Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Obasanjo, What Have You Done? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, What Have You Done? (964 Views)

Amaechi Is Visibly Worried In Picture With Obasanjo...what Could It Be About? / Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari / Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, What Have You Done? by jpphilips(m): 1:12am On Jan 04, 2012
@ chuxyn
fuel subsidy removal is not deregulation as it stands.
the viable arguement that the govt makes over 140million usd daily in oil export daily is true.
the 2011 budget had 240bn naira as subsidy till corruption finished the system.
Nigeria can comfortably afford as much as 500b anually. paying subsidy is not a soln but local production capacity is. oil and gas and telecoms or airlines buisness are not the same. things will get worse. in the international market crude is already expensive so what are you deregulating? perhaps profit margin but the landing cost will still be high and there is no hope in sight of oil prices going down in the next 5 yrs.
the US naval war college has realeased a statement that it will take 5 months to neutralise iranian blockade at the strait of hormuz should iran carry out its threat.
that alone will cut off 60% of world oil supply for a while, what will be the price of crude with 60% supply cut? and how can Nigeria survive those 5months?
rem. that the prediction is not sacrosanct just like they thought they will finish iraq in 6months but ended up staying 8yrs.
you cant imagine what jona has done till you buy petrol at 1k/l and trust buisness guys their price no dey come down.

let me remind you that this stock of pet.products had subsidy paid on them and people are selling as much as 150,
check oil price as we speak the next consignment will come almost 200bucks.
deregulation will only work in the oil industry if you have the structure that support it.
jonathan is not smart, if he can guarantee cheap oil in this country, a lot of investors must come to build refineries.
did you remember when people were saying that Mtn wont survive the nigerian mkt because of lack of electricity?
what happened ?the natural Nigerian mentality plus corporate patronage blessed them.
if Nigerians had angolean mentality, mtn wont stand a chance cos the exploitation was glaring.

dont tell me abt the airline industry,Nigeria till date still has one of the most expensive air services in the world.
if your idea of degulation is high price then u dont have a point.
competition forced telecom price down, in oil lifting, it is a different ball game the landing cost must be high since crude is already expensive in the. intl market.

I feel sorry for Nigerians, we love hearing stories pls lemme remind you that jonathan has a lot of fair options, this is extreme, a corper I saw today was begging for transport to make it back to the east.
jona decieved us with saving money. where is best to save money if you are in his shoes?
run an expensive govt or take food from the poor?
I am yet to see the sagacity behind this subsidy removal if he cant fight corruption there in. is jonathan saying that should corruption creep into the subsidy funds implementation regime he will scrap it again?
jonathan sounds like a college boy.
where will he get the money to implement his palliatives? every sector of the economy has been budgeted for
or are we paying diff for govt functions? I dont just get it. where did obasanjo get this daft from?
Re: Obasanjo, What Have You Done? by jamace(m): 3:37am On Jan 04, 2012
This indeed is an ill-timed action by the govt.

GEJ has ruined the lives of Nigerians. What will 18k minimum wage do in this hyper-inflated situation? I pity the ordinary Nigerians.

Oh! Nigerians. sad sad
Re: Obasanjo, What Have You Done? by Lasinoh: 5:01am On Jan 04, 2012
Flight from Asaba to Abuja 86K. . .
Na wah! cry

(1) (Reply)

Negotiations Between Nlc/tuc & Fg Proved Abortive / Gov. Gabriel Suswan Wins Again!!! / Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.