Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627788 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
Lool Curry was IMO the league's best especially in 2015/2016. For me he is top 3 at worst as we speak. In fact but for his 2016 Finals letdown I would have crowned him the best in the league

I really dont know how to respond to this. But its like they say, "opinions are like as-holes, everyone has one".
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:20am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

My point was the Jacobs fight was close though hes nowhere near canelos level. Middle weight or not Cotto is still one of the best boxers around and has a lot of punching power, which canelo survived (when cotto was actually able to hit him). Kirkland is a hard puncher as well.

All this is speculative though. We just have to wait and see....
Lool you can't compare a faux middleweight like Cotto to GGG oh my guy! Punching power yato si punching power oo! Though boxing is not maths but do not for a second think there is anything that can prepare Canelo for the kind of blows he would receive tomorrow, GGG punch power is at super middleweight/cruiserweight level
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:24am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

I really dont know how to respond to this. But its like they say, "opinions are like as-holes, everyone has one".
You don't have to agree but from 2015 to 2017 Steph Curry has been the only constant in a team that assembled the best record in league history. I maintain that but for Golden State's epic collapse in that final Curry should have rightfully held that crown as best in the league by now. Y'all too sentimental!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:53am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

Safe to say you're leaning towards GGG then?

Like i said, i'm with canelo, and lets not forget, canelo packs a mean punch as well, coupled with his counter punching skills, triple G wont know what hit him.

here are what some of his past opponents have to say.

'People say I can't take a punch but with the shot I got caught by Canelo, I think he would have knocked a horse out...
'Canelo is a lot faster than you really think he is and every shot he throws is a power shot. He's very calm and relaxed and waits for his opportunity.- Amir Khan

Alvarez is unbelievably physically strong... that was certainly the hardest I've ever been hit and it was a painful night for me.
'I remember at the weigh-in with Canelo thinking I'm about the same size as him. But then when he turned up for the fight he was like Popeye who had just eaten his spinach, muscles bulging and a lot bigger. - Matthew Hatton

Is Khan considered a boxer?

After watching both fighters for a while now, i love GGG's offensive explosion and ring awareness. I have to give it to Canelo, he has a very good defensive game, however, that would only matter if he able to counter GGG's Mexican style.

GGG has power, speed and has the experience for that weight class. Bulking up to 160 for the first time may slow Canelo. Canelo is an unusual Mexican boxer because of his defense.

Anyways, I just, want to enjoy a good fight from two fighters in their prime.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:20am On Sep 16, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 16, 2017
Roland17:

Is Khan considered a boxer?

After watching both fighters for a while now, i love GGG's offensive explosion and ring awareness. I have to give it to Canelo, he has a very good defensive game, however, that would only matter if he able to counter GGG's Mexican style.

GGG has power, speed and has the experience for that weight class. Bulking up to 160 for the first time may slow Canelo. Canelo is an unusual Mexican boxer because of his defense.

Anyways, I just, want to enjoy a good fight from two fighters in their prime.

LOL! He may not seem like it but khan is a great, just look at his credentials and the opponents hes beaten.

In todays boxing solid defense almost always wins over offense. Not that canelos on the same level but look at floyd and what makes him great.

True mate, should be a really entertaining fight. Hopefully will see AJ vs Deontay soon as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
Lool you can't compare a faux middleweight like Cotto to GGG oh my guy! Punching power yato si punching power oo! Though boxing is not maths but do not for a second think there is anything that can prepare Canelo for the kind of blows he would receive tomorrow, GGG punch power is at super middleweight/cruiserweight level

LOL! Okay! But i'm sure canelo will make you eat your words.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 16, 2017
And wtf is wrong with GGG agreeing to those rematch terms, is he really that confident?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
You don't have to agree but from 2015 to 2017 Steph Curry has been the only constant in a team that assembled the best record in league history. I maintain that but for Golden State's epic collapse in that final Curry should have rightfully held that crown as best in the league by now. Y'all too sentimental!

You're right, i dont have to agree, but it sees you are the sentimental one here.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 16, 2017
birdman:

the only thing holding lebron back is lebron. I hope he gets a lot of hate this year, because he puts away his inner child and goes to work under adversity. When things are easy, he relaxes and starts playing games.

I am not even talking about winning useless rings, im talking about mogul type dreams...instead of arguing with small boys about points and mvps and rings

He already seems pumped for this season man! I can't wait!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2017
Only a "Hail Mary" could answer the Gators during that last play..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 17, 2017
A DRAW!!! WTF??
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 17, 2017
REMATCH REMATCH REMATCH!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 17, 2017
AND WHAT KIND O FVCKING CHIN DOES TRIPLE G HAVE? MY GOD!!! WTF?? THIS MAN SEEMS UNBREAKABLE! MOST FIGHTERS WOULD HAVE GONE DOWN!

BUT WE REALLY NEED A REMATCH ASAP!!! I GUESS THAT WAS THE INTENTION! BOXING IS FIXED!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 17, 2017
AND CANELO, WTF? THIS MAN IS BEING MORE OF A MEXICAN THAN YOU! NEXT TIME MORE AGGRESSION!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 17, 2017
GGG looked more formidable because he was on the offensive, not all punches were landing and he was hit by some really good counter punches. But thats the advantage of being offensive, it always looks like you have the upper hand!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 17, 2017
The first judge is drunk, LOL!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:32am On Sep 17, 2017
Ersan:
GGG looked more formidable because he was on the offensive, not all punches were landing and he was hit by some really good counter punches. But thats the advantage of being offensive, it always looks like you have the upper hand!

I am utterly gutted by the judges, this was daylight robbery. I guess a knockout is the only way to win in Vegas because GGG did everything else. Alvarez as courageous as he looked tonight was overpowered by the GGG. The punches were brute, fast and powerful especially during the closing moments in the fifth round when he had Canelo on the ropes. Remember, I mentioned the only chance Canelo had was to counter GGG, which he did reasonably, in fact, Canelo surprised me. But I think GGG won this, he threw more and landed more punches.

I hope a rematch is not far away.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2017
Roland17:

I am utterly gutted by the judges, this was daylight robbery. I guess a knockout is the only way to win in Vegas because GGG did everything else. Alvarez as courageous as he looked tonight was overpowered by the GGG. The punches were brute, fast and powerful especially during the closing moments in the fifth round when he had Canelo on the ropes. Remember, I mentioned the only chance Canelo had was to counter GGG, which he did reasonably, in fact, Canelo surprised me. But I thin GGG won this, he threw more and landed more punches.

I hope there is a rematch on the cards.

Me too bro. Boxing really needs to come up with a standard way of judging, should landing more power punches and suffering less damage be the criteria or should landing more overall punches be the criteria, the way things are just opens things up to blunders like the first judge who scored it 118-110 to canelo, that was a disgrace.

Canelo clearly came out to get the knockout and against any other fighter he would have. But my God GGGs chin, thats his true asset.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2017
Ersan:

Me too bro. Boxing really needs to come up with a standard way of judging, should landing more power punches and suffering less damage be the criteria or should landing more overall punches be the criteria, the way things are just opens things up to blunders like the first judge who scored it 118-110 to canelo, that was a disgrace.

Canelo clearly came out to get the knockout and against any other fighter he would have. But my God GGGs chin, thats his true asset.

Tonight's fight buttresses the despicable level of corruption in boxing. Oscar De La Hoya is a criminal as far I know. How did a judge score the fight 118-110 against GGG? I mean, I can overlook the tie score but 118-110 against GGG?

Fights that involve Mexicans are difficult because of the level of corruption/ bribery involved.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2017
Roland17:

Tonight's fight buttresses the despicable level of corruption in boxing. Oscar De La Hoya is a criminal as far I know. How did a judge score the fight 118-110 against GGG? I mean, I can overlook the tie score but 118-110 against GGG?

Fights that involve Mexicans are difficult because of the level of corruption/ bribery involved.

Lol! i dont know about bribery but there might be a conspiracy somewhere. i think an experienced judge like her should know how to cheat better if that were the case. I guess like i said, its all about criteria. Mayweather got away with a lot of decisions like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 17, 2017
Canelo not helping himself with his post comments, funny thing is its up to him to call a rematch. But must me demotivating to keep hitting someone with haymakers and see him keep coming at you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 17, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2017
Well....

How do you interpret this?

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:13am On Sep 17, 2017
Ersan:
Canelo not helping himself with his post comments, funny thing is its up to him to call a rematch. But must me demotivating to keep someone with haymakers and see him keep coming at you.

Imagine saying he did not feel any of GGG's jabs. For a second I thought he stole Mayweather's shoes because all Canelo did tonight was RUN. Well, GGG keeps the belt and remains the champ. I can't imagine the amount of anger GGG feels right now.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2017
Roland17:

Imagine saying he did not feel any of GGG's jabs. For a second I thought he stole Mayweather's shoes because all Canelo did tonight was RUN. Well, GGG keeps the belt and remains the champ. I can't imagine the amount of anger GGG feels right now.

GGG to his credit was calm and composed, satisfied with the fact that hes still the champ.

If theres no rematch then canelo will forever be branded a b-tch! Give us a rematch!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 17, 2017
TBH, Regardless of Byrds blunder, a draw seems like a fair result. Canelo definitely won at least 6 rounds easy and from 4 to 9 GGG was in the driver seat.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ersan:

You're right, i dont have to agree, but it sees you are the sentimental one here.
Nope! Was dealing with raw facts! I would ask you when did Lebron become the best player in the league and on what basis? Just to see if you are consistent
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
Roland17:

I was just laughing when I saw that scorecard. Wayo don dey boxing sha no be today. Unfortunately that wench was extremely amateur about it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ersan:
A DRAW!!! WTF??
We both know GGG won that fight! It literally took place in Canelo's bedroom and the best he could pick up was a fraudulent draw
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ersan:

LOL! Okay! But i'm sure canelo will make you eat your words.
I underestimated him I would admit this. Though Canelo lost that fight
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 18, 2017
A40:
I underestimated him I would admit this. Though Canelo lost that fight

And i underestimated GGGs chin, thats his real asset.

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.