Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! (5246 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo / CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Xmind1: 7:22am On Jan 04, 2012
Mr president, we all know that the only problem with subsidy and indeed Nigeria is corruption.It's only a weak president that will shy away from confronting the cabal of Nigeri's oil industry.
Fight the cabal in NNPC, fight the cabal that sabotage the refineries. Fight corruption in your own government.reduce the cost of your government. Ensure that transparent implementation os oil subsidy so that it can benefit the poor man. Retructure PEF and PPPRA.Fight the cancer of corruption eating this country up. That is the only way. If you don't do that, even when subsidy is removed, the corrupt people in government will feast on the monies realized and our condition will be worse that ever.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by jamace(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2012
He is damn afraid to fight the cabal. By the way, who are these cabals? Are they not the same people surrounding him as advisers? GEJ is a mere puppet. GEJ is a big disappointment. sad sad
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by freecocoa(f): 9:58am On Jan 04, 2012
^
The same thing I'm asking,these cabal or whatever,are they not human beings? Why can't he arrest them? GEJ is just a disgrace to that seat.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by claremont(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2012
Badluck Jonathan! grin

Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by likethat(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2012
Please let us watch all those people supporting Oil Subsidy Removal, so when the full revolution stared.

Please who knows the World Bank and IMF office in Nigeria?
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2012
@X-mind

Before you expose your ignorance and shoot yourself in the foot. Ask yourself, who awarded initial approval to these "cabals". OBJ himself. Why are majority of them Yorubas. Jonathan is doing one bold thing by just removing the subsidy. Why do you think OBJ is against it. Cos all of those people are his boyz and he gets his cut. Past presidents have their boys in the Cabal and its the boldest step taken after the era of Tunde Idiagbon (Not Buhari, cos Idiagbon did all the jobs).

Its best to remove the carpet under their feet, these cabal members finances put together is bigger than Nigeria's foreign reserve. QED
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by honeric01(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2012
claremont:

Badluck Jonathan! grin

Are you serious? grin
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by 8figure(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2012
See what subsidy has caused,

Courtesy of facebook friend

Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Emilo(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2012
If you ask me, the right actions by the government would have been, in the following order,

First----Arrest the so called "Cabals", seize all their assets and money and plunge back into the system

Second----Ensure workers salary are increased nationwide

Third--- Address Boko Haram issue (the government through the SSS are aware of the culprit, if not explain how they were able to arrest and kill the leader of Boko Haram, when this rubbish first emanated)

Fourth-- Gradually remove the fuel subsidy (cos whether we like it or not, one day it must be removed)

Fifth-----Build the refineries, and gradually return the nation to agriculture era
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2012
Arrest which cabal ? Do you know who and who is behind each marketer ? Its like saying Arrest OBJ and IBB. Its like you dont know "people" approved each marketer before license is issued and approved for importation.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Ivynwa(f): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2012
GEJ SHOULD FIGHT CORRUPTION AND ESPECIALLY THE BOKO-HAREMISH BOMBINGS AND LEAVE FUEL SUBSIDY ALONE!

Yeah boy!
Exactly my thought.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by mcvic1: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2012
corruption is a man doing the wrong thing and getting credit for doing so. When wrong is punishable corruption will cease. If we demonstrate and get killed who gets the credit? If we advocate for constitutional uprightness then we get our deserved leaders. Oshomole is nw a governor his hands are filled so he cant fight anymore as comrade,information minister also, Dr Abati of Patitos Gang hw far? Who gets up there forget d pain of those downhere.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Ivynwa(f): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2012
@8figure
Oh my God!
The pictures you posted here in the thread had me cracking up seriously.
Very funny pictures.

Abeg they shouldn't remove that fuel subsidy and have the cost of living skyrocketing.
Our population is so outrageous that Nigeria cannot handle a high cost of living.
See what is happening now-------youths have no jobs and are frustrated into painting us all black
doing "yahoo yahoo". Families are struggling to feed and tend their chidren.
What will people do when everything becomes out of reach of the common man?
Do they want people to revolt like other African countries did? God forbid we don't
want revolution in Nigeria.

They should be wise and let the subsidy stay and find another means of sourcing more revenues.
The timing is all very wrong too. GEJ should even have mercy on himself------ people are dangerously working against you
and changing the hearts of your subjects against you. Everybody is screaming "Gej is weak, remove Gej",
I am pitying how the poor president must be feeling with all these and there he
is fiddling with Fuel subsidy and
causing people to get more angry.
Haba Gej!
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by sheyguy: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2012
I think the first step shld be elimination of the cabal, cos anything on ground after the removal of subsidy will eventually play into the hands of these cabal, Gej is not the type of person u expect to do these things cos he is one of them.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by jpphilips(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2012
@leo max
continue whinning from victoria island the ss iyc by chapter to join the fight against subsidy.
their mission statement this morning was succint, since their brother jona cannot fight the cabals but wish Nigerians to buy peak milk @ 350 a tin,
they have resolved to burn down all filling stations belonging to the cabals.
dey dia make ur nyansh catch fire, ur father dia
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by jpphilips(m): 10:53am On Jan 04, 2012
@ leomax
you are an inflammed scrotal sac. a regime budgeted for 240 billion developed wings and landed on 1.3trillion. instead of doing the honorable thing, jonathan is feeding them more from my acct.
I dont blame you na d the protesters for lagos wey never burn down your office for VI I dey blame make I know where you will be typing that rubbish from.
imagine
taking a second wife because the former misappropriated feeding money.
bingo.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by kunyeo(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2012
The best analogy for the Nigerian situation is like a father with about 150 children and he has to feed all of them everyday. It got to a point where the financial burden of feeding the whole family was getting unbearable. He investigated and discovered that the senior among his children were the ones sabotaging his efforts. He identified the crooks,but he is somehow afraid of his own children.Do you know his solution ? He stopped buying food for his family: everyone to go out there and fight for survival!
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2012
Do you want Government to continue subsidy ? Then all States should concentrate on discovering natural resources in their States so government can have excess money to continue subsidy. There is no reason why Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba to clamour for subsidy when all Nigeria;s money come from Niger Delta. Make una follow contribute
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by lexicon(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2012
LeoMax:

@X-mind

Before you expose your ignorance and shoot yourself in the foot. Ask yourself, who awarded initial approval to these "cabals". OBJ himself. Why are majority of them Yorubas. Jonathan is doing one bold thing by just removing the subsidy. Why do you think OBJ is against it. Cos all of those people are his boyz and he gets his cut. Past presidents have their boys in the Cabal and its the boldest step taken after the era of Tunde Idiagbon (Not Buhari, cos Idiagbon did all the jobs).

Its best to remove the carpet under their feet, these cabal members finances put together is bigger than Nigeria's foreign reserve. QED

Are u okay ?
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2012
@lexicon
No !! Am not. I dont blame you, your destiny is to make enough money than your wife can spend as per your signature.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by jpphilips(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2012
lol dats wot im seeing here too, my dutch partner said he thinks like a c.unt and looks like a d.ick.
unfortunately our rev is starting on monday in portharcourt streets re deserted peeps wey go xmas no see transport come back NlC says monday so we wait.
some strong men left yesternite for by to join theirs, the iyc presidol na sylva boy so he is mobilizing seriously over there.
no matter how comfortable you are, you cant watch your neighbour die of hunger,moreso all the big boys re running away cos these street urchings will rob the living day light out of them.
its getting sweeter because the big boys here are the ones doing the mobilization so that the urchings will see them as one of them.
jonathan go see policy run.imagine one small station attendant telling a customer " if you cant afford th
e new rate go get work" come see slap wey the boy give am e sound like briggade band, come see fight.
femi falana for Vp, buhari for president. jonathan for youth president.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by gendebs(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2012
Jonah!!! Jonah!!!!, Hear the voice of the
Lord saying: Abacha and Mariam went
into ASO ROCK-only Mariam came out
alive OBJ and Stella went in 2 Aso rock -
only OBJ came out alive YAR'ADUA andT
urai went into Aso rock- only TURAI CAME OUT ALIVE JONAH!!!JONAH!!!!
Patience already prophesied on
National TV saying '''MY FELLOW
WIDOWS'':| that Is 2 Say JONAH Ifura
Lògun agba ooo
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by jpphilips(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2012
lol @ gendebs
I think it started with Ibb his wife is late too. that Aso rock no easy ooo
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by andyanders: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2012
Poster, Don't you think that Mr. Jona--Go is part of the cabal hence they cannot fight? To me, I beleive he and his are part of the cabal. No sane president will keep mute and allow a cabal to run his government down if he is not part of that corrupt system. He must be a benefactor hence his present action of punishing the poor by the sudden removal of the subsidy. He should have been more proactive in his approach than his new year gift.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by emedizzla(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2012
Can Nigeria ever grow?
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by lexicon(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2012
LeoMax:

@lexicon
No !! Am not. I dont blame you, your destiny is to make enough money than your wife can spend as per your signature.

mY FiNaL aNSWER = YoU aRE NoT OkaY
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Concept(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2012
emedizzla:

Can Nigeria ever grow?

Yes but not with the kind of leadership at present.

LeoMax:

@lexicon

Who is this guy? U talk without logic just with sentiment, I doubt your ability to be a good manager.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2012
Subsidy is of the greatest fronts of the corruption going on in this country.
It is not about arresting anything body, Nigerians are involved both great and small.

REfineries cannot work because all hands are on deck to make sure that every money is shared.
From the gate man to the top management. The police, army, navy, judiciary, ministers, senators are all involved.

Jonathan has shown courage by what he has done.

Let this removal stay.
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by DrKnow1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
N1 Billion budget proposal for Aso Rock

http://asewele-television..com/
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by jpphilips(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ noble zone

proove that you are not a student recieving pocket money from your dad
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by wikitruth: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2012
Please listen to this and form your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVWxjPVlncc&sns=fb
Re: Fight Corruption And Leave Subsidy Alone! by Timmy321(m): 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
Jonathan is too much a fool so as to arrest any "cabal" besides they will head the subsidy reinvestment board. He is working in accordance with the directives given to him by the cabals. JONATHAN YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Just resign and take your second wife (Okonjo) home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How HID Awolowo Placed A Curse On Bola Tinubu / Tambuwal Faces Sack Over Bid To Defect To APC / Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.