Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,174 members, 7,818,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629452 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
A40:

If having better players didn't matter how does Erik Spoelstra go from 4 straight finals to not making playoffs at all?

That is down to a lot of factors including opposition strength. Not just the mythical 'system' you keep repeating ad nauseum. In the event his numbers drop against teams like the Spurs and Golden State I would like to see your explanation

By your logic we can call Tim Duncan, Shaq, heck even Kareem Abdul Jabbar American McGee's since bigs have to drive to the rim a la Iverson before you acknowledge their post game. Go and ask Adams who frequently got torched by sharp footwork whether Nenê is McGee 2.0

In that series which game was Oladipo in 'rhythm' you can't even present any stat to backup your claim that Oladipo always got the ball late in the shot clock. What is worse where is the sense in passing to someone who is 1/12 when you are chasing the game. That is as smart as giving a running back the ball after 3 fumbles when you are down 4 Touchdowns

grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Oladipo had the ball a lot and was just looking to release the ball right away. Russell was not passing the ball 2 seconds to go to oladipo. No be the same playoffs game we watch? Oladipo sometimes look like he has never ran the point before, and when he finally tries, he turns over the ball, or try to slash and miss. How on earth do you put that on Russell? I did not know the guy is a nanny.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
A40:

If having better players didn't matter how does Erik Spoelstra go from 4 straight finals to not making playoffs at all?

That is down to a lot of factors including opposition strength. Not just the mythical 'system' you keep repeating ad nauseum. In the event his numbers drop against teams like the Spurs and Golden State I would like to see your explanation

By your logic we can call Tim Duncan, Shaq, heck even Kareem Abdul Jabbar American McGee's since bigs have to drive to the rim a la Iverson before you acknowledge their post game. Go and ask Adams who frequently got torched by sharp footwork whether Nenê is McGee 2.0

In that series which game was Oladipo in 'rhythm' you can't even present any stat to backup your claim that Oladipo always got the ball late in the shot clock. What is worse where is the sense in passing to someone who is 1/12 when you are chasing the game. That is as smart as giving a running back the ball after 3 fumbles when you are down 4 Touchdowns

I learnt so much from this our first round loss....To win the playoffs, even if you just have two superstars or at most three superstars, your bench is very critical.....Yes, the Rockets had a better team but i also believed we could match up with them better than losing in five games....
We should get more players that can shoot the ball so when all the attention is on Russ, they could be making shots....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Eruditor:

RW was double and triple teamed alot all series long and just like Jordan in the mid 80's he kept trying to prove he could not be guarded which forced a couple of TOs of such plays. Beverley was part of the system of players Mike threw at RW. Period.

D'Antoni can do alot if he has his type of players at his disposal. He has proven that by failing with the Lakers and Knicks. Your excuse that those teams were destined to fail is neither here nor there because this same Rockets team were destined to fail.

I am hailing the system not because of what it has achieved thus far but because it has elevated the game of almost every team member on the roster. If they lose to Spurs or GSW, it will only amplify the importance of playing to a system (since both teams have been enmeshed in systems longer than the Rockets) and no t all these wanton heroics we saw in the playoffs.

There was a reason Roberson kept playing even when he was bricking FTs. I wager that if someone else and not him was marking Harden, there would have been no need for his missed FTs as Harden would have scored loads for fun and Houston would have blown out OKC.
Guy. Beverley forced Westbrook to 5 turnovers by himself and 7/27 shooting in Game 5. By HIMSELF not this double and triple teaming things you are saying. He was not part of any system. He took that challenge and marked out Westbrook like Raja Bell did Kobe back in Phoenix. Present your FACTS while arguing don't just drop musings and opinions

But you called D'Antoni a one trick pony. What did that imply? Who is the two trick pony in the NBA? The easiest pointer that both teams were doomed to fail are what has happened since his absence.

If the 'system' is to blame for OKC and to praise for Harden then that means all your bile for Westbrook is badly misplaced. Because it means it essentially works with or without Harden.

What was the system when Tyron Lue jumped into the Cavs team midseason and won a title? What was Billy Donovan deploying when they beat the Spurs? Kerr and the Warriors nko. Abeg bone that system yarns.

Roberson's defensive work was essentially useless. Because the Rockets had a Nenê who could enter the game and outscore and outrebound OKC's entire bench. Whereas the Roberson fouls messed up OKC'S offensive 'rhythm' for the quarter. Its like dashing your babe 100k then going to borrow 200k from her the next day and off course not paying her back

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
aliondo:

I learnt so much from this our first round loss....To win the playoffs, even if you just have two superstars or at most three superstars, your bench is very critical.....Yes, the Rockets had a better team but i also believed we could match up with them better than losing in five games....
We should get more players that can shoot the ball so when all the attention is on Russ, they could be making shots....
If Golden State with Steph, Klay and Draymond could still go for K.D then what are we talking about? Lebron with Kyrie and Love was shamelessly crying for additions even disrespecting his employers but they want Westbrook to turn water into wine. An Oladipo a playoff rookie is 4/17 on the night with your team trailing but we should keep pumping Oladipo the ball because development. A player sits for 2 mins and a 6pt lead turns to almost double digit deficit but he should enter the game and keep passing
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
A40:

Guy. Beverley forced Westbrook to 5 turnovers by himself and 7/27 shooting in Game 5. By HIMSELF not this double and triple teaming things you are saying. He was not part of any system. He took that challenge and marked out Westbrook like Raja Bell did Kobe back in Phoenix. Present your FACTS while arguing don't just drop musings and opinions

But you called D'Antoni a one trick pony. What did that imply? Who is the two trick pony in the NBA? The easiest pointer that both teams were doomed to fail are what has happened since his absence.

If the 'system' is to blame for OKC and to praise for Harden then that means all your bile for Westbrook is badly misplaced. Because it means it essentially works with or without Harden.

What was the system when Tyron Lue jumped into the Cavs team midseason and won a title? What was Billy Donovan deploying when they beat the Spurs? Kerr and the Warriors nko. Abeg bone that system yarns.

Roberson's defensive work was essentially useless. Because the Rockets had a Nenê who could enter the game and outscore and outrebound OKC's entire bench. Whereas the Roberson fouls messed up OKC'S offensive 'rhythm' for the quarter. Its like dashing your babe 100k then going to borrow 200k from her the next day and off course not paying her back
Harden comes out of the game, nene comes in, and does damage on the offensive end. Westbrook goes to the bench, Kanter comes in, and banter gets bullied by Nene and co. A 6pt lead turns into a deficit like you said. How is that Russell Fault? Yes we can say Houston Management got better players to help out Harden, but why blame Russell for his franchise incompetences? That's unfair to him.

Is it not the same game we watched where Lou Will came right after Harden let the game while Houston was down and dropped about 10-12 points in 2 minutes? Russell left a game, Norris Cole came in, and missed three shot back to back to back, turned the ball over, got bullied on defense, didn't make a pass that led to an assist, but we are supposed to get on russ for coming back into the game and and try to pass the same ball around again? Hmm nice one.

Some people here are talking, as their team take good reach, they still went after Kevin Durant in the summer just because barnes missed 20 shots or how many did he missed? But want to tell me Russell Westbrook should be blamed for Andre Roberson make 2 out of how many free throws? Oladipo not being able to run the point, or Norris Cole playing like he suddenly can't play basketball? Or Enes Kanter and Adams letting Nene give them the footwork like he is Hakeem? Nice.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
Donlittle:
Harden comes out of the game, nene comes in, and does damage on the offensive end. Westbrook goes to the bench, Kanter comes in, and banter gets bullied by Nene and co. A 6pt lead turns into a deficit like you said. How is that Russell Fault? Yes we can say Houston Management got better players to help out Harden, but why blame Russell for his franchise incompetences? That's unfair to him.

Is it not the same game we watched where Lou Will came right after Harden let the game while Houston was down and dropped about 10-12 points in 2 minutes? Russell left a game, Norris Cole came in, and missed three shot back to back to back, turned the ball over, got bullied on defense, didn't make a pass that led to an assist, but we are supposed to get on russ for coming back into the game and and try to pass the same ball around again? Hmm nice one.

Some people here are talking, as their team take good reach, they still went after Kevin Durant in the summer just because barnes missed 20 shots or how many did he missed? But want to tell me Russell Westbrook should be blamed for Andre Roberson make 2 out of how many free throws? Oladipo not being able to run the point, or Norris Cole playing like he suddenly can't play basketball? Or Enes Kanter and Adams letting Nene give them the footwork like he is Hakeem? Nice.
Nene, Gordon, Williams all bench players and able to create their own shot. Veterans who have been in this scenario and can carry the team for stretches offensively. Anyways when ninjas start comparing Nenê to McGee I shoulda known it was time to take a hike. Opelope Golden State laye McGee

I remember that Lou Williams example clearly I was so mad because I took a prop bet on him for u16.5 and my bet looked safe till the bast@rd rattled 10pts in 2mins. I was already dreaming of my Yeezy Belugas. Na him person dey tell us about system and Harden making everybody better as if they were nobodies before Houston

D'Antoni the one trick pony don turn to genius because 'system' Someone internationally maligned for his defense is suddenly an expert that conjured a defensive system able to stop Westbrook. Orisirisi.

Even elastic get him yield point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Why una dey blame Westbrook? He do mago mago give Thunder lead, go bench. Oya, make him teammates use mago mago maintain lead just for 2 minutes, na problem.

Lebron shot 40 shots a game 2 years ago when Kyrie and Love went down. He had a higher usage rate than WB ooo, more turnovers and he didn't have average a triple double. Nobody complain for the overshooting

Kobe was banking 50 a game then. Usage rate was one of the highest. He had 6th man of the year, he no dey pass ball nor get triple double. Nobody complain at all

Why are we on Westbrook's case?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
A40:

Nobody said players don't matter. But good players in a bad system will amount to the same - failure. Instead of all the superficial analysis about how RWs teammates let him down, I am showing you how his own game play and Donovan's give-it-to-WestBrook system contributed more weightage.

By my logic the HOFers you mentioned are HOFers for a reason and Nenê, like Javale will never be. So the people telling us how great he is, may need to pipe down with the histrionics.

There is no sense in passing to someone who is free and shoots better than you because he is 1/12. Okay. You did it yourself and your team still lost but you revert, and say the fault belongs to the 1/12 guy. Now that is funny. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:16am On Apr 29, 2017
A40:

LOL, My guy said musings and opinions - no sir. I watched those games. Houston threw bodies at RW and although Beverley was usually part of the double team, he was rarely ever alone. Don't let the stat sheets hoodwink you.

I can prove you are pointing those misread statistics as facts. In game 5, Russell did not shoot 7/27 on Beverley (you misunderstood what ESPN meant). It was over the whole series. Also, 5 TOs in game 5 caused by Beverley? No my man, it was over the whole series again.

Like I said, to prove my point again, Russell had 47 points in that game and was 15/34. If ESPN meant Russell got 27 points on 7/27 in that game alone it means he was 8 of 7 with the remainder of his shots. This is a statistical impossibility.

http://www.espn.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/4076/rockets-win-series-as-beverley-battles-westbrook

I repeat: Houston used double and sometimes triple teams on him. Watch the games to fact-check what I am saying.

I don't want to make an unnecessarily long post but I would state what I meant by coaching and system.

So if OKC kept getting leads with their starters outplaying Rocket starters in virtually all the games, can we then conclude OKC had better starters than the Rockets?

What if I say it was D'Antoni's strategy to put his better players on the bench (one could argue that Gordon, Nenê and Lou are better than Ariza, Capela and Beverley) and then use the first unit to tire RW so that when he rested, the "bench" could do the damage? What if that was how he prep'd his team to play against OKC?

Russell's poor shooting usually occurred in the 4th quarters, which one could argue he was fatigued then. What if that was Mike's plan knowing Russell would opt to play hero ball?

You can say what you will about systems. Some coaches adapt depending on what they have at their disposal while others don't. Some have various offensive schemes to throw when they need buckets while some rely on their superstars to bail them out. If you do not see the intricate details the same way, that is perfectly fine. That goes for Lue, kerr, Pop and so on.

And BTW, without Beverley, Houston still wins the series neat.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:35am On Apr 29, 2017
Donlittle:

You are conflating things. RW is a great player with not so great teammates so nobody is expecting them to win a ring BUT he had a huge role in why they lost the way they did and if you choose to not see it that is equally fine. I have not said he does not need more help. My argument has been, even with the more help if he continues playing his game the same way, the story will not change much.

Speaking of GSW, I remember when Curry was not shooting too well and I told someone on here it is because he has been playing like a spot-up shooter and that it is affecting his rhythm. I remember telling said person that the need to initiate KD into the offence is responsible for Curry's form. The person was typing PER and what not. When KD got injured, first few games, Curry was still getting back in rhythm so he struggled. He makes his name from being and off the dribble shooter and he stopped doing it consistently for 60 games only to be asked to do it again. It took him a few games but as soon as he got his groove back he looked like his old self.

Bringing this back to Oladipo and co, that was my argument concerning Russell and OKC. If he made it his mission all season to do that for his teammates they would have been a lot better in the post season. He focused on TDs and they helped him play D so they qualified for the P/Os. Now push has come to shove and the rest of his team are streaky and playing poorly then we exonorate him and excoriate them? LOL.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 29, 2017
It's unfair to hold Westbrook totally accountable for OKC's loss. There's Donovan who as a professional should've known that one man army won't get them anywhere, or would be detrimental to the development of other players. His roster management was very very poor and Westbrook seemed fine with it since he kept having a good game. That didn't look mature to me being that you've been in the league for 9 years. Hope they play to their full potential next year.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:51am On Apr 29, 2017
Decale:

Why are we on Westbrook's case?

I no know ooo A40 is refusing to repent of his MVP pick in spite of the obvious grin Of course the loss is not all on westbrook, but he is the primary PG. Anyone with unbiased eyes can see Oladipo was never really comfortable. those are issues coach and westbrook should have worked out during regular season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:12am On Apr 29, 2017
nba officiating is really crazy sometimes.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:58am On Apr 29, 2017
John Wall is such pure joy to watch mayne

birdman:

I no know ooo A40 is refusing to repent of his MVP pick in spite of the obvious grin Of course the loss is not all on westbrook, but he is the primary PG. Anyone with unbiased eyes can see Oladipo was never really comfortable. those are issues coach and westbrook should have worked out during regular season.
Harden was my pick for MVP. But I can't see what is happening ojukoroju and not talk. Houston can win with Harden playing at 50%, Westbrook needs to be at 90%

The most makes Oladipo made in the series was 7, that is less than Anderson's best. Anderson was Houston's 5th best player on offense

Oladipo was incompetent not uncomfortable on both ends of the floor. Non factor on defense and offense but the coach and Westbrook must get blame
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:09am On Apr 29, 2017
SmooshCHN1:
It's unfair to hold Westbrook totally accountable for OKC's loss. There's Donovan who as a professional should've known that one man army won't get them anywhere, or would be detrimental to the development of other players. His roster management was very very poor and Westbrook seemed fine with it since he kept having a good game. That didn't look mature to me being that you've been in the league for 9 years. Hope they play to their full potential next year.
What would you have had him do? Come out and put his teammates on blast like Wade and Butler did? Pull a hissy fit like LeBron did.

How would you have preferred he aired ìs grievances? What difference would it have made. Maybe he wanted to be the martyr but I want to know what a public complaint would have achieved that wouldn't make him look like a whiner and a bad teammate
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 29, 2017
birdman:

chop knuckle guy. Oladipo never truly fit that team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 29, 2017
A40:

What would you have had him do? Come out and put his teammates on blast like Wade and Butler did? Pull a hissy fit like LeBron did.

How would you have preferred he aired ìs grievances? What difference would it have made. Maybe he wanted to be the martyr but I want to know what a public complaint would have achieved that wouldn't make him look like a whiner and a bad teammate
You know solutions to things like this but you prefer all those unnecessary stuffs just to add to Westbrook's rep which he already has.. I blamed Donovan primarily cos of all people should've known post season is different and as a leader Westbrook is, we don't need to hear him put his guys on blast in public. What happened to you sitting with your coach and finding a new ways to play and experiment maybe include more ball movement where everybody is involved, multiple screens, cutting to baskets, more pin downs and shît to distract the defense? Nah!! Westbrook is good to go one on one and is satisfied cos he's doing great. But what about the team? Is one man army the only way to play basketball? If guys shots aren't falling can't Donovan assign coaching staffs to them or his teammates just luckily got in the NBA?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:47am On Apr 29, 2017
Eruditor:

Nobody said players don't matter. But good players in a bad system will amount to the same - failure. Instead of all the superficial analysis about how RWs teammates let him down, I am showing you how his own game play and Donovan's give-it-to-WestBrook system contributed more weightage.

By my logic the HOFers you mentioned are HOFers for a reason and Nenê, like Javale will never be. So the people telling us how great he is, may need to pipe down with the histrionics.

There is no sense in passing to someone who is free and shoots better than you because he is 1/12. Okay. You did it yourself and your team still lost but you revert, and say the fault belongs to the 1/12 guy. Now that is funny. grin

Good players can make a bad system and inept coach look good. I asked a simple question. What was Donovan's system when Durant was there? Spoelstra for Heat nko? What is Enrique's system at Barca?

You are focusing on RW and the coach. Good. I'm focusing on the glaring incompetence of his teammates and how even a perfect game from Westbrook did not guarantee an OKC win. By the time I whip out +/- stats for Harden and Westbrook you would start telling stories that touch.

But that is essentially their game. Based on your definition they are also incapable of generating their own offense. Cedric Ceballos & Mike Conley would probably not make Hall of Fame. Doesn't mean D.J Mbenga and Sasha Vujacic are better or comparable. Anyway na Golden State I blame because McGee woulda been in China and you won't be here commiting sacrilege

Lmao Oladipo drawing inferior coverage is shooting 8% in a game you are chasing but pass him the ball. As if if Oladipo kept missing you wouldn't flip the script and blame Westbrook for not taking over. That is the beauty of sports sha. Where one player gets the blame for others not doing their job.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:53am On Apr 29, 2017
atlanta dey vex o.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:06am On Apr 29, 2017
i suspect part of the reason why the cavs blew those last games to lose the first seed is to avoid this wizards team.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:06am On Apr 29, 2017
chicago jus talk sey dem no dey do again grin

see flogging choi!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:20am On Apr 29, 2017
SIRcumalot:
i suspect part of the reason why the cavs blew those last games to lose the first seed is to avoid this wizards team.

I think it was to avoid chicago possibly. With rondo, this team could have taken the celtics to 7, maybe win in 6. I dont think LBJ wanted to expend that kind of energy on a team that his paddy Wade was playing on too.

So I dont think they tried to lose those games, they just didnt see any reason to play hard for #1. Remember raptors took cavs to game 6 or 7 last year. wizards havent made any real headway in the playoffs, so wizards would be a better pick than raptors. in spite of how raptors have performed in first round, Raptors are a bigger threat - they know the cavs better, and they went and acquired talent specifically to match cavs (Ibaka)
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:38am On Apr 29, 2017
birdman:

I think it was to avoid chicago possibly. With rondo, this team could have taken the celtics to 7, maybe win in 6. I dont think LBJ wanted to expend that kind of energy on a team that his paddy Wade was playing on too.

So I dont think they tried to lose those games, they just didnt see any reason to play hard for #1. Remember raptors took cavs to game 6 or 7 last year. wizards havent made any real headway in the playoffs, so wizards would be a better pick than raptors. in spite of how raptors have performed in first round, Raptors are a bigger threat - they know the cavs better, and they went and acquired talent specifically to match cavs (Ibaka)
it was in six, and no cavs fan was that worried,
we'll be here when the cavs do'em in five.
miami and bulls fought till the last day for that eight seed so it wasn't really clear.
am just looking at the wizards back court rotation and how the cavs can fight that,derozan and lowry are manageable this wizards guys am not so sure.
remember that saying about the enemy you know.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53am On Apr 29, 2017
Eruditor:

LOL, My guy said musings and opinions - no sir. I watched those games. Houston threw bodies at RW and although Beverley was usually part of the double team, he was rarely ever alone. Don't let the stat sheets hoodwink you.

I can prove you are pointing those misread statistics as facts. In game 5, Russell did not shoot 7/27 on Beverley (you misunderstood what ESPN meant). It was over the whole series. Also, 5 TOs in game 5 caused by Beverley? No my man, it was over the whole series again.

Like I said, to prove my point again, Russell had 47 points in that game and was 15/34. If ESPN meant Russell got 27 points on 7/27 in that game alone it means he was 8 of 7 with the remainder of his shots. This is a statistical impossibility.

http://www.espn.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/4076/rockets-win-series-as-beverley-battles-westbrook

I repeat: Houston used double and sometimes triple teams on him. Watch the games to fact-check what I am saying.

I don't want to make an unnecessarily long post but I would state what I meant by coaching and system.

So if OKC kept getting leads with their starters outplaying Rocket starters in virtually all the games, can we then conclude OKC had better starters than the Rockets?

What if I say it was D'Antoni's strategy to put his better players on the bench (one could argue that Gordon, Nenê and Lou are better than Ariza, Capela and Beverley) and then use the first unit to tire RW so that when he rested, the "bench" could do the damage? What if that was how he prep'd his team to play against OKC?

Russell's poor shooting usually occurred in the 4th quarters, which one could argue he was fatigued then. What if that was Mike's plan knowing Russell would opt to play hero ball?

You can say what you will about systems. Some coaches adapt depending on what they have at their disposal while others don't. Some have various offensive schemes to throw when they need buckets while some rely on their superstars to bail them out. If you do not see the intricate details the same way, that is perfectly fine. That goes for Lue, kerr, Pop and so on.

And BTW, without Beverley, Houston still wins the series neat.
Ol boy I should take your opinion over that of designated statisticians? I tire oh. There are stats that distinguish between Beverley and other teammates defensive efforts and you want me to accept your Telemundo. Beverley singlehandedly forced more turnovers than his teammates. Westbrook shot 15% lower while being guarded by him but keep talking about double and triple teams as if people compiling can't tell the difference.

And those leads were down to who? You mean D'Antoni sets his team to chase the game every time? Is he psychic to know Oladipo would shoot 4/17? Are you hearing yourself at all? D'Antoni knew Nene would shoot 100%? Coaches in typical game situations just go with the hot hand or hot rotation as the game rolls along. That is why Dwight Howard tonight did not play the entire 4th quarter of an elimination game. This is not football, the starter/bench concept is not the same. Certain players are just on the bench for show and vice versa. That is why Lue can sit Love and Kyrie the entire 4th quarter of a playoff game

Anyway I no dey for your unverifiable 'What if' Telemundo.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:03am On Apr 29, 2017
And all my boxing niggas. Joshua x Klitschko. Who ya got?

SIRcumalot:
Smart choice. Its all mental for the Wizards. They for me are still the only team that can beat the Cavs ATBE.

Especially if X-factors like Markieff show up.

That Wall and Beal combo is too lethal.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:05am On Apr 29, 2017
SIRcumalot:

remember that saying about the enemy you know.

Una too like to dey fear pesin for hia angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:11am On Apr 29, 2017
A40:

At 41, W. Klitschko has slowed down, and may not possesses the power punch the Ukrainian is renowned for, however, i still think he has the experience to win this fight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Apr 29, 2017
The post season is all about adjustments, and Brad proved again he is worth the talk. Closing this series in Chicago was an important learning curve for this young roster. Big AL is beginning to prove his worth, and experience by averaging a double double after game 3.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24am On Apr 29, 2017
Roland17:

At 41, W. Klitschko has slowed down, and may not possesses the power punch the Ukrainian is renowned for, however, i still think he has the experience to win this fight.
I haven't seen Joshua really go the full length so its hard to tell what his cardio and chin is like. But the guy dey throw blow abeg oh. He tends to be a bit wild with it but if he can land his punches with accuracy he could even land a K.O.

Klitschko at this point is just a jab n grab merchant tbh. If he couldn't knockdown Fury, Haye even Samuel Peters then I doubt he can knockdown Joshua. Anything can happen sha but I wouldn't take Joshua serious if he doesn't win this fight.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:27am On Apr 29, 2017
A40:

After wetin klitcshko do my man samuel peter? Na joshua na.

Joshua got quicker hands but klitschko has more knockout power. I think thats why Joshua is weighing in 10lbs more...im betting its all muscle so he can put more firepower behind his quick shots
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:42am On Apr 29, 2017
birdman:

Una too like to dey fear pesin for hia angry
wetin I talk na?

This Chris Paul trademark move no get antidote at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.