Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632176 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
yomi96:
aldridge is the new duncan
I don't know about Duncan but Aldridge is killing it it has to be said. I really hope Kawhi can make a recovery somehow someway
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
Roland17:

Mi ti gba kamu.
Tragic
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:55am On Mar 23, 2018
A40:
Tragic

As disappointing as the past 2 seasons have been, you can't ignore the 3 Stanley cups in 9 seasons, conference finals and multiple playoff appearances this team made.
The blackhawks dominated the NHL and created a dynasty during the last 9 years. It was a very good run especially considering the NHL is not designed to tolerate dynasties like the NFL and NBA to some extent.
We still have vital pieces, we just have to draft better and start over again with the corner stones.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 23, 2018
Blake Griffin Just unsuccesfully Zaza'd Harden.

PS Reggie Jackson looks like a chimp.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 23, 2018
Harden is a bum!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:23am On Mar 23, 2018
MitrikDenholm:
Harden is a bum!
You mean MVP whether we like it or yes? I heard he might be unanimous but some say he flops a lot so he'll only go down as this season's MVP. Or Unanimous.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
You mean MVP whether we like it or yes? I heard he might be unanimous but some say he flops a lot so he'll go down as this season's MVP.

Well he was having a horrendous game (4/20) but the refs as expected are bailing him out. Games like this are exactly why you question how well the rockets will do in the off season, harden might go cold and Chris Paul might get injured. Not to get ahead of myself.

He should be unanimous MVP. He has the numbers, the record, the narrative and the media on his side.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:37am On Mar 23, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Well he was having a horrendous game (4/20) but the refs as expected are bailing him out. Games like this are exactly why you question how well the rockets will do in the off season, harden might go cold and Chris Paul might get injured. Not to get ahead of myself.

He should be unanimous MVP. He has the numbers, the record, the narrative and the media on his side.
As usual, but birdman will say Harden is intelligent hence the funny calls he gets. He's the MVP for sure.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:38am On Mar 23, 2018
Lonzo Ball and KCP in clutch are 5&6.. Straight Disaster Artists grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:41am On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
As usual, but birdman will say Harden is intelligent hence the funny calls he gets. He's the MVP for sure.

Core and leg strength.
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:43am On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Lonzo Ball and KCP in clutch are 5&6.. Straight Disaster Artists grin cheesy

You did not hail him when he was playing well.

You are biased to the ball...literally.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:45am On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
You mean MVP whether we like it or yes? I heard he might be unanimous but some say he flops a lot so he'll only go down as this season's MVP. Or Unanimous.

I know for shizzle he won't be unanimous.

AD will get a vote. Lebron will get one too.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:46am On Mar 23, 2018
A40:
Lmaooo na phuckin guy. He wanted to fight KG for telling him her history. Yoruba go say "Se o tan yin? oo big"

Melo sorely lacks that edge needed to push his team over the line. He's faced some really tough teams but a player of his talent should have more than a series win under his belt. In a team now where the scoring onus isn't on him as much he still isn't delivering in the clutch.

If I'm PG why tha phuck would I stay in OKC? Melo would only get worse next year. I'd rather head to LA or even better Houston.
Oluwamelo done suffer small sha. Lala said he's fine with Powers but he never watched the series. Anyone would brick free throws when they remember those scenes with Tommy. I feel for him though. Lakers better chase LeBron hard and fast. I don't think Paul George will change anything for them. At least not alone as the best player on the team.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:55am On Mar 23, 2018
Eruditor:

You did not hail him when he was playing well.

You are biased to the ball...literally.
Trust me, he's my top 5 favourite player off the court. Thank God Lavar has been quiet. But they're last two games, he and KCP were just straight up trash in like the last 5mins of the game. Lakers were down by 1pt today with 52secs to go, my Nigga Lonzo, wide open, even took one dribble to set up well and bricked it. Just drive into the lane and flop like Harden but nah, he bricked it and KCP also gave an excellent pass to AD down by 3 with 4 secs to go. They're growing as a team and I like it though. E dey pain me especially those losses in crunch time. Not good for those young boys. KCP especially can't be teasing them like that.

Anyways, I'm only talking about last 3-5mins of the game before someone say I'm hating.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:47am On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Trust me, he's my top 5 favourite player off the court. Thank God Lavar has been quiet. But they're last two games, he and KCP were just straight up trash in like the last 5mins of the game. Lakers were down by 1pt today with 52secs to go, my Nigga Lonzo, wide open, even took one dribble to set up well and bricked it. Just drive into the lane and flop like Harden but nah, he bricked it and KCP also gave an excellent pass to AD down by 3 with 4 secs to go. They're growing as a team and I like it though. E dey pain me especially those losses in crunch time. Not good for those young boys. KCP especially can't be teasing them like that.

Anyways, I'm only talking about last 3-5mins of the game before someone say I'm hating.
Lonzo is a bust period even Quinn cook from the G League shoots better. A pg shooting around 50% from the free throw line as a 2nd draft pick! What! Didn't he do pre draft work out or were the Lakers blind?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:47am On Mar 23, 2018
etidy:

Lonzo is a bust period even Quinn cook from the G League shoots better. A pg shooting around 50% from the free throw line as a 2nd draft pick! What! Didn't he do pre draft work out or were the Lakers blind?
Chill!! You're overreacting. He's not a bust. Many rookies go through this phase.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2018
Griffin is the facilitator, point man, defense and paint guy for this team. He's doing the work of 3 people and instead of these bums to help out, the only one trying to is a Deandre Jordan 2.0. Pffttt

Kemba couldn't let Dwight Howard have his shine for one day. grin

The only good thing about Lakers currently is the hype of Lonzo dying slowly. Now, he can focus without the media on him
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Chill!! You're overreacting. He's not a bust. Many rookies go through this phase.
Yes he's a rookie but for a lottery pick and a 2nd overall for that matter this guy is poor. To be a 2nd pick it's not just abt your potential but what you can do straight away. This guys peak is no better than rubio or rondo
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Roland17:

As disappointing as the past 2 seasons have been, you can't ignore the 3 Stanley cups in 9 seasons, conference finals and multiple playoff appearances this team made.
The blackhawks dominated the NHL and created a dynasty during the last 9 years. It was a very good run especially considering the NHL is not designed to tolerate dynasties like the NFL and NBA to some extent.
We still have vital pieces, we just have to draft better and start over again with the corner stones.
Loool we know all this. My Pens did a back to back too and we are still in the running this year. The writing was on the wall for you guys from the playoff series against Nashville.

I honestly see a lengthy rebuild for you guys because you would most likely not get a top 3 franchise changer especially in recent kids like McDavid , Matthews , Laine. Your goalies are AHL grade plus your key players are declining sharply (Toews , Keith , Seabrook).and are 'untradeable'

Time will tell but I think it would take two seasons at the very least if not more for the Hawks to return to any type of playoff contention
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
Lol what kind of demonic tanking are the Grizzlies doing? How can you lose by 61pts to the phuckin Hornets without Dwight?

SmooshCHN:
Oluwamelo done suffer small sha. Lala said he's fine with Powers but he never watched the series. Anyone would brick free throws when they remember those scenes with Tommy. I feel for him though. Lakers better chase LeBron hard and fast. I don't think Paul George will change anything for them. At least not alone as the best player on the team.
Loool I'm sure Melo has a few sidepieces of his own so he can't be bothered. As a ball player what's Lala acting for? She's not exactly Viola Davis so I don't get why he would be fine with his woman kpanshin Tommy, I mean if it won her an Oscar like Halle then that's a bit more understandable
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Eruditor:

Hmmm.

Yes, both coaches prior to MDA incorporated 3pt shooting into their play but to claim the talent level for that type of game is the same now beggars belief. All these because you are trying to justify Harden's obscene FT numbers.

I am lost now on your second train of thought. If he is strong but does not look it why does he get the fouls compared to other elite PGs? If he is strong and still looks it then why does he get the fouls and not other strong players like Lebron?

The bare fact is, there is no head or tail as to why that is so except that he sells the fouls and the refs buy it for reasons best known to them. It is the same reason nobody calls Lebrons travels or offensive foul charges. Or the same reason Harden gets away with his travels on those step back 3s as well.

It could also be the same reason CP3 gets away with a lot of dirty plays like shoving players etc which they call great D but if Zaza does it, he was trying to kill the player.

It is the same innate, inexplicable reason that a player that avoids contact as much as possible, still uses his quickness of thought, range of shooting and finesse to go to the rim will still get overlooked for fouls that when he defends the same way against other players he is charged for.

Lebron said shooters are favored, well, Curry is the best there is and may have ever been. Yet he does not top that chart and never has. But Harden shoots, and it became his excuse.

Okay, Harden drives consistently with strong core and leg strength, I am guessing Russell, Lebron, KD do so consistently - we can even go to Wade in his prime to find that he never posted Hardens FT numbers - and just like him, the other people on that list don't post Hardens numbers.

Harden plays for a great 3pt shooting team with mad spacing? Curry is like, been there done that..still doing that. It is because it is Harden's time? It was not his time 14,15,16 and 17.

Every argument you would make for him would be inconsistent when used for another player. Or I guess we just have to take MDA's words that although certain players do certain things better than Harden, he is just the best at combining everything together.

We would see how true that is, when the stakes get higher.

dude you are all over the place. Lets start from the end.

Curry vs Harden: Both can shoot, both are on good teams with god spacing. Harden gets into the paint more because he is stronger. No more explanation needed for this. If you still dont understand, bro, go play some street ball and hit the gym for 6 months. You will see the difference between when you started and when you ended.

Curry vs Wade: Both are strong guards. But Harden shoots better, so he gets guarded closer than Wade. Which is why Wade developed his pump fake, to give him the advantage Harden naturally has.

Harden vs KD: KD is not a guard. Even though he likes to slash to the paint and can shoot, he gets guarded by a forward usually, not a traditional guard. And if you note, KD is usually not strong enough to beat his guard if he is not already on a fastbreak. Instead, he takes unguardable, tough fadeaways and makes them. He's a superstar like that

Harden vs Lebron: Do I need to go further here? Technically, they have two different games

Harden vs Russell: Good comparison here, both are strong at their positions and are both guards. Russell unfortunately settles more than he needs to. And he doesnt have Harden's footwork.

In short, you keep trying to say refs are giving Harden home cooking, but I keep showing you why he has a set of skills that allows him to get to the rim easy. Opponents dont have to foul him. They could just let his score, but they choose to foul him because its good basketball.

If you want your Curry to be getting the same FTs, he can go ask Nowitzki how he transformed from a finesse shooter to a legit forward. If you wind back the clock 10 years, Curry will be a bench player. Harden would still be a superstar. Because the game was more physical, you could hand check and contact was allowed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
A40:
Lol what kind of demonic tanking are the Grizzlies doing? How can you lose by 61pts to the phuckin Hornets without Dwight?

Loool I'm sure Melo has a few sidepieces of his own so he can't be bothered. As a ball player what's Lala acting for? She's not exactly Viola Davis so I don't get why he would be fine with his woman kpanshin Tommy, I mean if it won her an Oscar like Halle then that's a bit more understandable
i can just tell A40 na Yoruba boy from this post.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
Eruditor:

Core and leg strength.
grin

dey laugh me nau...is ok. wetin be ur team again. juss asking o angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Oluwamelo done suffer small sha. Lala said he's fine with Powers but he never watched the series. Anyone would brick free throws when they remember those scenes with Tommy. I feel for him though.

grin of course he is fine with it - u know how many Lala replicas dey NYC? One of Melo's side pieces even looks exactly like her. Hollywood na man's game o. sometimes it is better not to play
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
Donlittle:
i can just tell A40 na Yoruba boy from this post.
Bwahahaha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
birdman:

grin of course he is fine with it - u know how many Lala replicas dey NYC? One of Melo's side pieces even looks exactly like her. Hollywood na man's game o. sometimes it is better not to play
I don't quite get those people. As a ballplayer that looks like Melo what are the odds he would never cheat? That's why I wonder why they bother with marriage. Shey whoever Lala ends up with next no go cheat too?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:

So u dont think he is intelligent. ok

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
A40:
I don't quite get those people. As a ballplayer that looks like Melo what are the odds he would never cheat? That's why I wonder why they bother with marriage. Shey whoever Lala ends up with next no go cheat too?

Melo actually might be one of the few ballers that can do without cheating - dude is low key all the time. Even on her reality show, he was that type of dude thats all good once his woman is good. But all men gat limits tongue. Lala leave the guy for NYC dey para for LA. When she comes back home to NYC, the few times that Melo doesnt have a road game and is at home, your large NYC family is in all your business. Enough to make anyone checkout.

Last last, e no go work - I hope Melo finds something stable. Grown men no suppose dey roam streets

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
Kyrie to undergo 'minimally invasive' knee surgery
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
birdman:

So u dont think he is intelligent. ok

grin
2 time MVP is brilliant, 3 time MVP is brilliant, those all stars are brilliant too. They wouldn't get those calls cos they don't have a reputation for flopping and flailing so easily. It's all the referees fault as I've always said. Na dem dey stamp one man's intelligence like sey the others no sabi Left from Right.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
A40:
Kyrie to undergo 'minimally invasive' knee surgery

I remember stating my fear regarding the knee earlier on. I believe the Celtics evaluated the situation critically and believe a minimally invasive clean up would give us the best shot at having him for the post season.

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
birdman:

If you want your Curry to be getting the same FTs, he can go ask Nowitzki how he transformed from a finesse shooter to a legit forward. If you wind back the clock 10 years, Curry will be a bench player. Harden would still be a superstar. [b]Because the game was more physical, you could hand check and contact was allowed.[/b]
Hand check is more reason why Harden would find it difficult to look like a star. One man here doesn't need to flop and flail around for 10fts/game to average 30pts. Muggsy Bogues, Spud webb, Steve Nash, Jason Williams, Jason kidd, John Stockton thrived. Same with Curry. he definitely would have been the same superstar he is now and never have been a bench player 20yrs ago with this talent..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.