Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635582 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 18, 2017
A40:
We both know GGG won that fight! It literally took place in Canelo's bedroom and the best he could pick up was a fraudulent draw

Not necessarily, Canelo definitely won the first and last three rounds, a draw seems fair like the second judge thought. The real blunder here is the first judge who gave GGG two rounds when he clearly won rounds 4-9.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 18, 2017
A40:
Nope! Was dealing with raw facts! I would ask you when did Lebron become the best player in the league and on what basis? Just to see if you are consistent

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:38am On Sep 18, 2017
Ersan:

Lmaoooo based on? Please don't tell me beating those old asss Pistons
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
Watched some clips of the first take interview with kyrie.
One thing is clear, he doesn't like nor give a single F about LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Donlittle:

Yeah man, good for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
I've always respected his decision, I wish him all the best. But from is comments its clear that something transpired between him and lebron after the finals. And the way he was ducking all these questions, hes more articulate than people give him credit for, that was exactly his intention.

BTW he also said KD>Lebron and Kobe>Lebron. Lebron must have hurt him, i dont know how, i dont know the full story, so i wont judge him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ersan:
I've always respected his decision, I wish him all the best. But from is comments its clear that something transpired between him and lebron after the finals. And the way he was ducking all these questions, hes more articulate than people give him credit for, that was exactly his intention.

BTW he also said KD>Lebron and Kobe>Lebron. Lebron must have hurt him, i dont know how, i dont know the full story, so i wont judge him.
I think that is understandable especially kobe > Lebron.

He looks up to Kobe, ask for advice from Kobe, even when he won the championship, he called Kobe while champagne was being popped and i believe Lebron was there.

However, i will put bron ahead of KD right now, although, that might change during the course of the season or after the season ends depending on how it unfolds.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Donlittle:

He looks up to Kobe, ask for advice from Kobe, even when he won the championship, he called Kobe while champagne was being popped and i believe Lebron was there.

However, i will put bron ahead of KD right now, although, that might change during the course of the season or after the season ends depending on how it unfolds.

If one is understandable the other isn't. You wouldn't just throw an ex team mate you were in good terms with under the bus in debates like these especially when your opinion is in the minority. Compare his post match comments after the finals to what hes saying now, something changed. Maybe it has something with lebron agreeing to him being traded or something, has to be something.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
Donlittle:

The reality is, Kyrie has always said KD was his favorite player in the NBA. I remember an interview I saw before the last Olympics where he said he was looking forward to playing with KD "my favorite player in the NBA while I was in Duke". I believe he even said he modeled his shooting the exact way KD does it. KD in return said Kyrie had better handles than A. I

I agree that Lebron is overall the better player but he is not touching KD as a scorer.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Eruditor:

The reality is, Kyrie has always said KD was his favorite player in the NBA. I remember an interview I saw before the last Olympics where he said he was looking forward to playing with KD "my favorite player in the NBA while I was in Duke". I believe he even said he modeled his shooting the exact way KD does it. KD in return said Kyrie had better handles than A. I

I agree that Lebron is overall the better player but he is not touching KD as a scorer.
The last bit, lebron is the overall better player, but when you look the player kyrie models his game after, wants to be like and similar playing style, They are scorers.

Kobe, and like you mentioned, KD. So anyone shouldn't be surprised when he puts them ahead of Lebron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
Durant grin grin grin grin grin grin

This man truly IS a snake!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ersan:
Durant grin grin grin grin grin grin

This man truly IS a snake!!!

I would give Bron the edge as the best player in the NBA today, however, KD is right there..

If Durant does not assume the throne after this season, then he can remain second best for the rest of his life even after Lebron retires.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
double
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
Roland17:
If Durant does not assume the throne after this season, then he can remain second best for the rest of his life even after Lebron retires.

It'd be hard doing that when you also have the 3rd best player in NBA. Plus, one of the best shooters in history and a DPOY.

There are games, and they'd be plenty; he might get outdone. He's one of two favorites for the MVP this season (the other Kawhi). But to surpass LeBron this season; it'd be a long stretch.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Decale:

It'd be hard doing that when you also have the 3rd best player in NBA. Plus, one of the best shooters in history and a DPOY.

There are games, and they'd be plenty; he might get outdone. He's one of two favorites for the MVP this season (the other Kawhi). But to surpass LeBron this season; it'd be a long stretch.
one of the reason why I said after the nba season is over which includes the nba finals.

If he out plays LeBron in the nba finals, wins another finals mvp, then I think it is safe to put KD above bron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Donlittle:

I tired of some of these questions they keep asking Kyrie, like Lebron is supposed to be a principal you report to in the NBA.

When Lebron took his talents to Miami, did he consult with Kyrie? Did he even tell him?
When Lebron left Miami to rejoin the Cavs, did he consult with Wade, Bosh?
Bron would likely leave the Cavs for LA next season, do you think he cares less about K. Love or T. Thompson?
When Durant left the Thunders, did he consult with Westbrook? Russel was on record saying he heard the news the same way me and you heard about it.

So what's the fuss about Kyrie talking to or even consulting Lebron about his decision?

Kyrie has made his decision and he would live with it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
Decale:

Before he joined the Warriors, I would love to think he was aware of the chef and Green. Look, Durant is not getting any younger and the requirements/ expectations are not going to be changed because he plays for a talented team.

He got away with that after he won the MVP with the Thunder, he was unable to consolidate on that to become the best player (admittedly, injury played a significant role). Truthfully, Durant is two years late for where he is today.

If he wants it badly, he has to take it by the neck like he did during the playoffs. He either wrestles it out of Lebron or remain second best for life even after Bron is gone.

No more excuses..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
carry on my wayward son!!! grin grin grin

i legit think before anybody on the warriors can win a regular season MVP,again they have to repeat that 73-9 feat or even surpass it,before anybody consider either curry or KD for the award.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
even when kyrie was with the cavs he refused to join "the cult of bron" like the rest of james's teammate usually do.
james even made overtures with that "best PG in the league" comment,still no join.dude just want to write his own story and not be a footnote in another person own.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 19, 2017
Roland17:

I would give Bron the edge as the best player in the NBA today, however, KD is right there..

I'm talking about KD getting busted with multiple accounts. For the record i'm calling KD a snake, not uncle drew, hes still the homie.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:56am On Sep 19, 2017
Ersan:

I'm talking about KD getting busted with multiple accounts. For the record i'm calling KD a snake, not uncle drew, hes still the homie.

My bad, I construed your post. However, my comment thoughts remain same if the argument ever came up.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 19, 2017
Roland17:

My bad, I construed your post. However, my comment thoughts remain same if the argument ever came up.

I agree to an extent but its more complicated than that. It'll be very hard for his individual accomplishments to be acknowledged as long as hes on that team. It's going to take something truly special from him.

As for Kyrie, i maybe a lebron fan but i'm not a blind follower. Theres no way kyrie would be behaving like this if lebron didnt really hurt him in someway and for that reason i give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him all the best. Thats not to say i'm not praying lebron humiliated him every time they meet.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 19, 2017
SI trying to "explain" why they ranked curry higher than kawhi

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/16/stephen-curry-kawhi-leonard-nba-top-100-open-floor

Why make that kind of blunder when you know you have to write a whole article to "defend" it and the best you could come up with was one of your writers was a fan boy. SMH!

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Muhfuggas went and dug up KD"s Blackplanet page. Lmaooooo! Make nobody go dig up my Hi5 page when I blow oo! Edumare go punish am

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2017
A40:
Muhfuggas went and dug up KD"s Blackplanet page. Lmaooooo! Make nobody go dig up my Hi5 page when I blow oo! Edumare go punish am

I get your Hi5 page in my archives. I just dey wait make you blow first.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
chic2pimp:

I get your Hi5 page in my archives. I just dey wait make you blow first.
Haa abeg oo
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
A40:
Haa abeg oo
You no wan blow??
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
KDs mental toughness us just on court. That was embarrassing. He's really having issues embracing the Villain Status.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
KDs mental toughness us just on court. That was embarrassing. He's really having issues embracing the Villain Status.
I don't even know if he has mental toughness, the guy is just incredibly good. Pure talent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
seriously bro to the extent that he even created alternative twitter accounts to defend himself on Twitter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
rotimi9:
seriously bro to the extent that he even created alternative twitter accounts to defend himself on Twitter.

Whats bugging him even more is he feels after winning the ring and finals MVP hed be rated ahead of lebron but he sees that because of his decision no one is doing that and now he feels the need to defend it. No coincidence this came right after every list ranks lebron ahead of him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.