Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt (1044 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Jonathan To Buhari, I Am Ready For Probe. / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2011
The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the April 16, 2011 election, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, has said that he will not be part of the government of President Goodluck Jonathan, rejecting the olive branch extended to him by the president after his Supreme Court victory on the presidential election petition.

Buhari, who spoke to LEADERSHIP in an exclusive interview yesterday, however said he would continue to make contributions to national issues, saying he had already made suggestions on what the government should do to move the country forward, adding that the next round of elections are more than three years away and there is a lot of time to decide whether to run or not.

The president, had after the Supreme Court judgment which upheld his election and dismissed that of the CPC on Wednesday, asked Buhari to join hands with him to build a united country.

Jonathan also commended Buhari for availing himself to the country's judicial system, saying: "I urge Gen. Buhari to mobilize his supporters across the country to join in the process of national reconciliation and renaissance."

But Buhari, who spoke through his spokesman, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said he along with members of the CPC, "are not looking to benefit from the system. Rather, we are looking to make contributions to the system. But we cannot be part of the corruption under this government. We have told Jonathan what he needs to do. He should cut the cost of governance and create jobs."

According to Odumakin, "Gen. Buhari is not cut out for the 'chop chop' going on in the government today. He is a different man and not a jobber."

The CPC presidential candidate had also in his reaction to the verdict, expressed disappointment in the Supreme Court for ignoring crucial evidence, comparing the judgment with those that emanated from the 2003 and 2007 election which he believes were compromised.

On whether Buhari was willing to sit with President Jonathan to discuss the suggestions he had made, Odumakin said, "Well, if we get to that bridge, we will cross it. For now, he has made his suggestions known and it is left to the government to either take or reject them."

He, however, said that there was no need for the CPC presidential candidate to sit down with Jonathan on the suggestions he has made because, "everyone understands what he has said, even primary school pupils will understand what he has said."

Regarding the issue of whether Buhari wouhttp://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201112300826.htmlld contest the 2015 presidential election, Odumakin said, "Well, what the General has said is that he will remain in politics and rebuild the CPC for immediate and future challenges. The task now is to rebuild the party which was started with the renewal committee."

Odumakin added that there was no pressure on Buhari to decide his future participation in elections, saying that, "The next round of elections is three and half years away. I think that there is enough time".
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2011
Desperate Buhari
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by hercules07: 10:15am On Dec 31, 2011
What is your problem frosbel, the man says he is ready to give advice but will not be part of the government, is that too difficult for you to take? He is a member of the council of state and he can give Jonathan all the advice he needs in their meetings and it is left for jonathan to take or leave the advice.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2011
^^^

And providing his services to Jonathan in good faith , also includes attacking him from the sidelines and trying to undermine his government , right
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by orisebawo(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2011
Jonathan's govt doesnt need help in undermining itself, you can only undermine something that has credibility.

Buhari hasnt said he is the solution but atleast he has given advise on areas that need serious attention, it is obvious if Jonathan decides to feed himself and his family for the next one year and donate the N1b to the education sector, the lives of thousands of student will atleast improve.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by hercules07: 10:37am On Dec 31, 2011
Do you expect everyone to agree with Jonathan's policies, what is the job of the opposition in a democracy, you are in the UK, do you not watch the debates over there, if Jonathan is capable, he will do what is right for the nation and will not need anybody to give him pieces of advice.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2011
nls no 1 religious bogot

calling a man who refuses to join the chop i chop train desperate

religious fanaticism na bad thing
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Gbawe: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

And providing his services to Jonathan in good faith , also includes attacking him from the sidelines and trying to undermine his government , right

Come on dude, stop with the paranoia. Is it only Buhari criticising GEJ? Why do some of you speak as if we live on Mars? All Nigerians can see what is going on under this President and many don't like it. All he promised before the election he has now ignored. All the unpopular things he now chases passionately ("leaner Govt not possible", NNPC turn around refineries over 24 months, tenure elongation, subsidy removal etal) yet never mentioned before the election distinctly indicates dishonesty, decietfulness and lack of integrity. I am surprised you don't see that as ground enough for all the criticism GEJ is recieving from every single corner of Nigeria. Let us not even talk about the hideous waste and profligacy (special advisor compensation all over the land et al) and corruption going on.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2011
oyb:

nls no 1 religious bogot

calling a man who refuses to join the chop i chop train desperate

religious fanaticism na bad thing

That is your ace card, religious fanaticism  grin grin grin   - While your brothers are blowing up heads and limbs around the country , you have the audacity to call me a religious fanatic.

Leave GEJ alone , he is trying his best but hindered by people like you who see nothing good in all his achievements to date.

Your Buhari will never win , mark my word.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 31, 2011
frosbel:

That is your ace card, religious fanaticism  grin grin grin   - While your brothers are blowing up heads and limbs around the country , you have the audacity to call me a religious fanatic.

who needs audacity when we can see your incoherence all over the religion board

Leave GEJ alone , he is trying his best but hindered by people like you who see nothing good in all his achievements to date.

hindered by criticims - oh dear, the poor simpleton, people say he's an incompetent simpleton and he's obliged to continue proving them right?

actually, he is hindered by people like you, hypocrites who are safely enschonced in nations run by competent people (but see fit to criticise doctors and co who leave nigeria )

the man wo is doing his best would not win election for a local government in the uk.

i guess for you a 'fantastic economic team' is a laudable achievement - keep up with your support of a failure who is taking us nowhere. like i said on that other thread, if you REALLY belive so much in teh achievements of gej, why not put your money where your mouth is and come home to join us in enjoying gej's 'achievments'. the good people of bayelsa are still enjoying the eight fantastic years of gej - and we can see the amazing legacy he left behind in ompadec

you see why i call you a fanatic? as long as a person is of your reigion, you will continue to make excuses for him.

by the time you burn all your money on unsubsidised petrol for your generator , your eye go clear, unless of course you're already in the chop i chop movement

Your Buhari will never win , mark my word.

of course buhari will never win in nigeria - too many powerful interests will do whatever they can to stop him. the best we can hope for today is a tinubu who has the resources and wiles to can play and beat them at their own game
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by otokx(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2011
There is this feeling that somebody somewhere is about to eat his words.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by nuclearboy(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2011
@oyb:

let me step in here

@Frosbel:

You are a disappointment if you call oyb a religious fanatic for telling the truth, what then do you call me who is even further on YOUR side than you yourself are?

Christ did not support people because they were His friends, or did he? He once, as it were, called Peter "satan", didn't he? So where do you come off redefining truth simply because Buhari is Muslim and GEJ is "supposedly" Christian (I don't know when OOO became a Christian outfit).

Buhari has spoken the simple honest truth and you have NO proof that he is working to undermine this nation in the sidelines. If he is guilty of inciting riots after the elections, truth compels us to accuse pastor Adeboye of the exact same thing - he also asked Nigerians to defend their votes! Buhari's antecedents actually suggest that this man is likely the one man most probably working for this nation's progress. You should go ask for forgiveness for using your myopic speculations as fact and inciting trouble here whist sitting far away in the safety of the UK.

Your posts above show nothing of the truth you claim to follow and Christ must be ashamed of you. Truth, not evil speculations. Facts brought forward in humility, not rancid opinions better suited to beer parlors.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by zikaengee(f): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2011
Buhari should go and advice his kinsmen boko haram before advicing GEJ,his advise is not needed. We don't need him in nigeria,he should retire from politics
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2011

@Frosbel:

You are a disappointment if you call[b] oyb a religious fanatic[/b] for telling the truth, what then do you call me who is even further on YOUR side than you yourself are?

So I called oyb a fanatic , and not the other way round , right  undecided

Please go a few posts up and see who called who a fanatic. Then I want an apology  grin

Let me leave it at that, before I upset you ,seeing you are in a bad mood already .

Christ did not support people because they were His friends, or did he? He once, as it were, called Peter "satan", didn't he? So where do you come off redefining truth simply because Buhari is Muslim and GEJ is "supposedly" Christian (I don't know when OOO became a Christian outfit).

Surely you can analyse matters more intelligently that the nonsense you pasted above.

Who told you GEJ was a personal friend or even a friend for that matter  undecided

I have posted some articles, one of which clearly stated his achievements, and people like you and oyb just breeze past it because of your bias against GEJ.

Can you do any better, especially when sitting behind a computer , rambling on about our state of affairs when in fact you have not lifted a finger to help our dear country.

Your posts above show nothing of the truth you claim to follow and Christ must be ashamed of you. Truth, not evil speculations. Facts brought forward in humility, not rancid opinions better suited to beer parlors.

The same guy and so called holy man , who was chased off the religious section for shaming the name of Christ , due to his  constant attacks on certain individuals , while employing cuss words and perverted expletives to make his point.

You need your advice more than I do  grin grin
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
nuclearboy:

@oyb:

let me step in here

@Frosbel:

You are a disappointment if you call oyb a religious fanatic for telling the truth, what then do you call me who is even further on YOUR side than you yourself are?

Buhari has spoken the simple honest truth and you have NO proof that he is working to undermine this nation in the sidelines. If he is guilty of inciting riots after the elections, truth compels us to accuse pastor Adeboye of the exact same thing - he also asked Nigerians to defend their votes! Buhari's antecedents actually suggest that this man is likely the one man most probably working for this nation's progress. You should go ask for forgiveness for using your myopic speculations as fact and inciting trouble here whist sitting far away in the safety of the UK.

thank you smiley

we all know frosbel, the man who lives in the uk, will come back someday, but who has nothing but venom for doctors who wish to do the same, escape from a country where there is little hope of a better future for honest and hardworking men and women. nuff said.

frosbel:

I have pasted some articles, one of which clearly stated his achievements, and people like you and oyb just breeze past it because of your bias against GEJ.

dude, can you kindly paste these 'articles' again.

i think we need some entertainment this morning  cheesy

i hope its not the most expensive, 'most free and fair' election (preceded by the most expensive campaign in the history of nigeria, funded by taxpayers money) you claiming is an achievement - especially when we had a much cheaper free and fair election under of all people, maradona

or perhaps it is the 'economic team'

or the end of fuel scarcity - which seems to have somehow passed those who use kerosene
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by nuclearboy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Frosbel

1. You are at least as guilty as oyb (if he indeed is a fanatic)!. Remove the log in your eyes first is what Christ said, not the one in oyb's eyes!

2. The records are there and make your dishonesty obvious. My intelligence has not being called into question - your honesty\sincerity and capability for truth are what are under fire.

3. On leaving "Religion", ask yourself where Enigma, e36691 etc are - we left "Religion" to the Religious!! Plus if I indeed shamed Christ's Name, He Himself did more when He called your progeny "hypocrites", "without truth" and a "generation of vipers" - I never used such to describe any of you.

There is NO truth in you. Fie, satan
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2011
oyb:

thank you  smiley

we all know frosbel, the man who lives in the uk, will come back someday, but who has nothing but venom for doctors who wish to do the same, escape from a country where there is little hope of a better future for honest and hardworking men and women. nuff said.

dude, can you kindly paste these 'articles' again.

i think we need some entertainment this morning  cheesy

i hope its not the most expensive, 'most free and fair' election (preceded by the most expensive campaign in the history of nigeria, funded by taxpayers money) you claiming is an achievement - especially when we had a much cheaper free and fair election under of all people, maradona

or perhaps it is the 'economic team'

or the end of fuel scarcity - which seems to have somehow passed those who use kerosene

One such example - S&P upgrades Nigerian outlook to positive / https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-834593.0.html

Economic improvement takes time, I hope you are aware.

What took decades to destroy will require ample time for economic recovery and growth.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
nuclearboy:

@Frosbel

1. You are at least as guilty as oyb (if he indeed is a fanatic)!. Remove the log in your eyes first is what Christ said, not the one in oyb's eyes!

2. The records are there and make your dishonesty obvious. My intelligence has not being called into question - your honesty\sincerity and capability for truth are what are under fire.

3. On leaving "Religion", ask yourself where Enigma, e36691 etc are - we left "Religion" to the Religious!! Plus if I indeed shamed Christ's Name, He Himself did more when He called your progeny "hypocrites", "without truth" and a "generation of vipers" - I never used such to describe any of you.

There is NO truth in you. Fie, satan

Suit yourself, twist the words and contort their meanings, if it makes your day , enjoy cool
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by yoji: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2011
Even if he were a religious fanatic, hw would it have affected his rule. Are u sayin he wud have mandated all schools to learn arabic studies, or mayb passed a law mandatin buildin of mosques on every street? Or wud he hv increased frequency of hajj trips, or mayb introduce sharia to enugu? I don't get it. Frankly right now, anybody will do better dan gej as president talk less of buhari.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by nuclearboy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2011
Twist and contort?

Or maybe I struck below the belt with that jibe about the log in your eyes - actually, its a forest but who is bothered since its so obvious?

And who stayed behind when your rancid rabid attacks all but gave such as Jo semblance of sincerity again? We had shown him a fraud but Frosbel came to his rescue and made him look like a liberal response to the madness that initially did the exact same over the issue of Israel - when you've again destroyed the sensibilities where you are now, won't you again move ahead to the next section?

I would have suggested comedy\humor but we both know you are not funny!,

S & P indices indeed! Positive my foot - but then you sit out there and know nothing about the reality here
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
frosbel:

One such example - S&P upgrades Nigerian outlook to positive / https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-834593.0.html

that is how you claim gej is working?  rating that frankly has had no effect whatsoever on the lives of the average nigerian?

this is almost as daft as those inflation down by 10% bs that was being peddled by some other gej goon

do you think any investors re going to look at that and come down to nigeria, or will they listen to gej telling us that BH is a burden we must live with?

and why did you omit this part of the article?

Nigeria's current account balance has consistently been reported to be in surplus, although in the past two years errors and omissions have exceeded the surplus, which in our view is probably overstated by unreported imports. Crude oil exports accounted for 72% of current account receipts in 2010.

A potential upgrade would also be predicated upon no worsening of the political tensions between the Islamic north and Christian south and no significant deterioration in the country's fairly weak performance on international corruption and ease-of-doing-business measures.

Alternatively, we could revise the outlook to stable if fiscal and external balances fail to improve. This could be, for instance, as a consequence of a sharp drop in oil production or prices, or if political tensions or violence increase substantially, affecting overall political stability in the country.

so whatusayin' the S&P people have already issued their carefully worded  disclaimer to whatever you think you can spam us with

Economic improvement takes time, I hope you are aware.

What took decades to destroy will require ample time for economic recovery and growth

please stop with the pathetic excuses already. unfortunately, your man is part of the problem, not the solution. a first step to sorting nigeria would be a round of belt tightening across the board - but we have teh most bloated government in nigeria's history, billion naira feeding budgets, nw armored cars when old ones are still in order  the list goes on.

rather, gej would expect those whose belts are already close to strangling them to tighten still more, in  the name of his ridiculous fuel subsidy removal. because he cannot police our borders. how much time does it take to come up with an initiative to police borders to prevent petrol smuggling?
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
nuclearboy:

Twist and contort?

Or maybe I struck below the belt with that jibe about the log in your eyes - actually, its a forest but who is bothered since its so obvious?

And who stayed behind when your[b] rancid rabid attacks[/b] all but gave such as Jo semblance of sincerity again? We had shown him a fraud but Frosbel came to his rescue and made him look like a liberal response to the madness that initially did the exact same over the issue of Israel - when you've again destroyed the sensibilities where you are now, won't you again move ahead to the next section?

I would have suggested comedy\humor but we both know you are not funny!,

S & P indices indeed! Positive my foot - but then you sit out there and know nothing about the reality here

Now I know you are hallucinating.

What rancid rabid attacks  

I only tried to mellow the tempo of abuse and insults, seeing that people like you were throwing cuss words around the whole place, insulting and slandering his person.

Surely you can make a point without cussing , or can you not  undecided

While I am totally opposed to the prosperity gospel, I have taken a step back and decided that the best way forward is to expose the false doctrines and their false proponents , but not with abuse and insults.

The insulting approach smacks of as an angry tirade coming from an out of control freak.

Go figure.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
-- The authorities have restructured and strengthened the banking sector, and we expect economic growth to remain strong.

yo frosbel, what do you have to say about this, considering the fact that it is due to a sharia scholar you keep maligning over this forum? the man should give your simpleton a lesson in cojones and perseverance.

the man got far more insults than gej did, complete with the 'renaissance professionals' but he got the job done. character is not solely about religion, no matter what your addled brain wants to belive
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
oyb:

yo frosbel, what do you have to say about this, considering the fact that it is [b]due to a sharia scholar [/b]you keep maligning over this forum? the man should give your simpleton a lesson in cojones and perseverance.

the man got far more insults than gej did, complete with the 'renaissance professionals' but he got the job done. character is not solely about religion, no matter what your addled brain wants to belive

You shocked me with that one grin grin
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by nuclearboy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2011
Truth remains truth

No matter what your addled brain INSISTS on believing

Buhari said the truth that we all know! The problem is the "chopping"! All GEJ needs is to wipe out corruption and things will fall into place

Fini
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by Fellywood(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
The unhonorable general buhari said we now have to live with the consquences of not voting for him-that is the boko haran menace he fuels. Why then do you expect him to join ranks with the FG to buid Nigeria. This man is just a hypocrite crying foul for loosing a election. Thank God he will never rule Nigeria.
Re: Buhari - I Won't Work With Jonathan's Chop-chop Govt by baslone: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Fellywood:

The unhonorable general buhari said we now have to live with the consquences of not voting for him-that is the boko haran menace he fuels. Why then do you expect him to join ranks with the FG to buid Nigeria. This man is just a hypocrite crying foul for loosing a election. Thank God he will never rule Nigeria.

Eeya, sorrrrry!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Opec members Fuel price/litre And Minimum Wage, Take A Look And Advice Our Gej / Two Governors Emerge In Kogi / Military Burial For Ojukwu, Why Not Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.