Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

Put An End To The Activities Of Boko Haram In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Put An End To The Activities Of Boko Haram In Nigeria (1311 Views)

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen / Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put An End To The Activities Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by shilling(f): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2012
Boko Haram, believed to have been formed in 2002 has terrorized innocent Nigerians for more than 2 years, and the Nigerian government has done nothing concrete about this.

President Goodluck Jonathan's seemingly laid-back approach in putting an end to the activities of Boko Haram in Nigeria is very disappointing. After Mr President said "the issue of bombing is one of the burdens we must live with", I am not convinced that Mr. President is doing enough to ensure the safety of Nigerians from this terrorist group.

Sign the petition asking Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton to mount pressure on Pres. Jonathan so Boko Haram's menace comes to an end.

http://www.change.org/petitions/pres-jonathan-stop-boko-harams-blood-bath

The US government listens when people talk. We can get the US govt to do something about this, although I am sure this doesn't guarantee anything in Nigeria but this is worth a shot.
Re: Put An End To The Activities Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by werepeLeri: 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
shilling:

Boko Haram, believed to have been formed in 2002 has terrorized innocent Nigerians for more than 2 years, and the Nigerian government has done nothing concrete about this.

President Goodluck Jonathan's seemingly laid-back approach in putting an end to the activities of Boko Haram in Nigeria is very disappointing. After Mr President said "the issue of bombing is one of the burdens we must live with", I am not convinced that Mr. President is doing enough to ensure the safety of Nigerians from this terrorist group.

Sign the petition asking Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton to mount pressure on Pres. Jonathan so Boko Haram's menace comes to an end.

http://www.change.org/petitions/pres-jonathan-stop-boko-harams-blood-bath

The US government listens when people talk. We can get the US govt to do something about this, although I am sure this doesn't guarantee anything in Nigeria but this is worth a shot.

This is very hilarious. And if America steps in, you will be the first to shout Jonathan is selling Nigeria to America.

As to the bolded - if you think he is not doing enough, please let us know what you will rather want him to do, and I assure you, your suggestions will reach the right places. Or your suggestion is that Hillary should tell GEJ to do his work?

We are listening to you.
Re: Put An End To The Activities Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by shilling(f): 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
I'm glad you find this funny. I am not suggesting HC tells Pres. Jonathan how to do his job. My hope is that with mounting pressure from the international community, Pres. Jonathan realizes that the world is watching leading to more accountability on his part. I am not a security official, and hence cannot tell Jonathan what to do. However, I do know that the Boko Haram issue did not just start yesterday. It's been going on for a while and from the look of things, Pres. Jonathan isn't doing enough to stop their attacks and I'm sure majority of Nigerians will agree with me.

I am tired of sitting down and doing nothing. No offence, have you done anything to move (or try to move) Nigeria forward?
Re: Put An End To The Activities Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by werepeLeri: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
shilling:

I'm glad you find this funny. I am not suggesting HC tells Pres. Jonathan how to do his job. My hope is that with mounting pressure from the international community, Pres. Jonathan realizes that the world is watching leading to more accountability on his part. I am not a security official, and hence cannot tell Jonathan what to do. However, I do know that the Boko Haram issue did not just start yesterday. It's been going on for a while and from the look of things, Pres. Jonathan isn't doing enough to stop their attacks and I'm sure majority of Nigerians will agree with me.

I am tired of sitting down and doing nothing. No offence, have you done anything to move (or try to move) Nigeria forward?

I do it daily. But I dont do what you are doing, which has nothing to do with putting Nigeria forward, at all - The President is doing everything possible, but you cant see, and all you want to see is a foreigner "putting pressure" on the Nigerian President. I dont just get it.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sympathisers In Cabinet Says Jonathan Goodluck / Fuel Subsidy: What Is Iweala Okoji And Sanusi Doing On Ait / Democratic Rule In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.