people have to take it. The great DumPha has spoken. But again...we busted you.

Currys PER is down to 23. WBs is up to 30. PER is a function of usage. If a player handles the ball more often than not his PER artificially rises. That's a fact. Why don't we really examine the numbers. 2pt % Russell is in the 40+ % Curry is 54%. 3pt Russell is in the less 30% range while Curry is scraping 40% (despite more attmepts and more shots made). Overall FG RW- 42%, Curry- 46% eFG WB 46% SC- 57%. Curry is not top 40 TOs (turnovers), Russell is turning the ball over 10 times a game only behind Harden. Russell has missed 600+ shots the whole season Curry with his 20 shots per game has not missed that much and is averaging better or just under the PPG when juxtaposed with others who play the same position and take the same number of shots.

Busted again!

Why has KD never been this efficient all his life? It is called the Curry effect. A great player willing to defer to a greater player for the benefit of the team. That's what great players do, they elevate the games of those around them. Curry has not hit 51% this season in any game? Curry hasn't dominated any game? LOL. Curry has 2 40 or more point games this season. 9 30+ games. KD has 11 30+ games and 1 40 point game against OKC. In the last 5 games since Cavs (Dec 25), Curry was top scorer and best player twice(Memphis 40, Por 35)..KD twice and Klay once (against Cavs on the 17th).

Busted....you know the rest.

But you said it yourself- You have no clue. And BTW Gordon is not top 40 in 3 point shooting. Neither is Klay Thompson. And yes even the people with better shooting percentages have shot way less than Curry. And this is a poor Curry season with 163 3s.

Again, this is not about Curry as MVP or anything. He set the bar too high last season so people think his fall has been precipitous. The numbers say they should STFU.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
Curry do get some point for selflessness.
In my hear of hearts I would like for KD to win his ring with GSW and return to OKC but we know that won't happen.we may never see Curry as we see am that last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
I bumped into this excellent article written on sports illustrated about Kawahi Leonard, and would want everyone to read.

http://www.si.com/vault/2016/03/08/island-kawhi

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.