Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo (5891 Views)

Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos) / We Didn't Bomb Madalla Church - Boko Haram / Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2011
tpia@:

Some parts of edo are northern inclined.

They are nupoid and/or ebiroid.

I know some parts of edo state bear muslims names that you don't know they're southerners until they tell you.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2011
This attack on this Catholic church is CLEARLY an attack on Igbos. Simple.
The attackers may have a motive to provoke Igbos and create a huge backlash to achieve whatever they hope, but FACTS ARE FACTS.

I am VERY ANGRY that a church has become another graveyard for Igbos in Northern Nigeria.  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Everything else is irrelevant.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
dayokanu:

She is from Aghenebode but she lives with me in Texas,

A SAMUEL Ladoke Akintola was killed

A FESTUS Okotie Eboh was killed, Brigadier SAMUEL Ademulegun, Lt Col JY Pam were casualties

And now that Okoro, Obi and Chukwuma have been killed, it is not anti-Igbo killings, right? Logic Nigeriana.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by tpia5: 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
The nupoid parts were heavily inlfuenced by nupe during slave times.

The nupes used to raid the areas for slaves.

Then after the abolition, nupes introduced Islam into those areas.

The ebiroid influences stem from proximity no doubt. Could also be the slave trade.

In addition, some areas seem to have non-black admixture from unknown sources.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2011
tpia@:

The nupes used to raid the areas for slaves.

Then after the abolition, nupes introduced Islam into those areas.

The ebiroid influences stem from proximity no doubt. Could also be the slave trade.

In addition, some areas seem to have[b] non-black admixture from unknown sources.[/b]

Who are the non blacks admixture?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by tpia5: 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2011
Some parts around that side.

Dont know the specifics.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Nchara: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
tpia@:

Some parts around that side.

Dont know the specifics.

Some rumor, right? wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by tpia5: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
No.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by VoodooDoll(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2011
I suspect GEJ is now "sharing" power with the military. Let's watch and see.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by ektbear: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
tpia, if you can point me to a good reference on this Nupe/Edo connection, I'd appreciate it. I searched around on Jstor (a bit clumsily) but wasn't able to find anything. Even just the name of a significant figure would be enough (say a king or general), I can find the rest once I have that.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Relax101(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^^ PhysicMDH abi na PhysicsDHM should help you out with ease.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by tpia5: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ekt bear

you'd have to start by researching the slave trade in nigeria and even then the information isnt easy to access.

Going by the names of kings wont really work in this instance since edo isnt really a monarchical concept per se- you're getting it mixed up with benin.

I'll look for some links and let you know when i find some.

Some of the info is also found in books as well- especially the older ones.

Admittedly, its a bit hard knowing where to look or what to look for. Not everything is or was recorded.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by debosky(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
Onlytruth:

This attack on this Catholic church is CLEARLY an attack on Igbos. Simple.
The attackers may have a motive to provoke Igbos and create a huge backlash to achieve whatever they hope, but FACTS ARE FACTS.

The attack on the Mosque in Maiduguri is CLEARLY an attack on Fulanis. Simple.
The attackers have a motive to provoke Fulanis and create a huge backlash to achieve whatever they hope, but FACTS ARE FACTS.

Sad to see you place more emphasis on just your own tribe over the losses that have been happening to NIGERIANS for months now with every attack of Boko Haram.  undecided
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PhysicsQED(m): 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2011
R.I.P. to the victims.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PhysicsQED(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2011
tpia@:

And what are the Nupoid parts? Could you please name one "Nupoid" (linguistically, culturally) group from the northern part of Edo state. I know there are some people there of Nupe descent, but I"m not sure that there are really "Nupoid parts" of northern Edo state. I would have to read more on that area to find out for sure though.

They are actually in northern Edo state.

books.google.com/books?id=9jEjnbbI3xAC&pg=PA71

http://nigerianobservernews.com/12082011/features/features9.html

I think there is another group besides Etuno that is Ebiroid that was mentioned in R.E. Bradbury's 1957 book, but I can't recall the name right now.

In addition, some areas seem to have non-black admixture from unknown sources.

What areas?
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PhysicsQED(m): 12:11am On Dec 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

What is the story behind this? I've heard/read a bit of Nupe somehow influencing Edo area I suppose long ago, but don't know how exactly it happened.

The parts of R.E. Bradbury's 1957 book that refer to Etsako and Ivbiosakon history and traditions do mention the Nupe invasion, though not in great detail.

Here's a link with some references to written work by others on the Nupe invasions (under the part "Kukuruku Wars"wink

http://www.edo-nation.net/edoconf2.htm

You can follow up the references cited for specifics, of course. I think there are some errors in that article though.

Here's another article written by somebody from Edo north:

www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/zioseni/The">https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:kMC26g-lnxEJ:www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/zioseni/The%2520Islamisation%2520of%2520Auchi%2520Kingdom.doc+islamic+scholarship+nupe+edo&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh5jVYnuCIrRnfCOxJvWpOndjS4J5gJQtMLrjUqLsJWJQFGgf2aGptha1C35EyXZjWNDiib0HrVmhtS_rkZ-OL-kCOR5WbwmZW9USqOX8G7odtbyVgiimQ_Byk5ch_tEfiTpAZE&sig=AHIEtbQeAvFFK8Vz2bzRDMqzY6ECepyb_g
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PhysicsQED(m): 12:30am On Dec 31, 2011
tpia@:

Going by the names of kings wont really work in this instance since edo isnt really a monarchical concept per se- you're getting it mixed up with benin.

There were multiple independent non-Benin monarchies in what is now Edo state, except that Benin claimed or attempted to claim overlordship over all of them at later times when its military made this possible. The former Ekpoma kingdom among the Esan are a good example of this.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by tpia5: 3:53am On Dec 31, 2011
ekt bear

i suggest you talk to knowledgeable people around you- preferably your parents if you want info about nigeria. Even if they cant tell you much, the little they know is still something.

one's grandparents are a more reliable source but they're not always available.

combine oral sources of info with online ones and you might begin to have an inkling about the answers to your questions.

obviously there's something at stake here with the way people get very jittery at certain sources, not to mention the intentional misinformation commonly spread on nl.

i'm not willing to get into any long pointless arguments at the moment so just go with whatever's being peddled- its up to you who you associate with.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by ektbear: 3:54am On Dec 31, 2011
PhysicsQED:

The parts of R.E. Bradbury's 1957 book that refer to Etsako and Ivbiosakon history and traditions do mention the Nupe invasion, though not in great detail.

Here's a link with some references to written work by others on the Nupe invasions (under the part "Kukuruku Wars"wink

http://www.edo-nation.net/edoconf2.htm

You can follow up the references cited for specifics, of course. I think there are some errors in that article though.

Here's another article written by somebody from Edo north:

www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/zioseni/The">https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:kMC26g-lnxEJ:www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/zioseni/The%2520Islamisation%2520of%2520Auchi%2520Kingdom.doc+islamic+scholarship+nupe+edo&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh5jVYnuCIrRnfCOxJvWpOndjS4J5gJQtMLrjUqLsJWJQFGgf2aGptha1C35EyXZjWNDiib0HrVmhtS_rkZ-OL-kCOR5WbwmZW9USqOX8G7odtbyVgiimQ_Byk5ch_tEfiTpAZE&sig=AHIEtbQeAvFFK8Vz2bzRDMqzY6ECepyb_g

Nice, thanks. I'll take a look.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by ektbear: 3:57am On Dec 31, 2011
@tpia: This is something I'm fairly certain that my parents or grandparents would not know. None of them are historians, nor are we connected to Edo or Nupe in any meaningful way. But on stuff they would know, I ask them.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PhysicsQED(m): 4:24am On Dec 31, 2011
tpia@:

obviously there's something at stake here with the way people get very jittery at certain sources, not to mention the intentional misinformation commonly spread on nl.

i'm not willing to get into any long pointless arguments at the moment so just go with whatever's being peddled- its up to you who you associate with.

There's nothing at stake. I would actually like to know the answers to the questions I asked you and your sources or ideas - it would improve my knowledge base.

And this is an anonymous forum so I don't think there are any real associations here that have any significance.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by PhysicsQED(m): 4:31am On Dec 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

Nice, thanks. I'll take a look.

No problem. If you can find it, R.E. Bradbury's 1957 book gives a very thorough survey of all of the "Edoid" ethnic groups of the former Midwest - their traditions, methods of social organization, religious beliefs, etc. and it's highly detailed and informative. Bradbury's book is not available online unfortunately.

From all available written information, there is nowhere in Edo north that is "Nupoid", although there must definitely be some people of originally Nupe descent there. Edo north is thoroughly "Edoid" with a few exceptions.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by tpia5: 4:34am On Dec 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

@tpia: This is something I'm fairly certain that my parents or grandparents would not know. None of them are historians, nor are we connected to Edo or Nupe in any meaningful way. But on stuff they would know, I ask them.

you still shouldnt discount the little information they can give you.
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by Sarpino: 4:44am On Dec 31, 2011
Honestly, onlytruth is a foooool. If this was Boko Haram's first hit ever, the logic that Igbos are the target is plausible but it isn't. Many have died before yet these idiots did not cry foul.

Anyway, I am not surprised, this part of their inferiority complex. They have to build themselves up - We Igbos are so special, people are out to get us. The Other non igbo people who have been killed thus far by Boko Haram are victims of random killings but since we are Igbo are the most special people on earth, random killings are not worthy of the status as the specially made people we are, so we will call it a calculated move by our enemies who hate us because we are the best, the brightest and very very special to eliminate us.

Igbo Kwenu  grin
Re: List Of Madalla Blast Victims Released -98% Igbo by ektbear: 4:53am On Dec 31, 2011
PhysicsQED:

No problem. If you can find it, R.E. Bradbury's 1957 book gives a very thorough survey of all of the "Edoid" ethnic groups of the former Midwest - their traditions, methods of social organization, religious beliefs, etc. and it's highly detailed and informative. Bradbury's book is not available online unfortunately.

From all available written information, there is nowhere in Edo north that is "Nupoid", although there must definitely be some people of originally Nupe descent there. Edo north is thoroughly "Edoid" with a few exceptions.
Interesting enough, I actually own a copy of that book. But haven't yet read it.

tpia@:

you still shouldnt discount the little information they can give you.
Agreed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nigeria Lost The Opportunities Provided By The Civil War(photos) / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? / See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.