Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria (2861 Views)

Rivers Rerun;"Be Ready To Swap Dead Bodies"-Wike Tells "Prospective Riggers.PICS / Governor Wike’s Warning To Election Riggers: A Statement In Defence Of Rvs / My Tears Will Judge Election Riggers, Says Bishop Erifeta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
can u imagine this kind of shameless acts?

online awards that actual adds no value to anyone's outside the forum life, pple descended so low as to be rigging elections. its obvious many needs to get lives outside of here

TV/MOViES section
mukina2 on Today at 03:56: 57 PM:
This Election is hereby declared inconclusive due to last minutes multiple creations of new ids for the purpose of manipulating this section and few other sections election results.
The result for this section as at of 7am this morning before the manipulation starts is: Obinna5000 14
Ogaga4luv 6
V3 6

Regards

mukina2

vescucci on Today at 02:53: 16 PM:
Well, this is embarrassing. I'll let Mukina2 do the talking if there's need.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815786.0.html
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
It was serious. Even a NL official(name withheld) was caught in the act. A lot went on in the last few hours of the elections, but the Supermod was vigilant enough to catch them and declare the affected sections cancelled. Imagine someone creating 50 IDs. I was alarmed when I heard about what happened at the closing hours of the polls.

Too bad this can happen in an inconsequential online elections.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
In the Sport section, same madness was also extended

honeric01:

So this automatically means "THE ELECTION HAS BEEN CANCELED", a state of emergency has been declared, the previous winner still retains his crown until further notice.

mukina2:

This Election is hereby declared inconclusive due to last minutes multiple creations of new ids for the purpose of manipulating this section and few other sections election results.

The result for this section as at of 7am this morning before the manipulation started was:

Medjai 10
Mauritimon 15 
A-40         1

Regards
Mukina2

SMDH
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2011
Jarus:

It was serious. Even a NL official(name withheld) was caught in the act. A lot went on in the last few hours of the elections, but the Supermod was vigilant enough to catch them and declare the affected sections cancelled. Imagine someone creating 50 IDs. I was alarmed when I heard about what happened at the closing hours of the polls.

Too bad this can happen in an inconsequential online elections.
This' pathetic.

later fools like these will be abusing GEJ as cheat
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
desperation can also lead to rigging.

see as pple dey campaign for votes

Emeka 7.:

@Honeric 01, pls hlp Me mobilize your boys in sports section to vote Emeka 7 in Forum Games section.
honeric01:

to do what? you want to include it on your CV or what?
jackpot:

@op
voted now. smiley

@all

Offering time! wink

Pls guys, yes you. . .i mean you. .yeah you reading my post now

Pls donate your one vote for me

VOTE JACKPOT as Joke Section Poster 2011 cool

Link is below

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826805.0.html

Thanks in 'advancement' wink

Emeka 7.:

@Honeric01, I just want to do d right campaining to emerge in dat section. Pls help yur guy out.
SMDBH
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by efisher(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
Now we can see how NL presidential poll was rigged in favor of the "Weeping Emir of NL polls". Lol
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by dare2think: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2011
-SIGHS-

HOW CAN NIGERIA MOVE FORWARD WITH YOUTHS LIKE OURS?
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Odunnu: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2011
toba:

desperation can also lead to rigging.

see as pple dey campaign for votes
SMDBH
even as I condem the rigging and the brain behind it, I must ask you to excuse the activities of the users above who campaigned for their votes. It was all for the fun. While one is from the jokes section, a set of people good at turning everything into a joke for fun, the other was in the games section who I believe also took it all as games! Those kids were just having fun and that was the essence of the entire awards!
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Jenifa1: 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2011
hahaha this is too funny.
dtml wondering/doing the same on programming section.

I will assume then that there was widespread rigging throughout all states in the country sections of nairaland.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
hahaha Politics don start for NL. very soon ballot boxes may be snatched with some politicians hiring tugs to harass opponents.

Seun Osewa pls declare the 2011 NL general Elections null and Void for gross irregularities.

Pls set up election tribunals and appoint new INEC chairman
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2011
Odunnu:

even as I condem the rigging and the brain behind it, I must ask you to excuse the activities of the users above who campaigned for their votes. It was all for the fun. While one is from the jokes section, a set of people good at turning everything into a joke for fun, the other was in the games section who I believe also took it all as games! Those kids were just having fun and that was the essence of the entire awards!
ok ma cheesy
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2011
Toba thanks for this.

I have always known and said that our problems are not just leadership but a very corrupt people.

Change has to come from every one of us.

Let us not point the finger at our leaders , when we are in many respects more crooked.

I will never forget many years ago in UI, when a member of the student union wanted me to make a double vote for his preferred candidate. I declined.

Corruption pervades the fabric of our nation.

Maybe that's why there is so much mayhem and chaos.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2011
who then are the future leaders of the incoming dispensation?

Now greed and selfishness is taking over the heart of tomorrow's leaders.

This is how it starts.

I shake my head bitter at Nigeria. We need thorough cleansing with the blood of Jesus
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by cork2061: 11:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
@ toba

Silence. There is absolutely nothing wrong in voting for our candidates. The only reason we succeeded was because it was allowed, for if it wasnt we wouldnt have been able to. Maybe if there were a system like 1 vote per IP, then we mightnt, but then again, you have proxy systems. Oops.

@ Jarus
Mukbot did not catch all; she only caught the last minute votes. We gave Gbawe 50 of our votes, albeit spread out on different days. To see people congratulate him is highly and freaking entertaining. Buahahahahahahaha. Next year, we shall be more tactful and all our candidates shall win. This was just an experiment.

These are the beneficiaries of our benevolence:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Section          |             Name               |       #Votes Given       +
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Programming      |             ekt_bear           |       32                 +
+ Romance          |             Mr.BrownJay        |       50                 +
+ Politics         |             Gbawe              |       50                 +
+ Webmasters       |             Timileyin          |       50                 +
+ Literature       |             Orikinla           |       50                 +
+ Phones           |             Tunbaba            |       50                 +
+ Jokes            |             Studio             |       2                  +
+ TV/Movie         |             v3                 |       50                 +
+ Music/Radio      |             Tosindeda          |       50                 +
+ Sports           |             A-40               |       50                 +
+ Forum Games      |             Dgunnerz           |       27                 +
+ Education        |             Henry              |       50                 +
+ Culture          |             PhysicsEd          |       2                  +

Do not mess with the Corks.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by tpia5: 1:00am On Dec 31, 2011
Not sure what that fellow is saying but i guess in future maybe only active members of a particular section should be allowed to vote for candidates.

ie eligibility for voting should include having made at least 50 - 100 (or a percentage) qualitative (as opposed to quantitative) posts in the relevant section.

There could be a cheatsheet or list drawn up of voters who meet the requirements.

My two cents.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 1:47am On Dec 31, 2011
cork2061:

@ toba

Silence. There is absolutely nothing wrong in voting for our candidates. The only reason we succeeded was because it was allowed, for if it wasnt we wouldnt have been able to. Maybe if there were a system like 1 vote per IP, then we mightnt, but then again, you have proxy systems. Oops.

@ Jarus
Mukbot did not catch all; she only caught the last minute votes. We gave Gbawe 50 of our votes, albeit spread out on different days. To see people congratulate him is highly and freaking entertaining. Buahahahahahahaha. Next year, we shall be more tactful and all our candidates shall win. This was just an experiment.

+ Section | Name | #Votes Given +
+ Programming | ekt_bear | 32 +
+ Romance | Mr.BrownJay | 50 +
+ Politics | Gbawe | 50 +
+ Webmasters | Timileyin | 50 +
+ Literature | Orikinla | 50 +
+ Phones | Tunbaba | 50 +
+ Jokes | Studio | 2 +
+ TV/Movie | v3 | 50 +
+ Music/Radio | Tosindeda | 50 +
+ Sports | A-40 | 50 +
+ Forum Games | Dgunnerz | 27 +
+ Education | Henry | 50 +
+ Culture | PhysicsEd | 2 +

I know that is the only way he could have won. Am not surprised because I saw it coming. Having seen that Onlythruth was miles apart from the others, alarm was raised and a documented result was released instead.
Too bad.
Seun really has to speak up. His silence is not helping matters. Probably next year, Officials from Ghana forum will be hired to conduct credible polls for the politics section.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 2:13am On Dec 31, 2011
Hmm, this is serious menace eating amongst us, even on NL, chei I did not know NL folks were that desperate. embarassed embarassed embarassed Oh boy, just when I thought NL folks who accused our leaders of corruption were rid of corruption and here we have them in full swing gear declaring that they indeed RIGGED. IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR NIGERIA?
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Relax101(m): 2:15am On Dec 31, 2011
I have said it. There's a cabal on NL.
Mukina is not sincere.
I wont be suprised if she deletes my comment.

They are all Nazis,
Onlytruth won outrightly

cork2061:

@ toba

@ Jarus

+ Section          |             Name               |       #Votes Given       +
+ Programming      |             ekt_bear           |       32                 +
+ Romance          |             Mr.BrownJay        |       50                 +
+ Politics         |             Gbawe              |       50                 +
+ Webmasters       |             Timileyin          |       50                 +
+ Literature       |             Orikinla           |       50                 +
+ Phones           |             Tunbaba            |       50                 +
+ Jokes            |             Studio             |       2                  +
+ TV/Movie         |             v3                 |       50                 +
+ Music/Radio      |             Tosindeda          |       50                 +
+ Sports           |             A-40               |       50                 +
+ Forum Games      |             Dgunnerz           |       27                 +
+ Education        |             Henry              |       50                 +
+ Culture          |             PhysicsEd          |       2                  +

Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by emiye(m): 2:18am On Dec 31, 2011
cork2061:

@ toba

@ Jarus

I sense reverse psychology
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by mukina2: 2:34am On Dec 31, 2011
emiye:

I sense reverse psychology
thanks  smiley you sensed right.

the extra votes were actually added for onlytruth, i checked the polls daily to ensure they were locked and not visible to members,

i monitored it because we all know how low some people can get, just so they can say they won.

Gbawe was always leading uptil  last night before  a member created the cork series username,gbawe was leading with close to 30 votes and all of a sudden onlytruth got 20 more votes in 15 mins. I realised what was going on and i locked it, that was like an hour before the actual polls expired.

Its for fun but some people had to  try something just for ordinary forum award.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by isalegan2: 2:40am On Dec 31, 2011
Relax101:

Onlytruth won outrightly

Not necessarily. 

The total votes for Gbawe and Onlytruth were very close, and reflected their percentages during nomination. 

What if others came forward and said they also inflated other candidates' numbers?  This Cork20-- is making a lot of allegations.  How much of it is true?  Only the Supermod and Admin can verify this by conducting a thorough audit of the votes and the procedure.

I'm not convinced that Gbawe wouldn't have won if the system had been able to limit votes per person/I.P.

Also, Physics received a total of 3 votes, including one from me.  So, that means he didn't even vote for himself?  Surely you can vote for yourself.  If he did, then the claims of 2 votes for Physics doesn't ring true.  Beffuddling.

P.S. I was composing, so didn't see Mukina's post clarifying a little bit more.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by mukina2: 2:48am On Dec 31, 2011
^

Politics and Romance have always been controversial anytime there are poster's of the year awards and with onlytruth winning Ezi , it became more intense, so i kept on checking it daily. Romance got better because the rules were in place before nominating, so less trouble on it.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Sarpino: 3:52am On Dec 31, 2011
mukina2:

thanks  smiley you sensed right.

the extra votes were actually added for onlytruth, i checked the polls daily to ensure they were locked and not visible to members,

i monitored it because we all know how low some people can get, just so they can say they won.

Gbawe was always leading uptil  last night before  a member created the cork series username,gbawe was leading with close to 30 votes and all of a sudden onlytruth got 20 more votes in 15 mins. I realised what was going on and i locked it, that was like an hour before the actual polls expired.

Its for fun but some people had to  try something just for ordinary forum award.

Hahaha, it is not enough that they rig the Eze or whatever the hell they call it in his favor they wonno install onlytruth as poster of the year. Una don fail.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Pharoh: 4:18am On Dec 31, 2011
Nairaland should seek for better ideas from members to conduct a credible poll than outrageously canceling the poll at the end of the day.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by houvest: 4:18am On Dec 31, 2011
mukina2:

thanks  smiley you sensed right.

Gbawe was always leading uptil  last night before  a member created the cork series username,gbawe was leading with close to 30 votes and all of a sudden onlytruth got 20 more votes in 15 mins. I realised what was going on and i locked it, that was like an hour before the actual polls expired.

Its for fun but some people had to  try something just for ordinary forum award.

Good that you have started revealing classified information. Now please do us the favour of declassifying the whole thing. Post all the votes by whom and from what ip as well as the  date the moniker was created to stem the controversy you yourself have helped inflame. Do us this favour and put everything to rest else you will appear partisan. Note that rigging is not only by creating multiple iids. Their are other sophisticated ways. So go ahead declassify the whole poll let us analyse it.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2011
cork2061:

@ toba

@ Jarus

This' pathetic and i hope one of the mods identifies who u are.

See its unfair to pple who truly deserves the award not actually wining the thing.

Bro u are not even denying it shocked

with your one post, its obvious u are a rigger and boko haram must visit u tonight
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 31, 2011
houvest:

Good that you have started revealing classified information. Now please do us the favour of declassifying the whole thing. Post all the votes by whom and from what ip as well as the  date the moniker was created to stem the controversy you yourself have helped inflame. Do us this favour and put everything to rest else you will appear partisan. Note that rigging is not only by creating multiple iids. Their are other sophisticated ways. So go ahead declassify the whole poll let us analyse it.
exactly. The mods have contributed by not making the result visible. If we all monitored the polls, we could have identified the riggers and manipulators.

I feel so sorry for Nigeria.

We even have criminals on line. When this pple get to power in the future, they can easily do what they've done on NL by tumb printing massively and rigging.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2011
Jarus:

It was serious. Even a NL official(name withheld) was caught in the act.

Why is the criminal being shielded? Isnt this crime serious enough in our cyber society full of sanctimonious hypocrites to warrant some sort of naming and shaming? Anyway, your refusal to name the shameless official only leaves room for us to speculate and few candidates stick out as much as the obnoxious ACN town crier, who judging by how berserk he's gone lately with his anti GEJ rants, wouldnt mind donating his testeecles just to spite the GEJ camp! Of course the first two letters of his three letter moniker are 'O' and 'y' which makes Oy*, surely a no-brainer judging by his daily exhibited level of desperation.
If na lie, name the 'official'. If na true, walker pass!
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by efisher(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2011
Yes this is NL test of integrity. I challenge the mods, supermods and almighty mod to name the official that was found rigging. You all keep saying the govt should be more transparent and EFCC should do this and that. This is your time to prove your integrity. Expose and sanction the official if you dare. angry
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 31, 2011
I was actually waiting for others' comment regarding Jarus' allegation.

If an official was caught in the act, name him/her and such a criminal that doesn't have integrity shdnt remain a mod.

I can assume that all moderators on NL doesn't have integrity and they are all bias.

Seun Osewa should come attend to this.

A test shd be conducted before appointing moderators henceforth not just imposing some criminally minded cabals on us.

shame on whoever.  shocked
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 9:54am On Dec 31, 2011
May be its time to get famous again. cyber-internet jobless attention seeking celebrity wannabes.

Bad rubbishhhhhhh!!

@ Mods.
Pls. Move this irritating thread to Nairaland section.

Thanks.
Re: Its Obvious Some Nairalanders Are Amongst Election Riggers In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2011
^^^ Just like light irritates Vampires, cyber demons cant stand truth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribute To Emeka Ojukwu - By Yakubu Gowon. / WAHALA DEY!!! New PDP Faction Has More Than 14 Governors !!! / Imagine! Radio And Television Home Use Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.