Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626601 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
If anything the adversity the Cavs are facing now will serve them going against the raptors. The yungens will at least gain some experience before then. Wouldn't want to stroll in only to face adversity for the first time in the second round against a much more experienced team in the raptors. And I admittedly underestimated this Pacers team, still the lesser of many evils in the east this year though. Again I don't want any one to shout cakewalk when it's all said and done.

Cavs in 6.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:
Someone reported me and had me banned and when I say you lot are soft you kick and scream like little ankle biters. Well I know who you are and you are a certified b itch.
nobody reported, mod came, saw comment, and decided to ban you. I was banned also. You are lucky your reply had been removed before I woke up, I would have given you a befitting Burial.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
A40:
Thank God you're seeing it. I believe Game 1 was his worst showing but he gets a pass for Game 3.

This is why I believed the mid season trade was a bad idea, guys like Wade , IT ,Crowder would not shrivel this badly in crucial moments like these. I don't think anybody besides Kevin Love scored a bucket in the last 9mins of the game for the Cavs. Lebron has been nil on defense which is essentially negating his offensive output! I've always seen him as an average to poor one on one defender but you couldn't deny he at least showed effort. These days he can't even be bothered

I think Sixers would be his best landing spot. That team should be a problem for 5 years at least.

I dont think it would have been any better without the trade. The league is so young now that cavs would be down 3-0 right now - pacers are too young, too fast. Hood, Nance, Clarkson are still having playoff jitters. If they made half the gimme shots they took yesterday, results would be different. As tempting as it is to want older vets, this youth movement is the only way Lebron gets a shot even in the east. Lue needs to figure a way to rest LBJ while leaving potent offense on the floor. I think the decision to play LBJ without any rest in the second half was a bad mistake.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
A40:
Obviously for the long term. However you can't seriously be thinking of going to war with the West this year with Nance. Hood and Clarkson.

I think all hopes of competing with Golden State or Houston were destroyed the minute the trade was made

It depends on how those 3 adjust. You dont need superstar points from them. Just activity on defense and 4 or 5 baskets on offense
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
birdman:

It depends on how those 3 adjust. You dont need superstar points from them. Just activity on defense and 4 or 5 baskets on offense
It's only in the East you can get away with such mid season gaga shuffle. In another conference such move would be pretty much tantamount to waving the white flag.

Nance is a rotation guy. Hood is good and has potential but has always been a bit sawft and a well known mental midget. Clarkson is a poor man's Monta Ellis.

The adjustment period from All-star trade deadline to mid-April was a bit too short tbh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
birdman:

I dont think it would have been any better without the trade. The league is so young now that cavs would be down 3-0 right now - pacers are too young, too fast. Hood, Nance, Clarkson are still having playoff jitters. If they made half the gimme shots they took yesterday, results would be different. As tempting as it is to want older vets, this youth movement is the only way Lebron gets a shot even in the east. Lue needs to figure a way to rest LBJ while leaving potent offense on the floor. I think the decision to play LBJ without any rest in the second half was a bad mistake.
It's difficult to tell. The Pacers are not winning on the back of their relative youth. What I can say was perhaps underestimated was how well these Pacers match up with the Cavs. They won the regular season contests comfortably.

The main thing ailing the Cavs is their lack of secondary scoring options. With the vets they had guys that could pick up the slack when LeNomad sits. Wade would not shy away from the moment and neither would IT. In a game the Cavs are chasing do you expect Larry Nance or Rodney Hood to pick up the slack?

You and I know LeNomad would not stick around to find out if he can win with these guys..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:

And how are you sure that traded Cavs team would have even made the playoffs?

Not that his defense is what it used to be but your comment on his defense I reckon is based on a single play like all you simple minded fellows do.

And to the picture attached. You do realise that statement is a self defeating paradox yes? The latter is why the former stands. He has consistently won with scrubs and in most cases when he loses its because the supporting cast was lost not him.

And how does the Cavs scoring only coming from LeBron become a fault of his? Is it his fault his teammates were missing wide open looks?

I don't even know why you drama queens are already burying the Cavs. Mark me, the Cavs aren't losing this series. And if you want to put your money where your mouth is then I'm game.
And what was the guarantee this present iteration were going to make the playoffs? What was abundantly clear was that team had a much higher ceiling than this one. Flawed as they might have been you felt they had a shot if they got into the playoffs.

Only Bronsexual sheep like you still think LeNomad is anything close to an elite defender. He has always been overrated as a one on one defender

Rubbish. The image just highlights the duplicitous and double standards of you Bronsexuals. Win. Lose or Draw LeNomad gets all the credit.

Who has buried the Cavs? I'm game whenever you are. If you speak Paypalian then let's go! I don't know about this series but you guys are not coming out the East
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
A40:

And what was the guarantee this present iteration were going to make the playoffs? What was abundantly clear was that team had a much higher ceiling than this one. Flawed as they might have been you felt they had a shot if they got into the playoffs.

Well that team wasn't working so they had nothing to lose by rolling the dice. Like Koby put it, it was "a slow death march". And it wasn't blind, it was systematic. I still strongly believe in the talent in this team. They just need to stave off the mental jitters and step up. Kevin love included.

Only Bronsexual sheep like you still think LeNomad is anything close to an elite defender. He has always been overrated as a one on one defender
Only a fraud like you will think someone who can guard prime D Rose isn't an elite defender. Someone who in this 15th year I've seen hold Blake Griffin to 0% shooting in the fourth. Guarded Schroeder, Kemba and Jokic to name a few, all with great success in the fourth. I'm not even going to go into his defensive accolades. It seems everytime you lot speak you say something so foolish and I ought to stop being surprised by it and yet somehow I can't.

Rubbish. The image just highlights the duplicitous and double standards of you Bronsexuals. Win. Lose or Draw LeNomad gets all the credit.
Isn't that the case with all superstars?

Who has buried the Cavs? I'm game whenever you are. If you speak Paypalian then let's go! I don't know about this series but you guys are not coming out the East

If you're not burying the Cavs then what are you doing going about whining like a little b itch all over the thread trying to dice the Cavs and LeBron apart. I said double down and put your money where your mouth is instead of running your pie hole, posting purified garbage trying to pass it off as "analysis". If you're not ready to bet on the Pacers series then shut your friggin pie hole you impotent clown.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
A40:
It's difficult to tell. The Pacers are not winning on the back of their relative youth. What I can say was perhaps underestimated was how well these Pacers match up with the Cavs. They won the regular season contests comfortably.

The main thing ailing the Cavs is their lack of secondary scoring options. With the vets they had guys that could pick up the slack when LeNomad sits. Wade would not shy away from the moment and neither would IT. In a game the Cavs are chasing do you expect Larry Nance or Rodney Hood to pick up the slack?

You and I know LeNomad would not stick around to find out if he can win with these guys..

I would like to see LBJ on the west coast for a change, hopefully not Rockets. Durant's legacy will always be tarnished for that punk move. LBJ needs to know that if he wants to be classed at the MJ/Kobe level, he cant go to a team as good as Rockets. But I have a feeling he will gut it out in cleveland. He is already an old man, playing past his time. Look at Wade, Melo...those guys have maybe 1,2 seasons left?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
I wun even lie, I am enjoying teams I never thought I would enjoy this playoffs grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
birdman:
I wun even lie, I am enjoying teams I never thought I would enjoy this playoffs grin
Honestly. Only the warriors and pelicans series isn’t interesting right now.

I’m impressed this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Donlittle:
Honestly. Only the warriors and pelicans series isn’t interesting right now.

I’m impressed this year.

And what happens when two uninteresting teams meet little man?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:

And what happens when two uninteresting teams meet little man?

You don come again.
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
Donlittle:

You don come again.

What little man? That was a genuine question.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:

What little man, that was a genuine question.
carry your wahala and go big man
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
Donlittle:
carry your wahala and go big man

Okay, little man. Just a matter of a few weeks until I'm permanently gone anyway.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
A40:

I think Sixers would be his best landing spot. That team should be a problem for 5 years at least.

Bron and Simmons play the same position. What happens to Simmons/ Fultz is the problem with Bron moving to the Sixers in my opinion. While Simmons seems to have flourished as a point guard, he is not one. He was only moved to that position after Fultz went down. He played PF in LSU and I am wondering how the Sixers would manage this debacle. If they choose to continue with Simmons guarding from the point, especially to accomodate Bron what happens to Fultz? A trade i can imagine.

Furthermore, Simmons, Embiid and Bron demand the ball to the successfull on the court. I don't see Embiid or Simmons backing down for Bron as they already believe they are better than everyone else in the east.
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
birdman:

I would like to see LBJ on the west coast for a change, hopefully not Rockets. Durant's legacy will always be tarnished for that punk move. LBJ needs to know that if he wants to be classed at the MJ/Kobe level, he cant go to a team as good as Rockets. But I have a feeling he will gut it out in cleveland. He is already an old man, playing past his time. Look at Wade, Melo...those guys have maybe 1,2 seasons left?

Lol! Man, Kobe isn't even a top five all time player. Please don't put him in the same bracket as LeBron or even Jeffrey. Thanks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
birdman:

I dey tell you. The East have been difficult to call. In the west, I have enjoyed watching the Pelicans. Also, the Utah/ OKC seeries is a tough match up. It has been a better post-season than last year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:

Okay, little man. Just a matter of a few weeks until I'm permanently gone anyway.

Date and time, please?

Let's send you off like Kobe...

Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
Decale:

Date and time, please?

June, 18th, 2018. 5:00AM (GMT +1).
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
Brett Brown's philosophy has remained the same in this series. "make cuts and get off screens for the jumper and if the chase you, run and make fasterr cuts". It has been all about the pace for the Sixers and everytime Miami matches the pace, they win.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
Roland17:

I dey tell you. The East have been difficult to call. In the west, I have enjoyed watching the Pelicans. Also, the Utah/ OKC seeries is a tough match up. It has been a better post-season than last year.
As much as OKC is my team..dis Jazz matchup is very interesting...

Loving this Pelicans team too...Rondo,Mirotic and Holiday dey bust my head..For Davies,its a normal thing..so am not surprised...

Enjoying your series with the bucks too tho the bucks surprised me yesterday..I will never stop giving credit to Brad..He is my coach of the year....
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
This has been a tough series with both teams trying to match the physicality.

Hey, you don't want to mess with Johnson, he has a black belt in martial arts. If you notice, he had Simmons in a grip for for close to one minute and no one was able to get Simmons off his grip.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Very physical game.

Johnson should have been T’ed for kneeing Saric in the groins.

Embiid is a force on the defensive end but he has struggled through the double teams and seems off the pace a bit. Dragic has picked his pocket couple times now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
Decale:

Date and time, please?

Lmao we sending him off like paul pierce.

You think you kobe huh? you ain't kobe grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
Simmons screen on Wade

Jesu

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.