Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1721187 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
A40:
Kyrie to undergo 'minimally invasive' knee surgery

Well he spoke a knee surgery into existence when threatened to have one to avoid playing for the Cavs if he doesn't get traded. I guess it's only fitting that my curse befalls him in the form of a knee surgery. I wonder who's next...
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Well he spoke a knee surgery into existence when thereatened to have one to avoid playing for the Cavs if he doesn't get traded. I guess it's only fitting that my curse befalls him in the form of a knee surgery. I wonder who's next...

LeBron
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Decale:

LeBron

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Trust me, he's my top 5 favourite player off the court. Thank God Lavar has been quiet. But they're last two games, he and KCP were just straight up trash in like the last 5mins of the game. Lakers were down by 1pt today with 52secs to go, my Nigga Lonzo, wide open, even took one dribble to set up well and bricked it. Just drive into the lane and flop like Harden but nah, he bricked it and KCP also gave an excellent pass to AD down by 3 with 4 secs to go. They're growing as a team and I like it though. E dey pain me especially those losses in crunch time. Not good for those young boys. KCP especially can't be teasing them like that.

Anyways, I'm only talking about last 3-5mins of the game before someone say I'm hating.

Yea, he played trash in the last 2 or 3 games that is for sure. But Lonzo is an intelligent player. I would even say as intelligent as Lebron. Skill-set will be built with time.

There was a time to beat Lebron you forced him to become a jumpshooter. These days, if he had 4 secs to look at the rim from 3pt, he made it. He improved. Lonzo will.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
birdman:

dude you are all over the place. Lets start from the end.

Curry vs Harden: Both can shoot, both are on good teams with god spacing. Harden gets into the paint more because he is stronger. No more explanation needed for this. If you still dont understand, bro, go play some street ball and hit the gym for 6 months. You will see the difference between when you started and when you ended.

Curry vs Wade: Both are strong guards. But Harden shoots better, so he gets guarded closer than Wade. Which is why Wade developed his pump fake, to give him the advantage Harden naturally has.

Harden vs KD: KD is not a guard. Even though he likes to slash to the paint and can shoot, he gets guarded by a forward usually, not a traditional guard. And if you note, KD is usually not strong enough to beat his guard if he is not already on a fastbreak. Instead, he takes unguardable, tough fadeaways and makes them. He's a superstar like that

Harden vs Lebron: Do I need to go further here? Technically, they have two different games

Harden vs Russell: Good comparison here, both are strong at their positions and are both guards. Russell unfortunately settles more than he needs to. And he doesnt have Harden's footwork.

In short, you keep trying to say refs are giving Harden home cooking, but I keep showing you why he has a set of skills that allows him to get to the rim easy. Opponents dont have to foul him. They could just let his score, but they choose to foul him because its good basketball.

If you want your Curry to be getting the same FTs, he can go ask Nowitzki how he transformed from a finesse shooter to a legit forward. If you wind back the clock 10 years, Curry will be a bench player. Harden would still be a superstar. Because the game was more physical, you could hand check and contact was allowed.

Nna mehn, You said Curry and Harden got superstar calls that I should not complain. I proved that wrong by showing the huuuuge disparity in numbers even when Curry was the best player in the league.

Then you tried to justify Harden's numbers by the spacing and 3pt shooting and talent all of which I said were non-existent in the previous years that he still got the same super star calls.

Now, you have settled for his shooting, strength and skill on the ball, all of which I agree that he does have but I am using other people that are better than him in each of those skills that did not get the recompense for that specific skill.

Curry shoots better. Yet Harden gets more FTs off shots than him.
Lebron is stronger going to the paint. Harden still gets more FTs off driving than him.
Kyrie is more skilled. Ditto above.
Russell is quicker and enjoyed superstar calls only last year but not so much this year, even though he drives more frequently than Harden. (Russell has cut down on the 3pt and 2pt shooting due to bad %).

Then I concluded that there is an extra spice that you may be purposely ignoring: Harden hand checks and flops and the refs buy it.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Well he spoke a knee surgery into existence when thereatened to have one to avoid playing for the Cavs if he doesn't get traded. I guess it's only fitting that my curse befalls him in the form of a knee surgery. I wonder who's next...
Yeah I remember that. He really wanted out though.

Looks like another smooth ride for the Cavs to the finals. Kevin Love has been balling at a very high level since he returned
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 24, 2018
A40:
Yeah I remember that. He really wanted out though.

Looks like another smooth ride for the Cavs to the finals. Kevin Love has been balling at a very high level since he returned

He really has and we really look better in so many ways. Somehow few people are talking about the Kevin love effect. Bad side of playing with LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23am On Mar 24, 2018
Roland17:

I remember stating my fear regarding the knee earlier on. I believe the Celtics evaluated the situation critically and believe a minimally invasive clean up would give us the best shot at having him for the post season.
I think you guys can survive without Kyrie in the first round. The only team I think would give you guys problem is Miami because they are also another scrappy lower seed team
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:29am On Mar 24, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

He really has and we really look better in so many ways. Somehow few people are talking about the Kevin love effect. Bad side of playing with LeBron.
Nance. Thompson and Hood are back. Congratulations on another Finals
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:41am On Mar 24, 2018
birdman:

Melo actually might be one of the few ballers that can do without cheating - dude is low key all the time. Even on her reality show, he was that type of dude thats all good once his woman is good. But all men gat limits tongue. Lala leave the guy for NYC dey para for LA. When she comes back home to NYC, the few times that Melo doesnt have a road game and is at home, your large NYC family is in all your business. Enough to make anyone checkout.

Last last, e no go work - I hope Melo finds something stable. Grown men no suppose dey roam streets
They've been together since her TRL days. I'm sure Melo did more than just cheat. When a woman stays with you for over a decade it's usually going to take more than cheating to end it all

Lol reality shows are like the biggest relationship killers fam. Once you start one that marriage's days are numbered

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 24, 2018
A40:
Nance. Thompson and Hood are back. Congratulations on another Finals

Nance and Hood are injury prone so I hope they stay healthy when it matters. TT is trash and with the depth we have he shouldn't even be playing if everyone's healthy.

But uhhm yeah, even before the trade deadline, no one was going to stop us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:08am On Mar 24, 2018
Shame no dey catch LeBron. Instead of him to rest or have a 1 day injury, he's here padding stats against a bottom tier Suns without Booker and Warren.

Cristiano Ronaldo of Basketball

Have some dignity, young man lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 24, 2018
Decale:
Shame no dey catch LeBron. Instead of him to rest or have a 1 day injury, he's here padding stats against a bottom tier Suns without Booker and Warren.

He rests he's soft, he plays, he's padding stats. I guess there's no winning with simps.

He's trying to play all 82. He'll rest in the fourth. Stop drinking the haterade.

And BTW Ronaldo > Messi.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:15am On Mar 24, 2018
Decale:

I don die for laughter, infact, my ribs dey kill me as I dey read this your post. The hustle is real.

But you can't blame him, the Cavs are 2 wins from the 6th spot and 3 wins from the 7th spot, so Bron has to play each night to guarantee their 3rd spot. They need to play the first round at home at least na.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2018
Which potential threat is my curse going to take out next?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2018
So we have some Messi fans here?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 24, 2018
Aldridge about to drop 50.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:03am On Mar 24, 2018
Yo this Boston team is grimy!! When did Marcus Morris turn to this baddo? He was mostly hit and miss in Detroit but is right now looking like the winner of the Morris-Bradley trade.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:06am On Mar 24, 2018
https://streamable.com/nkwb1

My boy. cry embarassed

No...I cannot doubt. MRI will show a little strain that will wear off in a day or 2.

I believe.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:41am On Mar 24, 2018
Eruditor:

My boy. cry embarassed

No...I cannot doubt. MRI will show a little strain that will wear off in a day or 2.

I believe.
High time we invested in a decent Center.. Zaza and McGee are just too clumsy for my liking. I knew someone was going to get hurt when McGee jumped..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 24, 2018
Eruditor:

My boy. cry embarassed

I believe.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 24, 2018
The warriors centers have a history of taking out the best player on the opposing team by falling "awkwardly" on them. Only fitting that my curse befalls curry by having one of their bigs take him out the same way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2018
DevdanSanguine:
And BTW Ronaldo > Messi.

You really have a lot of problems.

Your village people no just gree you live normal life. Chai...
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2018
Roland17:

I don die for laughter, infact, my ribs dey kill me as I dey read this your post. The hustle is real.

But you can't blame him, the Cavs are 2 wins from the 6th spot and 3 wins from the 7th spot, so Bron has to play each night to guarantee their 3rd spot. They need to play the first round at home at least na.

You wee see him again flex for triple double against Mavs. Then he'll use his slogan "Strive for Greatness"

Finishing above Pacers title... grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 24, 2018
Decale:

You really have a lot of problems.

Your village people no just gree you live normal life. Chai...

If they won't leave me alone just imagine what they'll do to you once I send them your name if you don't desist from making foolish comments.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2018
Damn. MCL sprain is the initial diagnosis for Steph! Tentatively its said it would take 5-6 weeks to recover from
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2018
A40:
Damn. MCL sprain is the initial diagnosis for Steph! Tentatively its said it would take 5-6 weeks to recover from

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 24, 2018
If for some reason this bum returns to the starting lineup. angry

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
I can’t believe one athletic clumsy guy and one unathletic clumsy guy just happen to fall everyone and then and either take out the opposing player or their own player.

Warriors should aim high as they can in the Western Conference. Avoid rockets in the playoffs till the WCF when curry is fully back healthy. I just don’t see a way you beat them without a healthy curry.

Stranger things have happened though.

Please you guys should get a new center please. This clumsy guys injuring players or could attempt to because of their clumsiness isn’t it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
Donlittle:
I can’t believe one athletic clumsy guy and one unathletic clumsy guy just happen to fall everyone and then and either take out the opposing player or their own player.

Warriors should aim high as they can in the Western Conference. Avoid rockets in the playoffs till the WCF when curry is fully back healthy. I just don’t see a way you beat them without a healthy curry.

Stranger things have happened though.

Please you guys should get a new center please. This clumsy guys injuring players or could attempt to because of their clumsiness isn’t it.

Wait until you see who gets injured next cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
In my opinion, the Warriors had no business playing Curry last night especially if you have conceded the western conference to the Rockets like they claimed. Curry needs to be healthy for the Warriors to make a less stressful deep run in the postseason. I would have shut him down until the end of the regular season or maybe have him play the final two games at most. You can only roll the same ankle for so long without getting hurt.

Even when he comes back for the post-season, I am wondering what his state of mind would be. Would he hesitate to drive to the bucket or engage in any activity under the rim? how would Kerr manage his minutes and plays? Steph is now 30, the youth of the 20's to bounce back from injuries especially joint injuries begin to wane. Steph and the Warriors have to manage his 30's carefully so he can play longer and that is the pragmatic truth.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
Roland17:
In my opinion, the Warriors had no business playing Curry last night especially if you have conceded the western conference to the Rockets like they claimed. Curry needs to be healthy for the Warriors to make a less stressful deep run in the postseason. I would have shut him down until the end of the regular season or maybe have him play the final two games at most. You can only roll the same ankle for so long without getting hurt.

Even when he comes back for the post-season, I am wondering what his state of mind would be. Would he hesitate to drive to the bucket or engage in any activity under the rim? how would Kerr manage his minutes and plays? Steph is now 30, the youth of the 20's to bounce back from injuries especially joint injuries begin to wane. Steph and the Warriors have to manage his 30's carefully so he can play longer and that is the pragmatic truth.

well said.

Hopefully they bring him back deep into the post season and not try to rush him back. I am sure they will hold on to the second spot anyways.

Unless they meet the thunder in the first round or second round, I see no reason to rush him back until the western conference finals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: SmooshCHN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.