Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635442 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 25, 2018
Eruditor:

Please watch that thing again. Swaggy’s leg hooked Zazas and it was still entangled when they were on the ground. Meanwhile, RWs leg is what tripped Swaggy and Zaza needed to rest to get himself untangled.

Zaza’s reputation is preceding him here.
That man went down on purpose eruditor.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2018
A40:
Don't play yourself. Recall the GOAT took a year and a half break.

Loool! Physical freak no be by muscles

I call him a physical freak because he has had very few mostly minor injuries throughout his career.

LeBron has never taken a year and a half break so...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2018
This play is another "debatable mistake" what the NBA should do is issue a warning to Zaza. He's clumsy which his subjective but being careless is a hazard to everyone. He obviously lacks awareness and I guess a warning would keep him on track. That way everybody wins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
LOL what do you know. JR Brick is back again cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Naah Pop is the GOAT. The way he has this Spurs team still competing.

Lebron having one of those "what else do you want me to do" games
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 26, 2018
A40:
Naah Pop is the GOAT. The way he has this Spurs team still competing.

Lebron having one of those "what else do you want me to do" games

Against the wizards Cavs were 8/35 from 3 and today 8/34. Can't win a game in the G league shooting like that.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:16am On Feb 26, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Against the wizards Cavs were 8/35 from 3 and today 8/34. Can't win a game in the G league shooting like that.
Which is weird with certified snipers like Kyle Korver in the team. My question for Lue is why start JR and Tristan if you know they won't play when you are trying to chase a game
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 26, 2018
A40:
Which is weird with certified snipers like Kyle Korver in the team. My question for Lue is why start JR and Tristan if you know they won't play when you are trying to chase a game

Coaching is definitely an issue but it seems Ty Lue is here for the long haul so no point moaning about him.

Officiating was a little off but it's okay, it happens sometimes.

But these stat lines man LOL. You can't make this s hit up.

JR 1-8
George 1-7
Cedi - 1-6
Hood 1-6
Korver 1-7

Larry Nance and Hood need to be starting for JR and TT though. But like I said. Coaching is definitely an issue.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:38am On Feb 26, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Coaching is definitely and issue but it Ty Lue is here for the long haul so no point moaning about him.

Officiating was a little off but it's okay, it happens sometimes.

But these stat lines man LOL. You can't make this s hit up.

JR 1-8
George 1-7
Cedi - 1-6
Hood 1-6
Korver 1-7

Larry Nance and Hood need to be starting for JR and TT though. But like I said. Coaching is definitely and issue.
You guys always get off to bad starts even if y'all are playing the barest of teams it's always a struggle.And the starting 5 plays a role with that. It's been a lot more pronounced with Love out..

All I see is a cluster! There really is no clear #2 guy. Truth be told you guys are lucky you are in the East. Out West y'all might not make the #8 seed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 26, 2018
A40:
You guys always get off to bad starts even if y'all are playing the barest of teams it's always a struggle.And the starting 5 plays a role with that. It's been a lot more pronounced with Love out..

All I see is a cluster! There really is no clear #2 guy. Truth be told you guys are lucky you are in the East. Out West y'all might not make the #8 seed

Yeah well hopefully the shots start going down.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Donlittle:
Zaza shouldn't even be defended here, this isn't the first and the last time he will be doing tricks like this. Everytime it is a mistake. I am a dallas fan, he played for us, he pulled the same antics.

His antics against leonard is keeping him away from playing the game he loves. What is wrong should be condemned, and zaza should be condemned on all fronts.

Here is actually a short video of him pulling dirty tricks.
https://twitter.com/GAMEWINING3/status/967605647083683840

How clumsy can you get?

Dirk Nowitzki is the clumsiest player in the league, you don't see him landing on people like that.

Firstly, his antics aren't what's keeping Kawhi out. That's an ankle injury in the playoffs I think. Kawhi developed a tendinopathy in his quads after that recovery.

That being said, Zaza's fall was extra. Yes, he got hooked but he knew where he's falling and went all through. This as well as most of his dirty plays seem inadvertent but NBA needs to come down on him. A warning or fine should stifle that guy.

And you won't win an argument about a Warriors player even if Zaza slapped WB. The fans will tell you he had Chorea. So, don't bother

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 26, 2018
Decale:

Firstly, his antics aren't what's keeping Kawhi out. That's an ankle injury in the playoffs I think. Kawhi developed a tendinopathy in his quads after that recovery.

That being said, Zaza's fall was extra. Yes, he got hooked but he knew where he's falling and went all through. This as well as most of his dirty plays seem inadvertent but NBA needs to come down on him. A warning or fine should stifle that guy.

And you won't win an argument about a Warriors player even if Zaza slapped WB. The fans will tell you he had Chorea. So, don't bother
grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Decale:

And you won't win an argument about a Warriors player even if Zaza slapped WB. So, don't bother

LMAO
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
A40:

Lue is a damn shame, and should be a college coach, he knows Spurs plays with their bigs and he stupidly let Green guard Aldridge, it's beyond me why he let Nance sit while Aldridge is killing the Cavs.

He knows Korver was a liability on the D but still left him, He sits hill th entire 4th Q, Sits Clarkson the 2nd nd 3rd Q, plays Korver when he's not making shot, aiye mi . I felt hr should have ended the game with LJ, Hill, Nance, Clarkson and Green cause as at the yesterday, that was probably their best defensive and offensive line up but Lue will always be Lue.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
lolawilliams:

Lue is a damn shame, and should be a college coach, he knows Spurs plays with their bigs and he stupidly let Green guard Aldridge, it's beyond me why he let Nance sit while Aldridge is killing the Cavs.

He knows Korver was a liability on the D but still left him, He sits hill th entire 4th Q, Sits Clarkson the 2nd nd 3rd Q, plays Korver when he's not making shot, aiye mi . I felt hr should have ended the game with LJ, Hill, Nance, Clarkson and Green cause as at the yesterday, that was probably their best defensive and offensive line up but Lue will always be Lue.
lola o, you have been missed o
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
Donlittle:
lola o, you have been missed o

Mr Magic City grin . Life happens you know but I'm back now. I'm reading the last 100pages to see all what I've missed, and I can tell that I have missed a whole lot of things.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
lolawilliams:

Always great to have you back.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ifunanya327(f): 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
Make money daily online by liking/Sharing specific business pages on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.. Sign up and thank me later.. Ps:thank me by asking for my account details and doing the needful..
http://abhishekborkar.com/CrJ5X//a579e96f98725fa3aebe9b6d5ef688a2/fcb/en/?i=2376186&i=2376186
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
Roland17:

Always great to have you back.
Thank you smiley . It feels great to be back here.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
lolawilliams:

Thank you smiley . It feels great to be back here.

Thought you purposely did not want to come back and maybe stroll in when the playoffs start?? wink smiley

Good to have you back...Your post match and NBA analysis in general have been missed....
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
aliondo:

Thought you purposely did not want to come back and maybe stroll in when the playoffs start?? wink smiley

Good to have you back...Your post match and NBA analysis in general have been missed....

I got too busy i just visit NL once in a while. Thank you, I can also see you're a Thunders fan who has been stunting so hard on this thread.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
lolawilliams:

I got too busy i just visit NL once in a while. Thank you, I can also see you're a Thunders fan who has been stunting so hard on this thread.
Yh..but in general,the team has been disappointing this season given the quality additions to the team sad...Just hopeful for the playoffs series.

Your team tho,positive turnaround since the trades but i think you're right about Lue..
Almost everyone here has been saying the same thing about Lue..If you guys can integrate Kevin Love back into the team,that should be a plus cos personally i feel he is unfairly treated.....
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:00am On Feb 27, 2018
Hawk fans troll laker fans by wearing oldies Lakers jersey. Lakers still stuck on past glory grin

Someone said on radio that there are no laker Fans, but lakers historians cry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:19am On Feb 27, 2018
If every superstar gets the calls James Harden gets, they'll have an added 8-10+ on their average if they can make their free throws. I watched Anthony Davis, LeBron, Kyrie, Curry, Derozan get shoved around all season long (no problem if refs didn't call a foul) but no one can even breath on Harden. Even when he initiate contact, locks his arm on yours, etc.. He just flails his arms for no fuckíng reason and get calls.. Players don't even seem to try stop him anymore cos he'll go to the line 1 million times.. MVP no doubt however, its unfair.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:34am On Feb 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:
If every superstar gets the calls James Harden gets, they'll have an added 8-10+ on their average if they can make their free throws. I watched Anthony Davis, LeBron, Kyrie, Curry, Derozan get shoved around all season long (no problem if refs didn't call a foul) but no one can even breath on Harden. Even when he initiate contact, locks his arm on yours, etc.. He just flails his arms for no fuckíng reason and get calls.. Players don't even seem to try stop him anymore cos he'll go to the line 1 million times.. MVP no doubt however, its unfair.

where was this epistle when you couldnt even breathe on curry and not get called for a foul. keep kwayet! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:53am On Feb 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:
where was this epistle when zaza was acting like a nuisance?

angry angry angry angry undecided grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:55am On Feb 27, 2018
lolawilliams:

Mr Magic City grin . Life happens you know but I'm back now. I'm reading the last 100pages to see all what I've missed, and I can tell that I have missed a whole lot of things.
Mam, I gave my life to christ. My heavenly father is the only magic in my life. grin Glad to have you back. So is it nursing school that is keeping you this busy?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:03am On Feb 27, 2018
Donlittle:

Calm your titties Uncle. How does this have anything to do with Zaza's epistle? I wrote this the day the Zaza stuff happened and said Zaza should be issued a warning before Decale mentioned it today. You obviously didn't read it cos you know how to think for every Warriors fans.
SmooshCHN:
This play is another "debatable mistake" what the NBA should do is issue a warning to Zaza. He's clumsy which his subjective but being careless is a hazard to everyone. He obviously lacks awareness and I guess a warning would keep him on track. That way everybody wins.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:15am On Feb 27, 2018
birdman:

where was this epistle when you couldn't even breathe on curry and not get called for a foul. keep kwayet! grin
I don't how you think or comprehend things but anyways, as I said, the calls Harden gets are crazy if you disagree that's what you should say not make it a Curry discussion cos that's not the case I put up. And I'm open to see when players couldn't breathe on Curry. I guess opponents too couldn't breathe on other players on that list at one time too. LeBron's complaints are legit as well as other superstars who don't get equal treatments. That's the point i'm passing across. It's about calls not Curry and it's ok to flatout disagree take your advice and keep kawyet.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:57am On Feb 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:

I am never bothered about him because in the playoffs the FT numbers shrink and the 3pt line is more defended. It is the issue they had against SAS last time out. In the regular season, they try to create every narrative to make it watchable because people generally do not care so much about the regular seasons any more.

I tried to watch the Jazz game for a bit and when the game was shifting away from Houston, the FTs started piling up. At some point, the commentators said the refs would need to balance it out a bit to make the game look fair. Rudy Robert was being gobsmacked by Harden and the refs were unlooking. Funny stuff.

It is on NL I heard first that Curry gets superstar treatment. Nobody raised any outrage that Russell shoved Swaggy P for shimmying. Russell has no history that precedes him. Oh the day Draymond does it...or Zaza. Humanright hacktivists would turn up. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2018
Donlittle:

You have won. Zaza broke Kawhi's leg.

LeMarcus Aldridge did not attempt to do same against KD the very next game nor was Steph ever treated that way numerous times during that particular series.

Zaza had eyes in his back to know the exact spot to stand for Kawhi's rolled ankle to rest on. Same Zaza that saw Russell's head and knee to rest his elbows on but aimed for his femur after lightly resting on it and getting up right after.

Condolences to OKC and Russell's family for losing their loved one by him being rested on by Zaza the killer.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:20am On Feb 27, 2018
Eruditor:

I tried to watch the Jazz game for a bit and when the game was shifting away from Houston, the FTs started piling up. At some point, the commentators said the refs would need to balance it out a bit to make the game look fair. Rudy Robert was being gobsmacked by Harden and the refs were unlooking. Funny stuff.

It is on NL I heard first that Curry gets superstar treatment. Nobody raised any outrage that Russell shoved Swaggy P for shimmying. Russell has no history that precedes him. Oh the day Draymond does it...or Zaza. Humanright hacktivists would turn up. grin
I watched the Houston last 3 games. Any touch was a foul, the Nuggets game yesterday was worse. The players were frustrated they just left him to drive to the paint and do whatever he wants. Watching the Jazz game today was what made me write those up there. While typing, they commentator begged for fair calls. Make it fair. He's smart using this advantage consistently but other superstars don't even get half this luxury.. Let everyone get this breathing fouls called equally. I'm making a case for the other superstars who don't get normal calls let alone the ones Harden gets and these guys are trying to make it a "Warriors/Zaza" argument and it's like you're falling for their trap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.