Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,964 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1645993 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (2235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:39am On Feb 27, 2018
aliondo:

Yh..but in general,the team has been disappointing this season given the quality additions to the team sad...Just hopeful for the playoffs series.

Your team tho,positive turnaround since the trades but i think you're right about Lue..
Almost everyone here has been saying the same thing about Lue..If you guys can integrate Kevin Love back into the team,that should be a plus cos personally i feel he is unfairly treated.....

One night, the Thunders look like a legitimate contenders, the next they are losing to a lottery team, It's unexpected to see a team with three all star getting struggles many didn't see coming. I'm sure you guys are making the playoffs

Its not a new thing to me how people hold Lue accountable for the team shortcomings since he took Blatt's post and its sad that the twilight of LJ is been hindered by one of worst coaches in NBA and I don't know why the organization hasnt done nothing about this, things like this doesn't happen in soccer.

It's hard to judge Cavs two losses since the trade without their second best players but I know most people won't believe that, I completely believe in this new team
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:44am On Feb 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I watched the Houston last 3 games. Any touch was a foul, the Nuggets game yesterday was worse. The players were frustrated they just left him to drive to the paint and do whatever he wants. Watching the Jazz game today was what made me write those up there. While typing, they commentator begged for fair calls. Make it fair. He's smart using this advantage consistently but other superstars don't even get half this luxury.. Let everyone get this breathing fouls called equally. I'm making a case for the other superstars who don't get normal calls let alone the ones Harden gets and these guys are trying to make it a "Warriors/Zaza" argument and it's like you're falling for their trap.

Forgive me bro. I wanted to give them Zaza on a stake so they will free him and discuss other things.

Na Gobert I bin wan type earlier not Robert. I just realized the typo.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2018
Donlittle:
Mam, I gave my life to christ. My heavenly father is the only magic in my life. grin Glad to have you back. So is it nursing school that is keeping you this busy?

Hard to believe this sha grin. I'm not even in the medical field, but school work kept me really busy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2018
Lonzooooooo.

Dude is really improving. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
Finally some good news about kawhi. We need whichever bum team is coming out of the west to face every obstacle at full strength.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2018
MitrikDenholm:
Finally some good news about kawhi. We need whichever bum team is coming out of the west to face every obstacle at full strength.
Kawhi, Gasol, Aldridge, It doesn't matter. They are going to get it from the Warriors.

By the way, why do you give lebron all these praises, but everytime you want him to face a tired Western Conference Team, and you know the Eastern Conference is an easy ride?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Calm your titties Uncle. How does this have anything to do with Zaza's epistle? I wrote this the day the Zaza stuff happened and said Zaza should be issued a warning before Decale mentioned it today. You obviously didn't read it cos you know how to think for every Warriors fans.
Emi oyon? Na small play i they play now, why you come they vex?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
Donlittle:
Emi oyon? Na small play i they play now, why you come they vex?

This goal post you're shifting...grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Donlittle:
Kawhi, Gasol, Aldridge, It doesn't matter. They are going to get it from the Warriors.

By the way, why do you give lebron all these praises, but everytime you want him to face a tired Western Conference Team, and you know the Eastern Conference is an easy ride?

I don't care who comes out of the west but I care about how. As long as they don't sweep through and come out rested like the warriors did last year.

LeBron is LeBron but I'm under no illusions, I know we have an inferior team so every advantage is welcomed.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:47am On Feb 28, 2018
They actually rescinded Green's tech. I never hexperred it. I think the refs should also get some fines for each stewpid call they make. This is how they cost teams games with their overzealousness
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:55am On Feb 28, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I don't care who comes out of the west but I care about how. As long as they don't sweep through and come out rested like the warriors did last year.

LeBron is LeBron but I'm under no illusions, I know we have an inferior team so every advantage is welcomed.
The entire Eastern Conference should be sent to the G-League if nobody can knock off these Cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:07am On Feb 28, 2018
lolawilliams:

Lue is a damn shame, and should be a college coach, he knows Spurs plays with their bigs and he stupidly let Green guard Aldridge, it's beyond me why he let Nance sit while Aldridge is killing the Cavs.

He knows Korver was a liability on the D but still left him, He sits hill th entire 4th Q, Sits Clarkson the 2nd nd 3rd Q, plays Korver when he's not making shot, aiye mi . I felt hr should have ended the game with LJ, Hill, Nance, Clarkson and Green cause as at the yesterday, that was probably their best defensive and offensive line up but Lue will always be Lue.
With the Cavs every game is one massive struggle. Whether faced with the Nets or the Grizzlies they labor against every single team no matter how inferior they might be. Lue's rotations are terrible. They don't close out properly on the 3's and still don't seem to have a minimum baseline effort on defense on a nightly basis

I like Nance and I think he should get more minutes. He does need to work on his offensive game and be a bit more polished. On nights the 3 don't fall they are going to need somebody on the inside
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 28, 2018
A40:
The entire Eastern Conference should be sent to the G-League if nobody can knock off these Cavs

LOL. It happens every year though.

But the funny thing is players do well before learning Lues "plays". Once they learn or even start to they become useless. Coincidence? I think not. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's only lost one playoff series in charge but the whole team just looks discombobulated.

Sometimes I even try to blame LeBron and his Isos but even when he's seated the offense and defense looks just as disoriented. And then there are three players who obviously shouldn't be starting but he seems unable to make these difficult decisions. It's frustrating.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:20am On Feb 28, 2018
You guys are getting sodomized by D'Angelo Russell. Unfassbar
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 28, 2018
A40:
You guys are getting sodomized by D'Angelo Russell. Unfassbar

LeBron is playing very bad defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 28, 2018
Decale:

This goal post you're shifting...grin
small play small play now, all the warriors fan don Dey vex
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:26am On Feb 28, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

LOL. It happens every year though.

But the funny thing is players do well before learning Lues "plays". Once they learn or even start to they become useless. Coincidence? I think not. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's only lost one playoff series in charge but the whole team just looks discombobulated.

Sometimes I even try to blame LeBron and his Isos but even when he's seated the offense and defense looks just as disoriented. And then there are three players who obviously shouldn't be starting but he seems unable to make these difficult decisions. It's frustrating.
Naah this is the worst Cavs team I've seen in a while. The East has no excuse to not knock them off. The Nets shouldn't be dropping 120 in your building. They played last night for goodness sake.

The offense is decent but on defense they have no rim protector, they have nobody that rushes you off the 3. Late on switches and just suck at everything
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 28, 2018
A40:
Naah this is the worst Cavs team I've seen in a while. The East has no excuse to not knock them off. The Nets shouldn't be dropping 120 in your building. They played last night for goodness sake.

The offense is decent but on defense they have no rim protector, they have nobody that rushes you off the 3. Late on switches and just suck at everything

Everyone said the same thing last season after they finished with a .5 record.

As for rim protection, that's why nance should be starting. He's done a really good job at that so far and surprisingly was able to keep Steven Adams at bay when the Cavs played OKC. That's besides the fact that his alternative is cursed and useless.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:41am On Feb 28, 2018
In a league of his own. Like literally, theres no one else. GOAT.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:06am On Feb 28, 2018
This lone alpha thing dey sweet LeBron

First 30k/8k/8k and just averaged a triple double for the month. Has 850 consecutive games of scoring in double figures. He'll probably bag his seventh consecutive February player of the month. And he's 33...

IT, please come back cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:08am On Feb 28, 2018
Wade just went 2006...
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:10am On Feb 28, 2018
Ahn. Millsap, we missed you...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:17am On Feb 28, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I don't how you think or comprehend things but anyways, as I said, the calls Harden gets are crazy if you disagree that's what you should say not make it a Curry discussion cos that's not the case I put up. And I'm open to see when players couldn't breathe on Curry. I guess opponents too couldn't breathe on other players on that list at one time too. LeBron's complaints are legit as well as other superstars who don't get equal treatments. That's the point i'm passing across. It's about calls not Curry and it's ok to flatout disagree take your advice and keep kawyet.

nah man, no keeping quiet on this! i just dont remeber you having an issue with non calls when warriors were on top. I cant think how many regular season games cavs and warriors played where Lebron would get hammered, no call. Curry would flinch and they almost want to call flagrant. You were cool with it then. Now that Harden is getting calls and Curry is mortal again, you have issues.

But guess what? Harden actually gets those calls because he deserves them. Just like Curry used to use his 3pt accuracy to get you to bite on defense, Harden tries to get you off balance, and you must follow him, otherwise he knocks down the 3. If you decide to follow him, you then have to watch out for his unconventional moves, otherwise you end up hitting his arm or bodying him more than you should. Of course you could have another player help you on defense, but that leaves on of those 3pt shooters open.

You just need to respect the craft, instead of trying to throw shade at the MVP. I say trying because we the dawgs in the west right now. Put some respeck on it angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Decale:
This lone alpha thing dey sweet LeBron

First 30k/8k/8k and just averaged a triple double for the month. Has 850 consecutive games of scoring in double figures. He'll probably bag his seventh consecutive February player of the month. And he's 33...

IT, please come back cry

IT: to coman do what?!! to come an do what nau grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:40am On Feb 28, 2018
lolawilliams:

Hard to believe this sha grin. I'm not even in the medical field, but school work kept me really busy
sha quick collect this phd lets come and chop rice. grin, lol na true o, well, i am trying to get on the right path these days until i reach atlanta and home training goes out the door. grin I have a love and hate relationship with that city yo grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:04am On Feb 28, 2018
birdman:

IT: to coman do what?!! to come an do what nau grin

Ahn ahn. To make Bron look normal grin

You have to admit those 15 games IT played were Bron's worst games in a while
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:21am On Feb 28, 2018
How do you even differentiate this Harris from Murray people?

Apart from Jersey numbers and probably off ball defense by Harris, these 2 virtually do everything the same way. Same skillset, plays, build, height, weight and face. Read somewhere they even have the same galfrend

Gary Harris perfected the shadow clone jitsu to collect extra money OR has a brother he didn't know about. That's my opinion...

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:24am On Feb 28, 2018
birdman:

nah man, no keeping quiet on this! i just dont remeber you having an issue with non calls when warriors were on top. I cant think how many regular season games cavs and warriors played where Lebron would get hammered, no call. Curry would flinch and they almost want to call flagrant. You were cool with it then. Now that Harden is getting calls and Curry is mortal again, you have issues.

But guess what? Harden actually gets those calls because he deserves them. Just like Curry used to use his 3pt accuracy to get you to bite on defense, Harden tries to get you off balance, and you must follow him, otherwise he knocks down the 3. If you decide to follow him, you then have to watch out for his unconventional moves, otherwise you end up hitting his arm or bodying him more than you should. Of course you could have another player help you on defense, but that leaves on of those 3pt shooters open.

You just need to respect the craft, instead of trying to throw shade at the MVP. I say trying because we the dawgs in the west right now. Put some respeck on it angry angry angry

Please, year and season that Curry got superstar calls.

As for LeBron, he is fouled as often as he fouls others. It makes it hard for the refs to call it. Add his travels to it as well and let us see how often he would complain.

I know he was throwing shade at Harden: as that is the only shooter in the NBA that gets those calls so I would agree with him only in that context.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:41am On Feb 28, 2018
7-7-7 is a number. Oluwashinaaa
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:45am On Feb 28, 2018
Decale:
Ahn. Millsap, we missed you...
I really like this Denver team. I hope they can finish somewhere in 6th so they avoid the Warriors and Houston. I don't know if the league has a better passing big than Nikola Jokic
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:54am On Feb 28, 2018
birdman:

Guy if Curry got the calls Harden got he would be dropping 40 per night. Don't even go there! I like the Beard but some of the calls he gets are farcical (Lou Williams na another point of reference) As far as superstar calls go between Steph Bron and Harden Steph gets the least and no be today e don dey like that.

Truth be told Harden's FG numbers are pedestrian. Sub 45. And getting to the line has kinda helped his ministry a lot. I still want him to win MVP though for running the most efficient offense in league history

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:56am On Feb 28, 2018
A-40 wuz ere

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (2235) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BlueMann

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.