Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629264 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
aliondo:
Al H showing up tonight.....

He has been impressive since game 3 in Chicago..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
Donlittle:
Tony Allen?

Ohhhh man!!!! that's a tough one u mentioned, however, he has not stayed healthy recently and his minutes have dropped. But T.Allen is a very good one, sadly, he is not getting any younger.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
So for me, the playoffs just began tonight, and what a game!
IT is bae, how hez handled the past weeks has been worthy of commendations. Totally separated on court and off court business.
Celtics in 6!
Re: The NBA Begins by DerrickOfficial(m): 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
SIRcumalot:
so this AJ na Englishman sef I think say he they fight under the green and White like Samuel Peter.
from what I heard, dude was rejected by the green and white

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
Cant bring myself to support clips in this game. Jazz is better coached and they want this game more, simple and short

Warriors, take note angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Who did Stephen A Smith say will win it all this year? I pray not my Warriors. He gets all his predictions wrong including this Clippers vs Jazz game.

Jazz are a good team and I am looking forward to how they make my boys step up. If they can beat us 4 times, then they deserve to get to the WCF against Spurs/Rockets.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
I see why its so hard to judge talent. It is amazing to see how mentally tough gordon hayward has gotten. You just cant measure heart

Time to retool the clippers. I hope cp3 heads somewhere...lots of talented young teams that need a floor general. Instead of playing with mr glass that has been injured like 3 playoffs in a row
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Eruditor:
Who did Stephen A Smith say will win it all this year? I pray not my Warriors. He gets all his predictions wrong including this Clippers vs Jazz game.

Jazz are a good team and I am looking forward to how they make my boys step up. If they can beat us 4 times, then they deserve to get to the WCF against Spurs/Rockets.

Jazz coaching and rotation is impressive. Indeed, a very good test for the warriors. Still looks like a 4-1 beating though grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
wow..didnt see the jazz taking this....
something needs to change in the clippers system.....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32am On May 01, 2017
Eruditor:

Hahaha. Another danger in using stats in games you did not watch. Are there no regular season games in which Anderson shot less than his 10.8 average? So what are you talking about?

Now since I watched those games let me tell you how those stats work:

Games 1, 2 & 3 Anderson had 18 3-pt attempts and made only 2 and 2 of them were in that game 3 that he had 14 FGAs. In
Games 4 & 5 he had 11 FGAs. In both games combined he got 6 3PA and made only 1. This brought his total 3PA in 5 games to 3 of 24. Now tell me, a player who was 2/18 going into games 4&5 what justifies his extra 6 3PAs if not that his teammates are still giving him the ball?

Even in his most prolific game (game 3) Anderson got as much 3PAs as 2PAs (7) even when it was clear he was faring better with his midrange shots than his 3-pt. In fact, he got the passes more beyond the arc in that game but he kept faking and stepping into the arc to knock 12ft shots. I believe he had only 1 dunk in that game his 5 other 2-pt shots made were by taking the ball from beyond the arc into it to knock midrange shots.

As per Beverley and Tales by moonlight, make I laugh small before I respond grin. 1) I did not argue any Rockets player did a better job than him 2) asking me to bring another name that did better is disingenuous.

If you recall, you claimed you SAW Beverley force 5TOs from RW and make 7/27 shots in game 5. You said that to argue that Beverley did more of a job on Russell than Roberson did on Harden (essentially saying Houston players were better and so on) but my argument has been that it is Houston's more effective system that did the job on Russell (seeing he refused to pass in the 4th Quarters) and not necessarily about Houston having better players.

If Beverley was left to man mark Russell all series long (without help as Roberson did on Harden), Russell would have averaged 45ppg.

Even at 39% FG compared to 47% FG of his team and 26% 3P compared to 31% of the rest of his team, this is what you call minute? shocked shocked

Let me use a poser to show how ridiculous your assertion is:

Please bring one game in this series where RW made more points than his other teammates combined.

Preposterous!!

OKC are -58 when RW sits, fine. Bring out his +/- in all the 4th Quarters that he played this series so we can justify the above or we can just conclude that anybody can throw numbers about without even understanding the context in which arguments are made.
Oshey Mike Breen abi na Hubie Brown you be? Shebi na Seacaucus you dey work? Anyway your verbose Ted Cruzesque speech don't excite me. Out of 5 games Anderson shot above his season average just ONCE. That means he shot less than that 80% of the time but sit there and be asking me Jamb question. Someone had 18 attempts in 3 games and then just 6 in the subsequent 2 games. A 3 shot per game drop! or did you expect him not to receive the ball at all? Anyway keep repeating your narrative till you are blue in the face. You that liken Nenê to McGee is not who I need to prove anything to, No offense. No be you see Götze dey miss chance for 6th minute for match wey e enter after 70+ minutes. Despite your pedantry you have still failed spectacularly I might add to disprove Anderson shot beneath his regular season average.

You openly claimed Houston woulda beaten OKC even without Beverley. This is with his impressive contributions on offense. You watched the series kwa? But you can't show who defended better. Yet Beverley was not a factor. This is Political Telemundo

The experts paid to gather this data took the time to separate Beverley's defense from that of his teammates but you are here telling Old Wives Tales. Show stats with the double and triple teams. Ariwo ko ni music.

Maybe in your NBA 2K16 game. Westbrook woulda averaged even 450ppg but in the real world. Westbrook shot 25% from the field with Beverley as his defender. FACT

You keep hollerin system. No be players go execute am? Which system is capable of making Pau Gasol good on defense?

Harden and Westbrook essentially have the same 3pt differential between their teammates. Normal FG a 4% difference. Which becomes less profound when you realize Westbrook took more shots. The point is with Westbrook being heavily defended like you claim. Why are his teammates not shooting at a higher clip? Why are they barely shooting better?

Why would Westbrook outscore the entire team? Even M.J didn't do that FFS. How do you even conjure this type of megedefegede?

I don't need to show you his +/- in the fourth. OKC outscore Houston by 16 with Westbrook on the floor they are -58 without him. That shows to any objective human being that he is at least doing his part and more than his fair share to help the team win.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:38am On May 01, 2017
birdman:
I see why its so hard to judge talent. It is amazing to see how mentally tough gordon hayward has gotten. You just cant measure heart

Time to retool the clippers. I hope cp3 heads somewhere...lots of talented young teams that need a floor general. Instead of playing with mr glass that has been injured like 3 playoffs in a row
Hayward worked out with the Mamba last summer. So that killer instinct and mental toughness must have rubbed on him

Would be tough for CP3 to leave and miss out on a super MAX deal. Even for a ring we are talking almost $100m. Where does he even go? I'd move Blake if I were the Clippers and try to get a Paul George. They need to upgrade their swingmen too. J.J Redick has to go! When his 3's aren't falling he is borderline useless. And Mbah a Moute just doesn't give enough offense
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:46am On May 01, 2017
The Celts have caught another massive break. Though they always matchup well with the Wizards but Markieff Morris getting hurt is a huge loss for the Wiz. Their 3rd best player IMO and one of the game's most versatile bigs
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:49am On May 01, 2017
I know say the clippers go lose.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:06am On May 01, 2017
Where Roland? Shey you dey see Penguins? The firepower too much! Only one team Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Bonino. Then small boys like Rust, Sheary and Jake n Bake Guentzel. Ready to step up. How many teams you know fit score even while shorthanded for play off setting
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:48am On May 01, 2017
A40:

Oshey Mike Breen abi na Hubie Brown you be? Shebi na Seacaucus you dey work? Anyway your verbose Ted Cruzesque speech don't excite me. Out of 5 games Anderson shot above his season average just ONCE. That means he shot less than that 80% of the time but sit there and be asking me Jamb question. Someone had 18 attempts in 3 games and then just 6 in the subsequent 2 games. A 3 shot per game drop! or did you expect him not to receive the ball at all? Anyway keep repeating your narrative till you are blue in the face. You that liken Nenê to McGee is not who I need to prove anything to, No offense. No be you see Götze dey miss chance for 6th minute for match wey e enter after 70+ minutes. Despite your pedantry you have still failed spectacularly I might add to disprove Anderson shot beneath his regular season average.

You openly claimed Houston woulda beaten OKC even without Beverley. This is with his impressive contributions on offense. You watched the series kwa? But you can't show who defended better. Yet Beverley was not a factor. This is Political Telemundo

The experts paid to gather this data took the time to separate Beverley's defense from that of his teammates but you are here telling Old Wives Tales. Show stats with the double and triple teams. Ariwo ko ni music.

Maybe in your NBA 2K16 game. Westbrook woulda averaged even 450ppg but in the real world. Westbrook shot 25% from the field with Beverley as his defender. FACT

You keep hollerin system. No be players go execute am? Which system is capable of making Pau Gasol good on defense?

Harden and Westbrook essentially have the same 3pt differential between their teammates. Normal FG a 4% difference. Which becomes less profound when you realize Westbrook took more shots. The point is with Westbrook being heavily defended like you claim. Why are his teammates not shooting at a higher clip? Why are they barely shooting better?

Why would Westbrook outscore the entire team? Even M.J didn't do that FFS. How do you even conjure this type of megedefegede?

I don't need to show you his +/- in the fourth. OKC outscore Houston by 16 with Westbrook on the floor they are -58 without him. That shows to any objective human being that he is at least doing his part and more than his fair share to help the team win.

LOOOL. I don't do name callings except when provoked - and I am not. If your facts are right they will speak for you. I believe I have made myself clear and any right thinking person who can see beyond the red mist will ascertain that.

One thing I need to point out again is how risible it is, that now you turn around and say the Normal FG and 3P% differentials between Harden/RW and teammates are basically the same oblivious of the fact that it justifies why RW should have depended on his team as much as "Harden did".

Another thing about the WestBrook and took more shots bla bla bla...is just poppycock (I would add a "no offence" here as well). RW took 152 shots on 39% accuracy while the rest of his team had 285 shots on 47% accuracy. The team's shot volume and accuracy are still waaay above his.

Look at it this way; if RW is A and his teammates represent another player called B, the Mr. B took 133 more shots than RW at a 47% FG compared to 39% of his, yet when push came to shove RW opted to take highly difficult shots rather than pass to Mr.B yet you turn around and blame Mr.B.

This does not surprise about RW though, he used to take more shots in games even when he had one of the most efficient scorers ever in KD and in some key occasions they would lose such games. He had his supporters then, like he does now, and everyone is entitled to an opinion even if some have to conjure theirs bereft of facts.

Some others have said it here: RW you are the best player on your team but you need to change your game a bit to benefit the team more in some instances. Billy D, you need to help your MVP help his teammates as they are not highschoolers lucky to be in the NBA. That is my take.

A40, you can feel free to have the last word.

Deuces.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:23am On May 01, 2017
Una never finish this Westbrook Harden talk?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 01, 2017
SmooshCHN1:
Una never finish this Westbrook Harden talk?
Last last na next month the pepper go rest grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:07pm On May 01, 2017
Cavs vs Raptors Issa sweep

Celtics vs Wizards 3-4

Spurs vs Rockets 4-2

Warriors vs Jazz Issa sweep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:42pm On May 01, 2017
Raptors 1 v Cavs 4

Wizards 2 v Celtics 4

Warriors 4 v Jazz 1

Rocket 3 v Spurs 4
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 01, 2017
Cavs 3 vs Raptors 4
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 01, 2017
Cavs 4 vs 1 Raptors
Celtics 4 vs 3 Wizards
Spurs 3 vs 4 Rockets
Warriors 4 vs 2 Jazz

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 01, 2017
Donlittle:
Cavs 3 vs Raptors 4
grin grin

You dey find trouble. They are coming grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Lmao grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2017
The TRUTH!!!!!. Man what can i say? He defined an era for the Celtics, he made me love the Celtics passionately as he persevered the difficult win-less era at the Garden.

#Icallgame
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:30am On May 02, 2017
Another series, Another opportunity for patrick patterson to shoot AirBall, clank the rim and what not. Tired of seeing that nigga
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:32am On May 02, 2017
Toronto could have been in this but they are shooting badly despite having clean looks. Cleveland still don't defend really well.

End of first quarter:

30-18 in favor of Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:33am On May 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:

You know me na. Na my talent be that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:49am On May 02, 2017
The way Lebron spaces the floor and finds open men is incredible.

Still hate him though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:24am On May 02, 2017
Well, Toronto in 7, I Insist grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:00am On May 02, 2017
no answer for harden so far
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:03am On May 02, 2017
Aside from Kawahi, the Rockets match up very well against the Spurs. Spurs would have to control the pace of this game, else the Rockets would run them out of the gym with perimeter shooting. Force the Rockets to play half court basketball by meeting the ball handler at the center of the court, if there is no full court pressure, and have Kawahi bring the ball up against Beverly cos he would force turn overs from Parker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:15am On May 02, 2017
Lol even the spurs can't seems to handle the rocket's thus far(albeit too early), them Warriors fan must be scared cause man, Rocket's will take GSW to a 7 game series.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.