Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632339 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

Lool. I think the rivalry is between both teams and not between The king and Curry. Curry isnt even the hottest player in his team, He's not an all round player, a whole lot of people would even pick John Wall over Curry

Curry can't even be compared to anyone back in the days, He doesnt seem to look like a shooter who would shoot for long like Ray Allen or Reggie Miller.

And i don't even think a Cleveland-Warriors rivalry would be taken serious like the Celtics-lakers only if they can make it happen for 6 or more years. Bird and Magic reached the height of their racial signifying many white fans sided with the Celtics and black fans with the Lakers. That was one hell of a rivalry
Yeah sure, I've never been convinced with Curry as the team leader. Unlike LeBron, he doesn't seem to have the charisma and grit required to carry a championship team.
When the chips are down, i'd rather they make Durant the 'go-to' guy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
sapiosexual1:

And what's it with James playing down the rivalry with Curry? Abeg there is rivalry jor, hot one sef. Maybe not at the level of 'Bird-Magic as he said, but there surely is a rivalry.

First exhibit, you say there is a rivalry. A hot one sef. Then later you change and say something about team leadership. That's even too extreme for bipolar disorders.

The level of Bird and Magic is it the fact that they are the same height? Got drafted the same time? Attracted about the same crowd? I am asking because if it is about rings even from NCAA Johnson leads 3-1 but the NBA still calls it a rivalry.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
Roland17:

Playing down a rivalry with Curry is Bron Bron's subtle way of saying he is not convinced Curry has earned the right or acclaimed status to be his rival, especially after last seasons triumph over the Warriors.
#myopinion

Playing down GSW vs CAVS rivalry was it also Bron Bron's way of saying he is not convinced GSW has earned the right or acclaimed status to be CAVS rival especially after last season's triumph over the Warriors?

#MyQuestion
cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:45am On Feb 19, 2017
stanway:
stephnie curry is just a shadow of his former self,miss all three pointers frm the half court what a choke artist of the year.

Lol. Why didn't the crowd egg Eric Gordon to shoot the 3 point from half-court too since he is the 3-point artist of the year?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

Lool. I think the rivalry is between both teams and not between The king and Curry. Curry isnt even the hottest player in his team, He's not an all round player, a whole lot of people would even pick John Wall over Curry

Only thing worth responding to here as the rest are garbage.

1. Lebron said Warriors are not CAVS' rivals as well but you didn't see it because it wasn't posted on the stat sheet.

2. John Wall is an all-round player? Isaiah Thomas? Russell Westbrook? Chris Paul? John Stockton? Kyrie? Are they all all-round players?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
Eruditor:

First exhibit, you say there is a rivalry. A hot one sef. Then later you change and say something about team leadership. That's even too extreme for bipolar disorders........
Bros e be like say na you pastor direct his Sunday sermon to. Take it out on a pole if e pain you too much. grin
Go through my post again, first post was stating the obvious. The Cavs is synonymous with LeBron James while the Warriors is synonymous with Steph Curry. Is there a rivalry between both clubs? Yes! The magnitude is debatable though, but any rivalry between both clubs is automatically a rivalry between both superstars.
The rivalry between both clubs has been in black and white over the past 3yrs.(this season inclusive). Even demonstrated on this forum whenever both clubs match-up.
The second post was stating my personal opinion. I have said it time and again that I don't consider Curry as a team leader for the Warriors. I have always questioned his mental toughness. That's my "one man's point of view."

The level of Bird and Magic is it the fact that they are the same height? Got drafted the same time? Attracted about the same crowd? I am asking because if it is about rings even from NCAA Johnson leads 3-1 but the NBA still calls it a rivalry.

Next time if you wanna question the annals of history, do it more politely. I didn't write history, history wrote itself.
Rivalry isn't by how many titles won, it's alot more than that including media hype, game intensity, fandom, fanatism, team pride etc.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

Curry can't even be compared to anyone back in the days, He doesnt seem to look like a shooter who would shoot for long like Ray Allen or Reggie Miller.

And i don't even think a Cleveland-Warriors rivalry would be taken serious like the Celtics-lakers only if they can make it happen for 6 or more years. Bird and Magic reached the height of their racial signifying many white fans sided with the Celtics and black fans with the Lakers. That was one hell of a rivalry
A whole lot of people are picking wall over curry? Do you watch the back of TV or the side? Someone that players are guarding when he crosses half court is someone you are saying John wall gets picked over? John wall that can't shoot to save his life. Okay o. I don hear am for here finish
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Yeah sure, I've never been convinced with Curry as the team leader. Unlike LeBron, he doesn't seem to have the charisma and grit required to carry a championship team.
When the chips are down, i'd rather they make Durant the 'go-to' guy.
that's like saying because dallas, spurs, and even warriors beat the shit out of LeBron in the finals. He isn't a team leader. Believe it or not, curry is the spark plug of that team, and without him they aren't going anywhere
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:
A whole lot of people are picking wall over curry? Do you watch the back of TV or the side? Someone that players are guarding when he crosses half court is someone you are saying John wall gets picked over? John wall that can't shoot to save his life. Okay o. I don hear am for here finish
Lol lol lol comical angry grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:
that's like saying because dallas, spurs, and even warriors beat the shit out of LeBron in the finals. He isn't a team leader. Believe it or not, curry is the spark plug of that team, and without him they aren't going anywhere
Hehehe that's debatable , you know right? No doubt about his skill level, but can he pump up and command his team the way LeBron does?
Make no mistake, I fancy Curry but as a leader? Nah.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

U no even dey disguise your hate at All grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
SIRcumalot:

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Bros e be like say na you pastor direct his Sunday sermon to. Take it out on a pole if e pain you too much. grin
Go through my post again, first post was stating the obvious. The Cavs is synonymous with LeBron James while the Warriors is synonymous with Steph Curry. Is there a rivalry between both clubs? Yes! The magnitude is debatable though, but any rivalry between both clubs is automatically a rivalry between both superstars.
The rivalry between both clubs has been in black and white over the past 3yrs.(this season inclusive). Even demonstrated on this forum whenever both clubs match-up.
The second post was stating my personal opinion. I have said it time and again that I don't consider Curry as a team leader for the Warriors. I have always questioned his mental toughness. That's my "one man's point of view."

Mental toughness bawo? This is a first.

sapiosexual1:

Next time if you wanna question the annals of history, do it more politely. I didn't write history, history wrote itself.
Rivalry isn't by how many titles won, it's alot more than that including media hype, game intensity, fandom, fanatism, team pride etc.

Preaching to the choir. Direct this sermon to Lebron. That's the point.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:

I can't argue. Still won't change the fact that alot of people would pick Wall over Curry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:

If that post had come from another knowledgeable poster I would have entered debate-mode, but it is Lola what does she know? She once claimed Lebron was known for his shooting prowess and she is a big Lebtard Lebron fan. tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Eruditor:

Only thing worth responding to here as the rest are garbage.

1. Lebron said Warriors are not CAVS' rivals as well but you didn't see it because it wasn't posted on the stat sheet.

2. John Wall is an all-round player? Isaiah Thomas? Russell Westbrook? Chris Paul? John Stockton? Kyrie? Are they all all-round players?

None of this is even worth replying to. I dont want to start an arguement at all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:

See ehn, I just tire. I wanted to ask him if mental toughness is the same thing as playing well. Someone can be mentally tough and not play well same way someone can be a mental weakling and have a great game.

How many times is Curry called names? How many times was he pushed and shoved? Did he lose his cool? Even when Lebron was trash-talking during the finals was Curry complaining? Which game winning shot did Curry shy away from?(He would only pass if someone else is in a better position). How many times is Curry criticised, scoffed or laughed at (Like WB did before game 5 of the WCF) ? Did it get under Curry's skin? Nope. His numbers in the following 3 games were 31, 30 and 36 to win his team the series.

I know some other entitled players that get called names and they immediately report said players. I know some that get fouled or barely touched and they exaggerate the play. So if one man shoots the ball 35 times per game and averages 35 points per game he is mentally tough? The one that is always looking for more and more help is mentally tough?

I think some people here just read Wikipedia and start posting. Kyrie Irving has way more mental toughness than Lebron and KD (bless his heart because I love him) that has always been one weakness to his game since his days in OKC.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Lol. No mind them, if their players did well last night, we no go hear word again. First Klay the defending champ didn't move to the 2nd round of 3pt ,second Surry shot 0/11 from half court. its not finals and yet this guys are giving signs of choking.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

I can't argue. Still won't change the fact that alot of people would pick Wall over Curry
who are the people? Who? Who? Wall and him team dom enter conference finals? Which kind talk be this now? If we want to argue or discuss, let's discuss with facts please and not hearsay. Only thing wall has over curry is being athletic, and that in itself is subjective. That is like saying Webber, Garnett, Malone were "way better" that Duncan because they were athletic. It can't be argued who is better, but se Na "athletism" we wan chop?

Btw what does John wall do better than curry? What? Apart from dunking maybe?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

None of this is even worth replying to. I dont want to start an arguement at all.

Lola, I don't argue with you- you humor me ALOT. Even if I wanted to, you'd end up saying ridiculously stoopid things like Lebron is a great shooter and so on.

So keep posting for my entertainment.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lol you lost your right to talk when you said curry isn't the hottest player on his team. Who is? You guard a nigga when he crosses half court and you are telling me he ain't the hottest motherfucker on his team? Mam, we ought to seize your phone. It's LeBron and co shoving that lil nigga during the finals but he ain't the hottest motherfucker. Listen, I love how Cleveland humbled these warriors in the finals, now I just want siddon watch wetin go happen this finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:
Lol you lost your right to talk when you said curry isn't the hottest player on his team. Who is? You guard a nigga when he crosses half court and you are telling me he ain't the hottest motherfucker on his team? Mam, we ought to seize your phone. It's LeBron and co shoving that lil nigga during the finals but he ain't the hottest motherfucker. Listen, I love how Cleveland humbled these warriors in the finals, now I just want siddon watch wetin go happen this finals.

Last two seaaon, he has been the hottest in his team, if he isnt then who is. You should know i'm talking about this season and not last two season. I shouldnt be explaining al this to you.

And if you still think Curry is the hottest, then Kerr sent alot of players away just to bring in a cold asss player.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

Last two seaaon, he has been the hottest in his team, if he isnt then who is. You should know i'm talking about this season and not last two season. I shouldnt be explaining al this to you.

And if you still think Curry is the hottest, then Kerr sent alot of players away just to bring in a cold asss player.
who said KD is cold? Steph is taking less more shots to ease KD into the team and even at that Kevin Durant is averaging 1 more points I think more than Curry. You are not hearing curry hotness this year not because he hasn't been, but because Russell, harden, and Thomas has been phenomenal this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:

Warriors beat the shiit out of LeBron? taking the 6 games without Love nd Kyrie, you mean the beat the shiit out of LeBron.

Looks like Mavs beating LeBron 4-2 in finals is their biggest accomplishmnt. How can you beat someone 4-2 and say you beat the shitt out of them?? Okay Okay. i get it, Wade beat the shiit out of Mavs in finals in 2006, Scoreline 4-2.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

Warriors beat the shiit out of LeBron? taking the 6 games without Love nd Kyrie, you mean the beat the shiit out of LeBron.

Looks like Mavs beating LeBron 4-2 in finals is their biggest accomplishmnt. How can you beat someone 4-2 and say you beat the shitt out of them?? Okay Okay. i get it, Wade beat the shiit out of Mavs in finals in 2006, Scoreline 4-2.

But them spurs though grin
Yes, it is our biggest accomplishments, put an L on his finals resume since y'all won't stop yabbing about how many times he has been to the finals.

Oh the one Wade was shooting 40 free throws a game? Joke joke O.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
Eruditor:

See ehn, I just tire. I wanted to ask him if mental toughness is the same thing as playing well. Someone can be mentally tough and not play well same way someone can be a mental weakling and have a great game.

How many times is Curry called names? How many times was he pushed and shoved? Did he lose his cool? Even when Lebron was trash-talking during the finals was Curry complaining? Which game winning shot did Curry shy away from?(He would only pass if someone else is in a better position). How many times is Curry criticised, scoffed or laughed at (Like WB did before game 5 of the WCF) ? Did it get under Curry's skin? Nope. His numbers in the following 3 games were 31, 30 and 36 to win his team the series.

I know some other entitled players that get called names and they immediately report said players. I know some that get fouled or barely touched and they exaggerate the play. So if one man shoots the ball 35 times per game and averages 35 points per game he is mentally tough? The one that is always looking for more and more help is mentally tough?

I think some people here just read Wikipedia and start posting. Kyrie Irving has way more mental toughness than Lebron and KD (bless his heart because I love him) that has always been one weakness to his game since his days in OKC.
bruh you deserve a crate of Heineken for this. Them mr I need more help.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
sapiosexual1:

And what's it with James playing down the rivalry with Curry? Abeg there is rivalry jor, hot one sef. Maybe not at the level of 'Bird-Magic as he said, but there surely is a rivalry.

I think the rivalry is between GSW and Cavs and not Curry and LeBron. If you take away Curry from the GSW team, I believe they would still be a force to be reckoned with in the west. if you take away LeBron from the Cavs team, I swear the team fit no make playoff sef. In fact, I can't remember the last game the Cavs won without LeBron.

Curry is a great shooter but I dont think he's earned his place to be called LeBron's rival.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Muna15:

I think the rivalry is between GSW and Cavs and not Curry and LeBron. If you take away Curry from the GSW team, I believe they would still be a force to be reckoned with in the west. if you take away LeBron from the Cavs team, I swear the team fit no make playoff sef. In fact, I can't remember the last game the Cavs won without LeBron.

Curry is a great shooter but I dont think he's earned his place to be called LeBron's rival.
A two time NBA MVP, an NBA champion isn't LeBron rival?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:
who said KD is cold? Steph is taking less more shots to ease KD into the team and even at that Kevin Durant is averaging 1 more points I think more than Curry. You are not hearing curry hotness this year not because he hasn't been, but because Russell, harden, and Thomas has been phenomenal this year.

What??!! Hell no, If Curry was a hot as he was last season, we would definitely rate him with these guys you mentioned.

Curry Avg PPG: 24.7, RPG: 4.3, APG: 6.4
Kyle lowry PPG: 22.8 RPG: 4.7 APG: 6.9
John Wall. PPG: 22.8 RPG: 4.4 APG: 10.6

We should leave it this way

Playoffs is still coming grin. We would see his stats then.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
Eruditor:

Playing down GSW vs CAVS rivalry was it also Bron Bron's way of saying he is not convinced GSW has earned the right or acclaimed status to be CAVS rival especially after last season's triumph over the Warriors?

#MyQuestion
cheesy

I hope you are not construing the onus of Bron Bron's interview, and my position on the argument.

I think Bron Bron was being particular about a perceived rivalry between himself and the chef Curry, and not between Cavs and the Warriors; which is also a rivalry.

Bron was irked by the seeming comparison of greatness between himself and chef Curry. I inferred from the interview that Bron did not consider Curry successful enough to be considered a rival.

Don't forget Bron dealt with this same situation after Durant won the MVP. he was questioned about a rivalry between himself and Durant. Durant shut that down by saying him and Bron work out during the off-season and the media did not like that.

Do i think there is rivalry between both? Absolutely!!,however, Curry has to play consistent basketball especially during the post season, so Bron does not belittle the argument.

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donlittle:
A two time NBA MVP, an NBA champion isn't LeBron rival?

Curry benefited from a functioning GSW system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.