Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,370 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal (9262 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2012
Good for them,if they were wise and they are not short sighted they would have envisaged whats coming ahead and disembark .its because their little drained mind was been beclouded with the anxiety of going to the village to show off.let them start selling their lands and farmlands to return back to base and face a more hardship,after they have finished the peanuts they took to the village. tongue tongue tongue tongue cheesy
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Exponental(m): 10:19am On Jan 03, 2012
This is a big temptation.
Though I offer lift @ free will, but with d present state, it seems I gat 2 get passengers @ subsidized rate 4 them 2 subsidize my fuelling cost.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by MrResource(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2012
Aeros and Bicycles will shine now.
i foresee 'Tour de France' playing in Nigeria.A Reality Tv Show with the title "Tour de Nigeria" grin grin grin

Drafting and "Peletoning" will be allowed
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by OmichaelO: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2012
▲▲:d :d
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by purplekayc(m): 10:48am On Jan 03, 2012
what do you think would happen?? undecided
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by lucidang(m): 10:48am On Jan 03, 2012
smiley guys, on a lighter note: road transport is gradually becoming more expensive than flying, i foresee flights being over-booked this period
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2012
theres nothing free anymore,so the next time you have the chance take it and carry your pessenger,but make sure you watch out for LASTMA.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by nastydamus(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2012
moshoodn:

How much is lagos to ibadan o. . . Cos i wanna go visit my fiancèè.

Your relationship has changed to very long-distance relationship, grin. i wish you well sha o.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 03, 2012
y2kaustin:

theres nothing free anymore,so the next time you have the chance take it and carry your pessenger,but make sure you watch out for LASTMA.
Exponental:

This is a big temptation.
Though I offer lift @ free will, but with d present state, it seems I gat 2 get passengers @ subsidized rate 4 them 2 subsidize my fuelling cost.

You guys go kill me here.So what should i do next time i offer a girl free ride ? Ask her for my fuel subsidy ? grin
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2012
@bluethoot, if you are offering a babe a lift,you will have to determine which mode of payment you want,since babes have dual payment options,its either she is paying in kind or in cash, gbam! cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nyntynplus: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2012
In kaduna frm Mando to Kawo #30 bfor nd nw #80 frm Kasuwa to Kakuri #40 nw #100
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Impulse80(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2012
Dis naija don turn 2 anoda thing o d next thin now na to escape 4rm Nigeria
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by KnowAll(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2012
Nice time to enter the Transport Business. How Much is Lagos - Ibadan, Lagos - Ilorin and Lagos to Abuja, Lagos to Benin , thinking of bringing some nice buses from Germany to run those routes at least one's income when converted to Dollar would march doing business abroad.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 03, 2012
y2kaustin:

@bluethoot, if you are offering a babe a lift,you will have to determine which mode of payment you want,since babes have dual payment options,its either she is paying in kind or in cash, gbam! cheesy cheesy cheesy cool

A good comfort in a crosstour coupled with the chilled air blowing from the Ac,she should rather pay in kind instead.they always do grin grin
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 03, 2012
In port-harcourt a distance of under 4km mgbouba- rumuokwuta which used 2 be 30naira is now 100 naira.
Port-harcourt- benin used 2 be 1,350 is now 3,550. Not like there is an increase in income or any other transport system 2 cushion the effect. No light, no trains, no roads, no security, no nothing. In nigeria everyperson is his/her own government, u provide water, transport, light, security, u tar roads, u provide transfomer( where the nepa bill dey go). It's like i am my own country, henry's country, ada's country et al. The only thing the government does is to preach about a fairy tale cabal day in day out, and how this imaginary cabal those this and that. If the government can't face the cabal head on, do they xpect the citizens to do d job for them( we already provide all the amenities a government should provide, so what is then left for the government to do). People come here and say things like the cost of petrol is high in the u.k and u.s and we should be happy that despite the increase in price it is still low. They forgot to see that you can't compare the countries in any way, when all the other indecies are higher in those countries.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2012
police still dey collect egunje? dat one self go don high, hmmmmmmm, d buses should start carrying 4 on a seat back ooo to reduce cost,
its unbearable now
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2012
@bluetoot, what if she is a working class,just returning home full exhausted?that might not play off well.so you have to modify you modus operandi if you really want to be a transportation mogul grin
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2012
y2kaustin:

@bluetoot, what if she is a working class,just returning home full exhausted?that might not play off well.so you have to modify you modus operandi if you really want to be a transportation mogul grin

I'm not really interested in the money but she must pay for the free ride in her kind.Honestly,i just have to be nice to the female fols these days. grin grin
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2012
UNIPORT to Rumuola by bus is N300, by taxi is N400 - people are just cursing GEJ all the way.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2012
My T-fare 2day wasn't dat bad.
Frm Coker 2 Orile is now #50 (before twas #40). Frm Orile 2 Idumota is #70 (same price as b4). I hope they won't change their mind on d price wen i'll b going home in d evening o o!!
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by edoyad(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2012
moshoodn:

How much is lagos to ibadan o. . . Cos i wanna go visit my fiancèè.

nastydamus:

Your relationship has changed to very long-distance relationship, grin. i wish you well sha o.

lol grin
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by augui: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2012
Is there meant to be anythn lyk subsidy @llor.the govt.is just usin our head,
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by oyebanji88(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2012
kwaro to lagos #3000 usually #1,500 at most, Am afraid o, This shit should nt lead to civil war pt 2 o, Am so dissappointed in Mr pReSiDeNt.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
hope this is going to be all the way oh!,not at the sighting of anti riot policemen.they will all take to their heels.am already mobilizing REAL patriots in my area and jurisdiction."this is civil Aluta!
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by tpia5: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
I can blame gej for a lot of things but its quite possible his choices are limited in this matter.

There is a global recession going on which nigeria has been shielded from so far.

Also, there is boko haram to consider. Presently its too easy for them to throw bombs anyhow.

Much of europe is in an economic crisis and most times throughout history, periods of prosperity tend to be followed by periods of drought.

The rich might scale through somehow but its the poor who will bear the brunt of the change as usual.

Very unfortunate.

I suppose this will lead to a new wave of people fleeing the country.
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
lagos to portharcourt is how much?
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by ideologies(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
prices of everything has doubled
from UYO toLAgos by bus is close to the price of booking for flight so na flight tins we go dey now
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by stagger: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Does anyone remember the "Maltonic Cycling Tour of Nigeria"?
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
hello Nairalanders,where is OBJ? how come we have not heard from him on the current issues,or is his poultry taking much of his time?or is he still laughing cheesy?
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Image123(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
Where i used to trek alone before, we are now many there. What is the meaning of all these?
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
ibadan to oshodi----1500naira, ibadan to mile2---1400, ibadan to iyana ipaja 1700, and before subsidy removal all these route range btw 650 to 750, fresh air from GEJ INDEED, my curse for uncle jona is may dame pat.continue to disgrace you with her bombshell were ever she goes,
Re: The Cost Of Transportation After Subsidy Removal by initstime: 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
31-12-2011 WARRI - TO-ENUGU = N1600 (WITH 1/5 HRS A/C)

02-01-2012 ENUGU -TO-WARRI = N3520 (COMPLETELY WITHOUT A/C)

IT SHALL BE WELL THE  WITH THE RIGHTEOUS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Pity The New Ooni's Wife / World War 3 Activated Armenia Vs Azerbaijan Begins / Bashir Mohammed, Taraba Lawmaker Abducted By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.