Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal (9255 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by experts: 12:48am On Jan 02, 2012
From the information reaching me, the cost of transportation has instantly increased as a result of the fuel subsidy removal. I heard that the transportation from enugu to lagos is now N17,000 making it impossible for some people who went for xmas to go back to lagos. Pls share the cost of inter state transport for people traveling to know so as to effectively plan their jorney around. Thanks
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by koruji(m): 12:50am On Jan 02, 2012
A month's salary to travel one way from East to West - some serious salary revisions will be neede to cushion the effects from removing the subsidy.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by 2mch(m): 12:53am On Jan 02, 2012
for the removal of subsidy, minimum wage must be increased to N36k. Chikena. Or else, no amount of security vote or mossad can protect the government. 1 month is even too much to suffer the effects. The government with all the corruption is simply incapable to making this work. I am happy because this is the catalyst for a new Nigeria. The looters and theives have finally outdone themselves this time. Instead of cutting their salaries they will rather dip their hands into the pockets of the already struggling and dying Nigerian. cry tongue
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by experts: 1:43am On Jan 02, 2012
May God help us.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by samstradam: 1:52am On Jan 02, 2012
Can you see the stupidity of this government, they can't even afford to pay 18000 and by the time Labour have finnished with them this year, minimum wage will be substantially more. This is where our subsidy savings is going to go to . . . but don't worry we'll find that out at the end ofthe budget year. . . and we've not even started talking about the devaluation the naira will go through this year. . . to think any secondary school economist could have predicted this. But i bet you they will be blaming everyone else, including the pope for their failings.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by philip0906(m): 1:57am On Jan 02, 2012
its a shame. . .
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nadanbata: 2:55am On Jan 02, 2012
heard its 30k Lagos to Kano cool
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Rhino5dm: 4:09am On Jan 02, 2012
Then stay in your village! Must you go back to Lagos?. . .or you can simply use Aboki-nama trailer/lorry, very cheap and affordable sweet ride. Welcome to the year 2012!!
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by dayokanu(m): 4:11am On Jan 02, 2012
Time to trek
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by egin(m): 5:00am On Jan 02, 2012
experts:

May God help us.
God is not going to help, only you can help yourselves. Stop deceiving yourself
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by CyberG: 5:21am On Jan 02, 2012
LOL. . .I dey laff ooo grin grin grin
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2012
Pee Dee Pee!!
Progress!!

Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2012
Trekking becomes easier with legedes benz or foot wagen but dont forget to buy sachet water while on the move.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by EvilBrain1(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2012
samstradam:

Can you see the stupidity of this government, they can't even afford to pay 18000 and by the time Labour have finnished with them this year, minimum wage will be substantially more. This is where our subsidy savings is going to go to . . . but don't worry we'll find that out at the end ofthe budget year. . . and we've not even started talking about the devaluation the naira will go through this year. . . to think any secondary school economist could have predicted this. But i bet you they will be blaming everyone else, including the pope for their failings.

You're assuming that anybody in Abuja gives a rat's äss. Jonathan is too daft to understand anything as complex as secondary school economics and the people pulling his strings only care about getting more money to spend on big government contracts.

And those calling for another increase in minimum wage should remember that only a tiny percentage of Nigerian collect salaries from government.how is higher minimum wage going to help the farmers and private sector workers? Let's no decieve ourselves.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by experts: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
If you have idea on cost of transportation to and from the following places, pls share with us.

Lagos
Abuja
Porthacourt
Kano
Kaduna
Kwara
Ondo
Ekiti
Osun
Sokoto

etc

Thanks
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by nku5: 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
‎​Enugu to Lagos by bus now N17,000Ph Τ̲̅ȍ Maiduguri Is 22,000,Jos Τ̲̅ȍ Lagos Is 19,000. Mehn some ppl can't even come back from village
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by experts: 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thanks
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by bilms(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
any update?
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
I thought the inter-state commercial buses mostly used diesel? What has the fuel subsidy removal got to do with that? That's the problem that our stewpid 'leaders' do not realise. Ordinary citizens would be exploited mercilessly - even by those that have nothing to do with fuel price. I foresee pandemic poverty of unprecedented proportions in the days ahead. But of course, the cowardly and docile lot called Nigerians would suffer in silence rather than do something about it.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Dyt(f): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2012
goin 2 work dis mornin
i paid double
no rooms 4 bikes anymore
so i v 2 wake up earlier enuf 2 get bus
so sad
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by DAY12(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2012
From CMS to Ikeja is now 200naira shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by freecocoa(f): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2012
My cousin who is supposed to go back to lagos from enugu called and said the tfare is now 17k.
She's going to fly instead.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by adrian5(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2012
There's a fb roup opposed to this farce. Check it out
http://www./306951516016221/307304045980968/
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by hazureal(f): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2012
My neighbour paid 250 from ikeja to cms yesterday.
Wats happenin in dis country's really sad. There's nothin democratic about dis government at all.
Like someone said, even a dentist numbs ur pain before pullin ur tooth out. Wat has d govt put in place to cushion d effect of d subsidy removal?
Power supply is not constant, roads are bad, no salary increment, state of security's terrible etc(i could go on & on).
Even my landlord had to
rescind his decision to increase d rent when he heard dat subsidy's been removed.
I sometimes wonder if GEJ & his team actually read people's reactions on sites like this.
God help us.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by member479760: 9:47am On Jan 03, 2012
Bus drivers are in business of making money now!
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 03, 2012
Many people would rather fly. Aero from Enugu to Lag is cheaper than 17k.

As usual we are docile Nigerians and we will swallow any pill.
Everybody is saying 'God help us', unfortunately, He won't, that's why he gave us brains.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2012
GEJ appears to have got this one wrong this time around; the people are really angry.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Kx: 9:51am On Jan 03, 2012
sad
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2012
TRANSPORT IN IBADAN

1. IWO ROAD TO OJO 100 NAIRA (WAS N50 NAIRA BEFORE)

2. IWO ROAD TO AKOBO 100 NAIRA (WAS N50 NAIRA BEFORE)

3. ASHI BODIJA TO UI 150 naira

4. ibadan to illorin 1500 naira
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2012
At the very least just multiply the former rate by 2 which is not so bad giving that the petrol cost is much more than that.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by freecocoa(f): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2012
I paid a #150 to a place I normally pay #50 to.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by moshoodn(m): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2012
How much is lagos to ibadan o. . . Cos i wanna go visit my fiancèè.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bankole Arrested Again ! / Political wisdom From Fela Kuti - Quotes / Breaking News!!! Mourinho Has Been Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.