Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630316 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I can feel your pain behind the emoji. grin grin grin grin
You dey answer am? cheesy

LOL! Small fry you give yourself way too much credit. grin Not even that deep at all.

And btw dum bo. Seeing as he mentioned you it means hes answering you. Confused are we? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
rotimi9:
but do they stand a chance against the warriors

let this pic come to pass.. smiley wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

On paper they dont have the depth but at least now it'll be more of a battle.

KD vs PG

Curry vs Brodie

Melo vs Klay?

We are the true winners!

In which world has Melo played defense? Not with Syracuse, Nuggets, and definitely not with the Knicks. If Melo joins OKC, I think alongside George it only assures their post season presence, however, they are not close to a competition in the western conference. If OKC were in the east, that would be a different conversation.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Roland17:

In which world has Melo played defense? Not with Syracuse, Nuggets, and definitely not with the Knicks. If Melo joins OKC, I think alongside George it only assures their post season presence, however, they are not close to a competition in the western conference. If OKC were in the east, that would be a different conversation.

I'm not talking about defense. When theres a football match and they say Ronaldo vs Messi does that mean they are going to mark each other? You seem very eager to take things out of context. Not the first or second time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

I'm not talking about defense. When theres a football match and they say Ronaldo vs Messi does that mean they are going to mark each other? You seem very eager to take things out of context. Not the first or second time.
basketball is not football B
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
Donlittle:
basketball is not football B

Curry vs Lebron

Kobe vs Lebron

Jordan vs Bird

Jordan vs Magic

Curry vs KD (when he was with the thunder)

Doesnt mean they're marking each other. Im just pointing out how they can match each others output and the star power they have. Hence the "we are the true winners" statement.

Take whichever example you want little one. The football comparison just rolled out because i'm watching football.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
First it was tom Brady,now Stephen curry and golden state warriors.Why does trump get this much hate from athletes and d media undecided

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Your football analogy does not fit basketball because on defense every player must play some form of defense. Sometimes man on man, other times zonal. So defense is very important if you are going to consider Melo's role with OKC. Or are they planning to call a timeout to sub Melo everytime they are on defense?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

The football comparison just rolled out because i'm watching football.

If we talk now, you'll tell us how high you IQ is meanwhile even a dimwit won't use that football comparison.. Intelligent Boss grin grin

I'm just keen on seeing how 28th in defensive efficiency and 29th on transition defense will get better with Melo.. True winners indeed grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
Roland17:

Your football analogy does not fit basketball because on defense every player must play some form of defense. Sometimes man on man, other times zonal. So defense is very important if you are going to consider Melo's role with OKC. Or are they planning to call a timeout to sub Melo everytime they are on defense?

Curry vs Lebron

Kobe vs Lebron

Jordan vs Bird

Jordan vs Magic

Curry vs KD (when he was with the thunder)

Doesnt mean they're marking each other. Im just pointing out how they can match each others output and the star power they have. Hence the "we are the true winners" statement.

Let me just paste this.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
Roland17:

Bruh!! you really out here teaching the basics of basketball??
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
If we talk now, you'll tell us how high you IQ is meanwhile even a dimwit won't use that football comparison.. Intelligent Boss grin grin

I'm just keen on seeing how 28th in defensive efficiency and 29th on transition defense will get better with Melo.. True winners indeed grin

Yet you're still talking. Why do you keep head butting yourself. You seem like a very confused human being grin grin

BTW Dunce, we're talking about OKC and not the cavs grin ignoramus!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Bruh!! you really out here teaching the basics of basketball??

What a clown! You really out here d-ck riding? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
LMAO!!! grin grin grin

Lebron why?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
Man i'm dead!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
Melo to Thunder for Kanter, Mcdermott and pick?
He shoulda gone to the Rockets, dammit angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Finally OKC makes a move.. But that offense with that much guys who would demand the ball a lot.. This season is already interesting. Thanks to KD's move grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
Winnniiiinnnng!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
aliondo:

let this pic come to pass.. smiley wink

Lavar, is this you?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
With every NBA star moving to the west,I don't think Lebron will want to move to the west. East all stars this year is going to be very different.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
Official..the NBA is about to be so lit Dis season wink

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
that seems a bit low for Melo. OKC GM don do some good work.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
oh yeah, Trump is going to ban the NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:
Melo to Thunder for Kanter, Mcdermott and pick?

He shoulda gone to the Rockets, dammit angry

I know rite... angry

But its the right move for Houston - we would have had to give up Gordon and Capela in addition to getting crappy Anderson off our plate, for Melo who is no longer in his prime. Nah..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
Roland17:

Unfortunately true. While Melo will ALWAYS be an extraordinary weapon on offense, he is not, and will never be that over the hump guy - even if he maddeningly looks like he has had the ability to be that guy for the last decade
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
birdman:

I know rite... angry

But its the right move for Houston - we would have had to give up Gordon and Capela in addition to getting crappy Anderson off our plate, for Melo who is no longer in his prime. Nah..
Houston would NEVER give up Eric Gordon for melo.y do u think no deal was made btwn Houston and NY.Eric Gordon was very crucial to houston's success last season.for now he is basically untradable,Knicks requested for Gordon but Houston declined.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
rotimi9:
Houston would NEVER give up Eric Gordon for melo.y do u think no deal was made btwn Houston and NY.Eric Gordon was very crucial to houston's success last season.for now he is basically untradable,Knicks requested for Gordon but Houston declined.

As an OKC fan....inasmuch as i agree that Houston would have been the best team for Melo,giving up Gordon for Melo sounds almost impossible..Melo is the cause of his own downfall in form and fans dislike for him but i dont want to give up on him...
Prolly Russ and P.G could be a source of motivation to get back to his best...

My own opinion tho and i could be wrong..

#THUNDERUP
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Lavar, is this you?

Lavar ball...you mean??lol
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
birdman:

I know rite... angry

I think you guys may be deficient in defence next season.. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
aliondo:

I think you guys may be deficient in defence next season.. sad
They definitely have to work a lot on their defense. And their bench is still laughable. Anyways, the season starts in less than a month.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
My possible team Roster for upcoming season.

First Team.
Westbrook.
Paul George.
Carmelo.
Roberson.
Adams.

Bench.
Abrines.
Grant.
Felton.
Ferguson .T.
Dakari .J.

Reserves.
Collison.
Semaj.
Singler.
Cole.
Huestis.

Any chance against the Warriors,Spurs,Rockets etc??

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.