Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618155 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

People try to elevate and over emphasize what others did to bring him down without examining the depth of his challenges. I'm a realist, its easy saying jeffrey is the goat cause everyone says so. Take balls to realize that there is no such thing and even more to say it out loud against all adversity.
There is nothing ballsy about wilful ignorance

A more intelligent mind would try to find out what was it about the GOAT that made him the Greatest. Even your Queen aspires to be him.

2007 and 2015 are the only two Finals I can point to and say Lebron did not have a prayer. The rest could have gone either way and no amount of noise would wipe those 3 L's from his C.V.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

how I take tell you how to make your argument? where the inconsistency?
it doesn't matter if the team na through draft or free agency or mixture of the two the warriors na superteam and na only one we fit get.
Abeg just dead the matter. If you believe a team with 3 All-stars who can combine for 80pts in a Finals series is not a superteam as well then let's not waste each other's time
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

A more intelligent mind would try to find out what was it about the GOAT that made him the Greatest. Even your Queen aspires to be him.

2007 and 2015 are the only two Finals I can point to and say Lebron did not have a prayer. The rest could have gone either way and no amount of noise would wipe those 3 L's from his C.V.

What convinced me even more about LeBrons greatness is the stu.pid arguments your blind witness put forth about Jordan. If what you lot have been arguing is what makes him the goat then he's no goat at all. That's what this mind deduced. If people didn't hate him so much they'd see that too, probably the most hated athlete in the world and for no reason.

Jordan has always been his idol. To surpass your idol, nothing better. He's just happy to be in the conversation. He's winning.

And this year? The Spurs? SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Abeg just dead the matter. If you believe a team with 3 All-stars who can combine for 80pts in a Finals series is not a superteam as well then let's not waste each other's time

No team he's ever been on compares to this warriors team. As a matter of fact, take him out of the teams and put anyone else in his place, what are they?
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
Let's see this Dumbo's arguments in slow-mo.

Kevin Durant-1st pick
Stephen Curry-2nd pick
Andre Iguodala-9th pick
Klay Thompson-11th pick
Draymond Green-35th pick

VS

LeBron James-1st pick
Kyrie Irving-1st pick
Kevin Love-5th pick
Derek Williams-2nd pick
Deron Williams-2nd pick
Tristan Thmopson-4th pick

Of the above:
Which team should be winning the finals?
Which team is more of a super team?

This little miscreant has been twisting facts with lies, and tells us about who is favorite. On the basis of draft picks, should the Cavs lose this series?
Just asking.

#knowyourGOAT

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

What convinced me even more about LeBrons greatness is the stu.pid arguments your blind witness put forth about Jordan. If what you lot have been arguing is what makes him the goat then he's no goat at all. That's what this mind deduced. If people didn't hate him so much they'd see that too, probably the most hated athlete in the world and for no reason.

Jordan has always been his idol. To surpass your idol, nothing better. He's just happy to be in the conversation. He's winning.

And this year? The Spurs? SMH
If Lebron is your preference that is perfectly OK. There are people that also think Lil Wayne is better than Nas. Don't disrespect the GOAT by tagging him a flat track bully and act distressed when shyte is thrown at your Queen.

It is pointless to cry about hate. I doubt he is as hated as Ronaldo, even KD it can be argued has faced more hate this year alone than Bron ever did. Mamba was hated even by Lakers fans. The best athletes all get hate same way they get groupie love and the love of the creepy kind (check Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright). Its a yin and yang situation and sports would be boring without it

Which Spurs? 07? I included them already. This year? No way Jose! That team had a shot.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

According to our resident blockhead, LeBron was favourite only in 2 series.
Not against a rubbish Dallas team in 2011
Not agains a young OKC in 2012
Both with home court advantage
Not against San Antonio in 2013, also with home court

Then he will accuse people of being blind when he is dead.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

If Lebron is your preference that is perfectly OK. There are people that also think Lil Wayne is better than Nas. Don't disrespect the GOAT by tagging him a flat track bully and act distressed when shyte is thrown at your Queen.
Excellent! seems we're making progress here.

Seriously? Lil wayne?

Cudi>lil wayne and thats not even close.

It is pointless to cry about hate. I doubt he is as hated as Ronaldo, even KD it can be argued has faced more hate this year alone than Bron ever did. Mamba was hated even by Lakers fans. The best athletes all get hate same way they get groupie love and the love of the creepy kind (check Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright). Its a yin and yang situation and sports would be boring without it
Ronaldo, another much hated GOAT. But no, for every hater ronaldo has, he has 2 fans. He is quite loved.

Which Spurs? 07? I included them already. This year? No way Jose! That team had a shot.
2014. This year? according to ESPN's numbers the cavs had a 7 percent chance of winning.

Best offensive team with as good a defense as anyone vs a strong offensive team with no D. Lets be honest, it was always gonna end this way unless the warriors choked. The ball was always in their court.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

According to our resident blockhead, LeBron was favourite only in 2 series.
Not against a rubbish Dallas team in 2011
Not agains a young OKC in 2012
Both with home court advantage
Not against San Antonio in 2013, also with home court

Then he will accuse people of being blind when he is dead.

He was favorite against the mavs, i maintain the only dent on his resume. As for everything else i guess you know better than the bookmakers and analysts that predicted the odds. Mighty you. grin

2007: Vs Spurs +360 (Lost)
2011: Vs Mavs -175 (Lost)
2012: Vs Thunder +155 (Won)
2013: Vs Spurs -220 (Won)
2014: Vs Spurs +135 (Lost)
2015: Vs Warriors +190 (Lost)
2016: Vs Warriors +180 (Won)
2017: Vs Warriors +220
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

No team he's ever been on compares to this warriors team. As a matter of fact, take him out of the teams and put anyone else in his place, what are they?
That is the problem we have with you Lebron fans. You people are never consistent. He gets all the praise when it goes well but he is above blame when it doesn't

How you are feeling now is how the rest of the league felt about that Miami Heat team from 2010 to 2014

I'm challenging you now to bring out any 3 man combination from the Warriors that would generate the 80pt average that the Cavs big 3 did.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

Kevin Durant-1st pick
Stephen Curry-2nd pick
Andre Iguodala-9th pick
Klay Thompson-11th pick
Draymond Green-35th pick

VS

LeBron James-1st pick
Kyrie Irving-1st pick
Kevin Love-5th pick
Derek Williams-2nd pick
Deron Williams-2nd pick

Of the above:

This little miscreant has been twisting facts with lies, and tells us about who is favorite. On the basis of draft picks, should the Cavs lose this series?
Just asking.

#knowyourGOAT
funny enough(Seems we have all forgotten about Greg Oden), I think KD went second?. Cleveland has two but they are not a super team grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

That is the problem we have with you Lebron fans. You people are never consistent. He gets all the praise when it goes well but he is above blame when it doesn't

How you are feeling now is how the rest of the league felt about that Miami Heat team from 2010 to 2014

I'm challenging you now to bring out any 3 man combination from the Warriors that would generate the 80pt average that the Cavs big 3 did.

He gets all the praise because with what hes given its his greatness that helps them thrive. If they dont then they werent expected too in the first place.

The heats werent the best team in the league, not by a long shot. Even if they were (They weren't), they didnt add the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league to make things even worse.

KD+Curry+Thompson can but they dont have to. Their bench and role players are great. We have deron williams grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

Kevin Durant-1st pick
Stephen Curry-2nd pick
Andre Iguodala-9th pick
Klay Thompson-11th pick
Draymond Green-35th pick

VS

LeBron James-1st pick
Kyrie Irving-1st pick
Kevin Love-5th pick
Derek Williams-2nd pick
Deron Williams-2nd pick

Of the above:

Just asking.

#knowyourGOAT

And idiotts think order of draft pick ensures a players performance.

Derrick williams? Deron williams? grin

which fact did i twist? is there any reliable prediction machinery that didnt make the warriors the favorites by a mile?

You just love saying stuupid shiit dont you?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Donlittle:
funny enough(Seems we have all forgotten about Greg Oden), I think KD went second?. Cleveland has two but they are not a super team grin grin

LOL! According to your friend since hes a no 1 pick hes a great player.

You all drafted your brains to somewhere. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

LOL! According to your friend since hes a no 1 pick hes a great player.

You all drafted your brains to somewhere. grin

You don't have sense and can't comprehend.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Donlittle:
You don't have sense and can't comprehend.

You're the imb.ecile who believes a players draft pick determines his performance.

Like you said, most people have forgotten who ugly lebron is.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

You're the imb.ecile who believes a players draft pick determines his performance.

Like you said, most people have forgotten who ugly lebron is.
you got it bruh, you got it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Excellent! seems we're making progress here.

Seriously? Lil wayne?

Cudi>lil wayne and thats not even close.
Depends on your generation. You would understand when you get older. To some Drake is better than Nas. Sport like art is always subjective. But when you shit on other's favorites then expect feedback

VomeSchakleton:
Ronaldo, another much hated GOAT. But no, for every hater ronaldo has, he has 2 fans. He is quite loved.
Lebron has like 50million followers on Twitter. He ain't that hated. I have friends who can take a bullet for Lebron. He's sorta like John Cena. You either really love him or really hate him

VomeSchakleton:
2014. This year? according to ESPN's numbers the cavs had a 7 percent chance of winning.
After they went 3-0 down most likely. If its before which I doubt then it would explain why ESPN is in crisis right now
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Depends on your generation. You would understand when you get older. To some Drake is better than Nas. Sport like art is always subjective. But when you shit on other's favorites then expect feedback
Good. Stop shitting on lebron.

Lebron has like 50million followers on Twitter. He ain't that hated. I have friends who can take a bullet for Lebron. He's sorta like John Cena. You either really love him or really hate him
His haters far exceed his lovers. You know this. Like someone posted, people dont care warriors won. All they care is that lebron lost.

After they went 3-0 down most likely. If its before which I doubt then it would explain why ESPN is in crisis right now
Before the start of the series. Its not just them, its bookmakers and prediction algorithms as well. Analysts can be subjective but these indicators are precise.

Best offensive team with as good a defense as anyone vs a strong offensive team with no D. Lets be honest, it was always gonna end this way unless the warriors choked. The ball was always in their court.
Fact
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

He gets all the praise because with what hes given its his greatness that helps them thrive. If they dont then they werent expected too in the first place.
Its his greatness that allows Kyrie drop 40+ pts in multiple Finals games? Or Mike Miller drop 7 3's in a Finals game? You can't have it both ways mate. He can't get credit for role players doing their job and be free from blame when they don't

VomeSchakleton:

The heats werent the best team in the league, not by a long shot. Even if they were (They weren't), they didnt add the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league to make things even worse.
They were the best team in the league. Its erroneous to claim the Bulls who punched above their weight were better. Their 2nd best player was goddamn Luol Deng. Don't use no fluky 1 season show to obscure the view. 3 All stars! They didn't call them the Heatles for show

VomeSchakleton:

KD+Curry+Thompson can but they dont have to. Their bench and role players are great. We have deron williams grin
Thompson couldn't he was shyte all series. Lol only two guys worth a damn on that Warriors bench. Iggy and Livingston
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Good. Stop shitting on lebron.
Don't be so sensitive mate

VomeSchakleton:
His haters far exceed his lovers. You know this. Like someone posted, people dont care warriors won. All they care is that lebron lost.
Do you know the millions upon millions of fans that ran from Cleveland to Miami to Cleveland again? Nobody even talks about the Heat anymore. People love Lebron. Forget

You people just like Lebron have martyr complex. You rarely hear Kobe and the GOAT fans talk about hate. Our faves embraced the hate and the fans emulated that mindset. Kobe was even more hated than Lebron, go and do your research.

VomeSchakleton:
Before the start of the series. Its not just them, its bookmakers and prediction algorithms as well. Analysts can be subjective but these indicators are precise.
You are not a betting man so you might not realize that in sports 1+1 does not always equate to 2.

Ridiculous predictions like that is how we chop bookmakers from time to time. Those odds are prohibitive and not totally in tune with reality as the games showed

VomeSchakleton:

Best offensive team with as
good a defense as anyone vs
a strong offensive team with
no D. Lets be honest, it was
always gonna end this way
unless the warriors choked.
The ball was always in their
court.
Its rare for two teams to ever go into a matchup with the exact same strength. It is likely one is more favored than the other or stronger than the other in some areas no matter what. I liken these Finals to the Pacman vs Mayweather fight. Floyd might have been the favorite but had Manny won you won't catch me calling it an upset.

The Cavs were 8-11 vs Golden State going into this matchup. 5 of those 19 games the Cavs were without Love and Kyrie
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Stephen A smith is a hell of character grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
LeBron is the GROAT. the Greatest Runner-Up of all time
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2017
A40:

Don't be so sensitive mate
Nope. My point is I will always be there to defend him.

Do you know the millions upon millions of fans that ran from Cleveland to Miami to Cleveland again? Nobody even talks about the Heat anymore. People love Lebron. Forget
Cleveland fans didn't follow him to Miami, they burnt his jersey and cursed him. They knew what would happen not only to the cavs but to the city in general, they weren't wrong.

What about the millions of NBA fans that hate him up till now for doing nothing wrong.

Like iverson warned him "they love you... But they're just waiting"

You people just like Lebron have martyr complex. You rarely hear Kobe and the GOAT fans talk about hate. Our faves embraced the hate and the fans emulated that mindset. Kobe was even more hated than Lebron, go and do your research
I love Kobe. My first favorite NBA superstar, many even bron and Jordan fans loved him. Defended him when you know what happened. Imagine if that was LeBron. Nah, no way.

You are not a betting man so you might not realize that in sports 1+1 does not always equate to 2.

Ridiculous predictions like that is how we chop bookmakers from time to time. Those odds are prohibitive and not totally in tune with reality as the games showed
Bookmakers are rarely wrong. In this case they were spot on. Heck, would you have bet on the cavs, be honest. Even as a kingsman with all that hope I wouldn't have. Deep down Watching our D especially when we played the Celtics in game 3 I thought we were going to get swept.

Its rare for two teams to ever go into a matchup with the exact same strength. It is likely one is more favored than the other or stronger than the other in some areas no matter what. I liken these Finals to the Pacman vs Mayweather fight. Floyd might have been the favorite but had Manny won you won't catch me calling it an upset.
True. But in this case there was a clear favorite. Wasn't even close. It's like Real Madrid Vs Arsenal. One team simply better, the other people think might be good enough to stage an upset but we know that's a long shot from happening.

The Cavs were 8-11 vs Golden State going into this matchup. 5 of those 19 games the Cavs were without Love and Kyrie
You forget something. KD! Makes this a completely different monster.
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 12:10am On Jun 14, 2017
It ain't my time yet but I fast-tracked it, call me KEVIN DURANT. LOL
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 12:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Paul George or Jimmy butler, who do yall think is a perfect fit for the cavs?

I wld go with pg13 though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 14, 2017
A40:

Its his greatness that allows Kyrie drop 40+ pts in multiple Finals games? Or Mike Miller drop 7 3's in a Finals game? You can't have it both ways mate. He can't get credit for role players doing their job and be free from blame when they don't
Partly yes. When know what happens when LeBron doesn't play. Cavs are 1/9. When he sits they start conceding baskets.

Uncle drew I special and I love him so I won't go into his flaws. But him and bron dropping points against a team like this isn't enough. Sometimes Love doesn't show up or TT against a team like GSW that's suicidal. Only way they'll win is if they consistently play like game 3.

How many open did they make a mess of in the first few games?

What's even worse is our bench is absolutely awful.

They were the best team in the league. Its erroneous to claim the Bulls who punched above their weight were better. Their 2nd best player was goddamn Luol Deng. Don't use no fluky 1 season show to obscure the view. 3 All stars! They didn't call them the Heatles for show
Bulls, Celtics. That's just the east. What about the west? You know anything that comes out of there is no joke.

Thompson couldn't he was shyte all series. Lol only two guys worth a damn on that Warriors bench. Iggy and Livingston
Like I said, can. This is a guy who scored 60 in one half. One of the best scorers know the league. He didnt even have to play his best for them to win.

Iggy is very good on both ends and a great talent to have. Even David west showed up and the kid bar his missing 3s showed heart.

We have Deron Williams. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 14, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Paul George or Jimmy butler, who do yall think is a perfect fit for the cavs?

I wld go with pg13 though.

Paul George is far better. Good defender as well.

But non of these guys will mean anything if we don't work on our defence. That's should be the priority.
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 12:31am On Jun 14, 2017
Ersan:

Paul George is far better. Good defender as well.

But non of these guys will mean anything if we don't work on our defence. That's should be the priority.

Yeah pg is that guy that can give you buckets and play good defense. Times like this he would have play good d on Kevin Durant to ease the pressure off LeBron
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 14, 2017
Bobbieydeey:

Yeah pg is that guy that can give you buckets and play good defense. Times like this he would have play good d on Kevin Durant to ease the pressure off LeBron

Yuuup. But the question is who do we trade. Personally I only want TT out. Edy Tavares can't play any worse than him.

TT isn't enough for PG or butler. But they could lose him for nothing through free agency. So let's see what happens...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 14, 2017
Just thought about what Roland17 said, David west left 10 million dollars on the table to win a ring. Don't know about yall, but couldn't be me. It ain't that serious angry shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 14, 2017
The Paul George issue is a disaster waiting to happen. You are not going to win anything if you have THREE superstars that need the ball in their hands to perform. Wade and Lebron, Yeah. Wade, and Kyrie, Yeah. Bron, Kyrie, and PG? ISO Ball? four players standing around while one player takes his turn?

You guys will lose another series now, and say lebron does not have enough help

You better call your front office to go after Gordon Hayward.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.