Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626621 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZylerBarkridge:
\
Then stop trying to make it sound as if they made things worse.
Ewu. Have they been better? It's not about how I try to make it sound! It's about what we are seeing play out on the court

ZylerBarkridge:

Jimmy butler is an excellent defender mo ron. Go and ask the most unguardable player in the league how he is faring against him. And dont bring payton into this you shameless slimy weasel. You foolishly claimed lebron was never a good defender.
I'm telling you what Butler did was more impressive and is got less hype so STFU. I know Butler is a good defender

Lebron is overrated as a one on one defender. He mostly thrives on help defense so shut your gob you epileptic donkey

ZylerBarkridge:

Only a certified dumbass will call using 5 examples with five stars an isolated event.

Shut up! All you did was throw around a bunch of names. Show us stats poof

ZylerBarkridge:

FOH you shameless scoundrel! That wasnt trolling, you were trying to pass that poppycock off as "analysis" LOL! I'm not the one crying here, you're the one putting up the cavs issue on your shaved triangular shaped head not me.

Loool the cretin is pained. Why are you bothered by my comments about the Cavs then? I will take shots at your Tuareg Herdsman and useless team anyway I deem fit you balding and obtuse egret. When you shade KD and the Warriors do I complain?

ZylerBarkridge:

LOL, you were assessing the cavs, including their trades based on this series like it defines them. You're running your pie hole like you have diarrhea of the mouth all about how bad the cavs are. If you believe what you are saying then put your money where your mouth is you moist pussy. Otherwise, suck your mum you roly poly goblin.
As if ret@rded Bronsexuals like yourself aren't running around the webspace tagging this team as the worst 'help' LeNomad has had since 2007. I broke down the malaise of the Cavs so far and you have not brought anything coherent so far to counter it.

I believe what I'm saying that's why I'm willing to bet on them not making the Finals this year. If you are too much of a mangina to take me up on that then phuck off my mentions you spastic inbred sodomite
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Roland17:

Bron and Simmons play the same position. What happens to Simmons/ Fultz is the problem with Bron moving to the Sixers in my opinion. While Simmons seems to have flourished as a point guard, he is not one. He was only moved to that position after Fultz went down. He played PF in LSU and I am wondering how the Sixers would manage this debacle. If they choose to continue with Simmons guarding from the point, especially to accomodate Bron what happens to Fultz? A trade i can imagine.

Furthermore, Simmons, Embiid and Bron demand the ball to the successfull on the court. I don't see Embiid or Simmons backing down for Bron as they already believe they are better than everyone else in the east.

I don't know that the Sixers can still play Fultz at PG after what Ben Simmons has shown this year. Unless he slides to SG (assuming JJ Redick) does not extend.

LeNomad would play at SF so its probably Saric who would suffer. I'd keep Fultz and use him from the bench.

I think they can make it work as they are willing passers of the ball. LeNomad can play off the ball if need be. They would be open to him coming I'm pretty sure of that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
birdman:

I would like to see LBJ on the west coast for a change, hopefully not Rockets. Durant's legacy will always be tarnished for that punk move. LBJ needs to know that if he wants to be classed at the MJ/Kobe level, he cant go to a team as good as Rockets. But I have a feeling he will gut it out in cleveland. He is already an old man, playing past his time. Look at Wade, Melo...those guys have maybe 1,2 seasons left?
LeNomad would not stay in Cleveland let's just get that one out the way. He wouldn't want to squander his Golden years in Cleveland when emerging teams like Houston. Philly Boston and to a lesser extent the Pelicans and Lakers are looking exciting and primed to challenge and topple a Golden State who might split when Klay and Draymond are due super max deals. One trick pony Melo never evolved his game. Wade is older but hasn't aged as badly as Melo.

I think LeNomad still has 3 elite years left. Maybe more. He takes care of his body well and genetics was kind on him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
Waiting for Dame Time likeeeeee Reekado Banks and Tiwa Savage
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:00am On Apr 22, 2018
I don't know if what Jrue Holiday is doing in this series is legal. How do you shut down the opposing team's two best players and still dominate on the other end!
Re: The NBA Begins by freaskie(m): 12:08am On Apr 22, 2018
A40:
Infact i cant wait again..about time
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:12am On Apr 22, 2018
The Warriors are going to need Steph against these Pelicans I'm seeing oh. Anthony Davis is just mental

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kcluv2men(m): 12:13am On Apr 22, 2018
A40:
You go wait tire lol
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:29am On Apr 22, 2018
CJ has been the only one keeping it close. Lillard has been abysmal! Good God whoever compared this dude to Steph should be flogged inside Sambisa Forest

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:34am On Apr 22, 2018
Lol Anthony Davis is the real unicorn.
Lillard really getting outplayed by Al Farouq Aminu in an elimination game. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:45am On Apr 22, 2018
Issa Schweep...
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:53am On Apr 22, 2018
All I’d tell Lillard is, take it in your stride. This only shows there is still more to improve on. Great players face adversity it is the reaction that matters. I know I trolled him a bit, but he is pure fire. Just use the first few days to chill in Cancun with your girl and the new boy. Then watch film after the vacation and go to work.

As for NOPs and AD, worrisome how fierce they were in the whole series. Shows the rankings can be misleading even though only one game split them from the 3rd placed Trailblazers.

GSW would have a definite problem containing AD so we might as well not bother too much about him. Make sure Jrue and Rondo have bad games. It is possible.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:01am On Apr 22, 2018
Quick question for everyone.

If you were the owner of the Portland Blazer, would you consider blowing up this team?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:06am On Apr 22, 2018
I didn't call a sweep but I did call a Pelicans win.

AD and Jrue = 88pts FFS

Credit to Alvin Gentry. He deserves serious credit for the job he did this year. After losing Boogie you wondered if this team was hexed and never going to make the playoffs. Now you can be pretty sure Boogie would extend and all ATBE this team should compete

As for the Blazers they need to take a long hard look at themselves. Do they want to continue in this purgatory and remain a poor man Memphis Grizzlies? Lillard has been shooting rubbish for the last 4-5 playoffs series. Maybe he needs to appreciate the fact that he's underrated and being overlooked a bit more else the criticism would have been unbearable based on how poor he's actually been in the playoffs

I'm looking at Spotrac and some of the deals I'm seeing. Who is Portland's GM again? He ought to be flogged! A Nurkic deal will put this team neck deep in luxury tax. My people! Teach your children how to play basketball oh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:11am On Apr 22, 2018
Roland17:

If you were the owner of the Portland Blazer, would you consider blowing up this team?
You have to. Everyone but Lillard and CJ is fair game. They have a few guys on terrible deals: Evan Turner for example. This present Blazers team can only plateau from here onwards unless they find a way to move the deadwood
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 22, 2018
Roland17:

yes.

Including the coach. Get picks for them.

Let Lillard know what you are are about to do. I heard he is too loyal. Let him choose his path.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:17am On Apr 22, 2018
In other news, Seth knocked up Doc’s daughter Callie.

Not like I care, but I seen pictures of her with PG, Kyrie, DeAndre Jordan and some Strictland dude on Google.

Seth can do...

Well what do I know?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:26am On Apr 22, 2018
Houston cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:40am On Apr 22, 2018
Harden being as inefficient as ever without free throws. Imagine my surprise.

Used up all his core and leg strength chakra to blitz teams in the regular season. Playoff time and nobody is giving him cheap fouls again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:45am On Apr 22, 2018
This is what I expected from Minnesota.

A team with this caliber of players should not have offensive issues.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 22, 2018
grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:53am On Apr 22, 2018
Some of the calls Harden gets though.

angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2018
Awesome 3pt shooting from Minnesota.

Feels flukey though.

Hope it continues into game 4.

Iseeeeeeeee
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:03am On Apr 22, 2018
If I was Paul Allen, I am sitting down first with Lillard to determine which is more important to him, Basketball or Music. This is because you cannot give both equal attention. Moreso, while basketball is a sport and some form of entertainment, it is also a competitive business with serious financial implications and the owners are investing a lot to pay these players. If he chooses music, then a trade is inevitable.

On the court, Portland's backcourt played far too many ISO basketball as the ball failed to move. Lillard, CJ, and Turner took turns to dribble the ball without results and ended up attempting difficult shots or by the time they were done dancing their "one corner" they passed the ball with 5-7 seconds left. Lillard and CJ are too similar, one has to decide who the facilitator should be, I mean, get the other players involved when it matters. I know how many times I saw Nurkic post up in the paint waiting for a pass but Lillard or CJ was busy dancing "one corner" which forced the big man to commit a lot of useless fouls.

The Blazers may never get this lucky again in a long time to come. They came third in a very difficult conference and got swept by the number 6 seed. I don't like when coaches become too friendly with their players, it leads to hesitation and questionable tactics and that is what is also going on in Portland. The fans have to be frustrated with this showing and a blow up should be seriously considered.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:29am On Apr 22, 2018
Eruditor:
This is what I expected from Minnesota.

A team with this caliber of players should not have offensive issues.
Bruh!! Houston just played like they wanted to lose. Harden kept bricking open shots as well as turning it over pretty well.

But this Houston loss dent my pocket no be small cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:34am On Apr 22, 2018
Roland17:
If I was Paul Allen, I am sitting down first with Lillard to determine which is more important to him, Basketball or Music. This is because you cannot give both equal attention. Moreso, while basketball is a sport and some form of entertainment, it is also a competitive business with serious financial implications and the owners are investing a lot to pay these players. If he chooses music, then a trade is inevitable.

On the court, Portland's backcourt played far too many ISO basketball as the ball failed to move. Lillard, CJ, and Turner took turns to dribble the ball without results and ended up attempting difficult shots or by the time they were done dancing their "one corner" they passed the ball with 5-7 seconds left. Lillard and CJ are too similar, one has to decide who the facilitator should be, I mean, get the other players involved when it matters. I know how many times I saw Nurkic post up in the paint waiting for a pass but Lillard or CJ was busy dancing "one corner" which forced the big man to commit a lot of useless fouls.

The Blazers may never get this lucky again in a long time to come. They came third in a very difficult conference and got swept by the number 6 seed. I don't like when coaches become too friendly with their players, it leads to hesitation and questionable tactics and that is what is also going on in Portland. The fans have to be frustrated with this showing and a blow up should be seriously considered.

You're spot on with this. I don't think Lillard's music was a distraction. He just choked and the Pelicans were too much to handle. Either way, I doubt tanking would workout for them.. They should definitely get rid of those guys with big contract.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:47am On Apr 22, 2018
Roland17:

You are right in terms of CJ and Lillard being similar but coaching let them down. Terry is a good coach, but like you said, being too friendly with your stars can cause issues.

NOP trapped Lillard all series. Not just double teamed but trapped to prevent mobility. They did that from game 1 so I expected an adjustment but it never came. And instead of Lillard to become a facilitator, he got into his head and felt if he launched some dagger 3 or forced his way out they would change their strategy against him but it backfired.

It was clear NOP were going to continue with that method till Stott adjusted but like I said earlier he never did. He left it to his Allstar guard to figure it out and well...we know the rest.

Like Smoosh added, I don’t think his music is a distraction. I think they need him and CJ. Every other person is expendable. They need cheap scorers on their bench. For the contract ET is getting he should be a force. I know he had some injury but he has not earned his money in my eyes.

I guess everything seems clearer in hindsight which is what is happening now. I never expected them to get swept by a Boogieless Pelican team. 22 ESPN analysts did not either.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:49am On Apr 22, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Bruh!! Houston just played like they wanted to lose. Harden kept bricking open shots as well as turning it over pretty well.

But this Houston loss dent my pocket no be small cry cry

If it makes you feel better I would have made he same bet because Timberwolves were annoying in both games especially the latter.

Rockets need to wake up. They are in over their heads. They actually think they are that good. They have been poor at least 2/3 games in the P/Os this season. I was not joking when I said against a better team they would have been down 3-0.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:57am On Apr 22, 2018
westbrook..get sense na... cry
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:52am On Apr 22, 2018
Gobert...simply unstoppable..DPOY,no doubt...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:35am On Apr 22, 2018
I took my time to watch this OKC game from A to Z.. The two 3 pointers that closed the game were from Ingles hitting two wide open threes because Westbrook went back to the paint and left him open not to mention his signature clutch turnovers.. Make I keep quiet..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:53am On Apr 22, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I took my time to watch this OKC game from A to Z.. The two 3 pointers that closed the game were from Ingles hitting two wide open threes because Westbrook went back to the paint and left him open not to mention his signature clutch turnovers.. Make I keep quiet..

Who remembers when I said lack of other stars was not a worthy excuse for Russell last season? Who remembers when Russell went 4/18 in the 4th Q against Rockets and people said it is because Oladipo and co did not show up?

I remember after scoring 44 against us I said Russell should show leadership. Leadership is about doing everything possible within your powers to make your team win. Leadership is more than scoring buckets or getting rebounds or assists. Leadership says if this is what we need to win I will do it. Not to excuse a player by saying nobody else has done it before so he should chase it.

The fact remains, when push comes to shove, a coach playing with a system will make Russell look mediocre. Nobody can say now that Quinn Synder has better players. But he has forced everyone to buy into his system and they are looking more like a team.

I noticed Russell playing shambolic D all game today but resisted posting until I saw yours. Russell would have taken D seriously if they counted defensive stops as a stat. Those are the type of things that get him going.

Supremely talented PG but IQ in PH values (more acidic than neutral or alkaline).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.