Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114431 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DemoOmooba: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
http://cutting-edge-view..com/2012/01/no-magic-wand.html

Please visit my blog and look at my solutions to this logjam!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by logi: 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
What we told Jonathan and others - Nigeria Civil Society and Co
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-845420.0.html#msg9958306
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DanKan0: 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2012

LAgos
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by agabaI23(m): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
Operation occupy national assembly,
Their salaries should be below that of Obama. Nothing more than $400k and that's being generous.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by schoolboi: 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by armyofone(m): 4:35am On Jan 14, 2012
everything just brought tears to my eyes. Proud of everyone of you. Keep up the fight and don't give up.
Nigerians have suffered much. The solidarity is touching.
God bless you all.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DanKan0: 7:17am On Jan 14, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DanKan0: 8:00am On Jan 14, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by merly2: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2012
pls wot is goin on in enugu, is anyone updated wit it? tell me pls
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
People need to watch this video and know why nigerian are tired of the same old corrupt system

watch and learn

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoLBCmB_Ms&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOFGDFyz1I[/flash]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by eghost247(m): 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2012

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OneNaija(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2012
JONA is a RAT. He deserve to be hanghang

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 1:41am On Jan 15, 2012
[size=13pt]Central Bank Governor Sanusi Lamido has a statement to the effect “So, anybody that is still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani, he does not love Nigeria. The problem with Nigeria is that a group of people from each and every ethnic tribe is very selfish. The poverty that is found in Maiduguri is even worse than any
poverty that you find in any part of the South." floating within the closed gardens of Facebook.[/size]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rad1cal: 3:25am On Jan 15, 2012
At least we get to maintain our Lagos Jamboree . Let's go there grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by muami(m): 6:21am On Jan 15, 2012
Rad1cal:

At least we get to maintain our Lagos Jamboree . Let's go there grin
Yes oh. BTW, which acts are performing on Monday?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by londoner: 9:22am On Jan 15, 2012
I must admit, there have been some positives to come out of the protests/strikes.

At least now the average Nigerian can see that if they don't speak up for themselves no-one will do it for them.

There are aspects that are quite encouraging. The 50 million dollar question is whether this recent boldness and indignation will spur people on to put pressure on ALL of the political class (and moguls) to confront and reduce corruption for the long haul.

I guess time will tell.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by londoner: 9:23am On Jan 15, 2012
Central Bank Governor Sanusi Lamido has a statement to the effect “So, anybody that is still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani, he does not love Nigeria. The problem with Nigeria is that a group of people from each and every ethnic tribe is very selfish. The poverty that is found in Maiduguri is even worse than any
poverty that you find in any part of the South." floating within the closed gardens of Facebook.

I notice Sanusi was careful not to mention Igbos by name.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rad1cal: 10:13am On Jan 15, 2012
muami:

Yes oh. BTW, which acts are performing on Monday?

Lagbaja is billed to perform grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by hasyak(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2012
"Muslim Compatriots in Kano attend Church service to show solidarity with Christains. I am loving this subsidy removal, hehehehe, some pple re in trouble, if we can conquer religious bigotary then we have won half d battle. For years they have remained united in looting us while dey whip up religious sentiments to divide us. Some pple must be peeing in der pants now. Praissseeeeeeeee The Lord"
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rad1cal: 10:57am On Jan 15, 2012
hasyak:

"Muslim Compatriots in Kano attend Church service to show solidarity with Christains. I am loving this subsidy removal, hehehehe, some pple re in trouble, if we can conquer religious bigotary then we have won half d battle. For years they have remained united in looting us while dey whip up religious sentiments to divide us. Some pple must be peeing in der pants now. Praissseeeeeeeee The Lord"

Na today cool . We are not moved by such pettiness .
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Carlosein(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2012
alj harem:

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg878/scaled.php?tn=0&server=878&filename=is7hk.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

Oh-oh, there goes her national award a la her colleagues in nollywood  grin

Never mind Kate. Keep up the good work, your reward is sure and true!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by segyemaro(m): 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2012
Pls wat is the latest about labour/federal govt, ave they agreed to d 65/ltr?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Calradised: 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
TB JOSHUA is right now in his service addressing the issue in our nation now,

dis is part of what he said:

I want to salute my people Nigeria for coming here today. We need to talk about the situation in Nigeria. If the situation is not okay we could not come here today. Nigeria has prayed and hoped one thing that is yet to be done - we need to apply love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – There are only 3 things – faith, hope and love. The greatest is love. Since the greatest thing is love; we need to make the greatest sacrifice. Our president is the person who should make the greatest sacrifice. The other participants will follow. My message to the nation, to you Nigeria – is compromise. Love is compromise. To give chance for peace in the interests of the nation –
Jesus gave chance for peace. When he said, give to ceaser what is ceasers and to God what is God’s.
To compromise means we must shift the ground.
We should not give the impression of embarrassing the president and the other participants in the crisis.
To achieve this easily, our president must rely more on politicians because this is a game than on technocrats.

God bless d nation.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by segyemaro(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
Pls i am stil waiting for my reply
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by osaman2011: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
FELLOW NIGERIAN STUDENTS:-
Its obvious dere is no headway on D subsidy issue. NLC/TUC prefers 2remain on strike, after all as govt workers, Dey will still be paid their salaries even if dey Don't work.

But must we students wait 4 d subsidy issue 2be resolved before we resume?. If ASUU is threatenin 6months strike. Can't we do sumtin? Can't we network wit other universities, mobilise our SUGs 2meet wit our Govt & resolve it?

U dat is supposed 2 be on IT now, U dat is supposed 2graduate dis year, dose in other levels hopin 2leave school in due course, must dey add another year 2our graduation date?

Na our future be Dis o!!!

Pls broadcast Dis msg 2yur friends &dose in other schools if U are tired of stayin at home
-from osaman
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jamace(m): 9:50am On Jan 16, 2012
N97/l is not acceptable to the people. Strike continues.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:54am On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by honeric01(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2012
Princess Adeyemi wrote: I confirm to you this morning (7:46am) that Pastor Tunde Bakare has been arrested on order of GEJ. This is bringing back the regime of Abacha. GEJ shld immediately release Pastor Bakare. Pls broadcast to all your social media contact. Pls call +2348023411451 for further confirmation.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

Princess Adeyemi wrote: I confirm to you this morning (7:46am) that Pastor Tunde Bakare has been arrested on order of GEJ. This is bringing back the regime of Abacha. GEJ shld immediately release Pastor Bakare. Pls broadcast to all your social media contact. Pls call +2348023411451 for further confirmation.

PLS CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS STORY
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jamace(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2012
^^^Has he been taken to Abuja?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by joshfash(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

He has not been arrested, he has just twitted 35mins ago.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by honeric01(m): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2012
joshfash:

He has not been arrested, he has just twitted 35mins ago.

can you post the message he tweeted?

engineerd:

PLS CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS STORY

i only posted what was posted to me, call the number to verify.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.