Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630112 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

Little consequence because the game was not close and Heats were ahome. Game 6 was nail-biter because few seconds to go (I believe 3) and Heats take the L. Ray Allen's big 3 gets the game into OT.
It isn't over until it is over.
You were not at home when you wallop the cavs in 15.
The cavs wasn't at home when they won in 16. Game 7 too.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

Suspension makes it 3-2. No way NBA won't push for a game 7 especially when Game 6 is at Ohio. 3 dubious foul calls on Curry early on. Then Cavs ball well and get to is it a 25 point lead that quickly evaporates in the 4th Quarter. LBJ gets a rebound and clearly lands on Curry. LBJ flops as if he has been close-lined. Refs give Curry his 6th foul and eject him. Cavs lead stretches back to 14 and they win the game.

Game 7 was game 7. I am sure you know Draymond outscored every player on the day but nothing is taken from Lebron. His big block on Iggy wins them that game.
This post reminds me of that day. grin

Make una leave Lola. Her love for LBJ wouldn't allow her read and digest your replies..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
Skywalker5:

Yea but GSW did it all by themselves. They did not need to run to Miami to recruit and run back home when the grass was greener . Kobe and Jordan and Duncan did not do that. Lebron is lazy.always looking for shortcuts.

Cavs never had a higher chance of winning the finals against top west team. before Jordan could get gis first ring, he had Pippen with him. Kobe had Pau and Shaq
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
lolawilliams:

Cavs never had a higher chance of winning the finals against top west team. before Jordan could get gis first ring, he had Pippen with him. Kobe had Nash and Shaq
Nash and Kobe? Na osogbo weed you they use

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
LeBron agreed is a great player. After all you wanted has been given to you, the last thing the world needs to hear is complaints. We all have had enough but Lavs fans wouldn't agree. Barkley is right, LeBron and his fans think otherwise. So let's just leave it that way.

Until June, Still holding my 3-1 L... BTW, I'm enjoy the name callings.. LeDouche, Lebum, Leflop, Le2011 gets me everytime. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

Suspension makes it 3-2. No way NBA won't push for a game 7 especially when Game 6 is at Ohio. 3 dubious foul calls on Curry early on. Then Cavs ball well and get to is it a 25 point lead that quickly evaporates in the 4th Quarter. LBJ gets a rebound and clearly lands on Curry. LBJ flops as if he has been close-lined. Refs give Curry his 6th foul and eject him. Cavs lead stretches back to 14 and they win the game.

Game 7 was game 7. I am sure you know Draymond outscored every player on the day but nothing is taken from Lebron. His big block on Iggy wins them that game.
Eruditor you're still reading from the book of excuse nobody is out to get your team.
This reminds me of the 06 finals,how the mavs fan start shouting Illuminati anytime you bring that series up.

Too little to late for draymond,he was great that game.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Donlittle:

I dont know. Ive modified it. He had 3 with Shaq and 2 with Pau
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Eruditor you're still reading from the book of excuse nobody is out to get your team.
This reminds me of the 06 finals,how the mavs fan start shouting Illuminati anytime you bring that series up.

He seems to be reading from the book of 50,000 pages grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
Skywalker5:

hahahaha. Lebron team was not expected to win. Wade, Bosh and Lebron were not expected to win? are you serious? grin grin grin grin

She might have just confirmed LeBron isn't as good as we all thought then if he wasn't expected to win.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

I am sure you know LeBron outscored everyone on the team during finals.

LeBron's block, Irving's clutch and Love stop ended it all. And mizzzbeee went MIA, not a word from her after that grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:
This post reminds me of that day. grin

Make una leave Lola. Her love for LBJ wouldn't allow her read and digest your replies..

Lol. You still dey add salt for pepper. Your Game 7 loss was something i cant explain when all you needed was one of the Trash brothers to explode. but NAH

What they did was put up their second-lowest scoring totals of the playoffs in the biggest game of the year, combining to shoot 12-of-36 from the field and 6-of-24 from three-point land for 31 points, four assists, and seven turnovers.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
lolawilliams:

Lol. You still dey add salt for pepper. Your Game 7 loss was something i cant explain when all you needed was one of the Trash brothers to explode. but NAH

What they did was put up their second-lowest scoring totals of the playoffs in the biggest game of the year, combining to shoot 12-of-36 from the field and 6-of-24 from three-point land for 31 points, four assists, and seven turnovers.
I'm not bothered at all. Since the problem is we had to blow the lead. Lebron's shouting now cos he knows once he's behind there's no coming back. LeBron and Cavs are the ones who's worried cos January stats wasn't about "regular season morale" or needing extra player.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
SIRcumalot:

It isn't over until it is over.
You were not at home when you wallop the cavs in 15.
The cavs wasn't at home when they won in 16. Game 7 too.

The game 7 was close so any heroics Lebron played against GSW would be worthy. If they had won by 35 points and he scored 34 points but 20 of it came after they led by 15 his 20 extra points would have had little consequence.

Now that game 7 against Spurs was not close even though Heats won by 7points so Lebron's 37 points were not as significant as Ray Allen's 3 in game 6.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Anyone can make an excuse that's not the point. Is it valid? That's a good question.

Before 2016 everyone kept claiming GSWs 2015 title came with an asterisk because most teams they met enroute to the final had lost a starter. Fine.

Cavs made noise about how if they could win 2 games without love and Kyrie they would easily beat GSW in a finals so that was what 2016 was to show. Credit to them for getting a W. But the 2015 final was looking easier for GSW than the 2015 one until certain things happened.

Whether you choose to accept those things now is debatable but those are hard facts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
lolawilliams:

I am sure you know LeBron outscored everyone on the team during finals.

LeBron's block, Irving's clutch and Love stop ended it all. And mizzzbeee went MIA, not a word from her after that grin grin

Yes he did mostly because he picked up a lot of points in garbage time in games his team had already lost like in games 1, 2 and 4. Game 4 was funniest because the numbers say he had 25points but like 15 of those points came when it was clear the game was won by GSW and the starters were rested. I am not taking anything away from him and his back to back 40+ point games with this 200 free throws grin. He did well in the finals.

PS: I said Draymond scored the most points in game 7 and not that he out-scored Lebron all series long. Draymond dropped 32 points in that game 7.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2017

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
lolawilliams:

As bad as they were, Lebron needed to block Iggy to keep Cavs in the game with 5 mins to go. You should be very scared. If your 2 best players have the game of their lives and the 2 best players for GSW (at the time) had their worst game yet you won by 5 points what will be your fate when the splash brothers just play a little better than they did last year?

I can give you a hint. 35 point blowout win.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

As bad as they were, Lebron needed to block Iggy to keep Cavs in the game with 5 mins to go. You should be very scared. If your 2 best players have the game of their lives and the 2 best players for GSW (at the time) had their worst game yet you won by 5 points what will be your fate when the splash brothers just play a little better than they did last year?

I can give you a hint. 35 point blowout win.

Okay. I wanna end the argument. You won 35pts in regular season, Your team choked and made history by blowing a 3-1 lead in finals. let's end it
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

The game 7 was close so any heroics Lebron played against GSW would be worthy. If they had won by 35 points and he scored 34 points but 20 of it came after they led by 15 his 20 extra points would have had little consequence.

Now that game 7 against Spurs was not close even though Heats won by 7points so Lebron's 37 points were not as significant as Ray Allen's 3 in game 6.
A single moment doesn't determine one game,a series of moment does. As big as Ray Allen shot was it wouldn't have mattered if his mates weren't fighting back desperately or didn't close out the game.

You premise would've us believe that the other team isn't trying to comeback from being down.

Find game 7 highlight watch,you clearly don forget.imagine say Duncan scored that hook shot wetin Or LeBron didn't score the next few buckets.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eruditor:

Anyone can make an excuse that's not the point. Is it valid? That's a good question.

Before 2016 everyone kept claiming GSWs 2015 title came with an asterisk because most teams they met enroute to the final had lost a starter. Fine.

Cavs made noise about how if they could win 2 games without love and Kyrie they would easily beat GSW in a finals so that was what 2016 was to show. Credit to them for getting a W. But the 2015 final was looking easier for GSW than the 2015 one until certain things happened.

Whether you choose to accept those things now is debatable but those are hard facts.
if we go through the whole game possession by possession we'll see a lot of things that should or shouldn't have been called. how about the chef next time try to stay out of foul trouble?
I was looking for that exact play when I stumbled upon kerr's post game comment saying "they didn't lose the game due to bad officiating but were thoroughly outplayed"
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
SIRcumalot:

A single moment doesn't determine one game,a series of moment does. As big as Ray Allen shot was it wouldn't have mattered if his mates weren't fighting back desperately or didn't close out the game.

You premise would've us believe that the other team isn't trying to comeback from being down.

Find game 7 highlight watch,you clearly don forget.imagine say Duncan scored that hook shot wetin Or LeBron didn't score the next few buckets.

I swear!
You made me remember those last minute blocks by Bosh.

Eruditor has forgotten that Basketball is a team sport.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
lolawilliams:

Lool. His fingers are just attached. he has a complete fingers. lool JR had a surgery.
But they are next to useless nau.

Your boy dey para oh. Just putting everybody on blast

The Cavs are doing point guard/ playmaker Hunger Games grin cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:03am On Feb 01, 2017
Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher still throwing tantrums cheesy
And this happened yesterday..

In Cavs, I thought they needed a playmaker.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Are we still on James' issue? Dude is just obsessed with the superior firepower of a 'plus KD warriors'.
Tonight he would get his veteran ball handler and let's see what difference that makes on the tantrums he throws about.
It would however be very unfair of the Cavs front office if they also waive Chris Anderson to add more cap space.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2017
Can anyone imagine if Dan Gilbert signs Lance Stephenson after the free agent work out?
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
sapiosexual1:

It would however be very unfair of the Cavs front office if they also waive Chris Anderson to add more cap space.

Sapiosexual the sympathizer! grin
If the board thinks waiving Birdman will improve the team, So be it.
There's nothing unfair in that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
@Roland17

Lance is not just a good playmaker but also a good defender. If he can take care of his character and stay healthy, he'll definitely be a good addition to the team.

P.S He's also the youngest among them
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Muna15:
@Roland17

Lance is not just a good playmaker but also a good defender. If he can take care of his character and stay healthy, he'll definitely be a good addition to the team.

P.S He's also the youngest among them

Do you realize he has a history with BRON BRON especially while he was at Indiana? That is my angle..
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Roland17:

Do you realize he has a history with BRON BRON especially while he was at Indiana? That is my angle..

I believe LeBron would remember him more for his defense than his on-court drama.
It's like saying the Cavs won't be interested in Draymond because of his history against LeBron.

I also think he wouldn't have been invited at all if LeBron had said negative things about him.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy Did Sapiosexual say "unfair"?

Bron Bron just threw almost all his teammates under the bus for just January loss alone you think he'll give AF if Anderson is sent off?? This is Cavs. LeBron and Comfort is like 5&6. He would get that playmaker cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
SmooshCHN:
cheesy cheesy Did Sapiosexual say "unfair"?

Bron Bron just threw almost all his teammates under the bus for just January loss alone you think he'll give AF if Anderson is sent off?? This is Cavs. LeBron and Comfort is like 5&6. He would get that playmaker cheesy
And the playmaker would contribute fvck all to the team's fortunes.
Putting things in perspective, who did it worse, the tantrum thrown by D-Wade and that by LeBron?

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.