Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? (8582 Views)

Air Force patrol helicopters observing the protests around Akwa Ibom / Why Is Cnn Not Reporting Nigeria's Election? / Report Your Efforts And And Ideas In Supporting The Protests And Strikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by adrian5(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
I smell a huge rat!
Why's the world's largest news network silent on the struggle??
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by sizzlers(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
wanna know why?? fresh air
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by wesley80(m): 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
Their Nigeria correspondent - Christian Purefoy- resigned his job yesterday. I'm not sure why but i think that has sort of affected their Nigeria coverage.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
^oga christian Purefoy isnt there Nigerian correspondent per say but he's/ was their entire African correspondent just as Jeff and Tumi back then before they were sacked along side our own femi oke some years back.

However they still have one other Zimbabwean lady that also covers Africa. its possible that christians resigntn could have affected the coverage cos CNN shd have at least said something like they do when BHaram strikes
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Lasinoh: 5:55am On Jan 04, 2012
Thank God!
I don't want these nosey dudu/oyinbo peeps to keep asking me questions about 'Africa' again! kiss
Like 'Africa' is my living room or something? undecided

Sheeesh!
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by dustydee: 7:23am On Jan 04, 2012
toba:

^oga christian Purefoy isnt there Nigerian correspondent per say but he's/ was their entire African correspondent just as Jeff and Tumi back then before they were sacked along side our own femi oke some years back.

However they still have one other Zimbabwean lady that also covers Africa. its possible that christians resigntn could have affected the coverage cos CNN shd have at least said something like they do when BHaram strikes
Really? why did he resign? He was much better than Jeff. Jeff is now with K24 in kenya hosting one show where he interviews govt officials and always laughing even when there's nothing to laugh about.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 04, 2012
So you want to see yourself on tv. Oya go and shoot sultan.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by wesley80(m): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2012
toba:

Oga, Purefoy was CNN's LAGOS BASED correspondent with responsibility for the entire West Africa. Not sure what point you're trying to make but his departure would've surely impacted on their reports even if a new person is already in.

dustydee:

Really? why did he resign? He was much better than Jeff. Jeff is now with K24 in kenya hosting one show where he interviews govt officials and always laughing even when there's nothing to laugh about.

He announced his resignation in a single tweet 2days back but didnt say why though he said something about a 'big project' in Nigeria.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by likethat(m): 9:59am On Jan 04, 2012
You know US Army have left all other Oil producing countries like Libya and Iraq. So the next nation to deal with is Nigeria. Jonathan please wake up before US park you well.

Beware of 2015 ooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by kokoA(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2012
lucenzo:

So you want to see yourself on tv. Oya go and shoot sultan.

na wah 4 u oo grin grin Kai! Nigerians, never a dull moment.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2012
Thank the Lord Christian Purefoy resigned, he is fond of reporting silly news. I am sure he wants to get involved in one of these laboratories in Lekki. Silly white boy
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by kimbaby: 10:08am On Jan 04, 2012
Cos they see the advantages of the subsidy removal and no reason for the protests
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Konnektions146(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2012
wesley80:

Oga, Purefoy was CNN's LAGOS BASED correspondent with responsibility for the entire West Africa. Not sure what point you're trying to make but his departure would've surely impacted on their reports even if a new person is already in.

He announced his resignation in a single tweet 2days back but didnt say why though he said something about a 'big project' in Nigeria.

even wen Purefoy was active, he rarely cover big Nigerian stories, i see some little stories Robyn Curnow in SA reports and big stories here in Naija christian don`t. let dem get a more vibrant reporter abeg.
I was watchin him on African Voices interviewing the "Master Story Teller" and he just dont get it.
LeoMax:

Thank the Lord Christian Purefoy resigned, he is fond of reporting silly news. I am sure he wants to get involved in one of these laboratories in Lekki. Silly white boy

i wish him the best in His future endeavours
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by goinggreat: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2012
this is why they are not reporting the protests.http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-725718. they need your coments in order for it to be used on their news.as you can see,only 338 people have made comments.to get their attention, forward the link to as many people as you can to make comments.if thousands of pple comment,it will be aired tooday/tomorrow
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by honeric01(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2012
When they are part of the reasons? undecided
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by kokoA(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2012
This is pure ojoro! They reported other peoples' own but now its our turn they don't want to. Its not fair o grin grin
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Shokoloko(f): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2012
The US follow for our problems. They are still our masters and GEJ is their ultimate puppet while we the Nigerians are sitting ducks. N̶̲̥̅̊o wonder I'm racist. We for do US must go.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by cap28: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2012
could it be because they dont feel you should be protesting?
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by matooto: 10:49am On Jan 04, 2012
CNN is a US medium. What advantage would it be for these white cheats if the true pulse of the people are reported? What good interest of Nigeria does US have to que behind people who are for a just course. It is a matter of time, their tool, Okonjo 'Ewela' or whatever her name is, would be disappointed and disgraced.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Blackteeth(m): 10:54am On Jan 04, 2012
Cos the world audience have lost hope in Nigeria. Broadcasting Nigeria would be a waste of bandwidth.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by islamrules(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2012
All u haters of US.
Nigeria protest is not popular. Protest is everywhere, but not all news worthy.
Only a few out of 140 million people are protesting (not up to a million). It is just one of those protest.
Your governement has bribed Labour leaders and activists who should be at the forefront of the protest. So the protest will soon die down and u will continue paying 130naira. February, the governement may decide to increase it to 300naira. There is noting u can do about it.

Here is ur answer.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/03/world/africa/nigeria-fuel-protest/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Gbam.

Oya shame on u all.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by islamrules(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2012
To show u that U.S. is criticizing fuel subsidy removal.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72760:envoy-flays-foreign-critics-over-subsidy-removal-boko-haram&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

There is nothing u can do to the U.S.A, its a God's own state
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Ezniteadin(m): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2012
http://akinbami..com/2012/01/cnn-not-reporting-protest-in-nigeria.html

After the exit of Christian Purefoy and Femi Oke, the flashpoint on Nigeria seems unimportant to CNN one of the biggest media partners globally
The recent marriage of Nigeria and the visit made to Nigeria by representative of the International Monetary fund is viewed with so much suspicion by the Elite in Nigeria
As Nigeria move en-mass against the corruption of Government, it seemed that the silence of CNN is laden with unspoken reason.
Nigerians all over the world are concern for the role of the international community in bringing the corruption in motherland to a halt by a joint media front
So far, only BBC and Aljazeera have featured the recent crisis on their website.
We wonder if CNN is a partner to the insensitive corrupter of Nigeria
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Konnektions146(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2012
islamrules:

All u haters of US.
Nigeria protest is not popular. Protest is everywhere, but not all news worthy.
Only a few out of 140 million people are protesting (not up to a million). It is just one of those protest.
Your governement has bribed Labour leaders and activists who should be at the forefront of the protest. So the protest will soon die down and u will continue paying 130naira. February, the governement may decide to increase it to 300naira. There is noting u can do about it.

Here is your answer.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/03/world/africa/nigeria-fuel-protest/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Gbam.

Oya shame on u all.

my friend watch the way yu talk. yu can pass yur message and still be reasonable,
learn how to manage info

Blackteeth:

Cos the world audience have lost hope in Nigeria. Broadcasting Nigeria would be a waste of bandwidth.
wat do u mean? is Nigeria always in the news or re they the worst country in the world watch it!!
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by onyxo76(m): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2012
correct me if am wrong, but i have not seen bbc report the protests either.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by SSaemoenl(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2012
Simple because the protests is not organized(21st century protests) and strong to waste their airtime.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by publisher(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2012
Unlike other international news correspondents,Christian Purefoy did not dwell on the negatives in Nigeria. He was very balanced and he seems to have fallen in love with Nigeria.
Ps: he has also landed a huge job in Nigeria,details later.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2012
If the Fuel Subsidies Removal Protesters in Abuja really want to make an impact that will totally catalyze the overdue revolution this nation needs - all they need do is carry along a 10liter jerry-can of petrol and march to ASO rock - Pour it on themselves and light-up each other. 10,000 people all at the same time. what a sight to behold. then Lagos should follow-suit, then Imo State, then Ogun and so forth , while northerners watch in stupefying laughter grin grin grin grin
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2012
@agerwhenindoubt:

Really I thought stupi-dity was no longer in Vougue.
With your kind of response I just confirmed it that its a generational genetic triat.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Shokoloko(f): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2012
I don't care of CNN headlines the fuel subsidy removal. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ only prayer is that Nigeria should get her act together. Now the US have recalled their troops from Libya and Iraq they are waiting to come to Nigeria. Do Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ guys know that there are US trooped stationed not far from Bonny Island? I went to Bonny recently and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ in-laws who work in NLNG were worried cos they said the NLNG engineers intercepted a frequency and got some disturbing info. God help us all.
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by Konnektions146(m): 11:44am On Jan 04, 2012
Shokoloko:

I don't care of CNN headlines the fuel subsidy removal. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ only prayer is that Nigeria should get her act together. Now the US have recalled their troops from Libya and Iraq they are waiting to come to Nigeria. Do Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ guys know that there are US trooped stationed not far from Bonny Island? I went to Bonny recently and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ in-laws who work in NLNG were worried cos they said the NLNG engineers intercepted a frequency and got some disturbing info. God help us all.
they are waitin to reap from us, i wonder y the west cant just stay, they wanna coome here , fuel a fight, sell their arms to us, suck our resources and answer the world power

talknafree:

@agerwhenindoubt:

Really I thought stupi-dity was no longer in Vougue.
With your kind of response I just confirmed it that its a generational genetic triat.
ddnt yu see his location, u dont need to seek further why he is talkin like that,
Re: Why's Cnn Not Reporting The Protests? by bilaya(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2012
I didn't see any protest.I just saw a bunch of few jobless people burning a couple of tyres

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Bigger Batch Of Chibok Girls Will Soon Be Released, Says Lai / Benue Imposes Dusk-To-Dawn Curfew On 3 LGAs / Aviation Fuel Price Rises By 70%, International Airlines May Raise Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.