Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. (59265 Views)

Zara John: "I Miss My Boko Haram Husband Who Impregnated Me" / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 5:07am On Dec 27, 2011
Written by Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba
Monday, 26 December 2011 20:26

My name is Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba. I am Igbo but live in USA now, but I visit Nigeria many times when I am healthy and have money for my transport. Also I try to visit many parts of Nigeria. In the last two years I have visited Borno, Enugu, Osun, Lagos, Imo, Kaduna, Plateau, Rivers, Cross River, Edo, FCT, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, States. This is probably more visits to more states than an average Nigeria makes in two years. I am also a
Christian. I went to school in Nigeria and in America. I want us to learn a lesson that is being taught at home in Nigeria, in what we call the Yoruba nation.

This lesson is being taught in USA, but why will I call on you to learn it from America when the same lesson is taught just a few miles from where you live. I know that if I ask that we learn from America it probably would be more attractive since we love America so much. So if it is sexier to learn from America please do so but you can get the same lesson by merely looking down across the Niger.

I do not know what the Yoruba population is but I can comfortably predict that it is in millions. I do not know how many of them are Christians but I do know it must be in millions. I do not know how many of them are Muslims, but I know that the number is also in the millions. They have Muslim Governors and Christian Governors. Legislators, LG chairmen, traders, thieves, professors and people engaged in every aspect of human endeavor. Our President indicated that the ratio could be 50/50.

We all live in this country and we know that the West has often been a “Wild West.” They often do not agree on the time of the day. But their disagreement has never been over whose God is better. They have always left the Muslim to worship their Allah and the Christians to worship their Christ. Neither has tried to cleanse their nation of the other group. The reason they have never tried is probably because of the balance of power, but they also instinctively know that even if one is the minority no people have ever cleansed their nation of any religion. Germans tried to wipe out Judaism and after killing millions of Jews, they failed. Judaism is as strong now in Germany as it was in 1939.

You cannot wipe out Christianity from Northern Nigeria. Let us learn from the Yoruba. Today in Yoruba you have the practice of each religion in most homes among brothers, sisters, cousins and friends. That is the way it should be. If we learn just this one lesson we will be happy.

There is another reason why trying to wipe out a religion should not be attempted. There is really no one religion. There is no Muslim religion: we have Shiites, Sunnis and may sub sets in each of these groups. There is no one Christian religion. We have Catholics and Protestants and many sub groups within each. The divisions within is just as troubling as the divisions without. For an example see what is happening in Iraq or what was happening in UK in Northern Ireland.

When you drop a bomb in Niger in a Christian Church the dead include a good percentage of Northern Hausa, Fulani, Tiv, and yes, Igbo. Christian teaching has been accepted by all. So you are in effect killing your own. How much sense does it make to cut off your nose to spite your face? And for you Christian, who is thinking of a revenge attack on a mosque, the same lesson is there for you to learn. If you drop a bomb in a mosque you might kill a Dokumbo Asari the leader of MEND. He would not be a Hausa but your Ijaw brother. I know that there are Igbo, Efik, and Uhrobo Muslims now.

Nigeria is becoming a tossed salad. We are becoming too blended that what happens to one affects the other.

We have a way to make our voices heard without taking the lives of our innocent brethren. If you want to establish a Sharia rule, the place to take that fight is to Abuja and the state houses of assembly. You try to ELECT members that share this point of view. It will not do any good by killing Joseph Okonkwo who has no vote in the assembly. That is what politics is about. You must seek political solution. You might get it by getting the support of Okorie Uwechue who would want a Christian state in Enugu. So, at Abuja those who want a Christian State would get what they want while you get what you want. If, of course, you want a Nigerian state that is completely Muslim, you will have to learn from the German experience. After 5 years of hot war against a mere 1% of the population Judaism survived.

You may not be able to cleanse Christians from Nigeria. You will not cleanse then from Northern Nigeria and you would not be able to wipe them off Bornu or Yobe, of Sokoto. You will also not be able to get rid of them in Maiduguri city.

It is just that had.

Religion is in the heart.

The Yoruba have been teaching this lesson. Let us listen to them. That might be their only contribution to Nigeria.

Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba
Boston, Massachusetts
December 26, 2011

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9244:to-my-boko-haram-and-northern-brothers-let-us-learn-from-the-yoruba&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92

1 Like

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by dayokanu(m): 5:22am On Dec 27, 2011
Yorubas are much more advanced than most ethnic groups in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nchara: 5:33am On Dec 27, 2011
This is about those whose zones are divided in religion. Igbo zone is not, so there is nothing to learn from the Igbos here. And yes, the Yoruba muslims are more advanced than the northern muslims. That has never been in doubt. We only hope it remains so, as sharia gradually moves SW.

The Igbo zone is 99% Christianity and we love it so. However, we have hundreds of thousands of northern/yoruba muslims living in our midst and we have not taken revenge on any despite the daily killings of our people up North. More than 50% of those killed in the North so far are Igbos.

1 Like

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Relax101(m): 5:41am On Dec 27, 2011
The writer na mumu o. The Northerner wey no dey allow other people lead prayer for mosque na im go con learn from other people on how to behave?
Ko si wahala
Everyday na jaiye jaiye.
E no bad.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Oba234: 5:46am On Dec 27, 2011
lol, Yoruba Muslims aren't really taking serious by nobody in general. Yoruba Muslims aren't hardcore Muslims.  I know Yoruba Muslims that will even go to church with you, Marry Christians and some of them don't care what religion their children takes. You can't really compare Yoruba Muslims to northern Muslims. Northerners Muslims are hardcore. You won't see them step foot in a church or marry Christians. I think it boils down to the fact that Yoruba people have an identity outside of their various religion. This is why Yoruba get along with other Yoruba despite religion differences. We have a common basis, we are all Yoruba. I don't think you can separate Fulani or Hausa from Islam. I even heard somebody say one day to a Hausa christian that he can't be Christian and Hausa. If he is Christian, then he is not Hausa. lmao, so this are the kinda people you expect to mimic Yoruba?

5 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by joyceok: 5:51am On Dec 27, 2011
dayokanu:

Yorubas are much more advanced than most ethnic groups in Nigeria

it should have been "Yorubas are much more advanced in TRIBALISM than most ethnic groups in Nigeria"

3 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 5:52am On Dec 27, 2011
Nchara:

This is about those whose zones are divided in religion. Igbo zone is not, so there is nothing to learn from the Igbos here. And yes, the Yoruba muslims are more advanced than the northern muslims. That has never been in doubt. We only hope it remains so, as sharia gradually moves SW.

The Igbo zone is 99% Christianity and we love it so. However, we have hundreds of thousands of northern/yoruba muslims living in our midst and we have not taken revenge on any despite the daily killings of our people up North. More than 50% of those killed in the North so far are Igbos.

You are basically indirectly affirming what the article is asserting. It means your societal, communal and religious maturity is yet to be tested and you have never responded to the same scenario simply because you don''t have the same diverse and complex mix.

Wait till you are confronted with the same 50/50 scenario and let the world see your level of maturity and communal sophistication before beating your chest over what you are yet to be confronted with.

Your own case is even worse, you don't have religion or any tribal issues dividing and troubling you, no outside interference, but you you still managed to slaughter and kidnap yourselves for money and petty greed, even your own school kids are fair game, it's called communal cannibalism, a great societal disorder.

You can cry about the North killing your people, but you yourselves have zero respect for your lives and your own community.

6 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nchara: 5:53am On Dec 27, 2011
Oba234:

lol, Yoruba Muslims aren't really taking serious by nobody in general. Yoruba Muslims aren't hardcore Muslims.  I know Yoruba Muslims that will even go to church with you, Marry Christians and some of them don't care what religion their children takes. You can't really compare Yoruba Muslims to northern Muslims. Northerners Muslims are hardcore. You won't see them step foot in a church or marry Christians. I think it boils down to the fact that Yoruba people have an identity outside of their various religion. This is why Yoruba get along with other Yoruba despite religion differences. We have a common basis, we are all Yoruba. I don't think you can separate Fulani or Hausa from Islam. I even heard somebody say one day to a Hausa christian that he can't be Christian and Hausa. If he is Christian, then he is not Hausa. lmao, so this are the kinda people you expect to mimic Yoruba?

Yes I forgot that SALIENT point that Yoruba muslims are inconsequential muslims in Nigeria. They have no choice than to be good boys lol.
The other day Aregbesola was dining with Adeboye. Fake muslims, really. I understand Tinubu's wife is christian. Any surprises why the northern muslims don't take them seriously?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 5:56am On Dec 27, 2011
Nchara:

Yes I forgot that SALIENT point that Yoruba muslims are inconsequential muslims in Nigeria. They have no choice than to be good boys lol.
The other day Aregbesola was dining with Adeboye. Fake muslims, really. I understand Tinubu's wife is christian. Any surprises why the northern muslims don't take them seriously?

For the ignorant and uninformed, it's called religious tolerance.

9 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nchara: 5:56am On Dec 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

You are basically indirectly affirming what the article is asserting. It means your societal, communal and religious maturity is yet to be tested and you have never responded to the same scenario simply because you don''t have the same diverse and complex mix.

Wait till you are confronted with the same 50/50 scenario and let the world see your level of maturity and communal sophistication before beating your chest over what you are yet to be confronted with.

Your own case is even worse, you don't have religion or any tribal issues dividing and troubling you, no outside interference, but you you still managed to slaughter and kidnap yourselves for money and petty greed, even your own school kids are fair game, it's called communal cannibalism, a great societal disorder.

You can cry about the North killing your people, but you yourselves have zero respect for your lives and your own community.

You chose your part: to be mixed religion. I respect you for that
We chose ours: to be mainly of one religion. Do you have a problem with that?
Despite that, we have uncountable muslims in our midst. We have not decimated them like your brothers do to christians up north.
What value do you have for your lives? Are you not hacking yourselves down everyday just for who runs the motor parks? You are shameless.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nchara: 5:57am On Dec 27, 2011
I was in Kano in 1999/2000 during the Sagamu riots and I saw Yoruba muslims being hacked to death by northern muslims even after identifying themselves to be muslims. Fake religion, fake people.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 6:05am On Dec 27, 2011
Nchara:

Despite that, we have uncountable muslims in our midst. We have not decimated them like your brothers do to christians up north.
What value do you have for your lives? Are you not hacking yourselves down everyday just for who runs the motor parks? You are shameless.

Like I said, you are yet to be confronted with the same 50/50 scenario stop pumping your chest about the insignificant number of Muslims within your borders.

Olodo, who me one story of some motor park folks attacking each other and I'll show you ten stories about you killing yourselves for money. kidnapping yourselves for money, kidnapping your own kids for money, kidnapping your own elders and traditional rulers for money.

This is a cottage industry in your community. Motor park folks fighting is not a cottage industry or related to greed and slaughtering for money talk less kidnapping little kids for ransom.

And you are doing all this without religion, without outside interference, this is straight ibo on ibo atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 6:07am On Dec 27, 2011
Nchara:

Making up silly stories because you can not stand on your own point is really absurd, it's a sign of intellectual weakness.

2 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nchara: 6:14am On Dec 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Making up silly stories because you can not stand on your own point is really absurd, it's a sign of intellectual weakness.

You are quite pathetic. So much empty-headedness. How many people have not been killed in the SW for:

1. Motor park leadership tussle
2. Local politics beginning from the wetie wetie days till today

3. How many banks closed in the SW in recent times due to hire-wired robberies and associated killings?

Keep living a fake life.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2011
That writer really doesn't know what he's talking about,the yoruba muslims are just too fake for the northern muslims and will not be taken seriously by them.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 6:17am On Dec 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

And what makes you think the story is made up? Like that didn't happen,believe it or not.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by dayokanu(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2011
Learn from the Yorubas and stop the insanity of r@ping old women, gang r@ping young girls in ABSU, Cannibalism of Clifford ORJI, Rituals of Vincent Duru aka Otokoto

Especially learn to be tolerant of different religions and views like Yorubas do.

Let Christians marry Moslems, Let moslems enter churches, eat together, drink together play together etc.

Be advanced in thinking like Yorubas

4 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by joeyfire(m): 6:41am On Dec 27, 2011
The difference between the north and the yorubaland is simple - yorubas are educated\exposed to the world while most northerners are not they are simply waiting to be led like sheep by some perverted paedophile of an imam or emir. To those saying that yorubas are not serious muslims, think again.

3 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by NegroNtns(m): 6:45am On Dec 27, 2011
Yoruba is a model of GOD worship for both Islam and Christianity in Nigeria because of Ifa.  The father of Christianity and Islam, Abraham himself practiced Ifa.  So our consciousness is already soaked and attuned to GOD-consciousness.  

We inter-marry amongst ourselves because we dont believe in caste system like you in iboland.  We dont have osu slaves that are forbidden to marry free blood.  We dont have that nonsense!  The author should have included that as well as another lesson ibo should learn from Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 6:46am On Dec 27, 2011
Somebody is talking as if yoruba people have the balls to stand up to anything,bunch of lily livered noise makers,the only thing the ofenmanus are advanced in is FEAR and COWARDICE nothing else.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by NegroNtns(m): 6:48am On Dec 27, 2011
cocoa, take that grievance to your brother that authored the article. He seems to disagree with you.

1 Like

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 27, 2011
freecocoa:

That writer really doesn't know what he's talking about,the yoruba muslims are just too fake for the northern muslims and will not be taken seriously by them.

Are you Allah? Did he inform you Yoruba muslims are fake? If Allah is truly a God of peace, then Yoruba muslims should be be very close to what he would accept in my opinion! How can you say you are serving a God of peace and then randomly slaughter your neighbours? Is that what real islam about?

3 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by dayokanu(m): 6:52am On Dec 27, 2011
freecocoa:

Somebody is talking as if yoruba people have the balls to stand up to anything,bunch of lily livered noise makers,the only thing the ofenmanus are advanced in is FEAR and COWARDICE nothing else.
^^ Are you indirectly insulting Ojuku the legendary coward who ran way to Abidjan in the heat of war?

He is the most cowardly black man to ever live.

How can a father scale the fence and run leaving his household at the mercy of invaders

Ojuku is a shame to all carriers of Y-chromosomes. No wonder his brother even helps him to nyansh his wife

He cant fight, he cant handle a woman of his age he had to molest teenage Biancar, Despite that he couldnt even nyansh the Biancar properly his brother, GEJ and son were taking turns on his wife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 6:53am On Dec 27, 2011
Did you read the title of the thread?he's referring to your aboki masters,what can an igbo man possibly learn from you people? Oh please don't even go there.
Negro_Ntns:

cocoa, take that grievance to your brother that authored the article.  He seems to disagree with you.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2011
freecocoa:

What a moro.n! I guess you will regard Yorubas as brave people if they regularly slaughter your people like they do up North.

4 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by NegroNtns(m): 6:58am On Dec 27, 2011
cocoa, start by eradicating osu caste.  that will be a good start. . . learn from Yoruba why a non-prejudiced marriage is good for building social inter-relations.  After that come and lean islam and re-learn christianity from us.

1 Like

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 6:59am On Dec 27, 2011
Aigbofa:

Are you Allah? Did he inform you Yoruba muslims are fake? If Allah is truly a God of peace, then Yoruba muslims should be be very close to what he would accept in my opinion! How can you say you are serving a God of peace and then randomly slaughter your neighbours? Is that what real islam about?
allah ke,is that like the name of a toy or what? Please o,I'm not in anyway a part of any useless thing called allah,I just gave an opinion of what I observed,if you understand how a core northern muslim perceives islam then you'd know what I'm talking about,btw please never relate me with or to that evil name again abeg.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 27, 2011
freecocoa:

allah ke,is that like the name of a toy or what? Please o,I'm not in anyway a part of any useless thing called allah,I just gave an opinion of what I observed,if you understand how a core northern muslim perceives islam then you'd know what I'm talking about,btw please never relate me with or to that evil name again abeg.

What is your own perception? Must you regularly butcher your neighbours to prove you are a better servant of Allah? I have no problem with anyone claiming to be more devoted, but when devotion turns to mass murder, that is a serious problem.

2 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

cocoa, start by eradicating osu caste.  that will be a good start. . . learn from Yoruba why a non-prejudiced marriage is good for building social inter-relations.  After that come and lean islam and re-learn christianity from us.
Oh please like you people don't have your own traditions? Learn islam,I laugh in boko haram,re-learn christianity,we would teach you christianity my friend cos we stand firm in it unlike you who don't know where to stand,ya'll are just pathetic.

Aigbofa:

What a moro.n! I guess you will regard Yorubas as brave people if they regularly slaughter your people like they do up North.
Hahaha,did you say slaughter?please its too early to start with jokes,slaughter a chicken first before coming to talk about slaughtering a human being. Hediot.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2011
freecocoa:

Hahaha,did you say slaughter?please its too early to start with jokes,slaughter a chicken first before coming to talk about slaughtering a human being. Hediot.

Seriously, it doesn't take too much to find out if Yorubas can indeed kill a chicken or not. If you are serious about finding out, I can tell you exactly what you can do and please make sure the chickens are available.
I hope one day you will get what you are praying for. stup.id ibo monkey.

2 Likes

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by dayokanu(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2011
Werent Igbos the chickens Adekunle practised with

1 Like

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2011
Aigbofa:

What is your own perception? Must you regularly butcher your neighbours to prove you are a better servant of Allah? I have no problem with anyone claiming to be more devoted, but when devotion turns to mass murder, that is a serious problem.
Is it that you can't read and comprehend english language in the morning or what? Who cares about islam or allah?definitely not cocoa,I'm saying that the northerners have a different view with the yorubas on islam and you are asking my perception,well if you wanna know how I perceive islam as a whole, I'll tell you, I SEE IT AS EVIL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / Dino Melaye Under GEJ Vs Under PMB (Pictures) / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.