Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? (1280 Views)

What Pen1s Size Do Naija/Nairaland Ladies, You Prefer / Your Reaction If Sexology Is Being Introduced In Nigeria Universities / What Do naija Girls Offer In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by Princek12(m): 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2011
This topic was discussed yesterday during a Christmas party. Several Naija guys said that Naija girls have zero networking skills and are extremely unlikely to talk to a guy unless that guy was introduced to them by a friend. One guy said he met he approached his current girlfriend but she refused to give him her number. However, when the girlfriend's friend introduced him to her, she quickly gave him her number. This is insanity.

Several guys also said that you have to be a member of a clique before you have a shot at developing a friendship with a Naija girl, and that the same girl who rebuffs you if you independently meet her would date you if you were introduced to her through a friend.

Another guy said that he attended a networking function in Washington, DC, and to his dismay, Naija girls would not even network with him if he was not introduced to them by someone who knows the girls. This is appalling because a networking function is supposed to a place in which new people meet each other.

Are Naija girls this socially dysfunctional? If someone you like approaches you, or if a business prospect of the opposite sex approaches you in a networking function, why do you have to wait for your friend to validate that person before you get to meet them? If you go to a networking reception, why can't Naija girls independently meet new people without assistance? Is this a cultural thing? Can a Naija girl explain this incomprehensible act?
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by nuffindome(f): 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2011
The validation is always important because at least if anything goes wrong, you know who to report to, wink
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by Princek12(m): 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
nuffindome:

The validation is always important because at least if anything goes wrong, you know who to report to, wink

from what you are saying, if there is no validation you will not meet any new guy. Na waa ooooo.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by Metalgoong(m): 1:52am On Dec 27, 2011
@ OP

I disagree with you . . .  So long as you are a handsome dude like me who exudes lots of swagger grin grin, you can easily be friends with Nigerian girls without going through their friends.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by freecocoa(f): 5:01am On Dec 27, 2011
OP I guess what you are talking about only happens abroad,definitely NOT in the nigeria I live,duh!
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by Ranoscky(m): 5:37am On Dec 27, 2011
False tale.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2011
Ranoscky:

False tale.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by Kslib(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2011
Yeah op it happens in some cases,but definately not most.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by iice(f): 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
Huh?
If you say shy, reserved (whether true or pretentious) and hesitant. Yes.
But i don't think this is common.
And i'm the opposite. Would not date the ones my friends introduce me to.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by safarigirl(f): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
Depends on the kind of girl, most Nigerian girls are more open to extroverts, hence you don't have to be Ǟ friend to Ǟ friend to date Ǟ girl. Could be that you met her in Ǟ restaurant and struck up Ǟ good conversation, lots ☺₣ guys though tend to say some silly things, that's how you put em off.
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by bekay911(f): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
Well i dont talk to ppl if dey dnt to me cos am scared n shy of startin a conversatn.
It all boils down to d type n personalities u get involved wit or come across
Re: Do Naija Girls Meet Guys Without Being Introduced To The Guys By A Friend? by safarigirl(f): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2011
^^ same as me, if we have norhing in coMmon, i have nothing to discuss with you, simple

(1) (Reply)

In Love With An Heir.Is Love This Blind? / Is It Wrong To Tok Abt Sex Wif Ur Galfrnd? / What's Your Type?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.