Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,977 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement (4275 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Oh God!!! See What Akure Indegenes Are Doing To Ndigbo Ooo!!! (must See) / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Onlytruth(m): 6:48am On Jan 03, 2012
[size=16pt]Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement[/size]
12/23/11

Below is an apology to Ndigbo from Kunle Adegoke with respect to tribal backlash and threats emanating from forum comment he made in anger in response to what he saw as ethnic attacks on Yorubas by a group of Igbos. He said people have been calling and threatening him mostly from the Diaspora with regards to his forum post. He says the statement was made in anger and from the bottom of his heart, sincerely apologizes to Ndigbo.

BELOW IS ADEGOKE'S EMAIL TO MASTERWEB REPORTS AFTER HIS PHONE CHAT WITH US

Sir,

I am forwarding this to buttress the fact that i do not have anything against an average igbo man or woman. The stand maintained by the man 'Africa Today' as shown below is a testimony to the fact that all he is concerned with is just to cause war by a campaign of ethnic irredentism. I do not think that is what we need.

Kindly help publish as you may consider appropriate.

Merry xmas in advance.

Kunle Adegoke
Solicitor & Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria
+234 8023337003

BELOW IS ADEGOKE'S APOLOGY-POSTING ON NIGERIAN & IGBO FORUMS (FORA)

Sent: Tuesday, 20 December 2011, 20:26
Subject: Re: GENOCIDE PREACHERS - VAL OJO, AFIS, BOLAJI ALUKO AND KUNLE ADEGOKE APOLOGY

*Note: "Africa Today" is an alias or business name used by one of the Igbo forumnites that Adegoke got entangled with that resulted to his anger-post.

Africa Today,

THIS APOLOGY IS SERIOUS AND NOT A FLY BYE.

I WAS THINKING THAT MY OFFENSIVE POSTING WAS ONE OF THOSE ANGRY RIPOSTES THAT HAD DOMINATED DISCUSSIONS ON SEVERAL FORA HERE TO WHICH NO SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES WERE MEANT TO BE ATTACHED.

BUT YOU SEEM TO BE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO JUSTIFY YOUR MINDSET THAT YORUBAS HATE IGBO. I KNEW I FELL INTO YOUR TRAP CHEAPLY BUT I DO NOT WANT UNNECESSARY WAR ONLY BORNE OUT OF HATRED NURSED BY A DANGEROUS FEW.

WHILE YOUR IDENTITY IS STILL WRAPPED IN MASKS, I BELIEVE THE NEED FOR UNIVERSAL BROTHERHOOD AND PEACE TRANSCENDS IMMEDIATE ESTABLISHMENT OF IDENTITIES. LET US STOP THIS CALL FOR ETHNIC VIGILANCE AS IGBO'S INVESTMENTS IN LAGOS BENEFIT EVERYONE TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAGOS CABINET EVEN ACCOMMODATES IGBO REPRESENTATION.

TO ALL, ONCE AGAIN, LET US MOVE FORWARD AND RATHER ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS CONFRONTING US AS A PEOPLE. A POOR MAN IN KANO IS A POOR MAN IN CALABAR, ENUGU, ABUJA AND OSOGBO. LET THE SPIRIT OF YULETUDE MINISTER PEACE UNTO OUR HEARTS AND NOT HATRED. AFRICA TODAY, LET US STOP THE ETHNIC IRREDENTIST CAMPAIGNS AND ADDRESS A COMMON FUTURE.

THANK YOU AND HAPPY XMAS.

Kunle Adegoke
Solicitor & Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria
+234 8023337003

Article Source: Masterweb Reports

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2011/12/23/nigeria-kunle-adegoke-apologizes-to-ndigbo-for-internet-statement

Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Onlytruth(m): 6:51am On Jan 03, 2012
So, I guess it wasn't a lie afterall. Well, it is good that he retracted the statement.
Still eye popping, though I'm not personally shocked.
I've seen worse statements here on Nairaland.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Afam4eva(m): 7:12am On Jan 03, 2012
He should still be punished. People shoukd watch what they say especially when they're in a position of power.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by asorocker: 7:44am On Jan 03, 2012
Ethnic cleansers,will always apologize when it suits them, God help their next victim
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:47am On Jan 03, 2012
What was his original statement self.

Na wa for this big men always trying to be politically correct
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Lasinoh: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2012
I am forwarding this to buttress the fact that i do not have anything against [size=20pt]an average igbo man or woman.[/size]

We understand. wink

This should make Ndi Igbo very happy. . .  cheesy

Always good to know what Nigerians really think of eachother!
Mu he he he he he he
It does not mean we do not love each other naaaaaaa. . .
Haba! grin

Good one Kunle. . . thanks for 'choppin' your vomit! grin
. . . As usual! wink
It is in the genes to double-talk and 'backtrack'! grin
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by 9jaIhail(m): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2012
EZE ONLYTRUTH UDO DILI GI, EZE IGA ADI OOOO.

YOU SEE WHY NIGERIA AS A NATION STILL REMAIN AS IT IS, BECAUSE ETHNICITY. IT SURPRISES ME HOW MOST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA BEHAVE LIKE ANIMALS. SOME PEOPLE HERE HAS THE AUDACITY TO DEFEND THIS MAGGOT CALL KUNLE. SINCE AN EDUCATED MAN LIKE HIM CAN MAKE THIS STATEMENT AND SOME BIGOTS ARE HERE TO DEFEND HIM THAT TELLS YOU HOW EVIL NIGERIANS CAN BE. CAN ANYONE APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT HE DID NOT DO? SOME OF YOU ARE HERE SAYING RUBBISH
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Odunnu: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2012
dayokanu:

What was his original statement self.

Na wa for this big men always trying to be politically correct
I want to know too
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Lasinoh: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2012
[size=20pt]I DO NOT WANT UNNECESSARY WAR ONLY BORNE OUT OF HATRED NURSED BY A DANGEROUS FEW.[/size]

You will always have them. Just deal with them accordingly! kiss
No shaking! cool

Illiterates! This is not an apology.
Abi did anyone see the words "I apologize" or "I am sorry" here? cheesy

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzq8c5pr-Ws&ob=av2n[/flash]

Tooooooo late!!!! kiss
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by ACM10: 11:41am On Jan 03, 2012
By Ikechukwu Enyiagu

A Solicitor & Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, who gave his name as Mr. Kunle Adegoke LLM, BL and his mobile contact number as 08023337003 has, on Dec 10, 2011, made public the unrepentant and anti-Semitic (anti-Igbo) position of the federal government of Nigeria and the law against the Igbo nation being upheld by the highest court of justice in Nigeria, the Supreme Court of Nigeria. In his speech, where he proudly waved the flag of his authority, Mr Kunle Adegoke said: “If they (the Igbo) attempt the same thing again (to demand their freedom), we shall wipe them off the surface of the earth.” Then he went further, in his native language, to fume: “Ebi loko yin (starvation is your albatross).” This genocidal statement and stance calls for an international intervention to save what is left of the Igbo nation within what is still referred to as Nigeria, seeing that the federal government of Nigeria is bent on remapping the world in which the Igbo will not have a history or a spot. The Supreme Court of Nigeria’s Solicitor & Advocate went ahead to make mockery of the many children systematically killed by food deprivation in Biafra, and threatened that, this time, they would finish (wipe out every remaining child with deprivation of food) what they had started in 1967. What evil! What callousness! What effrontery! What impunity! This also calls for the swift attention of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, International Human Rights Organizations, and all relevant bodies, to look, as a matter of urgency, into the facts of the 1967-1970 genocide carried out against Igbo in the South-Eastern part of Nigeria, to prosecute those involved in the pogrom which eventually took the lives of over 1.3 million Igbo in the Nigeria’s invasion and genocide of Igboland and the Igbo, and to bring justice as a center standard for human rights declararations
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/67694-anti-igbo-rants-kunle-adegoke.html
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by icez: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2012
Why should a nigerian even say something like that?
Is the guy mental stable?
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by ACM10: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
EzeUche:

[size=15pt]If the Yoruba want secession, we should celebrate it, because this is what we Igbos have been dreaming about. [/size]

Any group that can help us get rid of these Northern parasites is appreciated.

The sooner Igbos learns that we have greater enemy in Yoruba, the better for us.

Yorubas has consistently been working against Igbo interest in Nigeria.

EzeUche wants to celebrate Yorubas secession by popping champaigne, while they wants to "wipe you off the map" if you attempts to separate". I dey laff o cheesy

The fact that Yorubas don't massacre Igbos in Yorubaland does not mean that they loves Igbos.

Yorubas are simply untrustworthy, unreliable and harbours genocidal intent against Ndigbo.

If you refuses to learn from the mistakes of your father, your children will learn from your mistake.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by KnowAll(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
Where did he make the initial statement, was it face book. Some people had better wacted themselves if they want to let their hair down and howl abuses at any ethnic group whilst remaing anonymous, surely the best place for such misdemenour would be NL but doing it in Facebook or any authenticated web site is really dumb. undecided
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by ACM10: 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=18pt]“Ebi loko yin (starvation is your albatross)"[/size]

Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
ACM10:

The sooner Igbos learns that we have greater enemy in Yoruba, the better for us.

Yorubas has consistently been working against Igbo interest in Nigeria.

EzeUche wants to celebrate Yorubas secession by popping champaigne, while they wants to "wipe you off the map" if you attempts to separate". I dey laff o cheesy

The fact that Yorubas don't massacre Igbos in Yorubaland does not mean that they loves Igbos.

Yorubas are simply untrustworthy, unreliable and harbours genocidal intent against Ndigbo.

If you refuses to learn from the mistakes of your father, your children will learn from your mistake.

Where,when and how did you yorubas work against the interest of ibos ? And please dont tell me because they didnt support biafara war !
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by mikolo80: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
O MAN SEE AS PPL MUMU REACH.PESIN DE TALK TRUE UNA DE HIA DE ARGUE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS INSTEAD OF GETTIN UR ACTS TOGETHER AND SHOWIN WHO IS BOSS.ABI NO BE TRUE HIM DE TALK NO BE HUNGER THEN TAKE WIRE IBO PPL.WHY NOT GO BACK AND MECHANIZE UR FARMS INSTEAD OF THROWIN PETROL ON A TINY EMBER.THIS FREEDOM OF SPEECH SEF JUS DE ALLOW ANY TOM DICK AND HARRY COME HERE AND BE TALKIN WETIN NO DE IMPT
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by aljharem3: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Where,when and how did you yorubas work against the interest of ibos ? And please dont tell me because they didnt support biafara war !

+ 10

I am also waiting for an answer.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by ACM10: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
L-R: Bar. Kunle Adegoke, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, Cardinal James Odunmbaku, Bar. Daud Akinloye

Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by aljharem3: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
ACM10:

L-R: Bar. Kunle Adegoke, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, Cardinal James Odunmbaku, Bar. Daud Akinloye

you have not answered the question

~Bluetooth:

Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by aljharem3: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
ACM10

shey you no fit answer again ?

or you just throw allegation against a group of people anyhow as you deem fit undecided
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ bluetooth and Al_harem
The sooner we started telling ourselves the truth, the better for us. You want to tell me that you see nothing wrong in the Yorubas, who were in the 60s on the same page as the igbos concerning the threat from the north withdrawing at the last minute to support what they hated so much. What pains many igbos today is that the yorubas were fully involved and even took the lead in a plot to exterminate the Igbos. This can be seen from the statement made by Adekunle which is similar to the one made by My Adegoke in 2011. Awowolo's starvatiion policy also comes to mind.

We're not saying that Igbos are saints. Far from it. We're just asking that some people be true to themselves and fight for what they believe in to the latter.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by ACM10: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You don't have to restrict my response. Ok?

Not only were Ndigbo mortally betrayed by the Yorubas during the Civil War.

They fought on the federal side, instead of staying neutral.

"Cause they erroneously thought that the Yorubas would gain more if they fight alongside Northerners.

Their intention was to tip the political balance in their favour after the war. Yes, they did that(to some extent). Afterall these elites and their kinsmen reaped abundantly from sales of the Igbo property and federal industries and parastatals. But the windfall was but for a time.

You don't go to bed with a leper and expect to be clean.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ofcourse, the Igbo people still prefer to have Biafra to the comatose One Nigeria which Yorubas fought them to keep. Isn't that working against Ndigbo's interest?
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by oduasolja: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
ACM10:

You don't have to restrict my response. Ok?

Not only were Ndigbo mortally betrayed by the Yorubas during the Civil War.

They fought on the federal side, instead of staying neutral.

"Cause they erroneously thought that the Yorubas would gain more if they fight alongside Northerners.

Their intention was to tip the political balance in their favour after the war. Yes, they did that(to some extent). Afterall these elites and their kinsmen reaped abundantly from sales of the Igbo property and federal industries and parastatals. But the windfall was but for a time.

You don't go to bed with a leper and expect to be clean.

u are a bastard.

why didnt you tell your father not to bomb lagos abi have u forgotten that lagos was one of the first targets bombed by biafra, with innocent civilians perishing in the process. I am sure if the biafran airforce had remained intact you would've continued bombing lagos.

Why did your father ojukwu try to invade lagos and bring war to our land with his rag tag army ? did he have peaceful intervention in mind. I think not.

Now you want to talk of the west maintaining neutrality ? neutrality in the face of bombings and invasion

you must be mad.

was biafra going to protect yoruba interest in the oil wells of the delta ?? or were u interested only in your interest.

bloody dummy.

the problem with you igbos is that you know how to bring out the worst in people.

u think u can kill others and walk away .

well no , if u kill others , then you to must be prepared to die as well.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by oduasolja: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
afam4eva:

@ bluetooth and Al_harem
The sooner we started telling ourselves the truth, the better for us. You want to tell me that you see nothing wrong in the Yorubas, who were in the 60s on the same page as the igbos concerning the threat from the north withdrawing at the last minute to support what they hated so much. What pains many igbos today is that the yorubas were fully involved and even took the lead in a plot to exterminate the Igbos. This can be seen from the statement made by Adekunle which is similar to the one made by My Adegoke in 2011. Awowolo's starvatiion policy also comes to mind.

We're not saying that Igbos are saints. Far from it. We're just asking that some people be true to themselves and fight for what they believe in to the latter.

look at this revisionist.

u forget that it was the igbos who were begging the north to join one Nigeria , begging that the North join Nigeria that they were prepared to wait for the north .

u forget that it was the igbos who extended the hand of political partnership to the North.

after all it was azikiwe and tafawa balewa in charge abi.

azikiwe as president and balewa as prime minister abi.

ok now, so why are u talking as if u were not partners with the north.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by ACM10: 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
oduasolja:

u are a bastard.

why didnt you tell your father not to bomb lagos abi have u forgotten that lagos was one of the first targets bombed by biafra, with innocent civilians perishing in the process. I am sure if the biafran airforce had remained intact you would've continued bombing lagos.

Why did your father ojukwu try to invade lagos and bring war to our land with his rag tag army ? did he have peaceful intervention in mind. I think not.

Now you want to talk of the west maintaining neutrality ? neutrality in the face of bombings and invasion

you must be mad.

was biafra going to protect yoruba interest in the oil wells of the delta ?? or were u interested only in your interest.

bloody dummy.

the problem with you igbos is that you know how to bring out the worst in people.

Inarticulate rant from crazed Yoruba stalker cheesy

Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by oduasolja: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
ACM10:

i guess u have nothing to respond with.

ok now. dummy. i don expose ur yansh.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Onlytruth(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
afam4eva:

@ bluetooth and Al_harem
The sooner we started telling ourselves the truth, the better for us. You want to tell me that you see nothing wrong in the Yorubas, who were in the 60s on the same page as the igbos concerning the threat from the north withdrawing at the last minute to support what they hated so much. What pains many igbos today is that the yorubas were fully involved and even took the lead in a plot to exterminate the Igbos. This can be seen from [size=16pt]the statement made by Adekunle (1967) which is similar to the one made by My Adegoke in 2011[/size]. Awowolo's starvatiion policy also comes to mind.

The bolded summarizes everything.
Ndigbo, onye obula murukwa anya o.  undecided

Luckily for us, the maker of the statement is not some faceless jobless bitter Nairalander. This one is from the creme de la creme of a section of Nigeria.
Ignore it at your own peril. cool
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
oduasolja:

u are a bastard.

you must be mad.

bloody dummy.

So you sincerely want to be bombing other people's homeland and not expect yours bombed?

You are a more daft fool than I thought.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by houvest: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
I spent 21 years of my life in Lagos and there I learnt much about the Yorubas. My best friend in the university was a Yoruba boy whose mother is a Ghanaian . We were so close that at his wedding he sent for me all the way from kaduna to be his bestman. Few years later I flew with him and his father from Lagos to Enugu for the burial of one of his fathers friends(An Anambra man) that just died. They both schooled in UK and became close family friends there. I was shocked at the unprintable things the man was saying about Igbos, the ethnic group of his so-called friend he was going for his burial, when we got to Enugu Airport. And he knew that I could not confront him because of my friendship with his son and my respect for his age. However I was so disappointed with him at such tribalism from such an enlightened man at such an old age but that taught me a lot. So I am not at all surprised that Adegoke was caught off-guard and he had to spew his innermost thoughts.

Having said that, I also do not want us to fall into the trap of over-generalisation. I have met some wonderful Yorubas especially among the good Christians who even in their inner-most thoughts do not harbour such ill toward Igbo. One of such gave me a help during my early career years in Lagos and allowed me the use of his two cars during my wedding.

What we need to do is to be careful to discern one from the other so we do not fall into the same trap of prejudice and bigotry. The fact is that 1/ Some are outspoken about their Igbo-phobia 2/ Others perfectly hide it and appear to be your friends and only expose it when they are caught off-guard like Adegoke. Much of 1 and 2 belong to the older generation and children of real Igbo antagonists because of the prejudice they have been fed or bad experiences from bad Igbo apples. 3/ Some are really indifferent perhaps because of their upbringing like some I have met in UK and others that grew up abroad but can be influenced to either side by what they hear or read without actually having an experience or proof of the stereo-typing. 4/ The last group are friends of Ndigbo like late Adeniran Ogunsanya.

I believe that there is a possibility of raproachment between the two ethnic groups especially with 3 and 4 above so we should discern who is who and know how to relate with them.
Re: Kunle Adegoke Apologizes To Ndigbo For Internet Statement by BlackPikiN(m): 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is serious!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks All Osun State Senators, Reps And House Of Assembly Members / The Late Tiv Warrior, Gideon Orkar's, Coup Speech, April 1990 / Do You Want Buhari Back In 2019 : Zahra Buhari Ask Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.