Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Continue The (Lola) Story - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Continue The (Lola) Story (44658 Views)

Lola Shoneyin Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences / Continue The Story (Umuata) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 3:06pm On May 26, 2012
With his heart in his mouth, Baba Lola ran the remaining distance to his home and got there just in time to see the emergency medical crew members lifting a stretcher with Lola on it, into the back of the awaiting ambulance. His wife, Lola's mother had come outside too and was wailing loudly trying to grab hold of the stretcher.

"My daughter ooohhh!!!" she wailed, with arms outstretched above her head. "Oluwa mi ooohh! You can't give and take like that now! Save my daughter, save my Lola!" she cried.

"Sir, how is my daughter? would she be all right?" Baba Lola asked the leader of the crew, whilst trying to remain composed amidst the din.

"Your daughter will live sir, but as you can see she needs urgent medical attention" the leader replied sympathetically. "Her vital signs seem to be okay, but we would know more for sure once we've undertaken some additional tests at the hospital".

"Eh! Eh!! Eh!!!" Iya Lola reiterated, adjusting her wrapper and stamping her bare feet on the floor. "Heavenly father you cannot take her o! All my enemies, make fire pursue all of una!" she continued, kneeling on the floor frenziedly rubbing her palms together as though in prayer. "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

"BE QUIET WOMAN!!" her husband barked in irritation "What's all this? Must you act like a market woman here?" he asked angrily. "How is any of that going to help Lola? Eh?"

Wiping off the tears from her face with the edge of her wrapper, but still mumbling and doing her silent agitated dance, Iya Lola managed to calm down a bit.

"Papa!" Sandra cried, running into the outstretched arms of her grandfather. "Where are those people taking my mummy to?" She asked.

" Don't worry, mummy would be fine" he answered, patting the child's head as she clutched tightly to him.

"Sir, we need a member of the family to accompany us to the hospital", the crew leader stated. "Would you come with us or would your wife?"

"I'll come with you." Baba Lola responded. "Iya Lola, take hold of the child whilst I follow them to the hospital. I'll call you when we get there." Then in a choked voice "Lola would be alright my dear", he said softly to his wife as he hugged her trembling body.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Amaka could feel feel butterflies in the pit of her stomach. Her heart was thumping so loudly she wondered if her husband could hear. It had been aeons since Uche last apologized to her for anything if at all.

She felt wonderfully transfixed as he held her soft palms in his warm hands, kissing the tips of her fingers like he used to do when they first met during their courtship. She could only gaze at him in wonder as he gently rubbed his hands over hers and apologized over and over again.

"My sweet Amy, my baby, I'm so sorry." He said while gazing lovingly into her eyes. "How did we ever get to this? How could things have gone so wrong between us baby?"

"It's okay my darling, none of that matters any more", Amaka responded. "And for what it's worth, I'm so sorry too. I've never meant to upset you my sweet darling. I love you so very much my Uche..."

Her words trailed off as Uche gently kissed her lips "And I love you more my Amy" he responded thickly, "So much more..." as he swept her off her feet, lifting his wife gently in his arms, and went up the stairs...
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Udee1(f): 8:07pm On May 26, 2012
************************Amuludun General Hospital**************Kingsley grabbed his car keys and left his office, locking the door after him. He thought about what he would do when he got home to his empty apartment, he sighed, being a medical doctor gave him little or no social life. He glanced at his watch it was 11:00pm, he'd been at work since 6:00am. He shook his head as he headed to the entrance of the hospital, he needed a life. He looked up sharply when he heard the approaching ambulance and rushed to help as it parked in front of the hospital. ''what's going on'' he asked one of the paramedics pulling out the stretcher ''a young woman unconscious after close contact with an explosion''. ''Please save my daughter!'' an elderly man said grabbing his arm, ''who are you sir?'' he asked the man, ''I am Mr olatunji and that is my daughter Omolola Olatunji'' he said pointing at the stretcher already being taken away. Kingsley's heart stopped when he heard her name, he rushed to the stretcher and looked at the woman lying on it. He stopped on his tracks, it was her, it was his Lola.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 2:23pm On May 30, 2012
It had been three years. Three painfully long years since he had last seen Lola, his beautiful Lola. Looking at her right now so tantalizingly close to him, he could feel the familiar emotions stirring deep within him. Emotions he thought were long dead and buried deep within the innermost recess of his being.

It all seemed so long ago now, flashbacks of his days as a final year student, swamped with exams upon exams to be taken. Him trying to keep one step ahead of his peers whilst laying the ground work and making arrangements to undertake his housemanship at the university's teaching hospital. Being an extremely focused person, he was determined to succeed at all endeavours he undertook. His tenancity to succeed was something his parents had noticed about him from a very young age. Always interested in books, studying things around him even as a baby, trying to skip the natural process of learning how to crawl before walking! Recalling his mother's stories about his childhood always brought a smile to his face. He had been the typical 'A' student, flying though primary and secondary school as one of the best achievers. It therefore came as no surprise to his friends and family when he announced that he wanted to study medicine and become "The Best Medical Doctor Ever".

He had naively mapped out exactly what, when, where and how his life was going to unfold. Being the perfectionist that he was, he had planned (or thought he had) how his life would be. But nothing could have ever prepared him for Lola coming into his life. Soft spoken, unbelievably kind and gentle, she always seemed to understand him even without him needing to voice his thoughts. He had had many girls in his life, afterall he was no novice in that department but Lola was something else. She, to him was a breath of fresh air, a welcome respite and an island of sanity in an unsane world of medical studies. Many a time when he needed a close confidant to pour his worries on, she was always there to stand by him. She was purity in its purest form something he discovered to his amazement that faithful evening. It had been raining all day, the torrential downpour typical of the rainy season. She had wanted to leave but he had insisted she wait till the rain subsided a bit. He recalled how although doubtful, she finally conceeded. It had been windy too and he had offered to sit by her wrapping his arm around her frail shoulders to keep her warm...

" Doctor, please would my daughter be okay? How bad is it?" Mr Olatunji's voice jolted him back to reality.

"We would have to perform some additional tests on her sir", he replied "after which we would be able to say for sure".

"Okay, but how long would that take? How soon can we find out?" her father pressed on

"Not to worry sir, it shouldn't take too long. Rest assured, we shall do our very best for your daughter. In the meantime, you would be required to fill out a couple of forms at the nurses' station, just to provide us with some background information on her medical history." Kingsley responded.

"Yes, yes, that would be done - not a problem", her father answered, as he followed Kingsley's lead to the nurses' station.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 2:27pm On May 30, 2012
^Just help me by removing a few errors there. I dey feel your flow sha. grin
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 2:29pm On May 30, 2012
^^ Wait na! I'm still working on 'em cheesy
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by AmakaG29(f): 3:02am On Jun 01, 2012
Yay! Loving the story guys...

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
Cheers Amaka. We aim to please cheesy tongue
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by lolaluv1(f): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
@ all the writers so far, I remain loyal! Nice!
Abeg, make una no too tey b4 continuation, una year?
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
^^ Why don't you join us girl?

I've read some of your stories - exceptional stuff you've got cheesy
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2012
***********************Lekki*************************************************
Amaka woke up the next morning with a feeling that she couldn't explain- she knew that whatever it was, it felt really good. Uche had not merely been intimate with her last night but had truly loved her and that is all she had ever wanted. For him to love and accept her as his without any inhibitions. She couldn't help but snuggle-up close to him although it was already 7am and she had to make breakfast, have her bath and prepare to resume at work by 8am. Uche was fast asleep snoring.

***********************Amuludun Community***********************************
The home of Chief Adedayo became a Mecca of sorts for sympathisers and well-wishers. Shade had been rushed to hospital the previous night but had died of third degree burns. Mrs. Adedayo who had been at a political meeting when the explosion happened was now at home and was wailing bitterly. Shade was her pride and joy, she had plans to hand over her business to her daughter and was already grooming her to be the 2nd wife of Amuludun Local Government Chairman, Hon. Talab Agbaekun aka "Heavy Duty".

All of those hopes and dreams for her only daughter were now dashed. Mama Lola despite her daughter's predicament was with Mrs. Adedayo that morning to console her. She and other women in the area could not help but shed tears as well, they felt the plight of a bereaved mother. "Awon Ota mi ti fi ina omo jo mi, yee mo daran" (My enemies have gotten to me through my child), Mrs. Adedayo wailed. O ti to, ama gba fun Olohun ni ti Oro bati di bayi (That is enough, we have to accept God's will in situations like this). Her younger sister, Dr. Kemi Komolafe, decided that because of her chronic hypertension, she should be sedated. Mrs. Adedayo was ushered into her room where Dr. Komolafe gave her the injection that would induce sleep.

This left little room for the sympathisers to tarry at the Adedayo's residence because Chief Adedayo was at the Amuludun hospital morgue to make the necessary payments for the preservation of his daughter's body before burial.

Mama Lola, greeted and thanked other well-wishers present before leaving the Adedayo's residence. She had left Sandra at home to watch cartoons on TV and knew that she had to prepare her granddaughter to go see her mother who still lay in hospital. She had wanted to go to the hospital to see Lola earlier that morning but the news of Shade's death made it awkward for her to head there without seeking to console Mrs. Adedayo. Besides, her husband had called to let her know that the doctors where not allowing anybody to see Lola at the moment. That was Mama Lola's way, she had a sense of pragmatism and propriety that made her stand out within the community.

Already at the Adedayo's residence, people had been enquiring about her daughter, Lola and she told them that she was in good hands at the hospital even if she hadn't confirmed it. She asked herself, "what can I do than to pray and hope for the best?"
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ah! Mac, Mac, Mac!

How could you now? You've taken the easy way out and killed off Shade. I was planning on re-uniting her with Lola and revealing that she had a thing going with Donatus (Uche's friend).

And you skipped a bit o! I mean the bedroom scene between Amaka and Uche now. Don't you think our readers would like to know the er...(cough)...er..bedmatics bit? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2012
Efemena_xy: Ah! Mac, Mac, Mac!

How could you now? You've taken the easy way out and killed off Shade. I was planning on re-uniting her with Lola and revealing that she had a thing going with Donatus (Uche's friend).

And you skipped a bit o! I mean the bedroom scene between Amaka and Uche now. Don't you think our readers would like to know the er...(cough)...er..bedmatics bit? tongue tongue tongue

Shade was killed a long time ago after her body "disintegrated", I can't even remember the person that wrote that. She was rendered useless by that line for me O.

As for the bedmatics, I imagined you deliberately left that out considering the fact that you stopped at Uche carrying Amaka to the room. Besides, you had a very long time to continue with the story, you didn't.

Then again, I don't think all of our readers should be exposed to "hot sex accounts". There are kids reading here too you know.

Continue the story jor and don't complain too much.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2012
maclatunji:

Shade was killed a long time ago after her body "disintegrated", I can't even remember the person that wrote that. She was rendered useless by that line for me O.

As for the bedmatics, I imagined you deliberately left that out considering the fact that you stopped at Uche carrying Amaka to the room. Besides, you had a very long time to continue with the story, you didn't.

Then again, I don't think all of our readers should be exposed to "hot sex accounts". There are kids reading here too you know.

Continue the story jor and don't complain too much.

grin grin grin grin grin

Ah, but I can't do all the work here now! Don't want to be accused of er...hogging the story tongue smiley
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
^Hug it if you will. It will encourage other people to join the story. None of us can finish this story alone. It has started expanding. In fact, I now understand why TV series have several writers.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
Looks like this thread is undergoing a natural death here...

No one seems interested in contributing.

Mac, oya write something here now angry
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
Not now, much later.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by wisemen045(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
Efemena_xy: Looks like this thread is undergoing a natural death here...

No one seems interested in contributing.

Mac, oya write something here now angry

Just stumbled on this thread again. What an interesting read. I love what you and Mac have done with the story line. Good work guys.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2012
^^ Oga, where've you been? cheesy grin

You dey talk like say you never contribute before!

Oya, bring out your writing materials and continue the story sharp-sharp tongue
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by monalicious(f): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
So Ʋ guys never ended this very interesting story?not fair.Efemena,Ʋ r really good,ur writing reminds me of Chimamanda Adichie,Ʋ write really well
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
I haven't forgotten it. I have been so busy and just had to leave it for now.

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Emmandus(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2012
Great works guys! Many stuffs on my mind for this month see you at my blog!
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Burch(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hope u guys have not forgotten this story, its been captivating so dont let it die a natural death and stop killing our characters.
Am not good at writing but would like to remind who ever takes it up to remember Lola's interview and unread mail. More ink to you all. Efemena, am waiting for u to continue.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by sheblayze(f): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
************Hospital**************
Lola woke up with a start. She squinted her eyelids trying to guard her eyes from the blazing early morning sun. The sun was fiery that morning, it was in the dry season of an african continent. What did you expect to find in a country like Nigeria at this time of the year. 'God! She thought, 'I have never up this late before' She closed her eyes back and started planning her schedule for the day. In her mind's eye, she imagined herself doing the normal chores, taking her daughter to school, (though she knew she was already late for school). What normally followed after dropping her baby off in skul?' Yes, she knew there was someplace she usually went thereafter. 'Work!' She gladly remembered. But she was at a crossroad, 'where did she work?'. She felt blank... Then gradually the memories of her going to charge her phone filtered in. However, she debated within herself, 'why would I go and charge my phone in our neighbour's house?' At the moment, Lola could hardly recall much, but there was something she knew that she disliked most...charging phones in a neighbour's house. 'If I had to put down my pride and go charge my phone in our neighbour's house, then it must have been important' she tried to reason. 'What was this important thing?' The hot silent argument ensued steadily, it was like an intellectual battle trying to unravel the unknown. Lola had been in a coma for 7 days. Her mum, dad and even her child knew it was only God that could bring her back. The whole of Amudulun community prayed earnestly for her. They had lost one of their daughters, Shade due to an explosion that rocked Shade's father's gen house, they were not ready to lose Lola to the same explosion. As if from a nightmare, Lola saw the flashes of the explosion happen. As if on cue, she felt a sudden chill when she remembered that her environment was strange, the bed felt different from hers', it was a bit too firm as if it lacked springs. She was lying upright and usually she lay on her tommy with her face turned to the right. The sheets, they felt different too. Soft and silky with the refreshing smoothness about it. 'Did mummy change the sheets without my noticing it?' There was no answer. She flashed back immediately, it had all being white and only beds when she had tried to wake up earlier on. The strange odour was also strong, she sniffed and felt like throwing up. Confusion. Lola was totally confused. She could not fathom her environment. Where was this white place and what was she doing in it? The explosion scene flashed back again, this time clearer and more vivid. 'Oh' she sighed, 'I must have being in that explosion and maybe I'm dead. This must be heaven, its all white and serene' Her mind played more games with her and it reached a climax when she saw Shade's charred body. 'Shadeeee!!!' She screamed out of dreamworld and into reality. Our African sunshine was still there to taunt her sight, 'damn this light!, she shouted in her head, 'I am confused and I need answers!' Apart from the glaring sun, someoneelse was also there to welcome Lola from her coma. Her mum. She had being with Lola these past seven days silently praying for her to regain consciousness. She had drifted asleep this morning, having kept watch throughout the night. Papa Lola and her ran shifts in watching Lola at the hospital. While one stayed with their daughter at the hospital, the other took care of the granddaughter at home. However, Papa Lola was taking too long to come and she had tried continuously to fight the sleep until she could bear it no longer. She thought about the events of the past eight days, the explosion, Shade's death, and Lola's unconsciousness. She wept silently and prayed faithlessly, hoping against hope that God would intervene somehow in her daughter's situation, not forgetting to also thank HIM for the young doctor who was fighting tooth and nail to keep Lola alife. She prayed God would bless him and give him more strength to save more lives. She was concieving the thought of also praying for Lola's daughter, her granddaughter when she drifted off in sleep. The sleep was surprisingly peaceful and soothing until she heard her own Lola's voice screaming Shade's name. She quickly lifted her head up from the bed. While praying, she sat on a stool and had her head bowed on the hospital bed in the female ward where Lola had lain for the past seven days. Getting up quickly she restrained Lola from climbing down the bed, thinking ' eh, why is she now screaming Shade's name' but also overjoyous, 'Doctor! Nurse! Nurse! My daughter is awake' Lola immediately took it in, she was in a hospital! Her mother never reacted so happily to her waking up late. She must had slept for long, maybe a coma. She had lot of questions to ask, it was like a suspense movie. Why was she in a hospital? The doctor rushed into the ward followed by two eager nurses with broad smile on their faces. They were heading straight for her bed. Her mother was singing and dancing like it was a thanksgiving, she was a happy woman, but Lola had never seen her infected with the 'joy virus' 'Doctor', Lola's mother shouted, 'please check my daughter o! She is back!' 'Calm down madam' Lola heard a familiar voice say. She looked closely at the doctor and there he was! The bastard who ruined her life was now a doctor. 'Kingsley' she yelled in anguish and tears. It was too hard for her to take in and process. Too much data, her brain memory chirped in "with the voice of an atm" and she sinked back into oblivion. She went back into her coma...
*******coma continua******

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by sheblayze(f): 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
Guyz pls tk it easy on me wit d criticisin, commentin n all. M new on NL. Dis story particularly caught М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ attention, but it appeared it was going to die...so I did d little I cud do. Thank You.

Plz show d sista sm luv..ℓ☺ℓ

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
she-blayze:
Guyz pls tk it easy on me wit d criticisin, commentin n all. M new on NL. Dis story particularly caught М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ attention, but it appeared it was going to die...so I did d little I cud do. Thank You.

Welcome newbie, not bad at all. Why you send Lola back to Coma now? We the oldies really need to give this story some more attention. I will "feel it" again soon I hope. I've had so many things to deal with.

You have done well, your errors are pardonable. Fell free to continue the story.

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by sheblayze(f): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Welcome newbie, not bad at all. Why you send Lola back to Coma now? We the oldies really need to give this story some more attention. I will "feel it" again soon I hope. I've had so many things to deal with.

You have done well, your errors are pardonable. Fell free to continue the story.

Thanks for the encouragement...
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
she-blayze:

Hi She-blayze and welcome. smiley

Nice stuff you've got up there. My only critism here like Mac mentioned is the use of over dramatic events, like sending Lola back into a coma.

Also, Lola is a gentle character so you might want to modify / take out the explective. I.e the swear word.

Otherwise, well done.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by sheblayze(f): 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Hi She-blayze and welcome. smiley

Nice stuff you've got up there. My only critism here like Mac mentioned is the use of over dramatic events, like sending Lola back into a coma.

Also, Lola is a gentle character so you might want to modify / take out the explective. I.e the swear word.

Otherwise, well done.

Thanks. Duly noted. I'll take 'em all out bit by bit...smiles'
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by sheblayze(f): 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
embarassedSo sorry..my phone wouldn't let me modify.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by sheblayze(f): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2012
Nobody is commentin. Na waka pass?
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Burch(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2012
[quote author=she-blayze]Nobody is commentin. Na waka pass?[/quote

D story have been ideal for long, i guess people are yet to check on it. Just do your thing and stop prolonging Lola's absence. Remember she is d main character and still have alot of unfinished issues like the one in her daughters' school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chidera Okolie Declares Her DM Open To Potential Suitors; Lists 10 Conditions / Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies / The Things Madam Kofo Did (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.