Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,699 members, 7,813,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1622177 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (2206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

I no be Heat fan jor. I'm just impressed with their remarkable come back .
And yes, I think Kawhi cannot effectively guard James. No one on the rooster can.
The current DPOY.

Looooool

These jokes write themselves
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mynd44:

The current DPOY.

Looooool

These jokes write themselves
And James is the current wannabe right?
Clap for yourself, let's just have a laugh together grin grin
Seems you chose to delete the key word there :
effective
Re: The NBA Begins by zopaks: 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Stephen Curry : 27.8 PPG, 6.9 APG and 4.5 RPG

Kevin Durant: 27.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG and 4.6 APG

Isaiah Thomas : 32.9 PPG, 49.7 FG%, 43.2 3PT%

Those three are the players of the month.... well deserved I believe

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:03am On Feb 03, 2017
zopaks:
Stephen Curry : 27.8 PPG, 6.9 APG and 4.5 RPG

Kevin Durant: 27.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG and 4.6 APG

Isaiah Thomas : 32.9 PPG, 49.7 FG%, 43.2 3PT%

Those three are the players of the month.... well deserved I believe
Yes, well deserved..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Yeah like he did last season, and the season before that. Yeah, yeah.

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
We were undermanned as was The Clippers. No West, Livingston, Draymond and Zaza but we thoroughly outplayed them. I can effectively say they are totally out.

On the other hand, Rockets seem to be in free fall. They fluffed a 20 point lead against the Hawks and at this juncture they don't look like a match for GSW anymore. I know Playoffs is another kettle of fish but I think that applies more to Houston than GSW.

As for Spurs, I am still observing them keenly but March would provide the 2nd test in which we could fully gauge how far we have come since season-opener.

Anyways, I typed all this to hide the fact that Curry has 200 3s this term making him the first NBA player in history to make at least 200 threes in 5 seasons. Yea, and his 3P% is at 41. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Warriors waive Anderson Varejao embarassed
10 day contract for D-League Near quadruple monster..

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 04, 2017
I'm in my room yelling Yogi, please trade Deron and get some picks
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2017
Donlittle:
I'm in my room yelling Yogi, please trade Deron and get some picks

What has gotten into Mavs, Heat and Wizards of late?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
OohMpa:

What has gotten into Mavs, Heat and Wizards of late?
Oohmpa, i will say if rick carlirse gets dallas into the playoffs with Yogi, Seth, Mejri, and these D league players into the playoffs, i will have him as the coach of the year. Incredible thing

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
My problem is this cannot be a future starting backcourt, players are just too small. Yogi is 6.0 inches, Seth curry is 6'2. They will get bullied against bigger back-courts
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
A40:

The boy straight up doesn't turn the ball over. Overall the poor start was unfortunate. The good thing is its still open. The playoffs are still reachable. The defense is good and they bring it every night if the offense can improve.

The Cavs have nothing to offer that's worth Deron Williams. They can have Devin Harris though
Heard dallas want shumpert and a pick. Don't know if lebron will be willing to part with defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
SuperBowl is around the corner Lady and Felas. Who have you got?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Zach Levine out for the season due to turn ACL. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:58am On Feb 05, 2017
The Mavs have agreed a 2 year contract with Yogi..

The city of Indiana should be proud of this kid, he earned the contract. An undrafted 4 year kid from Indiana University, i watched alot of his games in the NCAA (You guys should watch some college basketball also). He was king in Indiana and i was beyond surprised he was undrafted. I guess it has everything to do with his height.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 05, 2017
Roland17:
The Mavs have agreed a 2 year contract with Yogi..

The city of Indiana should be proud of this kid, he earned the contract. An undrafted 4 year kid from Indiana University, i watched alot of his games in the NCAA (You guys should watch some college basketball also). He was king in Indiana and i was beyond surprised he was undrafted. I guess it has everything to do with his height.

ol boy, the whole draft thingy to me deals with a whole lot of luck, only teams like spurs have been able to get value from their 2nd round drafts, but then again, A team drafted Thomas 59th if i am right? He played well for them at some point and they still let go of him, Phoenix passed on him too, thank goodness he found a home in boston.

I just they wonder if Yogi can turn into something like that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 05, 2017
Roland17 how good is Yogi defense though? the guy small you know, just hoping him defense go dey okay wella
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:21am On Feb 05, 2017
Donlittle:
Roland17 how good is Yogi defense though? the guy small you know, just hoping him defense go dey okay wella

Yogi's physical stats makes him vulnerable defensively. Last night with the game on the line, Rick burnt some time outs to get him out when the Mavs had to defend, infact, they almost lost possession in the last minute when he tried to inbound the ball. It would be best to keep him away from the pick and roll, the Mavs can take a cue from Brad Stevens who often keeps IT away from pick and roll.

However, smaller players do have an advantage to steal balls considering they are closer to the ground. they are able to read the bounce and reach faster.

I hope Yogi can gradually develop the courage to attack the paint like IT, CP3 and Bledsoe do. He needs to develop that aspect of his game so he does not become a predictable 3 point/ jump shooter. Smaller players have a tough task in the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Interesting game going on with the Kings. Clutch time on display
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Kings did us dirty grin

And thanks to these refs for reviving NBA ratings undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2017
You can pay through school but you cant buy class

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Kings did us dirty grin

You got what you deserved. Durant had one his worst shooting nights. Curry too, missed some decisive buckets.
And Kerr. ..... What did he smoke pre-game? He sure had over dose of it
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Kings did us dirty grin

NBA showing again that they are the best team in the league because when they want a team to lose- the team loses.

My only concern if anything is, Why do we stink in OT this season? We have lost all games that went into OT this season.

Anyways nothing spoil. Still on course for 70 games but we don't care.

My prayers are with Zach Levine. I wish him full recovery.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2017
sapiosexual1:

You got what you deserved. Durant had one his worst shooting nights. Curry too, missed some decisive buckets.

That's not why they lost. After all despite KDs rare poor shooting night we still lost by just 3. Things that were clear deciders will be all the fictitious foul calls refs started giving the home team as the game started slipping away from them. Really, this thing is for ratings. They already said they hated super-teams (the commissioner did) and he gave his reasons. We are just seeing subtle ways of executing how to stifle super-teams.

Credit kings though.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:17am On Feb 05, 2017
sapiosexual1:

You didn't watch the match so undecided

Basketball shooting night means the refs are supposed to call unnecessary fouls and the coach is just supposed to allow.
Any basketball fan who watched the game knows it's less of poor shooting and more of horrible officiating.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2017
Eruditor:

NBA showing again that they are the best team in the league because when they want a team to lose- the team loses.

My only concern if anything is, Why do we stink in OT this season? We have lost all games that went into OT this season.

Anyways nothing spoil. Still on course for 70 games but we don't care.

My prayers are with Zach Levine. I wish him full recovery.
I guess he knew he wasn't in good condition that's why he declined the dunk contest. I hope he comes back strong.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2017
How curry take miss that layup ?
Few games now KD look like Barnes;Curry plays to his full potential. Before,na the other way round and curry was just okay by his standard. Kerr still get work.

@chic2pimp: Atlanta,Tom Brady don too win.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:46am On Feb 05, 2017
chic2pimp:
SuperBowl is around the corner Lady and Felas. Who have you got?

Lool. This game is hard to predict, but i think Pats would win. Hope you're not one of those millions of people betting on Falcons to win cause people go cry today grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:48am On Feb 05, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Few games now KD look like Barnes;Curry plays to his full potential. Before,na the other way round and curry was just okay by his standard. Kerr still get work.

@chic2pimp: Atlanta,Tom Brady don too win.
He put the ball too high or he would've been blocked. cheesy he should've dunked that shît but Chef no dey dunk. KD has always been phenomenal except for close games

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Curry being Curry grin, Russ would dunk that.
Boogie tho, that boy schooled Green grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I guess he knew he wasn't in good condition that's why he declined the dunk contest. I hope he comes back strong.

Yea man. I was surprised to hear he declined it that's why his injury is painful to me. It felt like a premonition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (2206) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.