Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631812 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
A40:
Porzingis is about the only quality big guy you would add to your roster that would still give you a shot at PG. However I don't think any GM would be that stewpid to collect TT and J.R on that contract (well the Mavs did give Harrison Barnes max so there's that)

Love would still be the best bet to put on the block.

KP is 7'2 and can run the ball, score in the low post, shoot from range and can block shots. He is essentially a poor man's Nowitzki. I'd go for him if I could if I were the Cavs

KP is not bad either but I think the Cavs team needs someone who can hit the ground running.

In any case, the team needs to sacrifice Love and TT for real Bigs.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Muna15:

Baba, I sabi!

But the Finals shows we can no longer rely on LeBron defensively and we need a BIG MAN to have a chance of winning the title or even making the finals next season (Boston dey come).

Cousins, to me, is kinda slow compare to AD. But it would be nice to have him if the AD thing does not work. Someone suggested KP, but I think he's not the right guy for us right now because our team is not built for the long term.

We also need work on trading Shump for Patrick Berverly and try to get a decent PF/Center for TT. I don't mind if we get Mozgov back.

Or what do you think we need to do?
Muna15:

Baba, I sabi!

But the Finals shows we can no longer rely on LeBron defensively and we need a BIG MAN to have a chance of winning the title or even making the finals next season (Boston dey come).

Cousins, to me, is kinda slow compare to AD. But it would be nice to have him if the AD thing does not work. Someone suggested KP, but I think he's not the right guy for us right now because our team is not built for the long term.

We also need work on trading Shump for Patrick Berverly and try to get a decent PF/Center for TT. I don't mind if we get Mozgov back.

Or what do you think we need to do?
Boston never reach.
their is never going to be a perfect fit,love sef,sacrifice him game for the team.
I won't be surprised if KD start to dey guard slender bigs like Davis well.
Cousins is huge.
the rockets don't want shump,Beverly had a great season. I'll still keep TT.
mozgod contract is crazy you don't want that.

the squad go assemble make we just dey watch.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
Muna15:

KP is not bad either but I think the Cavs team needs someone who can hit the ground running.

In any case, the team needs to sacrifice Love and TT for real Bigs.
KP is not bad? Whutttt!!

He averaged 18pts and 7 reb last season despite playing with ball hog Melo who still don't realize his time is up. The boy is a gem

The Porzingod is just 22. I'd trade anybody but Kyrie and Bron for him if I were Cavs GM
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Do you guys want our number 9 pick? We will give him to you for Kevin love
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
A40:

You are talking about Ohioans. The Lebron fan in Shanghai or Obalende would support Golden State even if Lebron went there. Gbagbe story

No, i'm talking about NBA fans like laker fans or celtics fans who hate him for that till today. He has non cleveland fans but they do not outnumber those who hate him.

All the people that used to shout Heat Nation, White Hot Heat are now screaming Defend The Land even while Wade and Bosh were still in Miami
Yes we are! grin Defend the land!

You people are just dwelling unnecessarily on the normal hate that comes with a successful team, athlete, entertainer. It comes with the package. If he was that hated he wouldn't sell the most shoes, jerseys (till Steph came) have the most social media followers of any American athlete, grab the most endorsements. Companies wouldn't pay overwhelmingly hated athletes to sell their product. People love Lebron more than they ever loved Kobe. Truth

Most cleveland fans will buy lebron jerseys plus his non cleveland fans.

For other teams they have a few players to pick from. How many jerseys could he have been selling if steph is now selling more than him? grin

Haha don't even go there. People still call Kobe a rapist till this day despite him never being found guilty and the lying a$s woman went away unschathed. I don't know how old you were in 2004 but I was in my teens and I can tell you the Kobe hate was at an all time high. Lakers Fans hated him for allegedly chasing Shaq away (everybody loves Shaq) women and people who knew zilch about basketball hated him for cheating and alleged rape. What you are seeing today is child's play. Belee that

Its been long since i saw anything like that. Even during the time celebrities like dave chapelle and most of the black community threw their support behind him. I havent seen anything about it in a long time. Though It seems people appreciate players more after they retire. I still don't believe they hated kobe more than lebron though. What makes him even more hated is the fact that hes going after jordans throne, people dont like it when you mess with their "god".

I expected the series to go at least 6 games. I wouldn't bet on the Cavs for the Durant factor and the fact that the Warriors likely would have learned from last year's debacle. I still believed the Cavs had a chance watching how badly Klay and Draymond had been for large swathes of the playoffs compared to Steph and KD. A few Cavs players coasted and didn't show up till it was too little too late. E.g TT and J.R Smith.
Williams, Korver, Frye, Jefferson didn't do enough. The Cavs roster last year was not as deep as this year's. The truth is Durant aside the effort this year was lacking, A 4-1 L for me is unacceptable. Good as Durant is this series had no business ending in 5

The Cavs tried to play like Golden State a little too much
You clearly didnt see what i saw right from january. Forget what i say deep down i always feared we were going to get swept.

Kyrie and lebron get a pass, everyone else played like a scrub like you said until was too late. Others didnt at all. Korver failed his sole purpose on the team, hitting 3s.

It was already a tough task, how could we possibly have a chance with these lot playing the way they did.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Bill Russel

Larry Bird ( The first stretch forward in my books who could score, rebound, and more importantly, PASS the ball)

Robert Parish

Biil Walton (Even after several injuries with Portland)

Danny Ainge

Cedric Maxwell

Kevin Mchale

Our style of play over decades has kind of remained same, it has remained ingrained in our identity, and i am glad Brad Stevens is holding still to ball movement.

#respecttomylegends
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:23am On Jun 15, 2017
Ewuro4:
Owkay! See y'all next season guys. Missing some Guys here, birdman etc

yes ooo...next season man smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:35am On Jun 15, 2017
i have fully recovered from this loss grin Once again, Lebron let down by the studs that were supposed to be helping. Love just never really got going. JR played like a dog etc. If not for Kyrie it would be a sweep.

But hats off to dem warriors, definitely a team for the ages. Im not shedding any tears for lebron and company btw - they got millions and kardashians to return to tongue

if im not able to keep up with this board, i hope everyone is in one piece or better next season. this thread is the only reason im still on nairaland. there are some good peeps here!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2017
The first thing I think the cavs need is to find a comfortable playing style. Golden state is not far ahead of the cavs in personnel but in the way they play. That series could have easily bn a 7 games series based on how the players from each team performed. I will say it again, Durant and Curry didn't outplay LeBron and Kyrie and offensively, Klay and Draymond were average. Warriors were superior because they play a style that the players are all comfortable with and gives them an extra edge just like what made barca invisible especially in the pep era.
Cavs and warriors are similar in terms of personnel.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:51am On Jun 15, 2017
Manutd19, Eruditor, A40, Donlittle, Lolawilliams, Birdman, Skywalker5, Roland17, Ersan, Muna15, Sircumalot
Take your time to check this video.. This has been the problem of the Cavs from the beginning. And we some of us here kept mentioning it but y'all didn't agree. Y'all so good offensively with Bron and Kyrie what about the fundamentals of Defense. Lemme keep quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zgkcybr-A

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Manutd19, Eruditor, A40, Donlittle, Lolawilliams, Birdman, Skywalker5, Sircumalot
Take your time to check this video.. This has been the problem of the Cavs from the beginning. And we some of us here kept mentioning it but y'all didn't agree. Y'all so good offensively with Bron and Kyrie what about the fundamentals of Defense. Lemme keep quiet.

Call them Clevelan cause they have no D! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Ersan:

lavar ball will beat jordan one on one.

Facts
I almost disagreed
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Ersan:

Call them Clevelan cause they have no D! grin
You already figured. grin
Still watch the video maybe Free agency would solve the Cavs problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Will watch the video later SmooshCHN.

We are losing Jerry West to the Clippers. I am kinda sad even though his work is pretty much done here. Would forever remember the logo for shutting down the Klay/ Love trade few seasons back. For also helping us pitch KD.

I know he relishes the challenge plus Balmer is probably going to pay him a ton of money. I also know commuting the long distance to SF may have factored into his decision. Whatever it is, his vision and foresight will forever be cherished at GSW.

Hope he fails at the Clippers though. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2017
Eruditor:
Will watch the video later SmooshCHN.

We are losing Jerry West to the Clippers. I am kinda sad even though his work is pretty much done here. Would forever remember the logo for shutting down the Klay/ Love trade few seasons back. For also helping us pitch KD.

I know he relishes the challenge plus Balmer is probably going to pay him a ton of money. I also know commuting the long distance to SF may have factored into his decision. Whatever it is, his vision and foresight will forever be cherished at GSW.

Hope he fails at the Clippers though. grin
The video's worth it.. That last part tho cheesy Steve Balmer went really hard after him which is making me think Chris Paul may stay and they'll just get rid of some guys. Anyways, the Clipper aren't a threat in the next 3 years lipsrsealed Jerry West, Kenye West, North West, Westlife, it doesn't matter. KD is going 4/4 as champion cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Boston never reach.
their is never going to be a perfect fit,love sef,sacrifice him game for the team.
I won't be surprised if KD start to dey guard slender bigs like Davis well.
Cousins is huge.
the rockets don't want shump,Beverly had a great season. I'll still keep TT.
mozgod contract is crazy you don't want that.

the squad go assemble make we just dey watch.

Seriously? shocked

Dude avg around 4 ppg/4reb in the first three games and he couldn't protect the rim at all. KD just dey breeze pass am. The only guy that was able to guard KD a little was RJ.

Sacramento, Heat and Spurs defeated GSW during the regular season because of their dominance in the paint not just by shooting 3's.

I believe we need to improve as a unit defensively but we also need to get rid of unproductive guys for us to get any chance of winning the title.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2017
Manutd19:
The first thing I think the cavs need is to find a comfortable playing style. Golden state is not far ahead of the cavs in personnel but in the way they play. That series could have easily bn a 7 games series based on how the players from each team performed. I will say it again, Durant and Curry didn't outplay LeBron and Kyrie and offensively, Klay and Draymond were average. Warriors were superior because they play a style that the players are all comfortable with and gives them an extra edge just like what made barca invisible especially in the pep era.
Cavs and warriors are similar in terms of personnel.
Exactly. I like this. I don't buy that Cleveland had no shot narrative for even 10kobo. They are more like Barca vs Madrid, Barca would destroy you if you don't bring your A-game. That the series ended in 5 was an anticlimax for me. A sweep woulda been a disgrace
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
Muna15:

Seriously? shocked

Dude avg around 4 ppg/4reb in the first three games and he couldn't protect the rim at all. KD just dey breeze pass am. The only guy that was able to guard KD a little was RJ.

Sacramento, Heat and Spurs defeated GSW during the regular season because of their dominance in the paint not just by shooting 3's.

I believe we need to improve as a unit defensively but we also need to get rid of unproductive guys for us to get any chance of winning the title.

one bad series don't make a player.
na KD bro,
he'll be better next season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Manutd19, Eruditor, A40, Donlittle, Lolawilliams, Birdman, Skywalker5, Roland17, Ersan, Muna15, Sircumalot

The video is quite informative. Transition defense was one of the killers for the Cavs, and that is why i don't particularly regard T. Lue.

If you look at the video, you will observe the Cavs had 3, sometimes 4 players back on transition, however, they were always in confused state, lacked positional discipline, and court awareness, no one knew exactly who to pick, and when there was a switch there was no communication.

This is a coaching problem, T. Lue obviously did not plan for this aspect of the game. In one particular stretch of the video you could see Kyrie, and JR hide from a storming KD in transition leading to open baskets.

They definitely had players back, but there was no concrete game plan on how the players were supposed to cover the Warriors on transition. The annoying part is some of the transition buckets were led was 2 offensive players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

one bad series don't make a player.
na KD bro,
he'll be better next season.

KD will definitely improve as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
Roland17:

The video is quite informative. Transition defense was one of the killers for the Cavs, and that is why i don't particularly regard T. Lue.

If you look at the video, you will observe the Cavs had 3, sometimes 4 players back on transition, however, they were always in confused state, lacked positional discipline, and court awareness, no one knew exactly who to pick, and when there was a switch there was no communication.

This is a coaching problem, T. Lue obviously did not plan for this aspect of the game. In one particular stretch of the video you could see Kyrie, and JR hide from a storming KD in transition leading to open baskets.

They definitely had players back, but there was no concrete game plan on how the players were supposed to cover the Warriors on transition. The annoying part is some of the transition buckets were led was 2 offensive players.

All those will be solved when they add Paul George or Melo. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
Anyone watching the Parade?? It's Lit
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ersan:

Paul George is far better. Good defender as well.

But non of these guys will mean anything if we don't work on our defence. That's should be the priority.

Like i said earlier.

SmooshCHN
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go head bron. Go on grin
Nah i bleeps with bron on this one.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
That was savage from LeBron. My gawd
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
Donlittle:
That was savage from LeBron. My gawd

Was just about to post that! lmao! Did you see Greens response?

Maaaan! Gotta love the NBA! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lmaooo bruhhh. Golden State made this guy finally embrace his baldness

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 16, 2017
Even Brodie and the beard liked LeBrons post.
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 16, 2017
Whats even scarier than Lebron?

Bald Lebron!

Hes coming for you! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 16, 2017
A40

Draymond to Pierce: "Chasing that farewell tour. They don't love you like that...you thought you was Kobe!"

People love mamba. Believe.

Just out of curiosity i decided to see others opinion on this. Lebron is at the top of literally every most hated NBA players list.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2017
Ersan:
A40

Draymond to Pierce: "Chasing that farewell tour. They don't love you like that...you thought you was Kobe!"

People love mamba. Believe.

Just out of curiosity i decided to see others opinion on this. Lebron is at the top of literally every most hated NBA players list.
Loved when he was on the verge of retirement

Blacks make up how many percentage of Americans again? Come on man no black man wanted him to go out like Tyson. Especially when the broad was white. I'm telling you the Kobe hate was deeper than basketball. A black athlete alleged to take advantage of a white woman? Forget it! And then the Shaq rift. Its like you don't know how much people love Shaq. He didn't just ball he was an entertainer. No athlete has ever dealt with what Kobe went through in that span. 2003-2006

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils, etidy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.