Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. - Politics (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. (59264 Views)

Zara John: "I Miss My Boko Haram Husband Who Impregnated Me" / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Idowuogbo(f): 12:15am On Dec 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

Oh, I'm not saying she's the only one.  But it was out of character and the whole thing was bizzare.  I have no more to say, but. . . PEACE.  Happy New Year. cool smiley

Okay.  smiley lipsrsealed
Bizzare it was Happy New year caramel donut  kiss

freecocoa:

Wahala dey o, paddy o to na,haba,you are taking it too far,I've explained to you wetin happen na,don't tell me you are gonna hold on to it,if seun hire me you suppose know say this thread go pass 100 pages,(na joke o) on a more serious note,please let it go,na your cocolario dey talk abeg
Happy New Year in advance cocoalario, ur post just confirmed I was clear cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by londoner: 12:19am On Dec 29, 2011
Are Yoruba muslims ready to take up an ACTIVE role as peace bringers in this emerging religious crisis in Nigeria?

That is the challenge they should be rising up to,
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 12:22am On Dec 29, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Bizzare it was Happy New year caramel donut  kiss
Happy New Year in advance cocoalario, your post just confirmed I was clear cool
Merry new mass I mean happy new years in advancement to you paddy me. Dobale for you. cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by isalegan2: 12:31am On Dec 29, 2011
alj_harem:

Finally page 45!!!

Isale gan as always very articulate  wink

freecocoa, na wa o Ike nwanyi cool

Hello, Alhaji, my love!  Or, is it "my bro"? I can't keep it straight anymore. cheesy  I don't see you much.  Happy New Year if I don't see ya for another long while.  *waves*

What really upset me was the pictures of the little kids posted by someone who must have gotten way too agitated.  Dude (you now who you are), you better be hot like your username. lol.  BTW, If you were banned, it wasn't me.  I simply wanted you to edit the pics out of your post, just as I requested.  I didn't even report it.  I did see that the post was subsequently deleted by moderators.  And I then edited my post to you.

I wanted Freechocolate banned though.  Yup!  To teach her a lesson.  hahahahaha.    grin

And to the person wanting to reason conference with Dayokanu. . .Lots of Luck!  shocked tongue

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

The way I see it, tolerance is part of ones culture, way of life and upbringing, I just don't know if it's possible to teach it especially to folks with other influences beyond religion like BH.

I think on this note, we should let it slide. One either knows it or not. I don't think tolerance can be taught either, but one must always be prepared to enforce it though.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by aljharem3: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

Hello, Alhaji, my love!  Or, is it "my bro"? I can't keep it straight anymore. cheesy  I don't see you much.  Happy New Year if I don't see ya for another long while.  *waves*

What really upset me was the pictures of the little kids posted by someone who must have gotten way too agitated.  Dude (you now who you are), you better be hot like your username. lol.  BTW, If you were banned, it wasn't me.  I simply wanted you to edit the pics out of your post, just as I requested.  I didn't even report it.  I did see that the post was subsequently deleted by moderators.  And I then edited my post to you.

I wanted Freechocolate banned though.  Yup!  To teach her a lesson.  hahahahaha.    grin

And to the person wanting to reason conference with Dayokanu. . .Lots of Luck!  shocked tongue

I have been around, just been laughing at the rubbish been displayed here. grin grin grin

thanks for ur complements and have a nice belated Christmas and a lovely new year wink
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by isalegan2: 12:59am On Dec 29, 2011
alj_harem:

I have been around, just been laughing at the rubbish been displayed here.  grin grin grin

thanks for your complements and have a nice belated Christmas and a lovely new year wink

Okay. So, is there something you wanna tell me?  It's just you and me now.  cheesy I am beside myself thinking you're someone (another poster) I know!  So you enjoy keeping us all in suspense?  sad
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by NegroNtns(m): 1:54am On Dec 29, 2011
Are Yoruba muslims ready to take up an ACTIVE role as peace bringers in this emerging religious crisis in Nigeria?

That is the challenge they should be rising up to,

watsup with this new culture. . . this jingo of Yoruba Muslim, Yoruba Christian? a Yoruba is Yoruba, period! In a political environment, such as we currently experiencing in the country with Boko, we respond politically under the YORUBA umbrella.

To focus on your intent, no, Yoruba should not mediate peace. We have done that severally in the past and it has not led the nation anywhere. Get a conference together to re-negotiate the sovereignty. That will calm everyone down.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Tsiya(m): 2:04am On Dec 29, 2011
this thread reeks of religious and tribal bigotry.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nadanbata: 2:13am On Dec 29, 2011
One Nigeria. cool cool

You see why there is no such thing as Southern Nigeria??
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by aribisala0(m): 2:16am On Dec 29, 2011
What foreign religions do is they wipe the mentality of their followers thus creating a BLANK SLATE on which they create fanatics.
The Yoruba worldview is rather different .
We have absorbed and will absorb any new faith into our worldview while remaining Yoruba.
That is why even when cut off  from the motherland by time and pond  Yorubas in the diaspora retained their connection to Orunmila rather than follow strange gods that condemned Africans.
I am not aware of any group that did the same.

Orunmila tells us that

an egg falls and reveals
to those with sight
many secrets
and to the benighted
a sickly mess

Man,Imperfect man
with all his blemishes
can still find harmony
with nature and hisself.

So, rituals and dances may change but Ifa does NOT change

Whether christianity(Fireman) or Islam(Boko Haram) or even something more outlandish if that is still possible. Yoruba shall outlive them all
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by NegroNtns(m): 3:15am On Dec 29, 2011
Word!! grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by LordNaya: 3:32am On Dec 29, 2011
@ Freecocoa iwu ezigbo adamma, omalicha, ada ne chere nwanneya. Oga diri gi mma, ndewo. I suggest to the Eze Ndi Igbo NL Igwe Onlytruth to honour our adamma with an e-title or at least commend her. Look u owe no one any apology becos u did the right thing and if similar situation present itself again dont hesitate 2 act. Would u sit and watch ur parents, family,pipo nd even u being attacked and insulted without doing anything? As de lioness that you are, i guess no. This thread is suppose to be a hausa/yarogba thing but they involved Igbos by there insults and low self esteem. I REPEAT IT AGAIN YOU DONT OWE ANYBODY OR THING ANY APOLOGY OR EXPLANATION. YOU DID WHAT IS RIGHT OK! Thanks once again. In conclusion, NO TRIBE IN THIS WORLD IS BETTER OR GREATER THAN GOD'S OWN IGBO TRIBE, AT WORST WE ARE EQUAL, BECAUSE OF GOD'S BLESSINGS, FAVOURS, WISDOM, GUIDIANCE AND PROTECTION TO NDI IGBO. TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOREVER! AMEN.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 3:33am On Dec 29, 2011
This is a must read. Click and read the whole Interview.

Wole Soyinka on Yoruba Religion

Soyinka: Yes, and for the very reason liberating! I am glad you brought up the issue of Islam, because that was also contributory to my entire attitude to imposed foreign religions. You know all this nonsense of religious intolerance which is eating into the country now - it didn’t exist in my youth! During the Ileya we celebrated with our Muslim friends, because they would send us meat from their ram; the Oba would go to the mosque, even if he was a Christian, and vice versa: during Christmas and Easter, our Muslim friends would come to the house.

There was always equality between the religions - acceptance. And that in turn made it impossible for me to see one as superior to the other. And of course, the more I learned about Yoruba religion the more I realized that that was just another interpretation of the world, another encapsulation of man’s conceiving of himself and his position in the universe; and that all these religions are just metaphors for the strategy of man coping with the vast unknown.

http://yoruba.org/Magazine/Summer97/File3.htm
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by lagcity(m): 3:34am On Dec 29, 2011
aribisala0:

What foreign religions do is they wipe the mentality of their followers thus creating a BLANK SLATE on which they create fanatics.

The Yoruba worldview is rather different .
We have absorbed and will absorb any new faith into our worldview while remaining Yoruba.
That is why even when cut off  from the motherland by time and pond  Yorubas in the diaspora retained their connection to Orunmila rather than follow strange gods that condemned Africans.
I am not aware of any group that did the same.

Orunmila tells us that

an egg falls and reveals

to those with sight
many secrets
and to the benighted
a sickly mess
Man,Imperfect man
with all his blemishes
can still find harmony
with nature and hisself.
So, rituals and dances may change but Ifa does NOT change

Whether christianity(Fireman) or Islam(Boko Haram) or even something more outlandish if that is still possible. Yoruba shall outlive them all
Ase O! Aribisala, I enjoyed the Ifa verses you dropped the other day. You are a very learned guy.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 3:37am On Dec 29, 2011
It's even interesting to know that BRF is a Muslim and his wife is a practicing Catholic.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by aribisala0(m): 4:11am On Dec 29, 2011
lagcity:

Ase O! Aribisala, I enjoyed the Ifa verses you dropped the other day. You are a very learned guy.  
thank you i appreciate your appreciation
olodumare a pon e le
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by TRUTHTELA: 5:16am On Dec 29, 2011
Where are all the EMPTY BARRELS? Are they tired of making noise? Thought the will get this to PAGE 99. Keep fooling yourselves.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by igboboy1(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2011
frecocoa and her cohorts that are rolling peace here biko do it on your own o, no dey put igbo boy for the matter( I call una when i dey write my own? so no call me when una dey do your own?)

Back to my ofe manu tinz
Eko Ile:

Every ibo tribal loser all of a sudden want to play dum.b. , I was stating facts that ibo people don't need any outside influence before getting killed over anything, they kill themselves via kidnapping.

Now, is this an insult or FACTS. YES OR NO?

The cheap slut that started this rubbish is still here doing the same thing and this clown ignored all that and still add my name to his foolishness.

Do yourself a favor and stick that rubbish where the sun don't shine.

What a dishonest scumbag.

olodowa descendant ranting like a LovePeddler, igbo dey kidnap Yes
small boy that thing u dey write inside NL go make your mama cry when we kidnap u and your sister, take una go east and have a feast, anuofia

too much oil is not good for an olodowa evidently, #agberopeople
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by kulumo: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2011
The writer just nailed it. It doesn't matter what you all think about him. If we all learn this, naija will be a better place. its takes only a fool to think a religion is more important than d sanctity of life God created. Its a lesson we all must learn.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2011
it takes an even greater f00l to believe Religion is divine, selfless and without fault - Politics is the Blood-sister to Religion. the sooner the f00ls called The Masses realize that, the better. Boko-Haram is on the rise because of the Political anomalies in the Nigerian system
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by sniperwolf(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2011
What is the lesson
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by SAOguns(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
freecocoa abi na free munmun u call yourself? let not pot call the kettle black, am sure if u get chance u will be deadly than Boko Haram. Nigeria needs to wipe the likes of u out of existence once and for all. Dindinrin amukun meko
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
^
cry undecided lipsrsealed
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2011
@S.A Oguns Sharap! Mugu angry

@Cocoa Nwanne Ada di ora nma ke- ije. cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by asoebi(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2011
Dat picture you are seeing is not actually portraying any thing meaningful cus those people u are seeing could be Hausa's, Igbos, Ihoboes(not sure am correct) or even Yoruba's.

So its high time you reason like adults and not elementary school pupils
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Bliss
Asanwa ano'm ofuma,ndia ka na ebe kwa akwa o. grin cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
^^lollz ara ga gba ndi ara.  Awka ne ebido. Owebe ife ha furu. nne idi kwa egwu o. O saw gi na cho nkugwu ndi neena? Agu; grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
^
Lol, oburo obele ife o,anyways mbosi ozo ha ga ne anya niru before ha kparia onwe ha. wink
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Idowuogbo(f): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2011
freecocoa:

^
Lol, oburo obele ife o,anyways mbosi ozo ha ga ne anya niru before ha kparia onwe ha. wink
Bliss4Lyfe:

^^lollz ara ga gba ndi ara.  Awka ne ebido. Owebe ife ha furu. nne idi kwa egwu o. O saw gi na cho nkugwu ndi neena? Agu; grin
Stop speaking vanacular my friend, dis is not village square tongue tongue cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
@ freecocoa lmao! Ha na muta ife obere, obere . O ma uter-lee, anyi ga na pia-fa ha wa-ere na muta ife. Umu ndi ara. Obulo obere ife ka nmadu na fu na eba.  grin 

@ Idowuogbo nice to see u too. How are u, by the way?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Stop speaking vanacular my friend, dis is not village square tongue tongue cool
Ah paddy me,Eka son o,bawo ni,shey aji da a da?eku gbadu o.

@Bliss nwanne'm obu ife mere eme ka ikwu ru,dalu soh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Sirika To Tinubu: President-elect Bola Tinubu, Write Your Acceptance Speech Now / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / Dino Melaye Under GEJ Vs Under PMB (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.