Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo (5894 Views)

Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos) / We Didn't Bomb Madalla Church - Boko Haram / Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

The point is, we've been attacked.

Nigerians were attacked !
Akanbi_edu:

We can not overrule the possibility of Igbos been the target in this case. Everybody knows who goes to catholic church. So, those saying Igbos are not targetted should hesitate a bit before concluding.

The fact is that particular axis of Niger state is fast becoming a suitable launch pad for boko attacks and the catholic church seems to be a prime target operating within the territory of boko killers.Do boko harams actually care about who gets hit even when it happened at dawn ?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Akanbiedu(m): 6:32am On Dec 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Nigerians were attacked !
The fact is that particular axis of Niger state is fast becoming a suitable launch pad for boko attacks and the catholic church seems to be a prime target operating within the territory of boko killers.Do boko harams actually care about who gets hit even when it happened at dawn ?

Their operations seems like they don't care who gets hit but this particular attack on catholic church, I am not very sure. The possibility that Igbo is specifically targetted is high.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 30, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Their operations seems like they don't care who gets hit but this particular attack on catholic church, I am not very sure. The possibility that Igbo is specifically targetted is high.

Is catholic church an ibo church ?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Is catholic church an[b] ibo church ?[/b]

No. It is not. However, like Akanbi-edu indicates, it is highly likely that the attack has a strong ethnic motivation. Otherwise, other churches would have been bombed too. In  any case, many of their targets in the past have been Igbos; even Igbo traders whose religious affiliations were not written on their heads or in their shops.

Would it surprise you that if they had bombed RCCG (just as an e.g. of a [b]so-called [/b]Yoruba church) (so called because I do not believe a church belongs to an ethnic group) outside Yorubaland, most of the victims would still be Igbo? After all, although RCCG is managed from Yorubaland, 50% of Yorubas are automatically ruled out, being muslims. The rest 50% is shared by 100s of other churches that Yorubas are adherents of. That leaves Igbos as the majority christians, even of the RCCG hue. In almost every small town in Igboland you will find RCCG, Winners, etc.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by kettykin: 7:02am On Dec 30, 2011
the attackers must have done a reconnaissance before striking the church, they struck a church filled with igbos.
Igbos have been attacked. I understand the 1966 progroms started like this, that time they had an excuse .
But from the response of yorubas in this forum , i will advice igbos never to strike back yet , these die hard backstabbers still have betrayal running in their blood.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 30, 2011
Nchara:

No. It is not. However, like Akanbi edu says, it is[b] highly likely[/b] that the attack has a strong ethnic motivation. Otherwise, other churches would have been bombed too. In  any case, many of their targets in the past have been Igbos; even Igbo traders whose religious affiliations were not written on their heads or in their shops.

Would it surprise you that if they had bombed RCCG (just as an e.g., of a Yoruba church) outside Yorubaland, most of the victims would still be Igbo? After all, although RCCG is managed from Yorubaland, 50% of Yorubas are automatically ruled out, being muslims. The rest 50% are shared by 100s of other churches that Yorubas are adherents of. That leaves Igbos as the majority christians, even of the RCCG hue. In almost every small town in Igboland you will find RCCG, Winners, etc.

It's based on probability and a mischief to possible cause more incitement.
Does boko haram cares who gets hit if they attack a church ?
Does boko haram knows that 98% of that catholic church are ibos ?
Does bomb discriminates against ibos when denotating ?
Is there any other popular church around the area that boko haram would have attacked either ?
Why are other attacks on the same day not targeted at catholic churches if truly ibos were targeted ?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2011
kettykin:

the attackers must have done a reconnaissance before striking the church, they struck a church filled with igbos.
Igbos have been attacked. I understand the 1966 progroms started like this, that time they had an excuse .
But from the response of yorubas in this forum , i will advice igbos never to strike back yet , these die hard backstabbers still have betrayal running in their blood.

How did yorubas betray ibos ? Was there anytime in the past yorubas supported secession and larer back out ?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 7:07am On Dec 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

It's based on probability and a mischief to possible cause more incitement.
Does boko haram cares who gets hit if they attack a church ?
Does boko haram knows that 98% of that catholic church are ibos ?
Does bomb discriminates against ibos when denotating ?
Is there any other popular church around the area that boko haram would have attacked either ?
Why are other attacks on the same day not targeted at catholic churches if truly ibos were targeted ?

And how do you know that Boko Haram does not know most catholics in Nigeria are Igbos? Are they not Nigerians?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 30, 2011
Nchara:

And how do you know that Boko Haram does not know most catholics in Nigeria are Igbos? Are they not Nigerians?

And you concluded every Nigerians knows that a large percentage of nigerian catholics are ibos including the much taunted boko harams that are regarded as highly illiterate ?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by kettykin: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2011
if igbos reveng this attack it will lead to a bigger war between the hausa/fulani and igbos . The war will be fought on all fronts and will lead towards the break up of nigeria, we are all aware of those who will join a bokoharam led government as vice president and commissioner of finance to to fight tunde bakare did just that with a fanatic buhari and bokoharam sympathiser
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 7:16am On Dec 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

And you concluded every Nigerians knows that a large percentage of nigerian catholics are ibos including the much taunted boko harams that are regarded as highly illiterate ?

Highly illiterate in what? Illiterate in knowing Igbos are the most catholics in Nigeria, but not highly illiterate in making bombs and selectively killing people with them, right?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by emmke(m): 7:17am On Dec 30, 2011
dayokanu:

I remember previous thread when they report Boko Haram bombs somewhere in Borno and Yobe, Some people would actually rejoice since they felt it was Hausas they were killing, They forgot that Human beings are the victims whether Hausa, Ibo, Kanuri or Berom

And these people who died were living in a country that has a President, yet the President has told them to endure the more bombings.

These ppl killed surely deserve better in their own country that has a President, but when those saddled with protecting them choose to speak in rhetoric

How long has Retardeen told us he knows the sponsors of Boko yet he cant mention them just because he values his own sponsors than the innocent Nigerian who went to church on Xmas day??

well said. I wish a certain wilywily will read this. Dude thought that attacks such as this will only result in the deaths of christian northerners which he was all for. I knew it was only a matter of time before a news such as this showed up. Btw, The 98% figure is an exaggeration. The Maths is wrong.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Obiagu1(m): 7:20am On Dec 30, 2011
emmke:

well said. I wish a certain wilywily will read this. Dude thought that attacks such as this will only result in the deaths of christian northerners which he was all for. I knew it was only a matter of time before a news such as this showed up. Btw, The 98% figure is an exaggeration. The Maths is wrong.

Wilywily is not Igbo.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by VoodooDoll(m): 7:27am On Dec 30, 2011
It is not only Igbos that go to catholic church, it is statements that have such sentiments are what dehumanises Nigerians.

My condolences to the families of the bereaved, may they be consoled and may justice be meted out to the perpetrators .
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2011
Nchara:

Highly illiterate in what? Illiterate in knowing Igbos are the most catholics in Nigeria, but not highly illiterate in making bombs and selectively killing people with them, right?

Some people just dont bother since it doesnt concern them.Boko harams sees catholic members and bombed them,i doubt they would attack them knowing they wee ibos even when the attack happened at dawn.besides it was a special xmas service,the door was opened to others who were not primary members of the church !
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2011
VoodooDoll:

It is not only Igbos that go to catholic church, it is statements that have such sentiments are what dehumanises Nigerians.

My condolences to the families of the bereaved, may they be consoled and may justice be meted out to the perpetrators .

Igbos are not the only catholics (nobody has said that here) but they are by far the main catholic church goers in Nigeria? Do you doubt that?
Common sense tells you that Igbos are the most christians in Nigeria, ruling out 70-80% (if not more) of northerners, and 50 or so % of the SWners who are muslims.

I digress from the topic of this thread.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2011
you people are amazing - must you do your best to turn every tragedy into an ibos vs the rest of the world?

is it not enough that nigerians died?

is it not enough that Christians died?

what is it with you lot that EVERYTHING must be about you?

Boko Haram has been on a bombing campaign since this time last year

i didn't see anyone bandying any 98% of the victims were hausas during the mammy market bombings

60% of the victims were birom during jos attacks

80% of the victims were fulani during the unbroken spate of bombings in maiduguri

you lot should grow up and come to terms with the fact that boko haram is about politics , nigeria religion, and certainly not about ibos. wtf?

my condolences go to all the victims, they are all nigerians and all victims of boko haram.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by musiwa43: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2011
Nchara  where are you getting yoruba statistics from. keep quiet,   stop given out false information.   do you agree that number of churches in lagos is nearly 2 time number of any other  religion centre in lagos. what does that tell you.  every street have at least 3 to 5 churches. even if person is a muslim. You , yorubas dont mix religion and politics. They dont vote for people because of their religion.

anambra state is 7 times bayelsa in population. jonathan and govt want the old system , igbo should follow me,  i can save you,   do you see justice or change for the last 2 years  since yar adua was no more in control. that want no tell una story.  where  una go end,

if una no follow me. them go kill una finished. If una follow government him go kill una finish.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by VoodooDoll(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2011
Onlytruth:

Una logic jump dey give me heartburns, chai!  shocked angry

So, all Nigerians you know that Catholics are Igbo, yet you don't think this attack is on Igbo people?
Na wa.  undecided

@Nchura

This poster and another made a statement that can misdirect casual observers. These false statements are what dehumanises Nigerians. Statements like: "All xyyy are this" or "all abc are that". These statements are usually factually incorrect and are often used to imply victim hood or to denigrate people.

I think it is absurd that when innocent lives are being mourned people choose to use such sensitive statements.

My condolences to the victims who lost their lives simply because they choose to believe in the ability of the Nigerian state to protect them. We all need to be more vigilant and watchful.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by CyberG: 7:55am On Dec 30, 2011
Let it be on record that I am EXTREMELY saddened to get this news. I was actually going to sleep when I read this and just had to comment. My sincere condolences for the departed and bereaved.

Nigerians. . .this is not a problem of any tribe, it is that of FAILURE of LEADERSHIP to protect the citizens. Your president said only that you should all be ready to endure this which is NOT fair. In a REAL country with leadership, this kind of thing cannot happen without repercussion and serious response of the State and security agencies. These people are bonafide citizens and pay their taxes to a government that has failed them. The task and conversation should be that of highlighting that Jonathon's government has failed woefully and should be removed immediately. Stop looking at tribalism. . .your answer lies with ineptitude, graft and failure of the State!
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Yeske2(m): 8:23am On Dec 30, 2011
I dont think it's right bringing in any ethnic colouration into this as other places had been thier target in the past; UN building, police stations, market places and the MFM church in Jos was also a target on that same day. Let's be more analytical with issues like this.
My heart goes to bereaved to be consoled and the souls of the dead victims RIP.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by CyberG: 8:38am On Dec 30, 2011
This is really disheartening! This is a grave criminal act and what is worst? The useless Nigerian government has not and will not do anything! A criminal who knows no one will catch him has no incentive to stop. . .not with all the prayers in the whole country will do anything! I wish this useless president was not voted in on narrow parochial and corrupt interests! How many more of this criminal acts are we going to endure before 2015?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by kettykin: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2011
Please make no mistakes about this , this is not a failure of leadership this is failure of a failed nation , this attacks happened during OBJ reign in form of Sharia riots .this is not about GEJ but about Nigeria. watch it the attacks started before independence.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by ektbear: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2011
I don't think there is an ethnic agenda here.

BH is a terrorist organization with connections to AQ and Somali terrorists.

It is unlikely that they care about targetting specifically Igbo organizations.

If it was instead an RCCG or an Anglican church blown up and 80%+ of the victims ended up being Yoruba, should this be viewed as anti-Yoruba or anti-Christianity?

My natural instinct would be the latter, not the former. . . this sort of terrorism is a new and foreign phenomenon in Nigeria, but not new in the world, at least. So it doesn't make sense to necessarily interpret it fully as a local fight, or super-impose your previous understanding on what is an entirely new situation.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by ektbear: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2011
I am less familiar with ethnic segregation at church in Nigeria than at least where I live.

In the current town I live in, there are at least four churches that I know of.

One of them, the population is 90%+ white. The other, 90%+ black. Another, 90%+ Chinese. The last, 90%+ Korean.

So if a terrorist had to chose one of these four to blow up, you'd get similar statistics as far as casualties go.

But this would not in any way suggest that the terrorist was anti-white, anti-black, etc, ESPECIALLY if we know that he is connected with an Islamic terrorist organization. The natural ethnic segregation is what would produce lopsided casualities in this scenario, not necessarily some bias by the terrorist.

I don't know if ethnic segregation in church also occurs in naija. . . haven't been to church in major cities there frequently enough.

However, if 1000 churches are bombed (well, 10 would be enough for us to start guessing) and they are mostly churches which Igbos go to, then clearly something is going on.

But as things stand, not enough evidence for this particular hypothesis.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2011
I think what's happening is that these boko sponsors (AKA: born to rule psychos) are getting frustrated that their bombings thus far have not brought about the level of mayhem, confusion and restiveness that they were hoping for, so they've ratcheted up the attacks a notch.

I believe there's a strong possibility that they targeted that Catholic Church b'cos they knew most of the casualties would be Igbo: they're hoping to elicit some kind of response that hopefully would serve as a catalyst leading to the country going up in flames. Their end-game is either to cause a coup, so they can take over by stealth via their boys in the army (and normal business that was rudely interrupted by OBJ and now Jonathan- can resume for them), or they hope to cause a quasi civil war to 'scatter' the country and make it ungovernable for that 'fisherman angry' who wants to try and put a stop to 'business as usual' for the clique. They're hoping the 'hot-headed' Igbos will not dissapoint them and take the bait.

The wickedness of people knows no bounds. All this wasting of lifes of (so called) fellow compatriots is b'cos you want to make a point abi? This is the 'ONE NIGERIA' they told us is best for us. Nice one.

May the gentle souls of my departed brothers and sisters rest in peace, Amen.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by babsjnr(m): 11:50am On Dec 30, 2011
bh think say christian be they suya now for up north. I don talk am b4 we christian 2 relax and calm. Bh no respect christian dey take us as joke, they don send us a very clear strong msg dat we are not welcome in they territory. But still some of us don't listen. My christian youth strong minded wise up let's fight bk. Any north muslim community people or mosque in our own territory as well let's send d msg back 2 them as well. My msg for d wise christian not weak and sit down dey look christian.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by EzeUche(m): 11:55am On Dec 30, 2011
Igbos whine too much for my liking.

Stop playing the victim and do something about it. We shame our ancestors by not doing anything.

Seems like Abians might have to take matters into our own hands and maybe those Onitsha boys, but these are the only places in Igboland that will see reprisals.

You have Igbos in Imo state who will only protest, a governor in Ebonyi who will only build a school for these Islamist and the Igbo elite in Enugu who will just sit around.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by DRANOEL(m): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2011
r.i.p to the victims,may God in his infinite mercies bless their souls!

must everything turn to an igbo thing? were all the other attacks also igbo motoivated? nonsense attention seekers
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Afam4eva(m): 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2011
DRANOEL:

r.i.p to the victims,may God in his infinite mercies bless their souls!

must everything turn to an igbo thing? were all the other attacks also igbo motoivated? nonsense attention seekers

It's very difficult to convince anyone that a massacre that involved the death of people who were mostly Igbos is not ethnically motivated.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by DRANOEL(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
if they are four churches in an area say a catholic church,ecwa,nkst,mfm and you decide to bomb one of them,these are the chances of your victims:
catholic church: igbos
ecwa church: southern kaduna/plateau
nkst: tiv
mfm: yoruba

so whats all the noise? its bad enough that a church was bombed and humans died
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by blacksta(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2011
afam4eva:

It's very difficult to convince anyone that a massacre that involved the death of people who were mostly Igbos is not ethnically motivated.

I suspect - you want to see it that way. As already mentioned if a redeem church was bombed , the occupants will be mostly Yoruba. It is just unfortunate that Nigeria is ruled by an inept few.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Ipob Releses Biafra Fundamental Principles And Policy / Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North / After Seeing The Renovated 3rd Mainland Bridge, I Can Only Call Fashola Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.