Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? (988 Views)

Could My Boyfriend Be Gay? / Lagos Fire Service Saves Man Who Used Sex Enhancement Device From Death / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? by LadyTi1(f): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2007
This is directed mainly at the ladies on the forum, but hey guys are welcomed to contribute:

You meet a man who tells you he was involved in homosexual relationship(s) in the past, but he no longer subscribes to that lifestyle. Whether we accept it or not, there are many people out there hoping and praying for their son, brother, friend --- etc to turn around, but how does society view/receive such people afterwards? Would you have any reservations about dating or marrying such a man? And if so, why?

P.S:  This thread is not intended to bash gay people. I believe everyone is entitled to their views on homosexuality. My stand is that I disagree with the practice but I don't hate the "person", so spare me the "homophobic  lecture"!!! This is a reality of life which some people may have to deal with one day, so let's be mature in our responses.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hmm, I'm by no means homophobic either, but if I was a lady, I could not marry a "reformed" homosexual. I suppose he was gay for a reason - either he never developed relationships with females, or he was born that way, I have no idea.

But at the back of my mind will be lurking the possibility he would not be satisfied with me as a woman, and he'll revert to his previous lifestyle.

It's a chance I don't care to take.
Re: Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? by almondjoy(f): 1:55am On Oct 05, 2007
If I were a female, no! Don't believe in the "gender bender" theory. I believe in sticking to your own kind! smiley There is enough to go around.  I am sure everyone can find partners of their choice.  No problems with that at all. Whatever rocks one's world--go for it!
Re: Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? by iice(f): 5:49am On Oct 05, 2007
Sorry but no! Can't be with a man who used to have a thing for men undecided undecided
Re: Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? by LadyTi1(f): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2007
Siena:

But at the back of my mind will be lurking the possibility he would not be satisfied with me as a woman, and he'll revert to his previous lifestyle.

@ Siena:
I feel exactly thesame way---- but I also can't help feeling that it's a "double standard". Because on the one hand, I would be pleased to see that a brova has changed his ways, but then again, I will find it hard to completely ignore his past---- Well, I suppose there are women out there who wouldn't mind, so he just has to find one---- Come on ladies, let's hear your views!
Re: Would You Date/Marry A Man Who Used To Be Gay? by Nobody: 7:08am On May 16, 2015
hmmmmmmm
coming back. I need to think. grin

don't quote pls

(1) (Reply)

I Need A True Love / What Should Fred Do.? / What Do You Do If The Girl U Love Most Is Saying No To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.