Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Interested In Co-moderating This Section? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Interested In Co-moderating This Section? (3715 Views)

Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? / Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section / Is This Section A Secular Muslim Forum Or An Islamic Muslim Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 8:16am On Jan 21, 2012
I believe that people know what they are doing when they post hateful threads. Such people should be dealt with accordingly with warnings and then bans.

I don't subscribe to the notion that non-Muslims should be prevented from posting here if they show decorum (which you have also agreed to in your clarification).

In addition, respectful debate is good- not for the debaters per se but for readers. Most users of Nairaland hardly/never comment here because some people have turned themselves into e-grouches or e-terrorists.

Most non-Muslims don't know anything about Islam except the lies they have been fed with by those they defer to. Hence, it is our duty as Muslims to show a greater degree of patience, wisdom and understanding with them: even with the known hateful and spiteful bigots amongst them.

A moderator is meant to guide the discourse- not control it.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2012
maclatunji:

I believe that people know what they are doing when they post hateful threads. Such people should be dealt with accordingly with warnings and then bans.

If a poster abuses me, it has absolutely no effect on me.
If he/she abuses Allah and/or His Messenger (PBUH), the post MUST be deleted AND the poster banned. No need for warning
There is no need for political correctness when such a matter is involved

maclatunji:

I don't subscribe to the notion that non-Muslims should be prevented from posting here if they show decorum  (which you have also agreed to in your clarification).

In addition, respectful debate is good- not for the debaters per se but for readers. Most users of Nairaland hardly/never comment here because some people have turned themselves into e-grouches or e-terrorists.

Most non-Muslims don't know anything about Islam except the lies they have been fed with by those they defer to. Hence, it is our duty as Muslims to show a greater degree of patience, wisdom and understanding with them: even with the known hateful and spiteful bigots amongst them.

This is the reason why we should concentrate on educating ourselves and also open threads to clarify misconceptions
Those silent readers would learn from these
I have said that muslims can post in other sections without provoking rancour
The "Ifys" of this world can post and I personally have learnt from it

maclatunji:

A moderator is meant to guide the discourse- not control it.

A moderator MUST  enforce rules, if it requires controlling discussion, so be it
If the rules are not acceptable, then we must change them
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
^Hmmmmm, , we aim to achieve the same things, although our methodology might be slightly different. I agree with deleting insultive posts about God, The Prophet (SAW) and anybody. As for immediate banning- I would not do so immediately. That wouldn't be because I am not angry but because I would rather catch someone by the arm rather than the wrist.

I was going to say you should be given the job (if you want it) but I can detect a strong undercurrent of eerm- what's the word? Impatience on your part and that may create problems.

Right about now, I am tired of going back and forth on this matter. I think Olawalebab or Ibrosaunks should be given a chance to do the job. They seem to have the time, reasonable ability and willingness to do the job without dropping the hammer a little bit too early. However, they will need to show some more steel against known haters.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^
Actually, I am not in the least interested in moderating!
People can insult or judge me as much as they want, I am nearly immune to that. It is like water off a duck's back
But I am VERY VERY  impatient with people who denigrate Allah and His messenger (PBUH)
The ayah in Suratul Anfal is instructive on this matter

I have seen insults on Islam on NL and having drawn the attention of the posters to them, they only increased their abuse
What should I do in that regard, coax them into repenting?
And they know I cannot retaliate by insulting leaders of their religion
BTW I actually feel that part of the problem we have in the larger society is that we allow people to bend the rules until things get out of hand
If we feel the rules are too harsh, we should change them
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by chakula: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
@maclatunji

It looks that your question has been answered however I do not personally like to be seeing what non-believers are posting here Ify should be the greatest pally here and in her process of understanding the Islam she opened a thread and her journey today will leads her to where she is today Alhamdulillah! However dudes like davidylan and his cohorts they were here to mock on our belief since my connection with NL a year or beyond people like davidylan, toba and the rest used to spend their time here attacking Islam but unfortunately there is no development on their mission nor shall a single individual switch to Christianity.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
chakula:

@maclatunji

It looks that your question has been answered however I do not personally like to be seeing what non-believers are posting here Ify should be the greatest pally here and in her process of understanding the Islam she opened a thread and her journey today will leads her to where she is today Alhamdulillah! However dudes like davidylan and his cohorts they were here to mock on our belief since my connection with NL a year or beyond people like davidylan, toba and the rest used to spend their time here attacking Islam but unfortunately there is no development on their mission nor shall a single individual switch to Christianity.

Just a taste of what your muslim brethren put us thru DAILY. Do you see us bleating and running off to the mods every 2 secs? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844091.0.html
Hypocrites.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
davidylan:

Just a taste of what your muslim brethren put us thru DAILY. Do you see us bleating and running off to the mods every 2 secs? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844091.0.html
Hypocrites.

grin

but its not me.what is found in the bible i presented.afterall your brothers post worse and nonsense and even fabricated and forged materials and lies too.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2012
i agree with everything said by betathings.
If david is so concerned about having the other section for christians only, like i advised him earlier, he can make his own 'threats' too- whatever that means or he could simply beg Seun for a christians board. It is as simple as that.

Some morals David may never learn in his religion are in Islam. We Muslims shld b careful not to be provoked into accumulating sins by insulting other religions. Two wrongs dont ever make a right.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by tbaba1234: 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
Has any decision being made here?

It's time we cleaned up this section,
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by IbroSaunks(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
does this mean no one wants to co-moderate this board?
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
Is it possible for anyone who has the email add or phone no of the OP to remind her of this thread so that she can
1) fulfill her promise to educate prospective moderators of the rules, duties and powers, and
2) read the comments and select a moderator
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2012
I believe the super mod is monitoring the trend of things, maybe she is only bidding her time, but the earlier the better.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^
Salaam
I believe not!
mukina2:

Even forgot about this thread  embarassed
aight will do.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2012
she would be here soon InshaAllah.

But, apart from maclatunji, no one showed interest. Am bothered though that he said he is busy. I wouldnt want us needing another co mod. Any other person who knows they might ba able to do it should say so abeg.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by mukina2: 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2012
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

i am sorry please forgive me.

we are working on it, and you'll have an active co-mod very soon
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2012
deols:

she would be here soon InshaAllah.

But, apart from maclatunji, no one showed interest. Am bothered though that he said he is busy. I wouldnt want us needing another co mod. Any other person who knows they might ba able to do it should say so abeg.

madam,is ur husband frosbel? grin

because you opposed me doesn't mean i didnt show interest.but anyways,it doesn't bother me.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
LagosShia:

madam,is ur husband frosbel? grin

because you opposed me doesn't mean i didnt show interest.but anyways,it doesn't bother me.

sorrry o. i totally forgot u showed inerest. Calling frosbel my husband is the greatest insult i ever received on this forum.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2012
deols:

sorrry o. i totally forgot u showed inerest. Calling frosbel my husband is the greatest insult i ever received on this forum.

Sorry, if you feel offended by LagosShia. However, in his defence he did put a question mark at the back which makes it a question. Hence, we cannot truly say he called Frosbel your husband.

*Runs away to another section before Deols fires him to smithereens with her energy blasts*
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2012
^^^
Question mark or not, it is haram for our ladies to marry anyone who is not a muslim
That is the surest route to apostasy which is the greatest evil that can befall a muslim
Of course, it might be argued that the lady might bring the man into the fold of Islam
But that would be unrealistic since everyday as soon as some people wake up the first they think of is how to tarnish the image of Islam and ridicule Allah and His Prophet (PBUH)
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2012
deols:

I wldnt want LagosShia as d mod considering the controversies surrounding his posts. I think maclatunji would do really well. but, he claims to be busy.I go for IbroSaunks or Olawalebabs 
These people did not object
One of them should make the assignment an act of sadaqa
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2012
BetaThings:

^^^
Question mark or not, it is haram for our ladies to marry anyone who is not a muslim
That is the surest route to apostasy which is the greatest evil that can befall a muslim
Of course, it might be argued that the lady might bring the man into the fold of Islam
But that would be unrealistic since everyday as soon as some people wake up the first they think of is how to tarnish the image of Islam and ridicule Allah and His Prophet (PBUH)

mr.WahhabiThings,stop speaking grammar.i didnt say her husband is "frosbel".the question is just a simple joke.

and Maclatunji,thanks for defending me grin
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 5:49am On Feb 02, 2012
hmmmn. okay. twas a joke but an expensive one.

oya, smile everyone and shake hands too cheesy cheesy
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 6:22am On Feb 02, 2012
^But I want to frown tongue
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
LagosShia:

mr.WahhabiThings,stop speaking grammar.i didnt say her husband is "frosbel".the question is just a simple joke.

and Maclatunji,thanks for defending me grin
Name calling. Typical! Now you are now in your element and having a marvellous time
A leopard never changes its spot
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2012
BetaThings:

Name calling. Typical! Now you are now in your element and having a marvellous time
A leopard never changes its spot

didn't wahhabism also teach you that a leopard changing its spot is bid'ah? grin grin grin
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2012
LagosShia:

didn't wahhabism also teach you that a leopard changing its spot is bid'ah?  grin grin grin
Leave wahabbism - you don't believe in it - so what it says does not matter
And Shayk Abdul Wahhabb knew that the deen is not for leopard
But to be true to your aqeeda, you should embrace every bid'ah possible
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
BetaThings:

Leave wahabbism - you don't believe in it - so what it says does not matter
And Shayk Abdul Wahhabb knew that the deen is not for leopard
But to be true to your aqeeda, you should embrace every bid'ah possible

i dont really make sense from the above.i dont understand what you are saying.

and as for the man you have made your sheikh,abdul-wahhab,do you know who he really was and how his own kin viewed him?
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 4:46am On Feb 04, 2012
Lagosshia and Betathing, gently pls
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2012
^^now is when we really need a moderator!!

Many upset minds these days
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
LagosShia:

i dont really make sense from the above.i dont understand what you are saying.

and as for the man you have made your sheikh,abdul-wahhab,do you know who he really was and how his own kin viewed him?
I know who not to go to when I want to learn about Sunni Shuyuk
You can tell us who your Imam kailani, Sistani etc are
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
olawalebab:

Lagosshia and Betathing, gently pls
Salaam brother
Please read the thread. I cautioned him against linking, either jokingly or otherwise, a sister in marriage with one of the most abusive christians, somebody who insults the Prophet (PBUH) with relish
His response is his typical name calling. I can go back and quote his abusive words
A lover of peace will address the issue. And we all know that there is no excuse for his joke, we don't joke about issues of marriage
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^ i've been following the trend of things, even if i did not comment. My concerns is not to make the argument go beyond control. *smiles*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramadan Jokes! / Social Media Addiction And Impact On Dawa'h / Youths’ Corruption And Their Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.