Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630979 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ersan:

And many teams have crumbled trying to rebuild. Like i said, wasnt the same team anymore.
The G.O.A.T left for a year and a half and came back to dominate. You guys are straight out of excuses. No two teams are ever alike from season to season

Ersan:

Seeing as its the whole point of this argument....
The core was still there. Dumars-Isiah-Aguirre. Other pieces were replaceable. Jordan and Pippen were the only constants in all 6 ships. Try again

Ersan:

Spurs
Fail. Only made two Finals. They even lost in the first round

Ersan:

Nope. Sir garnett and the big 3 were still a force to be reckoned with.
Were not the best, not even close. Faced a team with a younger core. Plus the Big 3 only lasted two years anyway and then Allen joined the HEAT.

Ersan:

Again, seeing as its the whole point of your argument you should. They were and so were the bulls in 2011, top seed, better chemistry + the MVP. Bare facts.
Boy stop it. Like saying the Celtics were the best team in the East this year

OKC had the MVP this year.

The Heatles from 2010-2014 were the best and most loaded team in the league and still barely got by those old a$s Spurs before getting b!tchslapped by them geriatrics the next year.
Diaw, Thiago Splitter, Kawhi (3rd year) 38 year old Timmy, 32 year old Parker, 37 year old Ginobili. These were the guys who beat up LeBum and his crew. Smfh

Go ask Spurs fans how Kobe used to give them the bidness in the West. First with Shaq and then Pau. And I'm talking prime Spurs not these old bunch

LeBum and the East are sweet and he knows it. If he were out West he is getting to 3 Finals tops

Ersan:
Oh boohoo, religious role models are different from societal role models. When you wield a certain level of influence and you choose not to use it for good then its was wasted as t-ts on a nun. Being the GOAT goes beyond the court. Your coon, jeffrey the flat track bully on the other hand is like you said, too flawed to be a GOAT.

The bald one is not.
The irony is you have no proof the G.O.A.T did not use his influence for good (whatever that means) secondly its immaterial because the G.O.A.T has already inspired billions around the globe with his craft including LeBald. If you think giving hot takes and playing Monday Morning Quarterback on political issues is impact then sorry. The G.O.A.T has never been arrested or charged to court for any criminal act. He has provided employment with his brands for tens of thousands, Gambling is not a crime last I checked. So really you have no point.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:53am On Jun 28, 2017
rotimi9:
All warriors fans presently are bandwagons
You started well Bro.. Don't let the cancer infest you. Everyone here drops reasons why they say what they say even if it's against your team and reply if it's against their team.. It'll be of great use to everyone if you can drop sensible comments and go on.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:02am On Jun 28, 2017
A40:

I'd say he earned it to an extent but why I say its bad is because it gives the team very little wiggle room to work with. Toews cannot be dropping less than 60pts in a season with arguably one of the top 5 salaries in hockey. He has to always produce wine from water else na cap gymnastics una go do till Kingdom come. Plus his numbers have never stood out let's be honest. Na ironmen like Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook dey cover him yansh

This past season sef Patrick Kane was actually una main guy and even the season before when he was MVP. He is the only one playing to his contract. Saad was brought to revive Toews

Your roster is still elite. Only big issue is goaltending, Crawford's backup is gone so if he messes up na problem. Still think Hjalmarsson was a big loss too

As for Hossa his injury has actually freed some cap space

Baba,

Every team in the NHL have 2 core players the roster is built around and that includes your penguins who have Phil Kessel to thank before the maturation of Malkin. Remember it was Kessel, and not Malkin who held the forth when Crosby was out on concussion protocols during the regular season.

Infact no other Penguin played more games and minutes than Kessel during the regular and playoffs. What i am trying to say is, in as much as Kane is the face of the franchise and to some like me, the face of the NHL, Toews is an integral part of what we do.

When you say his numbers have never stood up, i wonder what you mean. Based off stats Toews is only behind Kane who has dominated the NHL every season in total points for the Blackhawks. Teows has had at least 54 points in each of his eight full NHL seasons, including 65 or more five times.

In 645 NHL games, all with the Blackhawks, Toews has 564 points (251 goals, 313 assists), 10th on the Blackhawks' all-time scoring list. He has been just as proficient during the playoffs, with 108 points (39 goals, 69 assists) in 124 games. rest assured he would climb top 5 by the time he retires.
https://www.nhl.com/news/patrick-kane-is-nhl-networks-top-player-in-league/c-281535362

Sometimes its easy to forget he is a defensive forward, that means he plays a lot of defense despite being a center because of his toughness and size. Kane has the freedom to change lines and wings even though he is primarily a right winger.Also, don't forget P. Kane is currently ranked higher than your golden boy Crosby.

I understand Teows struggled this post season, but it is disrespectful to question his relevance/ contribution to the team and the NHL.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2017
Manutd19:

I didn't condemn Durant cos I would be happy if he came to my team as well. Meanwhile, the party will be over quickly if there's any truth to the Melo, Paul George to Cavs story. Common, LeBron with Melo and George?
Over before it got started
. I wouldn't want LeBron to ask for this much cos I don't see him chasing the ghost with these much.
Note, him chasing Jordan isn't by winning more championships, it's bn the GOAT.

I always love when you say things like this. Absolutely love it.

Edit: But you are a very balanced poster sha. For the most part that is.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 28, 2017
SmooshCHN:
You started well Bro.. Don't let the cancer infest you. Everyone here drops reasons why they say what they say even if it's against your team and reply if it's against their team.. It'll be of great use to everyone if you can drop sensible comments and go on.
yep true buh dis isn't a comment dis is a well known fact to all lovers of NBA not d newbies who just started watching and hop on d winning team.I see a lot of fans who don't know anything about basketball buh when u asked dem wat their team is dey say warriors simply because dats d team reigning smh.ask those same people in 2010 they would say LAKERS,2014 HEAT;DD.the original warriors fan are those who stay in Oakland California not the new babies.that statement isn't a comment bro its a fact known to all REAL NBA FANS.the warriors were basically unknown in the 2000s with no fan base now we see millions following them SMh
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2017
rotimi9:
All warriors fans presently are bandwagons

Sweeping generalization; a sign a statement is going to be wrong or fallacious.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2017
Cleveland fans are not bandwagon, but warriors fans are bandwagon. Something eludes most of you, and I don't know what.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2017
rotimi9:
yep true buh dis isn't a comment dis is a well known fact to all lovers of NBA not d newbies who just started watching and hop on d winning team.I see a lot of fans who don't know anything about basketball buh when u asked dem wat their team is dey say warriors simply because dats d team reigning smh.ask those same people in 2010 they would say LAKERS,2014 HEAT;DD.the original warriors fan are those who stay in Oakland California not the new babies.that statement isn't a comment bro its a fact known to all REAL NBA FANS.the warriors were basically unknown in the 2000s with no fan base now we see millions following them SMh
In Summary 1: You insist all Warriors fans are bandwagon.
Here's a fun fact!! There's something called dialog also called argument or debate, were two or more people, intellectual or not, discuss a topic, each from their own point of view.. And If one doesn't agree with the other, it's fine to aggressively disagree and state his reasons if he dim fit..
You don't have to throw names because you want to give your precious opinion a loud voice like your mentor does (at least his opinion does make an argument).. You'll only succeed in making yourself appear more foolish if you go on like this especially when you throw names rather than drop your dense basketball knowledge (which we'll very much appreciate). It'll be a disgrace to those who intelligently or ignorantly discuss basketball and True NBA FANS if you end up throwing names rather wow us with your knowledge. We're waiting.

2. You're a Cavs fan and quickly swipe the Bandwagon card faster than Sauce Kid or Dammy Krane did in UK to bag a jail term and you're not a Bandwagon. How sway?? Congratulations..

Just calm down and keep dropping facts.. Name calling won't make you more intelligent.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
SmooshCHN:
In Summary 1: You insist all Warriors fans are bandwagon.
Here's a fun fact!! There's something called dialog also called argument or debate, were two or more people, intellectual or not, discuss a topic, each from their own point of view.. And If one doesn't agree with the other, it's fine to aggressively disagree and state his reasons if he dim fit..
You don't have to throw names because you want to give your precious opinion a loud voice like your mentor does (at least his opinion does make an argument).. You'll only succeed in making yourself appear more foolish if you go on like this especially when you throw names rather than drop your dense basketball knowledge (which we'll very much appreciate). It'll be a disgrace to those who intelligently or ignorantly discuss basketball and True NBA FANS if you end up throwing names rather wow us with your knowledge. We're waiting.

2. You're a Cavs fan and quickly swipe the Bandwagon card faster than Sauce Kid or Dammy Krane did in UK to bag a jail term and you're not a Bandwagon. How sway?? Congratulations..

Just calm down and keep dropping facts.. Name calling won't make you more intelligent.
its funny d kind of world we live in where people CNTt argue without an INSULT or a SHADE smh undecided however it was clearly stated in d argument DAT d real warriors fans are those who stay in Oakland.u claim I'm name calling,I'm a cavs fans ;Danywayz its cool I'll leave it at dat
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
Eruditor:

Sweeping generalization; a sign a statement is going to be wrong or fallacious.
true that."most"instead of "all" grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
Roland17:

Baba,

Every team in the NHL have 2 core players the roster is built around and that includes your penguins who have Phil Kessel to thank before the maturation of Malkin. Remember it was Kessel, and not Malkin who held the forth when Crosby was out on concussion protocols during the regular season.

Infact no other Penguin played more games and minutes than Kessel during the regular and playoffs. What i am trying to say is, in as much as Kane is the face of the franchise and to some like me, the face of the NHL, Toews is an integral part of what we do.

When you say his numbers have never stood up, i wonder what you mean. Based off stats Toews is only behind Kane who has dominated the NHL every season in total points for the Blackhawks. Teows has had at least 54 points in each of his eight full NHL seasons, including 65 or more five times.

In 645 NHL games, all with the Blackhawks, Toews has 564 points (251 goals, 313 assists), 10th on the Blackhawks' all-time scoring list. He has been just as proficient during the playoffs, with 108 points (39 goals, 69 assists) in 124 games. rest assured he would climb top 5 by the time he retires.
https://www.nhl.com/news/patrick-kane-is-nhl-networks-top-player-in-league/c-281535362

Sometimes its easy to forget he is a defensive forward, that means he plays a lot of defense despite being a center because of his toughness and size. Kane has the freedom to change lines and wings even though he is primarily a right winger.Also, don't forget P. Kane is currently ranked higher than your golden boy Crosby.

I understand Teows struggled this post season, but it is disrespectful to question his relevance/ contribution to the team and the NHL.

Chale calm down. I am saying Toews is not playing to the level of his salary. I did not say he didn't contribute in the past. He did and yes he had plenty help too. What I am saying is your first line Center shouldn't be dropping back to back sub 60pt seasons on a $13m contract.

Sid missed just the first 6 games, while Malkin missed 20 games btw. Still Malkin averaged more PPG than even Kessel and Crosby and still finished with almost 20 more points than Toews. Being good defensively is not an excuse for such poor production. Crosby, Getzlaf are examples of good defensive centers who still put up points.

Lmao Kane to Crosby? Se o fe ku abi o fe l'owo? People are comparing Crosby to Lemieux, Gretzky, Jagr e.t.c who born Patrick Kane?

Sidney Crosby 382goals 645assists in 782 games

1027 pts!!

Crosby was the best player in the league when he had just one ring never mind now when he has won three.

Toews is a great player in his own right but as you can see neither he nor Kane are on Crosby's level. Anyway my point is Toews is not playing at the level he should and past titles are the only reason people are not calling for his neck. With Keith and Seabrook aging there would be more pressure on him to deliver in the reg season and playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
Well, Melo to Cavs ain't happening again
Bye Phil Jackson
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
A40:

Chale calm down. I am saying Toews is not playing to the level of his salary. I did not say he didn't contribute in the past. He did and yes he had plenty help too. What I am saying is your first line Center shouldn't be dropping back to back sub 60pt seasons on a $13m contract.

Sid missed just the first 6 games, while Malkin missed 20 games btw. Still Malkin averaged more PPG than even Kessel and Crosby and still finished with almost 20 more points than Toews. Being good defensively is not an excuse for such poor production. Crosby, Getzlaf are examples of good defensive centers who still put up points.

Lmao Kane to Crosby? Se o fe ku abi o fe l'owo? People are comparing Crosby to Lemieux, Gretzky, Jagr e.t.c who born Patrick Kane?

Sidney Crosby 382goals 645assists in 782 games

1027 pts!!

Crosby was the best player in the league when he had just one ring never mind now when he has won three.

Toews is a great player in his own right but as you can see neither he nor Kane are on Crosby's level. Anyway my point is Toews is not playing at the level he should and past titles are the only reason people are not calling for his neck. With Keith and Seabrook aging there would be more pressure on him to deliver in the reg season and playoffs

Baba,

I agree he is the best player in the NHL today, but abeg comot Crosby name for that list of defensive centers. The times he dared it we know what happened, if anything he is considered soft in the inner circles. The fact the league is careful with how he is officiated because of his history with concussion is even enough.

Toews (Blackhawks), Giroux (Flyers), Bergeron (Bruins), Getzlaf (Ducks) and my favorite has to be Anze Kopitar (LA Kings) are renowned 2 way NHL centers who have the numbers, and notoriety to back their play.

Don't get too comfortable because we are coming for our birthright.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
Chris traded to Houston Rockets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
ipledge10:
Chris traded to Houston Rockets.
I don't understand the trade, you just had your best season by putting the ball in the hands of Harden,and he ran the floor very well. Now you are doing the exact opposite, putting the ball in cp3 hands, or are we going to turn cp3 into a catch and shoot player ni?

Anyways, it is intriguing, and next season will be interesting. How all these teams will gel.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2017
Donlittle:
I don't understand the trade, you just had your best season by putting the ball in the hands of Harden,and he ran the floor very well. Now you are doing the exact opposite, putting the ball in cp3 hands, or are we going to turn cp3 into a catch and shoot player ni?

Anyways, it is intriguing, and next season will be interesting. How all these teams will gel.
Bruh, I am not understanding this trade too.. It's obvious Harden flourished. But it still seem like a great plan.. Chris Paul and Capella or Chris distributing to how dangerous these Houston guys already are. This would be interesting..
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
Phil Jackson put Porzingis on the market. That's enough to have locked him up in a maximum security cell.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Roland17:

Baba,

I agree he is the best player in the NHL today, but abeg comot Crosby name for that list of defensive centers. The times he dared it we know what happened, if anything he is considered soft in the inner circles. The fact the league is careful with how he is officiated because of his history with concussion is even enough.

Toews (Blackhawks), Giroux (Flyers), Bergeron (Bruins), Getzlaf (Ducks) and my favorite has to be Anze Kopitar (LA Kings) are renowned 2 way NHL centers who have the numbers, and notoriety to back their play.

Don't get too comfortable because we are coming for our birthright.
Crosby soft? Lmao go and ask P.K Subban. He would tell you whether Crosby is soft or not. No player in the league can take the beating Sid takes on a nightly basis. There is a bounty on his head everytime he hits the ice. Careful? We saw the last playoffs. Especially vs the Capitals and Senators. If that is what you call careful I'm afraid

Its not beans to come from two career ending concussions to dominate the game. Oga ni Crosby je. E gba fun

Any Pens fan following the team in the last two playoffs would tell you Sid is the best defensive forward on the team. He is the best 2 way player in the game.

A lot of the guys you listed are there on past rep. Presently you can't have a discussion of defensive forwards without Sid

As for birthright we shall see. We won the cup without our best defenseman. This should tell you we are not here for play
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Donlittle:

CP3 is a very good trade for the Rockets. Having the best season as the ball handler does not imply he is a point guard, it only means he was the best option considering the roster. CP3 would enable the Rockets to run more plays and get other players involved offensively. Opponents would become wary of the Rockets because if you double Harden, there is CP3 who can win games by himself. I only wish they kept Lou, but hey they get to keep the 6th man of the year.

This is Paul's last chance at competing for a ring, rest assured B. Griffin would also leave the ship, that leaves D. Jordan whom they kidnapped in his house last season to stall a move to the Mavs to deal with a rebuilding roster. Poor D. Jordan grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Roland17:

CP3 is a very good trade for the Rockets. Having the best season as the ball handler does not imply he is a point guard, it only means he was the best option considering the roster. CP3 would enable the Rockets to run more plays and get other players involved offensively. Opponents would become wary of the Rockets because if you double Harden, there is CP3 who can win games by himself. I only wish they kept Lou, but hey they get to keep the 6th man of the year.

This is Paul's last chance at competing for a ring, rest assured B. Griffin would also leave the ship, that leaves D. Jordan whom they kidnapped in his house last season to stall a move to the Mavs to deal with a rebuilding roster. Poor D. Jordan grin grin grin

You are right, cp3 will get everyone involved, but what about harden? Harden needs the ball to be effective, we all know this. Well, two ball dominant players is better than three. Just can't wait to see what happens when the season starts

Been meaning to ask you, what about Gordon and George for you guys?

It's a Big three league now guys, get with it or get left behind grin

Deandre jordan though, i don't feel bad for him one bit. Hope he becomes the main man in clippers, the thing he is running from seems it is coming to him by force. I don't see Blake resigning either, maybe Blake to celtics? Needs the ball to be effective though, so no.

Anyways, What is dallas doing abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin

Lol...

But to be honest, the players traded were too much. They coulda at least kept P.Bev. I just feel it's too much for a playmaker whose job is already being done by The Beard
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Decale:

Lol...

But to be honest, the players traded were too much. They coulda at least kept P.Bev. I just feel it's too much for a playmaker whose job is already being done by The Beard
Remember it seems like harden got tired towards the end of the playoffs last year? A guy like cp3 would have helped closed it out, Then again cp3 choked for clippers six years straight grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
It's a Big Three Era.

But the warriors get a pass though, only one player was acquired. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
Fork!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Donlittle:
You are right, cp3 will get everyone involved, but what about harden? Harden needs the ball to be effective, we all know this. Well, two ball dominant players is better than three. Just can't wait to see what happens when the season starts

Been meaning to ask you, what about Gordon and George for you guys?

It's a Big three league now guys, get with it or get left behind grin

Deandre jordan though, i don't feel bad for him one bit. Hope he becomes the main man in clippers, the thing he is running from seems it is coming to him by force. I don't see Blake resigning either, maybe Blake to celtics? Needs the ball to be effective though, so no.

Anyways, What is dallas doing abeg.

I have always maintained a strong preference for G. Hayward ahead of PG13 primary because of our style of play suits him better. Also, trading the number one overall pick for Tatum proves the Celtics are convinced IT should remain the face of the franchise, i am worried PG13 may challenge that notion on the court.

However, if we get Hayward and PG13, i can't complain, and that would be up to Brad Stevens to balance the court. It seems its between the Celtics and Cleveland (even though Miami are also pushing) for PG13.

As for D. Jordan, he is done!!! who is going to throw lobs for him? P. Beverly? He is definitely regretting his decision.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Everyone is making moves in the western conference to try and compete against the warriors, and then there is the east. Doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
not every one is motivated by money,i have to stop thinking like that,all along I thought he was eyeing this 200million payday coming to him.

let see how it all works though,when harden played with a lin,na harden still dey handle the ball most times.

make we see wetin d'antoni go do,should be fun.

everybody On the clipper is in play now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
SIRcumalot:
not every one is motivated by money,i have to stop thinking like that,all along I thought he was eyeing this 200million payday coming to him.

let see how it all works though,when harden played with a lin,na harden still dey handle the ball most times.

make we see wetin d'antoni go do,should be fun.

everybody On the clipper is in play now.
He is getting the money lol. It's via trade. He is collecting his money kampe grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
Donlittle:
He is getting the money lol. It's via trade. He is collecting his money kampe grin
for real?
I thought boogie lost money cause he got traded and he won't be eligible for the supermax?

let see what d'antoni comes up what with though, dude has never managed two ball dominant guards like this before.
coming season is shaping up nicely.

blake to the Celtics. cumalot said it first.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Yes. The west must stop the warriors from coming out. Do all the work for the king grin

*evil laugh
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Donlittle:

Its obvious they trying to contest in the West. That's another debate, if it will work well or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: smokers and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.