Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621095 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ersan:

Keep twisting my words foool

Like i said game 4 love is a gem

game 5 love is a bum

would still love to keep him for his unique qualities.
I thought you weren't reading. Move on abeg

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I thought you weren't reading. Move on abeg

You're the easiest bum to chastise.

Don't worry, i will always have time for you. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
6'9

Good jumper

Great at attacking the rim and one of the best dunkers in the league

Good rebounder

Good defender

Good 3 point shooter

Hes not a good fit cause he has to handle

bunch of fooolish bums grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
Donlittle:
lmao bruh, Niggas over estimate their importance.

Requoted for emphasis.

"Bench players talking like starters, I hate it!"- Drake.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
Eruditor:

I remember when we kept saying their D was the problem then, but because GM Lebronda said they needed a playmaker, they focused on playmaker and played him off the ball and they wonder why Deron played like trash. Just imagine if Kerr played Shaun L off the ball as a catch and shoot player. lol
Donlittle:
It seems I am the only one seeing things. How do you put three top players that like to be ball dominant in their hands? These guys can't really play off the ball.

Remember Goerge isn't a player like bosh or Garnett that can get theirs under the basket?

They might win with him, but it will take a long time I bet.

It's a hard offer to pass up honestly if it comes up, but I definitely wouldn't do it.

People forget the KD addition worked because dude only needs the ball for 4 seconds to be effective.
They'll believe the Warriors fans are just scared.. You see how all those things don't solve their defensive problems and rebounding issues when TT goes off.. I want them to go hard and all in for him. Spend all summer butthurt and crying and spend all season struggling.. Continue.. Okponu Franchise

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Donlittle:
Lol you eating ramen noodles every day and night, Kevin Durant don't need your respect

Just saw this grin

In addition to my many talents small fry, i am also a very good chef. I can't remember the last time i ate ramen partly for the sodium content. But you have me craving it again grin

You bum!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:
They'll believe the Warriors fans are just scared.. You see how all those things don't solve their defensive problems and rebounding issues when TT goes off.. I want them to go hard and all in for him. Spend all summer butthurt and crying and spend all season struggling.. Continue.. Okponu Franchise

grin grin

Remember when we were jealous they had a better bench?

Ahhhhh! Good times.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Actually, this move would put PG on kevin durant, lebron can carry out other defensive duties. I want tavares as the rim protector.

This way we're more solid defensively. Our bench also needs restructuring.

Griffin has a lot of work to do but i trust him.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
we keep our main guys,discard those that can't help and try to fight the warriors again.
am almost tempted to say
:trade for cousins mainly cause I don't think the warriors can handle his size inside but,the dude is crazy.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:
we keep our main guys,discard those that can't help and try to fight the warriors again.
am almost tempted to say
:trade for cousins mainly cause I don't think the warriors can handle his size inside but,the dude is crazy.
Someone's thinking
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:
am almost tempted to say
:trade for cousins mainly cause I don't think the warriors can handle his size but the dude is crazy.

Boogie will pull a draymond and get suspended

Goat, Uncle Drew, PG, Love and EDY TAVARES BABY! 7'3 with a 7'9 wing span, D league defensive player of the year. Cant be any worse than TT in these finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Eruditor:

grin grin

Remember when we were jealous they had a better bench?

Ahhhhh! Good times.

I remember Lola defending the playmaker issue for days with all her heart.. I don't even want to talk about how effective those 3 guys they added were. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I remember Lola defending the playmaker issue for days with all her heart.. I don't even want to talk about how effective those 3 guys they added were. grin

She is definitely going to gain weight with all the humble pie she go chop this post-season.

cheesy

SirCumAlot told me I was scared then. I remember bro. I remember.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ersan:

Boogie will pull a draymond and get suspended

Goat, Uncle Drew, PG, Love and EDY TAVARES BABY! 7'3 with a 7'9 wing span, D league defensive player of the year. Cant be any worse than TT in these finals.
j.r Smith used to be considered a mad man, his s a champion now. am sure bron can make it work.
P.G is another wing player I don't know about that fit.
why this tavares guy no feature for this series sef?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:

j.r Smith used to be considered a mad man, his s a champion now. am sure bron can make it work.
P.G is another wing player I don't know about that fit.
why this tavares guy no feature for this series sef?

People were worried about how durant would fit in with the warriors. Great players always adjust, plus he has lebron.

Tavares got injured.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ersan:

People were worried about how durant would fit in with the warriors. Great players always adjust, plus he has lebron.

Tavares got injured.
i was worried he would fit waaaay too much and that na wetin happen.

we won't get any of the two
,so no wahala.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
Eruditor:

She is definitely going to gain weight with all the humble pie she go chop this post-season.

cheesy

SirCumAlot told me I was scared then. I remember bro. I remember.
My chest grin grin grin grin grin grin
Cavs fans be like "STAYYY INN YOOURRR LANE".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McprfK5MHr8
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:
My chest grin grin grin grin grin grin
Cavs fans be like "STAYYY INN YOOURRR LANE".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McprfK5MHr8

lavar ball will beat jordan one on one.

Facts
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:
am almost tempted to say

What of Anthony Davis?

I think he would be a great addition for the team if he could find a way to stay healthy. I don't mind we giving up Love. Dude, to me, is not meant for the big stage.
We need to do something about James Jones, Deron Williams and Dahntay Jones as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ersan:

Agreed. Lebron leveraged the front office into paying these bums too much. These guys are earning more than curry right now, i know he'll sign a contract soon but right now thats the situation.

Like KD is about to take a pay cut bron should take one too.

Only knicks are desperate enough to take TT and JR (I doubt they will + hes brons buddy) for melo and i honestly dont think melo is the right fit.

It would have to be a three or even four team trade for this to work. We need paul george and love to standard a chance.
That roster was not built for a dynasty IMHO. When you have 5 guys on 8 figure salaries there is going to be a price to pay.

Lebron would likely have Dan Gilbert pay more luxury tax. However the team as it is can't add PG. Something has to give.

Melo would be a disaster for the Cavs. You are better off standing pat. I would let go of the older bench vets if I could. Williams, Frye, Jefferson, Korver if possible and get younger guys who can contribute

The Defense is horrible too. I know they added KD but the Cavs tried to play like Golden State a little too much
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
Muna15:

What of Anthony Davis?

I think he would be a great addition for the team if he could find a way to stay healthy. I don't mind we giving up Love. Dude, to me, is not meant for the big stage.
We need to do something about James Jones, Deron Williams and Dahntay Jones as well.
Trade for Anthony davis? please, tell me, what do you have to give the pelicans? shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Michael Jordan Career High Highlights vs Cavaliers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M2NCcSxKLY

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Donlittle:
Trade for Anthony davis? please, tell me, what do you have to give the pelicans? shocked

They need all the LOVE they can get. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Donlittle:

Lol.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ersan:

Nope. My point is I will always be there to defend him.

Cleveland fans didn't follow him to Miami, they burnt his jersey and cursed him. They knew what would happen not only to the cavs but to the city in general, they weren't wrong.

What about the millions of NBA fans that hate him up till now for doing nothing wrong.

Like iverson warned him "they love you... But they're just waiting"

I love Kobe. My first favorite NBA superstar, many even bron and Jordan fans loved him. Defended him when you know what happened. Imagine if that was LeBron. Nah, no way.

Bookmakers are rarely wrong. In this case they were spot on. Heck, would you have bet on the cavs, be honest. Even as a kingsman with all that hope I wouldn't have. Deep down Watching our D especially when we played the Celtics in game 3 I thought we were going to get swept.

True. But in this case there was a clear favorite. Wasn't even close. It's like Real Madrid Vs Arsenal. One team simply better, the other people think might be good enough to stage an upset but we know that's a long shot from happening.

You forget something. KD! Makes this a completely different monster.
You are talking about Ohioans. The Lebron fan in Shanghai or Obalende would support Golden State even if Lebron went there. Gbagbe story

All the people that used to shout Heat Nation, White Hot Heat are now screaming Defend The Land even while Wade and Bosh were still in Miami

You people are just dwelling unnecessarily on the normal hate that comes with a successful team, athlete, entertainer. It comes with the package. If he was that hated he wouldn't sell the most shoes, jerseys (till Steph came) have the most social media followers of any American athlete, grab the most endorsements. Companies wouldn't pay overwhelmingly hated athletes to sell their product. People love Lebron more than they ever loved Kobe. Truth

Haha don't even go there. People still call Kobe a rapist till this day despite him never being found guilty and the lying a$s woman went away unschathed. I don't know how old you were in 2004 but I was in my teens and I can tell you the Kobe hate was at an all time high. Lakers Fans hated him for allegedly chasing Shaq away (everybody loves Shaq) women and people who knew zilch about basketball hated him for cheating and alleged rape. What you are seeing today is child's play. Belee that

I expected the series to go at least 6 games. I wouldn't bet on the Cavs for the Durant factor and the fact that the Warriors likely would have learned from last year's debacle. I still believed the Cavs had a chance watching how badly Klay and Draymond had been for large swathes of the playoffs compared to Steph and KD. A few Cavs players coasted and didn't show up till it was too little too late. E.g TT and J.R Smith.
Williams, Korver, Frye, Jefferson didn't do enough. The Cavs roster last year was not as deep as this year's. The truth is Durant aside the effort this year was lacking, A 4-1 L for me is unacceptable. Good as Durant is this series had no business ending in 5

The Cavs tried to play like Golden State a little too much
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
If I were a Cavs fan I'd be looking at a guy like Kristaps Porzingis. He is an upgrade from Love on D. He has crazy upside and would not turn the offense upside down.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
Muna15:

What of Anthony Davis?

he would be very good but that trade is impossible,davis trade value is too high.

those guy don comot already.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:

he would be very good but that trade is impossible,davis trade value is too high.

those guy don comot already.

What if we offer them Love and probably the first/second picks we get from trading TT and Kay Felder?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
Muna15:

What if we offer them Love and probably the first/second picks we get from trading TT and Kay Felder?

I won't make the deal,I don't think the pelicans go do am too.
AD na boss o.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I won't make the deal,I don't think the pelicans go do am too.
AD na boss o.

Baba, I sabi!

But the Finals shows we can no longer rely on LeBron defensively and we need a BIG MAN to have a chance of winning the title or even making the finals next season (Boston dey come).

Cousins, to me, is kinda slow compare to AD. But it would be nice to have him if the AD thing does not work. Someone suggested KP, but I think he's not the right guy for us right now because our team is not built for the long term.

We also need work on trading Shump for Patrick Berverly and try to get a decent PF/Center for TT. I don't mind if we get Mozgov back.

Or what do you think we need to do?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Porzingis is about the only quality big guy you would add to your roster that would still give you a shot at PG. However I don't think any GM would be that stewpid to collect TT and J.R on that contract (well the Mavs did give Harrison Barnes max so there's that)

Love would still be the best bet to put on the block.

KP is 7'2 and can run the ball, score in the low post, shoot from range and can block shots. He is essentially a poor man's Nowitzki. I'd go for him if I could if I were the Cavs

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.