Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626596 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:

Well that team wasn't working so they had nothing to lose by rolling the dice. Like Koby put it, it was "a slow death march". And it wasn't blind, it was systematic. I still strongly believe in the talent in this team. They just need to stave off the mental jitters and step up. Kevin love included.
Thus far neither has this team. What tangible change can we say this team has achieved? It still sucks on D and is stagnant on almost every other metric. The talent is there but the turnaround time is rather short

ZylerBarkridge:

Only a fraud like you will think someone who can guard prime D Rose isn't an elite defender. Someone who in this 15th year I've seen hold Blake Griffin to 0% shooting in the fourth. Guarded Schroeder, Kemba and Jokic to name a few, all with great success in the fourth. I'm not even going to go into his defensive accolades. It seems everytime you lot speak you say something so foolish and I ought to stop being surprised by it and yet somehow I can't.

You're a proper eediot! Jimmy Butler shut down LeNomad a few years ago and did an even better job yet I don't see anyone calling him Gary Payton.

Bogdanovic is holding LeNomad to 24% shooting when guarding him but I trust a country dumb mofo like you to bring up isolated events to support your phoolish statements.

LeNomad is an overrated defender. You can choke on a diseased phallus for all I care

ZylerBarkridge:

If you're not burying the Cavs then what are you doing going about whining like a little b itch all over the thread trying to dice the Cavs and LeBron apart. I said double down and put your money where your mouth is instead of running your pie hole, posting purified garbage trying to pass it off as "analysis". If you're not ready to bet on the Pacers series then shut your friggin pie hole you impotent clown.
STFU you troglodyte! We can't troll the enemy after a couple of losses or WTF is wrong with this sensitive dickface? If you can't stomach it then come back after the series is done and stop the bloodclart crying

A beta like you is not fit to dictate terms to me. The Cavs are not getting out of the East. That is my condition. If you're too much of a poosie to bite on that then go phuck yourself you unrepentant son of Sodom

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
Too darn careless with the ball and Embiid is still having a bad game on the offensive end.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
Donlittle:
Lmao we sending him off like paul pierce.

You think you kobe huh? you ain't kobe grin

No. Abeg oooo. Let's give him a Kobe send off

Before we do him like Tim Duncan and he'll be stubborn like Vince Carter...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
In some way, Dragic reminds me of S. Nash.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
How many points off turnovers now? You can’t win a playoff game with these number of TOs when you are not shooting the 3ball well.

They better start calling plays for JJreddick in this game as he seems to be the only one who will hit anything. Saric and Embiid are off and Simmons cannot shoot to save his life.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
Embiid having one of those games. But boy does he make his presence felt on the defensive end of things.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
Kobe out here directing movies, and the third largest investor in body armor i heard

Honestly taught the men will spend his retirement savings and not really do anything else after basketball
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
By the end of this series, the winner would be spent and banged up. These guys are playing their heart out in this series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Donlittle:
Kobe out here directing movies, and the third largest investor in body armor i heard

He is also winning Oscars.
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
A40:

Thus far neither has this team. What tangible change can we say this team has achieved? It still sucks on D and is stagnant on almost every other metric. The talent is there but the turnaround time is rather short
\
Then stop trying to make it sound as if they made things worse.

You're a proper eediot! Jimmy Butler shut down LeNomad a few years ago and did an even better job yet I don't see anyone calling him Gary Payton.
Jimmy butler is an excellent defender mo ron. Go and ask the most unguardable player in the league how he is faring against him. And dont bring payton into this you shameless slimy weasel. You foolishly claimed lebron was never a good defender.

Bogdanovic is holding LeNomad to 24% shooting when guarding him but I trust a country dumb mofo like you to bring up isolated events to support your phoolish statements.
Only a certified dumbass will call using 5 examples with five stars an isolated event.

LeNomad is an overrated defender. You can choke on a diseased phallus for all I care
Thats your opinion but i have facts, do you? like they say, opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one.

STFU you troglodyte! We can't troll the enemy after a couple of losses or WTF is wrong with this sensitive dickface? If you can't stomach it then come back after the series is done and stop the bloodclart crying
FOH you shameless scoundrel! That wasnt trolling, you were trying to pass that poppycock off as "analysis" LOL! I'm not the one crying here, you're the one putting up the cavs issue on your shaved triangular shaped head not me.

A beta like you is not fit to dictate terms to me. The Cavs are not getting out of the East. That is my condition. If you're too much of a poosie to bite on that then go phuck yourself you unrepentant son of Sodom
LOL, you were assessing the cavs, including their trades based on this series like it defines them. You're running your pie hole like you have diarrhea of the mouth all about how bad the cavs are. If you believe what you are saying then put your money where your mouth is you moist pussy. Otherwise, suck your mum you roly poly goblin.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
This game is more entertaining than most action films. Dangggg

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
Roland17:
By the end of this series, the winner would be spent and banged up. These guys are playing their heart out in this series.

That's the series for me

Luckily, they'll play Celtics Bucks angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Embiid showing you can change things without scoring buckets.

That last block gave Simmons the leverage to tie the game.

Veteran DWade mode is needed now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
Decale:

That's the series for me

Luckily, they'll play Celtics Bucks angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Roland17:
In some way, Dragic reminds me of S. Nash.

Actually I think it is prime Ginobili.
He is very similar even very similar moves.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
This game ehn...

I need a 7 game series, Heat
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
Eruditor:

Actually I think it is prime Ginobili.
He is very similar even very similar moves.

The way he dribbles the ball under the rim in search of plays is what I meant. I do agree he shares some of Ginobili's traits.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
The heat are not doing enough to put Embiid in foul trouble.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
Loss of concentration on the switch there.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Simmons, you wänker

All we need right now is a Wayne Ellington 3...
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Roland17:

The way he dribbles the ball under the rim in search of plays is what I meant. I do agree he shares some of Ginobili's traits.

Yea. I concur.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
Embiid.

Philly’s poison and power.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
Back to back defensive break down for the heat.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
How can you think that play was Embiid? It had Reddick written all over it.

Disappointed in Miami for not seeing that.

4point game with few seconds to go.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
I thought Reddick’s shot was a 3, no?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
Wade doing what the heat should have done from the start. Force the referee to make a decision when you force a drive.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
It's like everybody wants to round up and rest...
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
Just saw an interesting stat. LeBron led his team in points assists and rebounds for the 60 the time in the playoffs today. Thats almost thrice as much as second place Duncan/Bird (21). LeBron James has finished 4 times in top ten DRTNG in the league (your favourite bald player only finished twice). 5x First team all defensive. 2× DPOY runner up. The defining moment of his career was a chase down block.

Yet a rotund alcoholic who has probably never been on a basketball court who probably can't run up a flight of stairs without catching a breath will come and tell you he's an overrated defender because he didn't get back on one play in a game today. Or because he's conserving his energy on defense because of the load he has to carry in his fifteenth year. LOL.

Imagine having a stagnant offense and you doing all the work to create a shot, kick back to one of your best shooters and he refuses to take the shot but instead turns the ball over, who wouldn't be disillusioned?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Here is my problem with Lillard: He thinks he is influencing a game by bombing long range 3s. It may look okay when it works but most times it is just senseless.

Dribble this ball and bend the NOP defence so your other guys can get a rhythm. They will help you later because it will force NOP to change their defensive scheme which will give you space to bomb your 3s and drive to the rim.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Rondo get eyes for the back of him head.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
Rondo just makes the game look easy and effortless.
Re: The NBA Begins by ZylerBarkridge(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
The only person I didn't want gone in the February trade was D Wade if only for his wily veteran intuition in tight moments. Plus he would have been useful creating and making shots today when the Cavs went cold. I hoped some of Kobe's mamba mentality rubbed off on Clarkson but unfortunately that has not been the case so far. He seems to have all the makings of a really good two way NBA player but it rarely translates on the court, at least not consistently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.