Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629940 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
sapiosexual1:

And the playmaker would contribute fvck all to the team's fortunes.
Putting things in perspective, who did it worse, the tantrum thrown by D-Wade and that by LeBron?

Equal but at least one of them is majorly responsible for his team's top seeded position and recent fortune.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
Eruditor:

Equal but at least one of them is majorly responsible for his team's top seeded position and recent fortune.
loooooooool, Issok.
The fear of failure on LBJ is soo thick it can be cut through with a knife.
Dude is gonna drive himself nuts if the Cavs get blown away in the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
sapiosexual1:

And the playmaker would contribute fvck all to the team's fortunes.
Putting things in perspective, who did it worse, the tantrum thrown by D-Wade and that by LeBron?
Lebron's hustle makes sense. BTW, he's the first in the building already doing shoot around cheesy and I'm wondering "is it not timberwolves?" Abi he dey fear them too?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
sapiosexual1:

loooooooool, Issok.
The fear of failure on LBJ is soo thick it can be cut through with a knife.
Dude is gonna drive himself nuts if the Cavs get blown away in the playoffs.

Except they can get KD, Curry, Isaiah Thomas, Giannis, John Wall or another Lebron, they ain't winning sh**.

In fact barring an Injury to any of the top 4 in GSW, we get Cavs in the finals, we are sweeping them.

GSWs only issue will be a 7 game series against Spurs. That's what it looks like while Cavs may sweep almost everyone enroute to getting to the Finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Lebron's hustle makes sense. BTW, he's the first in the building already doing shoot around cheesy and I'm wondering "is it not timberwolves?" Abi he dey rear them too?

They want to make a "statement". I don't mind it. They only beat us when we mess up ourselves- never really about what they do. So if they like let them get Russell Westbrook.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Lebron's hustle makes sense. BTW, he's the first in the building already doing shoot around cheesy and I'm wondering "is it not timberwolves?" Abi he dey rear them too?
Yeah right. Yeah, Wolves wey still fit beat them ba?
Make we dey watch , it'd be good to see how personal Andrew Wiggins takes this game. He has a point to prove
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
Eruditor:

Except they can get KD, Curry, Isaiah Thomas, Giannis, John Wall or another Lebron, they ain't winning sh**.

In fact barring an Injury to any of the top 4 in GSW, we get Cavs in the finals, we are sweeping them.

GSWs only issue will be a 7 game series against Spurs. That's what it looks like while Cavs may sweep almost everyone enroute to getting to the Finals.
I'm confident that any of Houston or GSW that wins the West would down the Cavs.
Spurs? I have serious doubt about them.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Yeah right. Yeah, Wolves wey still fit beat them ba?
Make we dey watch , it'd be good to see how personal Andrew Wiggins takes this game. He has a point to prove
I think the Cavs have this but 3 hours early to shoot around before the game for Wolves just got me laughing..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
Eruditor:

They want to make a "statement". I don't mind it. They only beat us when we mess up ourselves- never really about what they do. So if they like let them get Russell Westbrook.
Wolves to make a statement cheesy I hope they get that playmaker tho. So there won't be excuses

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:07am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

I'm confident that any of Houston or GSW that wins the West would down the Cavs.
Spurs? I have serious doubt about them.
Why do you have doubts about the spurs?
If you no mind say I ask.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:15am On Feb 02, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Why do you have doubts about the spurs? If you no mind say I ask.
Lol. Warriors fans ehn.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:57am On Feb 02, 2017
That was a statement W against the Raptors. Isaiah Thomas is a beast, my goodness!!!
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 02, 2017
Roland17:
That was a statement W against the Raptors. Isaiah Thomas is a beast, my goodness!!!
#greenrunsdeep
Easy man, with Demar DeRozan out, this was defo a no contest. Thomas is good though, very good.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:22am On Feb 02, 2017
Curry 11 3 pointers in 30 mins, Let's see if he is going to break his own record
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 02, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Why do you have doubts about the spurs?
If you no mind say I ask.
Experience aside, the aging Spurs with their overall slow play would not be able to last a 7 game series against an explosive Cavs who probably won their ECF in 5games .
Pick and roll may take them just as far, but against the Cavs, I think perimeter shots with a big man at the board would be just fine.
Last last, who would be asked to guard James? I can't pick any single player in the rooster who James wouldn't have for toast. Spurs would just be gifting James his 4th ring, the easiest one he would ever win.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 02, 2017
ipledge10:
Curry 11 3 pointers in 30 mins, Let's see if he is going to break his own record
He definitely will. Play off mode activated.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 02, 2017
The big story for me though is how the Heat are powering back from the brink of nonentity to near playoff contention.
It's a really remarkable story, what Dion Waiters and Goran Dragic are doing. Long may it last.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

He definitely will. Play off mode activated.
kerr has done his usual, maybe he doesn't want his players to lose focus while chasing records.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:48am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Experience aside, the aging Spurs with their overall slow play would not be able to last a 7 game series against an explosive Cavs who probably won their ECF in 5games .
Pick and roll may take them just as far, but against the Cavs, I think perimeter shots with a big man at the board would be just fine.
Last last, who would be asked to guard James? I can't pick any single player in the rooster who James wouldn't have for toast. Spurs would just be gifting James his 4th ring, the easiest one he would ever win.
Kawhi will shut down Queen James. This wouldn't be the first time.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:13am On Feb 02, 2017
The Human Cheat Code.. Chef keeps working

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:00am On Feb 02, 2017
SmooshCHN:
The Human Cheat Code.. Chef keeps working

But I told them the boy has looked different since Dec 25th 2016. He got his groove back it was clear as crystal. Even when he dropped only 20 against Cavs the boy looked sharp and aggressive. I was seeing the signs but people thought I wasn't being objective.

This is another game he would have broken a record if he cared about it.

God keep Chef in this health and mode in June. Let me see how he won't get a 2nd ring.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:04am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Kawhi can do a job on Bron but it may affect his own numbers on the other end and he seems to be their main scorer these days.

Well, nothwithstanding, they have Gregg and he is another cheat code in terms of managers. He always conjures something up to do a job when he needs it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2017
Mynd44:

Kawhi will shut down Queen James. This wouldn't be the first time.
It's not Friday yet but this is good banter grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 02, 2017
Eruditor:

Kawhi can do a job on Bron but it may affect his own numbers on the other end and he seems to be their main scorer these days.

Well, nothwithstanding, they have Gregg and he is another cheat code in terms of managers. He always conjures something up to do a job when he needs it.
Yeah like he did last season, and the season before that. Yeah, yeah.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:13am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

It your opinion.
I would rather play the rockets ( playoffs basketball is another beast and slower too) but then this larriors go think say pesin they fear. wink
I no need mention who go guard Bron again.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:19am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:
The big story for me though is how the Heat are powering back from the brink of nonentity to near playoff contention.
It's a really remarkable story, what Dion Waiters and Goran Dragic are doing. Long may it last.
you no wan get better draft pick ni?
Or is it your 2017 pick you traded away for Goran?

looking at your response to my other question am guessing you don't think Kawhi can guard bron effectively?
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Loooool. Cavs would rather not play Spurs. In fact, Spurs would avoid Spurs in the playoffs.

Curry is having that week...
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:39am On Feb 02, 2017
OohMpa:

Loooool. Cavs would rather not play Spurs. In fact, Spurs would avoid Spurs in the playoffs.

Curry is having that week...
can't deny that last part anymore,15-16 MVP curry is starting to show face again.

how the Clippers parole dey go? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 8:47am On Feb 02, 2017
SIRcumalot:

can't deny that last part anymore,15-16 MVP curry is starting to show face again.

how the Clippers parole dey go? cheesy

Those Clippers can't be relied on. See how Griffin played a monster game tonight. The next game, he is out for 3 decades.

Then, CP3 is back and playing like MVP; everything is rosey. After one loss, he's missing from the team for 4 eclipses, 4 Igbo market days and after Beyoncé gives birth to her twins

Mehn...angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
Eruditor:

But I told them the boy has looked different since Dec 25th 2016. He got his groove back it was clear as crystal. Even when he dropped only 20 against Cavs the boy looked sharp and aggressive. I was seeing the signs but people thought I wasn't being objective.

This is another game he would have broken a record if he cared about it.

God keep Chef in this health and mode in June. Let me see how he won't get a 2nd ring.
He's on MVP mode.. I don't care if he continues this way.. Hope he stays healthy for the playoffs that's all.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
SIRcumalot:

It your opinion.
I would rather play the rockets ( playoffs basketball is another beast and slower too) but then this larriors go think say pesin they fear. wink
I no need mention who go guard Bron again.
Hehehhh, talk true, you dey fear.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
SIRcumalot:
you no wan get better draft pick ni?
Or is it your 2017 pick you traded away for Goran?

looking at your response to my other question am guessing you don't think Kawhi can guard bron effectively?
I no be Heat fan jor. I'm just impressed with their remarkable come back .
And yes, I think Kawhi cannot effectively guard James. No one on the rooster can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.