Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627314 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 20, 2017
This thing is ridiculous, this is my first time tuning in during the All star weekend, not watching it anymore till they do something to the game. Abnormal.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 20, 2017
Boogie is out of Sacramento.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:23am On Feb 20, 2017
lolawilliams:
LeBron 1-1 from half court, Curry 0-10. he should have been the one shooting for the Craig Sager half mill last night. The so called best shooter in the world missed like 10 in a row!!! Epic

grin grin
grin grin you can hate for the world. Well I didn't watch the match so nothing to say to you
Re: The NBA Begins by realnas(m): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2017
The Sacramento Kings have boogie to the pelicans for Tyreke Evans, buddy hield and a first round draft pick my goodness boogie and AD playing on the same team?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:49am On Feb 20, 2017
Donlittle:
Boogie is out of Sacramento.
I love this cheesy These teams trade players anyhow without warning.. But when a player leaves he's called something else. I'm happy for Anthony Davis..
More drama for the media

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

About LeBron ever saying pierce isn't his rival before the two rings,show me some link and I'll believe you.
I can't just take your word for it.

Oga, I said Lebron never answered that question till 2013. He was always answering it with the same "Kobe is not my rival" "Y is not my rival" etc.

SIRcumalot:

What is This KD analogy?
When Kobe was asked if he saw LeBron as a rival what was his response?
Did it stop Kobe Vs bron argument from raging all over internet boards.
So if a player comment don't define a rival why does it matter what Bron says ?
You will draw your conclusion,we only ask to do the same.

If you read the link on Paul Pierce you'd see LBJ say Kobe and him are not rivals because they never played in the playoffs- and that he defined rivalries based on post-season matchups. Ok. 2014, same Lebron that had played Spurs back to back in finals claimed they were not his rivals even if he had played them twice with the same team. Again, now GSW and CAVS have played back to back and he claims no rivalry exists yet that was his criteria when it came to P.P. Hope you get me now. He is changing the rule midway. I guess if he was ever to beat GSW in another final to make the head to head 2-1, he would immediately say they are his rivals when asked the same question. Typical LBJ.

SIRcumalot:

If he made that comment AFTER the 2015 finals that would be insecure and a bit petty.
He said it somewhere between the series that is the truth.
This same LeBron that Is being labelled as "Insecure" now.
Said in an interview after two MVP and a final appearance that "Kobe is the best player in the league".

"Oju aye" I think that's what yorubas call it. Same LBJ when he was asked how to guard Steph Curry in 2014/15 finals said "same way you guard me". When the journalist pushed forward by asking "so how do they guard you?" He retorted "That's the point, I am unguardable". Yes, that was until GSW beat them in that finals, until NBA started calling Steph the face of the NBA or when KG said Steph is influencing the game just like Jordan did. Bron hears that and immediately GSW stop being CAVS rivals etc.

SIRcumalot:

Barkley attacked his competitive spirit that is big to these guys he had support even from your team on that issue. I like Barkley so I wasn't cool with that talk.

So Barkley's attack on LBJs competitive spirit is enough to upturn his legacy? It is enough to make us forget his numinous 2016 NBA finals performance? Enough to make us forget his 4 MVPs and 3 finals MVPs and his stats?

You are making my case for me. That's hyper-insecurity.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

The kings is in California same place as the clippers,warriors and the Lakers why is it not as valuable?

its not the same place. you might want to look at the map of cali again to see how big it is - google map la to sac. Even in northern california, Sacramento s NOT silicon valley. American cities even within a state are far apart in distance and culture. And they dont "share" wealth the way Nigeria or some other country will. In fact, te state capitals tend to be lesser developed that the main city in any US state. Sacramento is no exception.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Demarcus cousin to New orleans? . I dont understand that trade
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
The fúck y'all saying?? I've been a Pelicans fan since Feb 2017 cheesy

There's rumours Chris Paul will be going home to New Orleans as well.

LeBron taught us all, KD and Warriors perfected the art.. New Orleans are going legendary and taking it to another level cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
grin.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ronaldinho meeting with the Nba stars... So class smiley smiley smiley

https://www.facebook.com/nba/videos/10154891793718463/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eruditor:

Oga, I said Lebron never answered that question till 2013. He was always answering it with the same "Kobe is not my rival" "Y is not my rival" etc.

If you read the link on Paul Pierce you'd see LBJ say Kobe and him are not rivals because they never played in the playoffs- and that he defined rivalries based on post-season matchups. Ok. 2014, same Lebron that had played Spurs back to back in finals claimed they were not his rivals even if he had played them twice with the same team. Again, now GSW and CAVS have played back to back and he claims no rivalry exists yet that was his criteria when it came to P.P. Hope you get me now. He is changing the rule midway. I guess if he was ever to beat GSW in another final to make the head to head 2-1, he would immediately say they are his rivals when asked the same question. Typical LBJ.

"Oju aye" I think that's what yorubas call it. Same LBJ when he was asked how to guard Steph Curry in 2014/15 finals said "same way you guard me". When the journalist pushed forward by asking "so how do they guard you?" He retorted "That's the point, I am unguardable". Yes, that was until GSW beat them in that finals, until NBA started calling Steph the face of the NBA or when KG said Steph is influencing the game just like Jordan did. Bron hears that and immediately GSW stop being CAVS rivals etc.

So Barkley's attack on LBJs competitive spirit is enough to upturn his legacy? It is enough to make us forget his numinous 2016 NBA finals performance? Enough to make us forget his 4 MVPs and 3 finals MVPs and his stats?

You are making my case for me. That's hyper-insecurity.

I don follow the league for sometime now and I can't remember when bron was asked this question. If anything,it is Paul that would be faced with this kain question because for awhile bron was the challenger.
That is why I need some verification.

I see what you're saying now.
Bron only admits to a rivalry when he has the edge.
But you can see right from that post you directed me to that bron admitted to some rival with Paul from a losing position.(the quote after the game).
it would have mattered if he said there is a rivalry in the first place. He never did.
He paid curry a compliment with the unguardable comment and that is somehow a bad thing.
He always says nice things about but the warriors but their is a limit to what can be said.
All this doesn't matter because their is a rivalry between the cars and warriors now.

That rant would sound hollow if Bron wasn't coming from a place of strength. you see insecurity,I see Confidence.
He has never lashed out any of this "old in my days media type" before,so he defended himself and (KD inadvertently,you're welcome).
After years of taking it from them.Miami bron would never say stuff like that even after the two titles
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
The fúck y'all saying?? I've been a Pelicans fan since Feb 2017 cheesy

There's rumours Chris Paul will be going home to New Orleans as well.

LeBron taught us all, KD and Warriors perfected the art.. New Orleans are going legendary and taking it to another level cheesy

The Pels might not be able to resign DMC come the off season
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
birdman:

its not the same place. you might want to look at the map of cali again to see how big it is - google map la to sac. Even in northern california, Sacramento s NOT silicon valley. American cities even within a state are far apart in distance and culture. And they dont "share" wealth the way Nigeria or some other country will. In fact, te state capitals tend to be lesser developed that the main city in any US state. Sacramento is no exception.
I was kinda hoping you would confirm my pet theory:
Which is that the warriors valued increase and the kings is what it is,because of the fake kings fans that join the warriors wagon.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
Am still wondering why Celtics never dropped some of those numerous assets for cousins.
Are they already trying to draft Isiah Thomas replacement me no understand.
The pelicans got cousins for cheap,especially if cousins taste post season success he may re-sign with them.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Am still wondering why Celtics never dropped some of those numerous assets for cousins.
The pelicans got cousins for cheap,especially if cousins taste post season success he may re-sign with them.

You never know what u are getting with DMC, He has great upside and even greater downside to his game

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I swear Lola is glitching cheesy
If she picks her top 10 PG, you won't see Curry in top 5..

I wouldn't rate Curry a top 5 PG this season honestly...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Are you serious? Hell no.... As much as i love Cousins, i don't need him in our locker room. He is a parasite with a repulsive attitude capable of disintegrating a locker room, especially a young one like ours.

The right trade would happen with the right circumstance. I believe in Danny Ainge's intelligence and ability to attract the right free agent. The Celtics have the best environment and opportunity for any superstar free agent, and we hold the aces.

Truthfully, i have no idea how the pelicans would handle Cousins on the court. I think this was a situation where Sacramento were done with Cousins and wanted him out irrespective of the team. The Kings can now start rebuilding through the draft, as Cousins has impeded their ability to build this roster.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I was kinda hoping you would confirm my pet theory:
Which is that the warriors valued increase and the kings is what it is,because of the fake kings fans that join the warriors wagon.

value and popularity are not the same thing. besides even if all sac town fans defected to GS, it would not make a dent in GS fan base. SF/oakland is a cultural mecca. Sac Town is an administrative "town" in comparison

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
tempting trade for the pelicans - two skilled bigs on the court has crazy potential. If cousins doesnt self implode first
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
birdman:
tempting trade for the pelicans - two skilled bigs on the court has crazy potential. If cousins doesnt self implode first

I am thinking 86 Rockets or 99 Spurs. The potential is crazy but Cousins is an oaf.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
Decale:

I wouldn't rate Curry a top 5 PG this season honestly...

You would. You are only comparing him to last season hence the chagrin.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
birdman:

value and popularity are not the same thing. besides even if all sac town fans defected to GS, it would not make a dent in GS fan base. SF/oakland is a cultural mecca. Sac Town is an administrative "town" in comparison
You're not letting me shitpost proper mehn wink
All this fact is ruining my carefully thoughtout theory.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Roland17:

Are you serious? Hell no.... As much as i love Cousins, i don't need him in our locker room. He is a parasite with a repulsive attitude capable of disintegrating a locker room, especially a young one like ours.

The right trade would happen with the right circumstance. I believe in Danny Ainge's intelligence and ability to attract the right free agent. The Celtics have the best environment and opportunity for any superstar free agent, and we hold the aces.

Truthfully, i have no idea how the pelicans would handle Cousins on the court. I think this was a situation where Sacramento were done with Cousins and wanted him out irrespective of the team. The Kings can now start rebuilding through the draft, as Cousins has impeded their ability to build this roster.

I think this is the right circumstance but that is just me and am aware of the risk.
Who is the target now PG13 ?
Or maybe Butler.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I think this is the right circumstance but that is just me and am aware of the risk.
Who is the target now PG13 ?

The risks of trading for Cousins far out weigh the possible benefit for us. The team chemistry in the roster has peaked and it is buttressed in their position on the log and how hard they work during games.

There are talks about Butler, and PG13 who i believe would be a better fit for the Celtics. The reason the Kings made this trade is not far fetched, even though they may not get the expected financial compensation.

The pelicans would have to pay Cousins close to $200M, if they chose to resign Boogie. is it worth it? well, time will tell. I thought the Pelicans should have pursued PG13 with that money.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Skywalker5:
Demarcus cousin to New orleans? . I dont understand that trade

Don't worry, brother! You'll understand when they get that 8th seed. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
addempsea:

The Pels might not be able to resign DMC come the off season
You took me serious?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
Muna15:

Don't worry, brother! You'll understand when they get that 8th seed. grin

Yea but Demarcus? I hope he fits in though.good thing new Orleans are trying to get someone for Davis.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Skywalker5:

Yea but Demarcus? I hope he fits in though.good thing new Orleans are trying to get someone for Davis.

The Pelicans would have to move Davis to the power forward position, and Cousins as the Center. I think it gives Davis the opportunity and freedom to improve other aspects of his game.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eruditor:

Ofcourse you know I am not. I was indirectly suggesting 2 things:

1. That he was playing mind games with his response
2. That he doesn't decide what makes a rivalry (my message to Sapio)

This dude has a history of talking this way. I am surprised his groupies don't know this. He also said GSW and CAVS aren't rivals.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/17/14295910/lebron-james-rivalry-history-cavs-vs-warriors

So it is really not about greatness. After all, how great is Paul Pierce (in terms of MVPs let alone finals MVPs) yet Bron thought Paul was his greatest rival in the NBA.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-says-paul-pierce-is-his-biggest-rival/

This is the same Lebron that wore an Ultimate Warrior shirt after the finals and claimed his wife packed it for him and that Champagne stained his other shirt so he decided to wear it. You and I know he would rather go shirtless than wear an I-love-Phil-Jackson shirt so why wear the Ultimate Warrior shirt? Yet he gave a flimsy reason.

That diva just loves the attention. Warriors are not rivals yet he is holding the Cavs and Dan Gilbert hostage. We have forgotten dinosaurs like Kirk Hinrich, Mario Chalmers even Gilbert Arenas playing Hunger Games just to be backup point

You have to give LeFlop credit sha. Since the Finals loss to the Mavs he has mastered the art of manipulating the media and controlling the narrative. Now he is essentially playing with house money thanks to the Warriors failing to handle their bidness. They made a mighty struggle of winning their first title and blew their second. K.D to the Warriors means a chance to enhance the legacy further and even if the Cavs lose it would still be an argument of 4 All-stars teaming to beat just Lebron. Of course no one would point to the Cavs having the most expensive roster in history. Anyway na Golden State I blame for this arifin tbh
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
Skywalker5:

It would be interesting to see those two bigs dominate the paint against your team in the playoffs.

I pray they make the 8th seed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eruditor:

You would. You are only comparing him to last season hence the chagrin.

Nope. Still won't regardless of his numbers

Can you tell me which PG Curry is more consistent or have more impact than?

Wall, Thomas, WB, Harden are carrying their teams like crazy. Lowry held the Raptors steady in deRozan's absence. CP3 is CP3 and Kyrie (who Curry may be better than) has saved Cavs more this season than Curry.

Curry can go 10 games missing and Warriors would still win. But once those PGs up there play bad, the whole team does.

Curry is still good. I adore him and love it when he's on fire but without the MVP to his name, he's having a Kemba Walker peak season.

Analysts, pundits and common twitter followers rarely put him in top 5 PG this season. I've seen a lot of list and Curry hardly makes the cut.

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils, kendrick9(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.